Page 2 of Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.4/5 - 817 reviews

Works
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

It works but it burns a little. Make sure to put it only in the night.

It WORKS!!!!
Reviewed on May 4, 2014

I was using lemon this afternoon!!! I only apply it 20 minutes, (it burns a little bit) when I washed off with ice, the scars on my face just starting to disappear from my face! it's amazing!!! if you haven't try this, give it a shot!!!

Lemon juice
Reviewed on April 11, 2014

I started suffering with acne a year ago I'm 24 and in highschool or as a teen I never really suffered from major acne . I have red marks on my cheeks and when I breakout it's on my chin which indicates that it is hormonal . I've tried everything you can imagine , from seeing a dermatologist , antibiotics , Epiduo which was $200 a tube , proactiv and drugstore over the counter products . NOTHING SEEMS YO WORK FOR ME. I decide today after researching to try lemons because it's a natural remedy , well as soon as I put it on an hour later my husband shockingly noticed a difference and told me and that's not like him because he believes everything is a myth or a scam . I'm so excited and will keep ur posted a week from now . :)

by jeilovesdee on 07/01/2014 02:11
How is ur acne now? I also have acne on my chin and im looking forward to using lemon juice, but i wanna know if it worked great for u til now. Thanks
Working!
Reviewed on March 27, 2014

I've been using lemon juice on my face 3 times everyday for the past 2 or 3 weeks and I've seen a difference! My dark marks are fading! When doing this treatment I find it helpful to not wash the lemon off after the third application ( which should be right before you go to bed.) If you want to try this I recommend taking pictures after each week to compare results. Good Luck!

by JBURM on 05/02/2014 03:08
How do you apply it?
by toxicblondy on 05/04/2014 21:37
If it works why did you give it only 2 stars haha
Very happy
Reviewed on March 8, 2014

I am currently supposed to be on epiduo but it's only making my acne worse so I quit using it and decided to give lemon juice a try. I noticed that my skin was much smoother after one use. The redness went away and the bumps went down after the first use. If I stick with this it will probably clear my skin in a month.

Perfect!
Reviewed on March 7, 2014

Tonight was my first time using lemon juice for my acne scars, and I must say I'm already impressed! I have very tricky skin (Combination & sensitive), so finding a product that won't irritate my skin can be pretty expensive; I'd have to buy many to find one that works for me. So I decided to try something cheap AND natural, and I'm almost positive lemon juice will do the trick. First, I exfoliated with Biorè Charcoal Deep Cleaning Exfoliant (also recommended, it made my skin feel SO amazing!). Afterwards, I applied the juice to my scars and left it sitting there for about twenty minutes or so. Finally, I took a washcloth and wiped off the dried juice with cool water. I did this about two hours ago, and I've already seen a difference with some of my scars! I can't wait to see what they'll look like in a few weeks! :)

by Julian1 on 06/15/2014 20:43
Hi! How is it now? Did it help a lot to you scars?
Doesn't help
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

I have very grease acne prone skin and I used lemon juice over night it did not help at all.

You will be amazed, miracle!
Reviewed on February 28, 2014

A week ago my face was terrible because I tried to clean my face with hands, taking acnes, blackheads off.. I did some research and found something interesting. Lemon juice mixed with honey , olive oil and cinnamon. The guy who told me that said to let it 2 mins. Its so short time but if u let it longer it's hard to wash it off your face. You need to wash your face with lukewarm water before and after. You should put in the mixture at least 1tbs of each. I usually put 2tbs of lemon juice because I have oily skin. If you have dry skin put more honey. I use this every morning and before sleep. I'm amazed.. You will see the redness on your face will start to fade off. I couldn't believe how quickly it worked. For 1-2 weeks your face will be clean. You can use it everyday except if you notice someting unusual, which I don't believe. I was sceptical , but try it and you will see. You can't be in minus!

Amazing and Simple
Reviewed on February 14, 2014

My skin is very pale so you can see redness very easily. I came across an oatmeal mask recipe that had lemon juice and tomato juice as ingredients. While the mask was amazing, it did take a long time to make, so I figured I'd use the ingredients individually. The lemon juice fades redness really well and shrinks pimples also. It can be harsh, especially for sensitive skin, so you can try diluting it with water or use a smaller amount. What I do is I cut a slice off, and dab my finger to get the juice, then dab it where I need it. It does tend to sting a bit too, and I would use a moisturizer as well.

It works!!!
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

I started struggling with acne at age 20, which was really difficult to deal with after having great skin prior. I would get the typical hormonal breakout and then pick at my face creating horrendous scars. When my husband and I were trying to conceive with my first child, I was put on a progesterone that made my face breakout worse than ever before. I started researching holistic methods of helping acne and came across lemon juice application. It has hands down changed the way I approach skin care. I was sold into pretty much every acne skin care line and prescription available, all of which didn't work and irritated my skin more. Now pregnant with my second child, I started breaking out terribly. I restarted my skin routine of applying a mixture of fresh lemon juice with two drops of honey and less than a week later my face was clear and fresh marks were fading. I choose to add the honey for its natural antibacterial qualities and it helps to moisturize my skin because the lemon is pretty harsh.

For those of you reading up on trying this out.. Do not be thrown off by the immediate burn and itching after application!! It goes away after a few minutes, I promise.

***I do use baking soda to exfoliate my skin every morning in the shower and sometimes at night too, if I had been wearing heavy makeup during the day. Exfoliating this much can make some peoples acne WORSE. In my case, my dermatologist recommended switching from a clean wash cloth with face cleanser to plain baking soda due to the amount of dead skin build up I was having. Exfoliating is key to helping acne and assists the lemon juice/honey mixture to get deep into your pores!

by JBURM on 05/02/2014 03:07