Overall rating: 4.3 / 5

Average price: $15.57

Brand: KAVI

Most helpful review

By Parker D, Santa Barbara, CA on 05/26/2012

Extremely oily skin, shine by 11am. With this bar, I'm oil free till about 2pm. With a wash after lunch, I'm good till about 7pm. No acne on face, but back and chest acne has been all but cured with one use per day. Amazing product and such a bargain for what it does it's not even funny..

Pros:
  • Has been a wonder when nothing else has worked.
Cons:
  • It just needs to work, and that it does.

13 out of 22 people found this review helpful

Colloidal sulfur (2%), salicylic acid (3%), palm oil base (naturally fortified with Vitamins A and E), natural vegetable-based moisturizer.

Member reviews

By on

I have only used this product for three days so far. And so far, my face has cleared up and gotten softer. I am only using it on one side of my face because I had been using tazorac topical on the other side of my face recently. I have only washed my face once a day with this product, then use cetaphil in the morning or vise versa. along with lotion after both. I have severly oily skin and have always had a skin condition. I have gone on accutane twice so I do not get the large cyst like pimples any longer, but I still get major bumps all over my face. I will review in two weeks to let you know the progress.

Pros

• So far, so good.

Cons

• None So Far
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 24.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

if you need a sulfur soap, you've found it here.

Pros

• For users of all now-defunct sulfur soaps (Fostex, Sastid, etc), this is the better of them all. Smells less, works better, and has the same benefits (no shine after washing, feels clean, and, most importantly, no breakouts).

Cons

• none, just please keep making this product!
  • light
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i use this soap for my oily skin, acne, and the seborrheic dermatitis on my face. it's really a good product, but the kavi salicylic acid mask has given me the most immediate results for my acne. that's the product i wanted to review, but i can't figure out how to add it on this site.

Pros

• good for acne but worked wonders for my seborrheic dermatitis.

Cons

• none really.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have pretty sensitive skin, and regular soap (mostly I've used Ivory or Dial.. Dove leaves me feeling filmy) has been getting progressively worse for my skin. In the last couple of years, my skin has been hot and itchy after showers and acne on my chest has been getting worse. After switching to Coral KAVI, my skin has felt clean but not stripped. No more hot itchiness and the acne has gotten noticeably better, but not completely gone (it's been a month). I want to buy the salicylic acid peel, but after reading the reviews on here, I am going to wait another couple of weeks first to make sure I don't overmedicate.

Pros

• Easy to use, inexpensive, and works really well.

Cons

• There aren't any that I can think of.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Bottom line is that it works really well and seems like a very natural way to take care of my skin. I only had moderate/mild acne which is all gone now, but I still use it to pH balance my skin. It does smell like sulfur, but I actually like that. It's like I have my own sulfur spring at home :D

Pros

• Doesn't require any extra steps since I just replaced my soap bar with this one. No cover-up fragrances.

Cons

• It's incredibly good value for what it does, but I just wish they would sell it locally so I don't have to pay for shipping every time I need more.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Buy this product now.

Pros

• It works, and then it works some more, and then it keeps working.

Cons

• none
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Been using sulfur soap for years (I'm 44) and thought I'd give this outfit a shot as I was getting tired of paying for shipping from Europe (the only other place where I can get quality sulfur soap). After a month of use, I believe this to be the best bar I've used yet. Coral Kavi lasts longer (doesn't start to fall apart after a week), smells less, seems to work maybe like 15% better, and with being a U.S. company, saves me about $200/yr in shipping costs.

Pros

• Destroys acne without mercy.

Cons

• Still smells a little like sulfur, but I guess that's the point.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using sheseido & moisturizing soap for years. It helped (less acne, no more oily skin). Decided to give this a try. I thought this would be a miracle cure with it's high rating (one of few still manufactured). Well, it wasn't. First 3 weeks, had 3-4 big red cysts formed on my cheeks. I stopped using it with sheseido & mositurizer after I learn I shouldn't. After 2 more weeks, the cysts on my cheek started to be better. I have less acne on my neck,etc. and the "cores" come to the surface for me to pop (I pop cores out, it helps). My skin is kinda dry now, and kinda oily... which it wasn't before. This product seems to work, but doesn't seem to work alone. I checked the site, and this is only step one. I'm gonna buy the toner and moisturizer to see if it works more and post later. Overall, helped neck, top lip, and most areas, not all. Stopped white heads/etc. for most part. Overall, helped quite a lot. Only cyst forming/dry-oily skin/no redness curing part was bad about it.

Pros

• Help cure some acne, makes acne "core" come to surface, fast/easy to use, makes skin a bit smoother although dry, can use all over body and not just face (not head/hair though)

Cons

• Drys out skin, takes awhile to actually "work" and may not work for everyone, not a miracle cure, can make non oily skin... kinda oily (not too much, probably side effect of dry skin), doesn't make any redness go away (like on neck and cheeks) much
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 71.94
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

After trying the soap alone, I switched to the anti-acne system which also comes with a toner, moisturizer, salicylic acid peel, and sunblock. I really couldn't be happier. Had I known about KAVI 8 years ago, I would have gladly paid them $100 per bar to get those years back. If you have moderate to severe acne, you need to look into this product.

Pros

• Remarkably effective

Cons

• none that I can think of.
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I'm 22 and my teenage acne had not been clearing up like I had hoped. My doctor turned me on to Coral KAVI before messing around with any other stuff (besides I had already done the Cleocin/Retin-A thing in high school and my acne just kept getting worse). This one product has been amazing, and I thought I would share for anyone else struggling with acne that has gone immune to run-of-the-mill treatments. I'm not sure if it's prescription, though, as I got it directly from my doctor's office.

Pros

• FANTASTIC PRODUCT!!! Works much, much better than I ever expected it to.

Cons

• None
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.