La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel reviews

3.8/5 - 22 reviews

Brand: La Roche-Posay

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 8, Coco Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Zinc PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Parfum.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel, 6.76-Ounce Tube
updated: 11/29/2015 20:40 UTC
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel, 6.76 fl oz
updated: 11/29/2015 20:40 UTC
- is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Very drying
Reviewed on September 19, 2015

For me it was really over drying and has caused extreme flaking

I usually use rodan and fields but ran out

This feels nice and And Much cheaper than r&f but for me left my sky dry and sore

On the plus side I've had no break outs while I wait for my other products to come but it's a shame the dryness has been so bad

It's def worth a try though depending on your skin I can see how it may feel nice for some

it's Great !
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

just withing 2 weeks of use (2 times a day and differin 0.1% before sleep +tetralysal 300mg everyday) my face started to get smooth and clear of bumps but red marks are still there.. but they started to fade with each 4 days.. eventually they will be completely gone in about 6 months or less.

Absolute Miracle!!!! (Quick & 100% effective)
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

I used he acne treatment system- cleanser,toner and moistener. I have struggled with severe acne my entire life- at the point i started using this treatment I was still consistently getting 6-7 breakouts on my face- within 3 days all breakouts were healing and no more were arising on my face- I have been using this product for a wk and a half- I have NO breakouts, all hormonal pimples under my jaw have healed, every pimple on my face has healed! I had significant redness and bumpy scarring on my cheeks, which has healed 95%! i have maybe 2cm of slight redness left! i thought i would have to live with the scarring forever, as i have tried every scar treatment under the sun, but these products have cleared it! I didn't even know that what they did! I have blackheads all over my nose and spreading out slightly on the cheek area- the unclogging moisturizer has reduced my pore size (1wk in i did extractions on nose) the blackheads on cheeks are almost as small as normal pores now/80% cleared. Searching my whole life and finally i can walk around with clear skin!!!!!!!!! please note- my severe acne I treated with the dermalogica range- reduced from entire face of breakouts- large pimples with small pimples in between- to 5- 7 consistent breakouts.

Bad product
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

This product sucks....caused super redness on my skin with bad irritation n itchiness n lots of pimples ...finally after one weak of torture I stopped it using n my face had to go thorough all that trouble took huge time for my face to go back to normal ....definately not for indian skin ....๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž i would go for minus rating for this f**king product ....the other la roche tolerine gel is good ...

by silverstyles on 04/29/2015 19:46
Even the la roche posay the lipcare product is useless instead the i prefer using the normal Rs.5 Vaseline which last longer n easy ...n cheap ...n yes I forgot that pathetic la roche posay that thermal water spray product also useless ..not at all helpful for skin ...
Goodbye oil
Reviewed on August 26, 2014

A little goes a long way, and boy does it make your skin feel pure and smooth. A sample of a product has never immediately impressed me so much. Use with the serum for hours of shine-free soft face.

Works for oily-skin mainly.
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I love this product, but can't use it anymore. ): My skin has turned really dry since it's winter, and using this is too much. I usually have to use cream cleansers and may try the cream version of this. This product really does work, but not for people with dry skin.

Highly Recommend! :)
Reviewed on August 24, 2013

I started using this cleanser after first going to an esthetician back in May. She was trying to sell me on the products that she sold through her business (as all professionals seem to), but I wasn't very willing to spend $50 on a cleanser that I had no previous experience with, Instead, I researched the products she recommended and set out on a mission to find a cheaper alternative! While shopping in CVS, I happened upon Effaclar. I quickly googled the product (thank goodness for IPhones) and read positive review after positive review! It actually contained less skin irritants than the ridiculously expensive products my esthetician was trying to sell me. Which is fantastic for my ridiculously sensitive skin. The pH balance is ideal (4.5) for a no nonsense cleanser. It doesn't have any harsh chemicals, it just removes my makeup nicely and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean! I would recommend this to anyone, for any skin type, no matter what products/medications that you are using on your face. It isn't harsh, but it's also not gentle to the point where you get no benefits from the product. Two thumbs up!

nothing special and not actually for sensitive skin
Reviewed on August 15, 2013

this soap didnยดt really do anything special for my skin, it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and it is suposed to be for sensitive first my face did not react well, afther a while it got used to it. However it is good to remove make up

Reviewed on March 20, 2013

I have been using Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel twice a day for about a year now. I am 35 and have an oily acne prone skin. My skin gets easily irritated with harsh products resulting in deep red pimples under the skin surface. Although this cleanser seemed to have made wonders within the first months, my skin is now starting to react to it and I can tell it is irritated. After many researches, I found out that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a huge no-no ingredient for acne prone skin. I would advise to stay away from using any products containing SLS. I switched to Avene Cleanance Gel and it is fabulous.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

I use this twice a day once in the morning and once before I go to bed. In the boring I wash my face, put on Effaclar Duo acne treatment, apply a moisturizer (cetaphil for me) then I do my makeup.

At night I wash my face with this and the apply Effaclar Duo.

This product has gotten rid of most of my acne its just the red marks that remain, and those are the frustrating ones! Give it a try see how you like it :)