La Roche-Posay Effaclar K reviews

3.6/5 - 42 reviews

Brand: La Roche-Posay

Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Taurate, Octyldodecanol, Zinc PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Retinyl Linoleate, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Fragrance.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar K

La Roche-Posay Effaclar K Daily Renovating Anti-Relapse Acne Treatment, 1.01 Fluid Ounce
updated: 06/07/2017 12:25 UTC

3 Stars
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

This worked quite well for me when I was 18/19. But I think it works better for teenage acne than adult acne. Eventually it just stopped being effective. It also dried my skin out quite a bit, and when skin gets dry, it moisturizes itself by creating oil...which of course gives you acne. I was happy with this product for a while though. It didn't work wonders or anything but it did a good enough job.

unfortunately does not help
Reviewed on November 26, 2015

I got this transcribed by my former dermatologist, and I really didn't saw any progress. When I read so many good reviews than I only can think about (once again confirms the fact) t we are all different. The same product unfortunately doesn't help to everyone.

Best Decision of My Life!
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

I used the Acne clearing system, cleanser, toner and moisturizer- a wk and a half in, I have no breakouts! all old pimples are healed. Blackheads reduced in size significantly to almost normal pores. I had bad scarring on cheeks- red 3inchs, bumpy and darker shades from more recent breakouts- cleared scarring! left with 2cm of slight redness- in 1 1/2 wks! ive seen other people had redness etc- but as I had severe acne I was already using a harsher product (dermalogica- which reduced my entire face of pimples to 5-7 consistently). this product had a great PH 5.5, left my skin feeling moisturized, while you can still notice the drying effect for acne- skin felt fresh, soft and amazing!

Works great for me
Reviewed on January 16, 2015

I was honestly shocked to see negative reviews of this product...I first found it in a pharmacy while I was studying abroad in France ($32 is a total rip-off by the way, it's so cheap there), and it's been one of the only products that consistently helps my skin. I have combination/oily skin, and so I'm prone to blackheads and whiteheads and the occasional hormonal breakout, but I've found that this stuff does a great job of soaking up the excess oil and keeping my skin clear. If your skin is dry it would probably be too harsh, but if you're like me and you need a little less oil in your life, it's great!

by Monster04 on 04/03/2015 20:31
Yeah, Here in France is cheap. And even is not consider as "luxury" product, I found it in any supermarket for around 8 euros. I'm also just studying here for this year.So by sure i will buy a pair of this when i will have to returning at home.
by Unicorn lover on 07/15/2017 02:44
The only product on the market that I have tried to rid of my adult acne.
Chelsea, CA
Reviewed on January 31, 2013

I was desperate for a product to clear my acne so I bought this and it was the worst mistake I've made in a while. Not only did my skin turn bright red, it also peeled like crazy. My skin would sting when I touched it. I couldn't even apply make up. This product also caused my skin to break out all over my face. My face is now covered with painful pimples and I can't even recognize myself. My skin is the absolute worst it has ever been. I never thought it would get this bad. Now I need to go to the doctor and get a prescribed acne medication to clear up my skin. Please don't buy this product!

by MikaV on 09/17/2016 03:59
Same thing happened to me. My acne went from moderate to absolutely horrendous. I saw improvement for the first 2 weeks of using it. However, it all went downhill from there. A full blown breakout all over my face. I ended up being on Accutane 80 mg daily for the next 5 months.
Reviewed on October 4, 2012

so, I went to the shop with my mum to get some acne treatment when I became aware of my growing acne. I noticed this product and thought I'd give it a go cause it was expensive so it must work! NO. well, that night I put some on and it felt like rubbing velvet in to my skin! it felt so good and I didn't experience any stinging sensation or drying. I kept at it for a while and by the second week I had like 1cm flakes of skin coming off my face! it was sooo embarrassing!!! it also made my face really red after about three hours of application. it was really random and I was at school which was so humiliating! so, I lowered the amount I was putting on my face and my skin still remained burned and red and flakey. I stopped using it immediately! but it took me about three weeks for my skin to get back to normal:( DON'T USE IT ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN

by Jinane93 on 08/25/2014 05:17
well, it IS for oily skin...
Reviewed on April 19, 2012

For me this product was too irritating... red marks left by old acne are much more pronounced now, and they will take forever to fade to what they were before effaclar k :P and it also made my face look like an oil slick whenever I tried to put on makeup, haha.

However, I obviously don't want to let the whole 32 dollars go to waste, so I still use this product, but now mix it with 100% aloe vera gel. (I use a combination of half effaclar k and half aloe vera gel on my skin morning and night) The oily appearance issue is solved and it is a good 60-70% less irritating to my skin! plus now it works as a great primer(:

so for me this effaclar k didn't work. But I still think it would be worth trying -- it has great potential. i recommend at least getting a sample and testing it out(:

Dan, California
Reviewed on October 22, 2011

I reccomend this product, because it's clearing my skin up. It's the only thing that has worked for me. I wash my face with a cetaphil cleanser bar, and then apply effaclar k. The product is the best!

Mirjam, Netherlands
Reviewed on September 22, 2011

I'm 33, and struggled with acne untill I was 30. I love the Effaclar K products for my skin which is not only vulnerable for acne, but is getting a bit older too ;)

For me it turned out it was food that was my worst enemy!!

I got that tested at a acne clinic (paid by insurance!) , and stopped eating the things that the test told me to.

It worked within weeks end within months my acne reduced to 25% of what it used to be! After a few sessions at the clinic and still watching my diet, and changing my makeup (only mineral make-up for me!!) and good skincare products, it has now reduced to <5%.

I have some breakouts now and then, becouse I didn't take care of my skin properly (foods, make up, cleaning, etc) but it doesn't get as bad as it used to get

Tara, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed on August 17, 2011

I have struggled with troublesome acne all over my forehead and now T-zone tfor 8 years, since having my children. I've tried lots of things with no results, and was ready to head to a dermatologist. This is the first thing that has made a noticeable difference. I tried out a combo sample pack of the Effeclar K and facewash about 3 weeks ago. Although I found it burned my skin (left it peeling and rough in places) my acne is significantly better! I haven't worn concealer in 2 1/2 weeks. I just bought a moisturizer from the line and an exfoliant that I hope will fix the rough areas. You should definitly try this product!! Go easy at first, and don't use any too close to your nostrils.