Lac-Hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion reviews

4.2/5 - 46 reviews

Water, Lactic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Squalane, Steareth 2, POE-21 Stearyl Ether, Propylene Glycol, Dioctanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Palmitate, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Diazolidinyl
Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

The Best Moisturizer
Reviewed on December 11, 2014

If you're not used to AHA it will sting and feel uncomfortable the first few times you use it, but I swear by this stuff now. It makes my face glow, gets rid of newly formed acne quickly, and actually makes my face feel moisturized. It does cause flaking if you're using it for the first time or haven't used it in a while, but I think it is well worth it.

Made me breakout! :(
Reviewed on November 10, 2013

I used this on my face and it made me break out horribly. SO disappointed with all the rave reviews. My skin was awful after using this.

Reviewed on August 23, 2012

DO NOT USE ON YOUR FACE.

I read all these amazing reviews and I do like it for areas of my body, but on my face and chest it made me breakout a lot. I thought maybe it was something else but then tried it again a few months later and again it made me breakout :(

Reviewed on August 15, 2011

I used it in accordance with the regimen.

It was very moisturizing and good.

Also it lasted for few months.

However, I don't use this anymore because i am not using BP and am trying other stuff.

Reviewed on April 13, 2011

This is a quality moisturizer. It will hydrate your skin, control flakes, and even help a bit with your acne. While it is thick, its still thinner than things such as Cetaphil. If you have tolerance for the stinging and can be smart with it, I recommend this 100%.

Reviewed on February 20, 2011

This is the first moisturizer I have used in the past 4 or 5 acne-ridden years of my life that I felt was actually making a noticeable difference. I have tried CeraVe, Complex 15, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, petroleum jelly, hyaluronic acid, etc. NOTHING has worked as well as Lac-Hydrin Five.

Which is not to say that it's a miracle worker. It does moisturize and heal skin, but the results are less than amazing. Nevertheless, it's still leagues ahead of CeraVe, my previous moisturizer of choice. And it doesn't seem to clog pores or cause breakouts (I think this is because the lactic acid has a light exfoliating effect).

As a side note, I also applied this to a patch of dried, cracked skin on the heel of my foot that had been causing pain for weeks. The pain went away after 2 days of use. Now THAT was amazing.

Reviewed on January 8, 2011

If you are like I was and couldn't find that perfect moisturizer, look no further!!!! I like to think of myself as the "universal acne sufferer". In other words, I have a textbook case of acne. I'm a teenager who has mild-moderate hormone-related acne and whose skin is moderately sensitive to acne fighters. I've gone through it all: BP, salicylic acid, Dan's AHA+, etc. All of it tore up my skin something fierce!!! However, I stumbled across this little miracle and needless to say, it's fantastic! As other reviews have noted, though, it can sting a little bit for a short time after the first handful of applications. To avoid this, I mixed a dime sized amount in with an equal amount of some leftover acne.org moisturizer (the last bottle of that crap I ever bought by the way) and it REALLY helped to ween my skin onto it. It was a little bit nostalgic of the first few weeks of being on the Regimen, lol. Anyway, after about a couple days of that, I upgraded to about a quarter sized amount and applied it the same way any acne sufferer should with anything (slowly and gently). It dries in about 10-15 min. About half the time it takes for the acne.org moisturizer. This is perfect because that is about how long it takes me to get to work/school. All in all, good choice on my part. I highly recommend this product with every fiber in my being. You should not pass this up!!!! Those negative reviews are from people who give up too quickly and are mad at themselves for not being disciplined enough to take care of their acne.

Reviewed on December 29, 2010

I had a particularly bad breakout in December after visiting Paris and having to weather the horrible climate. On my flight from NYC to LA they took away my Olay lotion due to the 3 ounces rule, so I was left with no lotion and horrible skin. I proceded to buy LacHydrin 5, and WOW! Although the BP and LacHydrin produce a significant amount of flaking (due to the AHA acting as an exfoliant?), I can say I have cleared up faster than ever before. My complexion looks much more even, my breakouts have been minimized, and my skin just looks healthier overall. I will definitely continue to use this product and can't wait to see how my skin will look when it's fully healed.

Reviewed on February 21, 2010

The brand I used is AmLactin which you can get at Walgreens.

I have severe dry skin with some eczema but AmLactin cured it well!

Expect your skin to sting and peel in the beginning. After a bit, your new skin will merge without the dryness and flakes!