La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 18 reviews

Brand: La Roche-Posay

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 8, Coco Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Zinc PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Parfum.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel, 6.76-Ounce Tube
updated: 11/23/2014 04:45 UTC
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel, 6.76 fl oz
updated: 11/23/2014 04:45 UTC

Goodbye oil
Reviewed on August 26, 2014

A little goes a long way, and boy does it make your skin feel pure and smooth. A sample of a product has never immediately impressed me so much. Use with the serum for hours of shine-free soft face.

Works for oily-skin mainly.
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I love this product, but can't use it anymore. ): My skin has turned really dry since it's winter, and using this is too much. I usually have to use cream cleansers and may try the cream version of this. This product really does work, but not for people with dry skin.

Highly Recommend! :)
Reviewed on August 24, 2013

I started using this cleanser after first going to an esthetician back in May. She was trying to sell me on the products that she sold through her business (as all professionals seem to), but I wasn't very willing to spend $50 on a cleanser that I had no previous experience with, Instead, I researched the products she recommended and set out on a mission to find a cheaper alternative! While shopping in CVS, I happened upon Effaclar. I quickly googled the product (thank goodness for IPhones) and read positive review after positive review! It actually contained less skin irritants than the ridiculously expensive products my esthetician was trying to sell me. Which is fantastic for my ridiculously sensitive skin. The pH balance is ideal (4.5) for a no nonsense cleanser. It doesn't have any harsh chemicals, it just removes my makeup nicely and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean! I would recommend this to anyone, for any skin type, no matter what products/medications that you are using on your face. It isn't harsh, but it's also not gentle to the point where you get no benefits from the product. Two thumbs up!

nothing special and not actually for sensitive skin
Reviewed on August 15, 2013

this soap didnĀ“t really do anything special for my skin, it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and it is suposed to be for sensitive skin....at first my face did not react well, afther a while it got used to it. However it is good to remove make up

Reviewed on March 20, 2013

I have been using Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel twice a day for about a year now. I am 35 and have an oily acne prone skin. My skin gets easily irritated with harsh products resulting in deep red pimples under the skin surface. Although this cleanser seemed to have made wonders within the first months, my skin is now starting to react to it and I can tell it is irritated. After many researches, I found out that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a huge no-no ingredient for acne prone skin. I would advise to stay away from using any products containing SLS. I switched to Avene Cleanance Gel and it is fabulous.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

I use this twice a day once in the morning and once before I go to bed. In the boring I wash my face, put on Effaclar Duo acne treatment, apply a moisturizer (cetaphil for me) then I do my makeup.

At night I wash my face with this and the apply Effaclar Duo.

This product has gotten rid of most of my acne its just the red marks that remain, and those are the frustrating ones! Give it a try see how you like it :)

Reviewed on April 5, 2012

This is simply the best product out there non-prescription. I wash my face twice a day with this stuff and use effalcar K (salycillic acid) for spot treatment and my acne seriously has vanished after about 3 weeks of use and I mean I had terrible cystic acne like mountains of it I couldnt see my real skin and this stuff just went to work on it and cleared me. Dont overuse it because of course that would cause drying and bad skin..just use it once in the morning and right before you go to bed. use effaclar k for spot treatment once every 3 hours of so...expensive but worth it

Reviewed on September 23, 2011

This has been my daily cleanser for a few weeks now and I'm very pleased with it. I use it twice a day and it removes all my makeup in the evening easily too.

It is a very simple product with the bare minimum of ingredients which is something that I like about it. It doesn't have a fancy color or anything it is just a clear gel that makes a lovely foam on your face.

I had no increase in acne when I started to use it and there was no adjustment period, my skin didn't react badly at all.

I use this along with Effaclar Duo the treatment gel and it has worked brilliantly. I wouldn't say that the cleanser would be able to clear up a serious breakout on it's own but it definitely helps and doesn't add any extra harshness to a routine when using other products.

Great product :)

Reviewed on September 1, 2011

It regulates skin and makes your skin feel clean and fresh. Worth giving a try if your acne has never fully cleared with a cleanser.

Reviewed on May 12, 2011

I feel like you can tell a lot about a cleanser based on how your skin feels just after washing. For that reason I give effaclar 4/5, it seems to balance my skin's moisture and gives me a really smooth base to apply moisturizer and makeup.

However, as my acne continues to come and go, I've been doing some research on products and found that effaclar contains sodium laureth sulfate which, according to the acne.org regimen is a huge no-no....so now I'm not sure what to believe. I would say give this product a go, because everyone is different and so is our skin.

I suspect that my acne is persisting because of the topical cream I'm using, I feel like the cleanser is doing its job. Give it a go, especially if you wear make-up every day.