Overall rating: 4.3 / 5

Average price: $15.57

Brand: KAVI

Most helpful review

By Parker D, Santa Barbara, CA on 05/26/2012

Extremely oily skin, shine by 11am. With this bar, I'm oil free till about 2pm. With a wash after lunch, I'm good till about 7pm. No acne on face, but back and chest acne has been all but cured with one use per day. Amazing product and such a bargain for what it does it's not even funny..

Pros:
  • Has been a wonder when nothing else has worked.
Cons:
  • It just needs to work, and that it does.

13 out of 22 people found this review helpful

Colloidal sulfur (2%), salicylic acid (3%), palm oil base (naturally fortified with Vitamins A and E), natural vegetable-based moisturizer.

Member reviews

By on

I’m an oiler who’s been using absorbent sheets twice per day (up to four times in the summer) to keep things under some semblance of normal. Now I wash with Coral three times (morning, afternoon, night) and one week in, it really feels like I’m not even producing as much oil as I used to. This is possible, according to the KAVI forum, because the pH or ingredients of other soaps can actually stimulate more oil production. I can verify that to be the case for me.

Pros

• No extra steps, fast, easy, works by itself.

Cons

• None
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

So these are the products I use, I ended up buying more than just System III:

Morning:

Wash with Coral Kavi

Treat any problem spots with Kavi Complex P (this has BP and can dry your skin, use sparingly)

Moisturize with Hyaluronic Acid 95 or if going outside with SPF 30 (my skin seems to get oily if I use both so I just pick one)

Then apply make-up, I use bare minerals and it doesn’t irritate my skin and keeps it glowing not oily

Evening:

Wash with Coral Kavi in the shower (I break out on my back before my period so I also wash my back)

Get extra clean with the toner

Apply Salicylic Acid 8 once/twice per week:

1st week: 30 seconds

2nd week: 60 seconds

3rd – 9th week: 90 seconds

10th -11th week: twice per week Mondays and Thursdays for 90 seconds

12th week: let skin rest

Moisturize with Hyaluronic Acid 95

Treat any problem spots with Kavi Organic Sulfur Suspension (you have to glob it on and it stays yellow so only use at night, works well and not too drying)

Pros

• I ordered the Anti-Acne Systems for Oily or Combination Skin, System III (which includes the Kavi Coral), $140 and two days later I began using Kavi. It has been 12 weeks and my skin is beautiful! All of my papules and pustules are healed, my blackheads and whiteheads are on their way out, and my skin is radiant!

Cons

• None really, spending $150-$200 for skincare may seem like a lot. But it is well worth it for results. The products last quite a while too. I am still on my first bar of soap, about ½ way through the toner, haven’t made a dent in any of the others and just reordered the moisturizer.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 140
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My regimen is full-body shower daily with Coral KAVI, wash my face at night with DermaWash, and take one steam bath at the gym every week. This regimen has improved my skin from the worst cystic acne anyone could have to about 3 new pimples a month. I don't know how many I used to have.. they basically covered my jawline, chest, and back. Greatest product in the history of skin care.

Pros

• Been working consistently for 5 years running.

Cons

• None, except if the bar is left to dry out in the shower, the little sulfur crystals begin to stick out a little, making the bar a little rough for the next use.
  • severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It works with a vengeance. I could see my skin drying out if I were taking minocyclene or still using BP. But it doesn't matter because I'm glad I don't have to use anything else.

Pros

• Powerful anti-acne, anti-oil cleanser.

Cons

• It doesn't come with a CD of the Ride of the Valkyries for you to play when you use it.
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I get this soap from my dermatologist in SD and I couldn't be happier. I told her I didn't want any scripts for antibiotics and nothing that was going to just make things 10% better. I've been using Coral Kavi for three months now and I can tell you it truly works. Acne is not completely gone, but it's better than it's been EVER. And the best part is that I'm achieving this without using chemicals I can't pronounce.

Pros

• Keeps my skin clear and oil-free with a natural product I can feel comfortable using for years.

Cons

• It wasn't in my bathroom back in high school...
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used to have super oily skin and after accutane it subsided along with the acne, but a couple of years later, the acne came back with a vengeance. My skin doesn't get as oily anymore, but ever since finding Coral Kavi, the acne is slowly but surely losing the battle. I still get breakouts and I'm actively working to find a way to stop those from occuring as well. Acne.org and Kavi forums have a great list of recommendations I've been working through. If you haven't found a solution yet, try this product. I'm currently using it with the salicylic acid peel. One more note, I told my derm's office about Kavi and relieved them of their services in the same phone call. If they don't know what works but are happy to keep taking my money, they can find someone else to bilk.

Pros

• Only product that has worked for me in 10 years of fighting cystic acne.

Cons

• None that I've noticed.
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have had pimples for about 10 years now. I didn't get real acne until last year. I've tried so many products, from proactiv to tretinoin. My skin continues to break out. I was only clear for about 2 months (except for scars left over from tretinoin) while using Bactrim- but antibiotics aren't a long term solution. I tried coral Kavi with high hopes. I went through 2 soap bars and nothing changed. My face was still shiny/oily in the day (and yes I washed face 2x daily). I still got big pimples. I was using it by itself for a month, and because no results were seen, I started using it together with BP. Still didn't clear up. Everyone's skin is different, so I would recommend trying it at least b/c of all the other good reviews. For me, this made no difference.

Pros

• Soap lasts a while
  • Cleans skin

Cons

• Acne didn't clear
  • Ordering online
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I wash once or twice in the mornings and I don't start oiling till a little before lunch. If I don't wash on my lunch break, the oil is back with a vengeance about an hour after I eat. My lunchtime wash keeps me comfortable till I get home, sometimes even until bedtime. It's a great product, especially at $6 a bar (total price with shipping (3 bar minimum) was $24). I use the bar for my body too, and each bar lasts about a month. Highly recommended.

Pros

• Keeps my oily skin under control better than I thought any soap could.

Cons

• None!
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was so excited to try this cuz of the good reviews....but was very disappointed :-(

Pros

• ??????

Cons

• a face full of white heads
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am about to turn 30 and Kavi has given me hope. Never had acne until I turned 23. I tried everything. Proactive and every over the counter treatment, lemon juice, honey, green tea, then I spent the big bucks and went to the dermatologist, I was put on pills and creams didn't work and put on more pills and creams didnt work.

My life changed when I gave in and gave up all dairy and meat two weeks ago. I was desperate to get rid of my acne I thought maybe I have allergies I dont know about. I started to take B6 and B12, zink, and omega 3s. I have been using Kavi Coral, Kavi Toner, Kavi Hyaluronic acid, Kavi Salicylic acid 8 and the Kavi spf lotion for 6 months and my acne was getting better but not gone so I read up on all of Kavis products.

Then last week I ordered more Kavi.My new order was Kavi Derma Wash and I love it. Its a very gentle wash that keeps your skin ph balanced and does not irritate your skin. Next up I got Kavi retinol.3% again love it. Last up are my two moisturizers Kave hyaluronic acid and Kavi spf lotion.

After one week I went from getting big red painful pimples that would take forever to go away to a new white head everyday. Its been 7 days and NO big pimples are on my face all have gone away with in 3 days and I can see my old face again.

Pros

• EVERYTHING

Cons

• Yes it can cost a lot for Kavi acne systems but they last forever! It averages to less than $30 a month.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 200
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.