Page 2 of Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.4/5 - 804 reviews

Worst. thing. ever.
Reviewed on January 6, 2014

The acid made me break out like crazy. I over used the product as well, I guess if you take very little lemon it might work, but for me it damaged my skin severely and I still have some marks left. It left a stinging sensation which I thought was a good sign at first, but it turned out to be a bad sign. Don't use harsh products on your skin, it damages more than it helps.

worried
Reviewed on January 6, 2014

i ve been using lemon juice on my face for about a week and then i stoped because i heard this can make my skin sensitive to sun too much. i havent seen any improvments yet but it takes more to see

good for red marks, but BE CAREFUL
Reviewed on January 3, 2014

This is the best method to fade red marks, but be careful or you could possibly make acne worse!

Make sure you don't have ANY open wounds, scabs, or dry patches. Only use it if the lesion has healed and there is no residual pain. Don't leave it on for more than a few hours at a time, and don't use it every day. If it starts to sting TOO much, take it off and try again another day. If you're careful, this can really help with red marks.

I've left it on for 2-3 hours, 4x/week, and saw results in 2 weeks.

Lemon Juice
Reviewed on December 4, 2013

This product (in combination with drinking lemon juice) has really helped with my acne. I know that it does not work for everyone but if you are like me (a teenager who had acne that was first very light just on the forehead and then increased in severity over time) then definitely give this a go. I apply the lemon juice straight to the affected areas at night and leave it on over night and i ask drink a cup of water with about a tablespoon of lemon juice in it. If you have sensitive skin maybe dilute the lemon juice you put on your face or do not leave it on for so long. Hope this helped

WOW.
Reviewed on November 20, 2013

i had hyperpigmentation from acne, in 2 weeks, this stuff cleared 80%. i cannot believe the results!

Amazing so far.
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I've started applying lemon juice on mostly my forehead to get rid of those stupid whiteheads since Monday every night before i go to sleep. All I can say is that it's kind of improving it. I know nothing can't happen right away so I'm going to give it two weeks to see if it'll really work. I also started to drink warm water with freshly squeezed lemon once a day too. Hopefully this helps with the whiteheads I have on my forehead!

Miracle Cure.
Reviewed on September 22, 2013

I have been on Accutane which cleared me completely, but then after they came back I tried everything (like before) to no avail.

Although, during the summer, 2 weeks before sixth form, with a face full of red acne, I started to use lemon as often as I could (usually all day - apart from if I was going out).

2 weeks later, when I went back to school I was acne free. I still use it now and completely love it! I also drink water and lemon as often as I can.

Also, if you buy a lemon and only use a slice a day, it'll last ages!

Try it, but give it a little time!

Helps with inflammation but do not use every day
Reviewed on September 6, 2013

If used only a couple of times a week, it can help with inflammation and skin tone. But I used to use it every day and eventually it aggravated my acne, so now I only use it when I have infected acne or lots of hyperpigmentation. Make sure you buy the 100% lemon juice type, and dilute it with water if it's too strong for you.

Lemon juice
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

Firstly just a bit of background history on my acne. I am 21 years old and never had acne until I was about 19. I have no idea why I started getting it, could be stress , but all I know is it has really started to seriously affect my life! My confidence has completely gone and Im nearly always in a bad mood because I feel so ugly! It has affected many aspects of my life. ANYWAY! I've tried all topical creams possible. I guess we can all agree that they help to calm things down but of course don't completely get rid of acne. I read on here that lemon juice helps so I have it a go. I was really pleased! The first time I put it on, I noticed my skin inflamattion and redness had reduced a lot within half an hour. I rub the lemon directly onto my face, it is quite drying but I guess I'd rather dry skin than oily pimples. I also started to add a cup of fresh lemon juice to 1.25 litre water bottle , but I don't think I did it enough times to notice a change.. It's hard to drink but I really believe cleansing from the inside with Lemon juice would be greatly beneficial too. I rub my face with lemon once every two days and I really believe it helps. I've also started to take bio zinc 3x25mg a day) hopefully ill notice a difference with that too. I also started taking birth control pill yaz about 2 and a half months ago, I am still waiting to see results from that.

works over night!
Reviewed on July 18, 2013

it works immediately and heals over night. the stinging is a little irritating but overall its worth the temporary pain.