Lactic Acid Peel

Average price: $30.18

Most helpful review

By luisa, toronto, ontario on 04/23/2012
thumbnail

I've been through everything...home treatments like tea/honey/lemon juice to expensive serums and even v-beam. But nothing has been as effective on stubborn red marks than my 50% lactic acid peel. It does take a while, but you'll notice a satisfying improvement after a month. Your skin even glows a little bit. They advise you to use this once a week....but I use it every other day :D It was working for me until i left it on for over 10 minutes (bad) and i burnt my skin off, leaving it red and flaky and scaly for over a week. I use this as a spot treatments on red marks that i've had for over 2 years. (sad sad life hahahahaha) I don't recommend using it on open skin (it'll bleed instantly) or even on current acne. Just red marks/scars. Good luck on your journeys!.

Pros:
  • fades red marks
Cons:
  • burns, stings, can be irritating, not effective on current acne

86 out of 120 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I will post after a few treatments again.

Pros

• Expensive for such a small bottle. Found on [link removed], they have great stuff. Receiving mine tomorrow! I will let everyone know the results. Its a 60% Lactic acid peel! so it should be quite harsh but hopefully peels everything off.

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a day or two
  • $ 48
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've had a lactic acid peel every month for the last 6 months and it's greatly reduced my inflammations. I have moderate acne and lactic acid will dry up the areas that tend to keep breaking out and feeding each other with infection from the previous one. The peel breaks the cycle for me and gives me a chance to heal up instead of the monotony of having pizza face 24-7. You can use Kinerase's lactic acid peels at home and they rock too. Let's face it, acne cost money no matter how you slice it.

Pros

• It's very healing. It helps bring breakouts under control.

Cons

• It costs money.
  • for a few months
  • $ 75
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've only had one peel so far (done by a professional) last week actually i don't have a major skin problem anymore i used to my face was almost cystic i was using dermalogica it's really good but now i'm using a product called ast (advanced skin technology) it's EXCELLENT!!! YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T HEARD OF IT BEFORE AS IT'S A MEDICAL CLEANSER BUT YOU DON'T NEED A PRESCRIPTION TO GET YOUR HANDS ON IT IT'S ONLY SOLD IN THE BESTEST BEAUTY CLINICS BUT IF YOU HAPPEN TO COME ACROSS IT I DEFINITLY RECOMMEND IT. IT'S THE BEAUTY INDUSTRIES BEST KEEP SECRET WHEN YOU GO TO A CLINIC TO GET A PEEL DONE 99% OF THE TIME THE PEEL YOU GET DONE IS MADE BY AST. THE CLEANSER HAS ACTIVE LACTIC ACID IN IT ALYHOUGH IT'S NOT DRYING AT ALL ALTHOUGH YOU MUST WEAR SUNSCREEN IF YOU USE IT IT ALSO HAS LICQUORICE EXTRACT IN IT GREEN TEA EXTRACT LOADS OF GOOD THINGS YOUR SKIN NEEDS THE ONLY CON IS IT'S A BIT EXPENSIVE BUT IT'S WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

Pros

• Very effective, smoothed skin texture and tone.

Cons

• Face was red for about half an hour but that was it, no breakouts after treatment.
  • for a day or two
  • $ 67
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have EXTREMELY oily skin (can almost feel it trickle down my skin), blackheads, whiteheads, moderate acne with about 3-4 new cystic bumbs a day, but after just about a week of using Lac-Hydrin lotion (@ 5%, they do ,make a 12% under a slightly diff. name but my dermatologist said it is not recommended for the face) as my twice daily moisturizer, followed by a light application of Retin-A micro at night and Clindacin lotion to active breakouts in the AM, I have watched my pores literally shrink to nearly invisible, have had NOT ONE new cystic bump, and only 4-5 new "tiny" bumps (but over already active areas) appear.

This stuff has been an absolute miracle for me. The worst part about acne is the literal pain of the pressure inside of the lesions and it is so great to finally not be in pain. An approximately 8 ounce or so bottle of this stuff was about $14.

This is long term adult acne, previously controlled (bcp) but extreme flare-ups after discontinued.

Pros

• Lac-Hydrin Lotion (5% lactic acid) is THE best thing that I have found yet!

Cons

• mild stinging for 5-10 minutes after application
  • for about a week
  • $ 14.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have tried everything and lactic acid at home is the only thing that controls my cystic acne. I now have mild superficial acne, but as we know that is NOTHING compared to cystic. I would give this a try, you can buy it online. Don't need a neutralizer, just rinse and then use baking soda to neutralize. I have adult acne for reference.

Pros

• I use a 30% lactic peel once a week. Leaves my skin smoother and controls breakouts.

Cons

• An inital flare of mild acne after the peel.
  • for a few months
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Awesome, has faded my redmarks dramatically and will continue to use even after redmarks are completly gone.

Pros

• Cheap and very effective

Cons

• Makes skin red for a little while
  • for a few months
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.