Lactic Acid Peel

Average price: $30.18

Most helpful review

By luisa, toronto, ontario on 04/23/2012
thumbnail

I've been through everything...home treatments like tea/honey/lemon juice to expensive serums and even v-beam. But nothing has been as effective on stubborn red marks than my 50% lactic acid peel. It does take a while, but you'll notice a satisfying improvement after a month. Your skin even glows a little bit. They advise you to use this once a week....but I use it every other day :D It was working for me until i left it on for over 10 minutes (bad) and i burnt my skin off, leaving it red and flaky and scaly for over a week. I use this as a spot treatments on red marks that i've had for over 2 years. (sad sad life hahahahaha) I don't recommend using it on open skin (it'll bleed instantly) or even on current acne. Just red marks/scars. Good luck on your journeys!.

Pros:
  • fades red marks
Cons:
  • burns, stings, can be irritating, not effective on current acne

86 out of 120 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

Lactic acid is very effective at fading acne marks!

Pros

• I am using a cream with 10% lactic acid in conjuction with a tretinoin cream (0.05%) for two weeks and I have seen a great difference in my red marks and less acne forming!

Cons

• Sun sensitivity
  • very light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 30
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using the 40% for 2 weeks now and i am having less breakouts and my scars are all fading!

Pros

• Less acne, scars fading!

Cons

• stings just a little bit.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 60
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

since I'm pregnant I can no longer use my Retin-A which really sucks!! I have to be very cautious with the peels that I can use and how it may or may not affect the baby, says skin care experts. So at this time where my face is used to stronger peels I have been reduced to using the lactic acid peels from Makeup Artist along with the Vita C serum to tame my breakouts from hormones and to reduce past blemish scars, basically pick up where the Retin-A left off. It has been 2 weeks since I began and I have done 3 peels thus far. Retin-A is a big shoe to fill and the lactic acid is gonna take twice as long to get me the same results. I will stay optimistic and continue to use it throughout the duration of my pregnancy and breastfeeding since I have no other choice, but as soon as I'm done me and Retin-A have a heavy date lol

Pros

• it's mild, no burning, leaves skin super soft after application with a healthy glow

Cons

• If you skin is not used to stronger peels and products this will be a great starting point and may be all you need. It will take some time to work, for me it will take even longer.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 30
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i've been using the 40% ,after 2 weeks i noticed my face brighter and not red at all.my acne did improve, i noticed a different so thats a good thing...make up artists choice dot com...there products are good and the have sum good things on there.

if you have light acne these may be all you need right here "LACTIC ACID"..

Pros

• Doesnt dry ur skin out,no peelin,can be used with acne products "but not over doin it"

Cons

• Does Sting a little,it is Expensive for small bottles..
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 35
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've had adult acne since my middle 30's (i'm now in my 40's) and couldnt' afford spa treatments. did research, used according to directions (carefully) and not only does this help my acne, but also fine lines, sun discoloration and skin clarity.

I started with a 30% and now use a 55% peel.

Pros

• works right away. will not burn as badly as a higher % AHA or BHA. can be used more than once a week. Zaps zits fast.

Cons

• your skin will peel in some places and flake... so use jojoba oil and a gentle cleanser.
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I'm SOO happy I gave this a try. I was scared at first to apply 30% lactic acid on my face just because it sounds harsh! It does feel a bit uncomfortable when you apply it but its only for 6 minutes TOPS and once a week! The dry flakey skin was to be expected.

My secret method of both concealing the dry skin AND reducing acne scaring is a product by ambi called fade cream. Its at walmart and very affordable. Its intended for people with dark skin because they scar badly, but works for my light complexion just perfectly!

I saw fantastic results within 4 weeks of using the lactic acid peel! If your looking for where to purchase lactic acid, search ebay ;)

Pros

• Acne is 90% GONE~! Afforadable!

Cons

• Stings on application. Dries out the skin alot. (but can be managed with the right ointments!)
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Eat plenty of oranges, leafy veggies, and salmon before and after the peel. The skin will heal faster and you will get a better peel out of it. Also use a really good moisturizer. I'v been using a 70% lactic acid on small soft rolling scars and they are almost completely gone. A bad sunburn and peel would have gotten rid of them, but thanks to the acid I don't have to deal with hyperpigmentation.

Pros

• Affordable to have done at home. I Recommend starting of with 20-35% salicylic acid before, in order to wipe out the first layer of crap so the lactic can wipe out the stuff you want.

Cons

• Some redness after peel
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Lactic Acid is for Dry/Mature/Sensitive skin types. If you have oily skin and breakouts you NEED to be using a Salycilic Acid!

Pros

• .

Cons

• .
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Great way to refresh face and improve acne. As well as old acne scars.

Pros

• This has made a big difference in my skin. It is softer and smoother. Clearer and less acne!!! My scars and red marks have faded great.

Cons

• I can't say there is one. If you price compare you can get a good deal, just make sure to get at least 20% or higher for a good peel effect.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 34
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have very fair skin, and started getting fine lines at 17! I have always had freckles, and as I approached 30, I didn't like the way they made my skin look. My skin is dry, so I went for a 55% Lactic Acid Peel. The first time I used it, it got rid of the top layer of gunk on my skin, and my skin glowed! I also found little blackheads and large pores that I had never seen before. But as I kept using the peel (once a week), my pores tightened, and I have not had ONE pimple. I have noticed a slight improvement in my fine lines, but a noticeable improvement in the texture and look of my skin, even without makeup.

Pros

• Cost Effective
  • Great for dry skin

Cons

• Takes a long time to see any real results
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.