Lavender Oil reviews

NOW Essential Oils Lavender 100% Pure Oil, 1 oz
updated: 12/18/2014 09:56 UTC

Please avoid
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

Lavender oil is cytotoxic, capable of killing skin cells, and like most other essential oils, it can cause rashes and photosensitivity even in very small amounts.

WORTH A TRY
Reviewed on August 24, 2014

I wasn't sure about this, it seemed a very outdated ideology - I read somewhere that its name is derived from the latin word 'lavare' meaning 'to wash'.

When I tried it I didn't see much difference but at least it made my face feel nice n' clean, not to mention it SMELLS AMAZING

I will always love lavender <3 XX

Works well but does more damage than good
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

I personally loved lavender oil when I used it and in combination with tea tree oil (mixed and applied neat beneath moisturiser) it really does clear up acne like benzoyl peroxide with less irritation, however lavender oil is extremely damaging to skin cells and does more damage than good :( Just use it to put me to sleep now haha.

Reviewed on May 4, 2013

IT WORKS!

I have read many reviews of many products over the years and I have to say I have tried pretty much all of them. Accutane, several antibiotics, gels, ointment of all sorts and nothing seemed to work.

So after trying lemon, apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil which helped but not completely I decided to try Lavender Oil.

The results were amazing! My skin got clearer in a week! I use it twice a day every morning and at night before I sleep. I boil some water and I make a toner using about 10 drops in 100 ml. I have some breakouts, especially while on PMS but nothing like before, they go away very fast. Also my skin has a glow and it looks younger, I have no wrinkles yet but it has erased all the expression lines on my forehead.

People noticed and told me I look so radiant! It doesn't sting and it helps you relax as well. I sleep better now!

The only drawbacks are that it is not as effective on my back as on the face but it made back acne better too. And it does not help with the cysts but for that I use a 2,5% benzoyl peroxide gel whenever there is one instead of using it all over my face 4-5 times a week.

It is a little expensive because it is organic (14-15 Euros a bottle, 10 ml) but it lasts at least two months. .

by Simba86 on 05/06/2014 22:28
I couldn't agree more! I use the water/oil mixture as a toner before bed. It really makes my skin radiant..I just love it! Take care :)
Reviewed on March 30, 2013

I put 2 drops if lavender oil in my moisturizer at night and noticed a difference in the redness of my pimples. Other than that it didn't do much else. Still a very good product though.

Reviewed on November 12, 2012

I use lavender oil every day. Especially after the shower or after I finish the last step of my my regimen (moisturizing) to help the redness... It's also a moisturizer which is great, and if you happen to pick (I try so hard not to but sometimes I cave! D:) if you put it on immediately it really helps speed up the healing...

This won't help prevent you from breaking out, though. It will only help with dryness from your treatments and redness. I can't say it helps heal old red scars though, it only seems to help with inflamed pimples.

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I mix jojoba oil with Young Living brand lavender essential oil because they make quality medicinal grade oils. The extra expense is necessary if you want it to help. The good news for lavender is that it's one of those "when in doubt, use lavender" kind of things. That's why I call it a renaissance oil. I use it when I can't fall asleep, if I get a headache, on bug bites, or if I'm just in a bad mood.

It's noticeably soothing and it helps with any redness. It's helped with the scarring as well. It works really well with cystic acne. I'll dab it on individual breakouts full strength if they need the extra treatment. Sometimes I'll mix it with rose oil because that is a super oil for the skin, but it's extremely expensive so I don't use it as often.

If you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin.

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

Wash ur face gently, wait 5 mins to dry, put 2 drops of lav oil on cotton wool ball, gently wipe over each blemish once CLEAR SKIN CAN BE YOURS!!! I'm sooo happy

Reviewed on April 11, 2012

I have been struggling with acne since I was 11, and I am 17 now. I have tried almost everything in drugstores, and also have been put on some medications. My doctor didn't help much, he just wanted to put me on medications. I started my research on acne, realized I had a whey allergy (which made my skin moderately severe to severe) and I cut that out of my diet. But I still had that stubern moderate acne on my forehead. I stopped using the harsh chemicals on my face, and started using more natural products. I came across lavender oil in my cabinet, and realized when I used to get sunburns, I would put some drops of it in water and spray on my face. It would clear up my acne, and sunburn. I started putting about 20 drops in a 2 ounce bottle, and would spray it on my face while I was watching TV or on the computer. I have been doing this for about 3-4 weeks and have seen a huge improvement in my skin! My skin is about 85%-90% clear, I just get some blackheads and some hormonal acne (around ovulation time and right before my period). I hope now that I can find a cure for my light hormonal acne, then my skin will be 100% clear! =D

Reviewed on March 23, 2012

I usually use diluted tea tree oil on my face and I found some lavender oil around the house and decided to dab a few drops into my lil bottle. I will wait to see if I see any results from using this, but I have broken out pretty bad this week (premenstrual hormones). Ive heard good things about Lavender, so try it out if you got nothing else to lose. I just personally really dislike the smell. I always have since I was a little girl. Yuckyy lol