Page 3 of Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.4/5 - 820 reviews

You will be amazed, miracle!
Reviewed on February 28, 2014

A week ago my face was terrible because I tried to clean my face with hands, taking acnes, blackheads off.. I did some research and found something interesting. Lemon juice mixed with honey , olive oil and cinnamon. The guy who told me that said to let it 2 mins. Its so short time but if u let it longer it's hard to wash it off your face. You need to wash your face with lukewarm water before and after. You should put in the mixture at least 1tbs of each. I usually put 2tbs of lemon juice because I have oily skin. If you have dry skin put more honey. I use this every morning and before sleep. I'm amazed.. You will see the redness on your face will start to fade off. I couldn't believe how quickly it worked. For 1-2 weeks your face will be clean. You can use it everyday except if you notice someting unusual, which I don't believe. I was sceptical , but try it and you will see. You can't be in minus!

Amazing and Simple
Reviewed on February 14, 2014

My skin is very pale so you can see redness very easily. I came across an oatmeal mask recipe that had lemon juice and tomato juice as ingredients. While the mask was amazing, it did take a long time to make, so I figured I'd use the ingredients individually. The lemon juice fades redness really well and shrinks pimples also. It can be harsh, especially for sensitive skin, so you can try diluting it with water or use a smaller amount. What I do is I cut a slice off, and dab my finger to get the juice, then dab it where I need it. It does tend to sting a bit too, and I would use a moisturizer as well.

It works!!!
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

I started struggling with acne at age 20, which was really difficult to deal with after having great skin prior. I would get the typical hormonal breakout and then pick at my face creating horrendous scars. When my husband and I were trying to conceive with my first child, I was put on a progesterone that made my face breakout worse than ever before. I started researching holistic methods of helping acne and came across lemon juice application. It has hands down changed the way I approach skin care. I was sold into pretty much every acne skin care line and prescription available, all of which didn't work and irritated my skin more. Now pregnant with my second child, I started breaking out terribly. I restarted my skin routine of applying a mixture of fresh lemon juice with two drops of honey and less than a week later my face was clear and fresh marks were fading. I choose to add the honey for its natural antibacterial qualities and it helps to moisturize my skin because the lemon is pretty harsh.

For those of you reading up on trying this out.. Do not be thrown off by the immediate burn and itching after application!! It goes away after a few minutes, I promise.

***I do use baking soda to exfoliate my skin every morning in the shower and sometimes at night too, if I had been wearing heavy makeup during the day. Exfoliating this much can make some peoples acne WORSE. In my case, my dermatologist recommended switching from a clean wash cloth with face cleanser to plain baking soda due to the amount of dead skin build up I was having. Exfoliating is key to helping acne and assists the lemon juice/honey mixture to get deep into your pores!

by JBURM on 05/02/2014 03:07
how much lemon juice?
Extremely effective when used properly!
Reviewed on January 28, 2014

This is where the saying a little goes a long way comes into play. Lemon juice has been the most beneficial method I've tried by FAR with my acne scarring, but you must use it with care. You do not need the whole or even half of the lemon for this routine! When I first started using lemon 2 years ago I made a big mistake by slapping too much of it on. This is extremely strong stuff, so we are only using a very small amount per use. Here's how I do it.

You will need:

A lemon

Saran wrap (for storing the lemon)

A Q-tip

Take your lemon and cut it in half. Now, take your Q-tip and just dip it into on of the lemons ridges. Don't be shy to get the end of the Q-tip fairly coated, this is where you can be generous with the amount of lemon you use. Now you can just dab the lemon onto all of your problem areas with ease.

The problem people make is they cover their whole face with lemon, when that's completely unnecessary. Not only are you going to be drying out your entire face, you are bleaching the whole thing too making the process of lightening your scars slower. You must also be sure that the marks you are treating are not ACTIVE. Active acne is not something you wanna put lemon on, at least from my experience. You should only be putting the lemon on the marks that are completely healed.

Tips:

I find exfoliating before doing this to be helpful.

Burning is to be expected, though the burning should be reduced since you are only applying it with the Q-tip.

The duration of time you leave this treatment on is up to you, personally I go to sleep with it on and find that works very well.

I use olive oil for any dry skin after this treatment, and it works wonders. It does not break me out in the slightest.

It's also important to note that I have very sensitive skin, and this routine does not cause redness nor break me out! Irritation during the lemon is normal if you are just starting to use it, but redness in your face will not last after you wash it off. My marks are about 60% gone after 2 months of using it about three times a week. Obviously this isn't going to be an absolute miracle worker but I'm very pleased with the results and as we all know it's a long and emotional journey to having clear skin! Good luck everyone!

Not good for sensitive skin
Reviewed on January 17, 2014

I have relatively sensitive skin ( its not super super sensitive) a lot of products make my skin worse because they are just too harsh. I tried applying lemon juice on my skin, it would burn and my skin would be really red but i stuck with it. By the way I only applied at night as lemon juice can have a bad reaction in the sun. My face was itchy and sore during the time i used it and i noticed little whiteheads appearing. I thought it might just be the bad stuff coming to the surface but i didn't go away. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I suggest drinking it instead in warm water THAT does wonders! Also i suggest really looking into skin ph balance, i didn't balance my skin when using lemon juice ( lemon juice is really acidic and I just used it by itself) that might be why it didn't work for me ?

Worst. thing. ever.
Reviewed on January 6, 2014

The acid made me break out like crazy. I over used the product as well, I guess if you take very little lemon it might work, but for me it damaged my skin severely and I still have some marks left. It left a stinging sensation which I thought was a good sign at first, but it turned out to be a bad sign. Don't use harsh products on your skin, it damages more than it helps.

worried
Reviewed on January 6, 2014

i ve been using lemon juice on my face for about a week and then i stoped because i heard this can make my skin sensitive to sun too much. i havent seen any improvments yet but it takes more to see

good for red marks, but BE CAREFUL
Reviewed on January 3, 2014

This is the best method to fade red marks, but be careful or you could possibly make acne worse!

Make sure you don't have ANY open wounds, scabs, or dry patches. Only use it if the lesion has healed and there is no residual pain. Don't leave it on for more than a few hours at a time, and don't use it every day. If it starts to sting TOO much, take it off and try again another day. If you're careful, this can really help with red marks.

I've left it on for 2-3 hours, 4x/week, and saw results in 2 weeks.

Lemon Juice
Reviewed on December 4, 2013

This product (in combination with drinking lemon juice) has really helped with my acne. I know that it does not work for everyone but if you are like me (a teenager who had acne that was first very light just on the forehead and then increased in severity over time) then definitely give this a go. I apply the lemon juice straight to the affected areas at night and leave it on over night and i ask drink a cup of water with about a tablespoon of lemon juice in it. If you have sensitive skin maybe dilute the lemon juice you put on your face or do not leave it on for so long. Hope this helped

WOW.
Reviewed on November 20, 2013

i had hyperpigmentation from acne, in 2 weeks, this stuff cleared 80%. i cannot believe the results!