Page 3 of Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.4/5 - 817 reviews

Extremely effective when used properly!
Reviewed on January 28, 2014

This is where the saying a little goes a long way comes into play. Lemon juice has been the most beneficial method I've tried by FAR with my acne scarring, but you must use it with care. You do not need the whole or even half of the lemon for this routine! When I first started using lemon 2 years ago I made a big mistake by slapping too much of it on. This is extremely strong stuff, so we are only using a very small amount per use. Here's how I do it.

You will need:

A lemon

Saran wrap (for storing the lemon)

A Q-tip

Take your lemon and cut it in half. Now, take your Q-tip and just dip it into on of the lemons ridges. Don't be shy to get the end of the Q-tip fairly coated, this is where you can be generous with the amount of lemon you use. Now you can just dab the lemon onto all of your problem areas with ease.

The problem people make is they cover their whole face with lemon, when that's completely unnecessary. Not only are you going to be drying out your entire face, you are bleaching the whole thing too making the process of lightening your scars slower. You must also be sure that the marks you are treating are not ACTIVE. Active acne is not something you wanna put lemon on, at least from my experience. You should only be putting the lemon on the marks that are completely healed.

Tips:

I find exfoliating before doing this to be helpful.

Burning is to be expected, though the burning should be reduced since you are only applying it with the Q-tip.

The duration of time you leave this treatment on is up to you, personally I go to sleep with it on and find that works very well.

I use olive oil for any dry skin after this treatment, and it works wonders. It does not break me out in the slightest.

It's also important to note that I have very sensitive skin, and this routine does not cause redness nor break me out! Irritation during the lemon is normal if you are just starting to use it, but redness in your face will not last after you wash it off. My marks are about 60% gone after 2 months of using it about three times a week. Obviously this isn't going to be an absolute miracle worker but I'm very pleased with the results and as we all know it's a long and emotional journey to having clear skin! Good luck everyone!

Not good for sensitive skin
Reviewed on January 17, 2014

I have relatively sensitive skin ( its not super super sensitive) a lot of products make my skin worse because they are just too harsh. I tried applying lemon juice on my skin, it would burn and my skin would be really red but i stuck with it. By the way I only applied at night as lemon juice can have a bad reaction in the sun. My face was itchy and sore during the time i used it and i noticed little whiteheads appearing. I thought it might just be the bad stuff coming to the surface but i didn't go away. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I suggest drinking it instead in warm water THAT does wonders! Also i suggest really looking into skin ph balance, i didn't balance my skin when using lemon juice ( lemon juice is really acidic and I just used it by itself) that might be why it didn't work for me ?

Worst. thing. ever.
Reviewed on January 6, 2014

The acid made me break out like crazy. I over used the product as well, I guess if you take very little lemon it might work, but for me it damaged my skin severely and I still have some marks left. It left a stinging sensation which I thought was a good sign at first, but it turned out to be a bad sign. Don't use harsh products on your skin, it damages more than it helps.

worried
Reviewed on January 6, 2014

i ve been using lemon juice on my face for about a week and then i stoped because i heard this can make my skin sensitive to sun too much. i havent seen any improvments yet but it takes more to see

good for red marks, but BE CAREFUL
Reviewed on January 3, 2014

This is the best method to fade red marks, but be careful or you could possibly make acne worse!

Make sure you don't have ANY open wounds, scabs, or dry patches. Only use it if the lesion has healed and there is no residual pain. Don't leave it on for more than a few hours at a time, and don't use it every day. If it starts to sting TOO much, take it off and try again another day. If you're careful, this can really help with red marks.

I've left it on for 2-3 hours, 4x/week, and saw results in 2 weeks.

Lemon Juice
Reviewed on December 4, 2013

This product (in combination with drinking lemon juice) has really helped with my acne. I know that it does not work for everyone but if you are like me (a teenager who had acne that was first very light just on the forehead and then increased in severity over time) then definitely give this a go. I apply the lemon juice straight to the affected areas at night and leave it on over night and i ask drink a cup of water with about a tablespoon of lemon juice in it. If you have sensitive skin maybe dilute the lemon juice you put on your face or do not leave it on for so long. Hope this helped

WOW.
Reviewed on November 20, 2013

i had hyperpigmentation from acne, in 2 weeks, this stuff cleared 80%. i cannot believe the results!

Amazing so far.
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I've started applying lemon juice on mostly my forehead to get rid of those stupid whiteheads since Monday every night before i go to sleep. All I can say is that it's kind of improving it. I know nothing can't happen right away so I'm going to give it two weeks to see if it'll really work. I also started to drink warm water with freshly squeezed lemon once a day too. Hopefully this helps with the whiteheads I have on my forehead!

Miracle Cure.
Reviewed on September 22, 2013

I have been on Accutane which cleared me completely, but then after they came back I tried everything (like before) to no avail.

Although, during the summer, 2 weeks before sixth form, with a face full of red acne, I started to use lemon as often as I could (usually all day - apart from if I was going out).

2 weeks later, when I went back to school I was acne free. I still use it now and completely love it! I also drink water and lemon as often as I can.

Also, if you buy a lemon and only use a slice a day, it'll last ages!

Try it, but give it a little time!

Helps with inflammation but do not use every day
Reviewed on September 6, 2013

If used only a couple of times a week, it can help with inflammation and skin tone. But I used to use it every day and eventually it aggravated my acne, so now I only use it when I have infected acne or lots of hyperpigmentation. Make sure you buy the 100% lemon juice type, and dilute it with water if it's too strong for you.