Overall rating: 4.3 / 5

Average price: $15.57

Brand: KAVI

Most helpful review

By Parker D, Santa Barbara, CA on 05/26/2012

Extremely oily skin, shine by 11am. With this bar, I'm oil free till about 2pm. With a wash after lunch, I'm good till about 7pm. No acne on face, but back and chest acne has been all but cured with one use per day. Amazing product and such a bargain for what it does it's not even funny..

Pros:
  • Has been a wonder when nothing else has worked.
Cons:
  • It just needs to work, and that it does.

13 out of 22 people found this review helpful

Colloidal sulfur (2%), salicylic acid (3%), palm oil base (naturally fortified with Vitamins A and E), natural vegetable-based moisturizer.

Member reviews

“potent, non smelly sulfur bar that replaced my $300 prescription cream regimen”
By on

I have been using KAVI soaps for third year now. Before this, I was weaning off prescription retinods. This is not just a bar soap but a well formulated product that is in soap shape. I wish I had used this years before but I didn't believe a face wash with soap would treat acne when prescription meds and dermatologists didn't always work. But now KAVI is m religion! Their sulfur soaps are primary treatment for daily acne control. The Coral is stronger so I use it 2 times a week only as it does dry and irritate my skin type. The Aqua is what I use daily (once a day) with its 5% sulfur it's not as drying as this Coral. With regular daily use, I had my break outs mostly under control with in weeks. I couldn't believe years of retinoid creams that cost me hundreds were replaced by sulfur soap. I think KAVI is the only brand that uses colloidal sulfur which is superior to other forms.

Pros

• effective but don't expect 100% clear skin for life
  • KAVI sulfur does not smell ike all other sulfur products do
  • soap bar lasts for months

Cons

• coral tends to be drying if used daily
  • price and you can buy it only from KAVI and sometimes Amazon (shipping adds up)
  • for more than a year
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I find this soap to be a wonderful cleanser that helps keep my skin clear. I do use a toner of tea tree oil mixed with witch hazel after. I was using the homemade toner before I used Kavi however, and still noticed a big improvement in my skin when I added Kavi. I am glad I found this soap! I need to order it from Amazon because it is not found locally, but this soap is worth the extra effort because it has been effective for me.

For reference, I have used the BP regimen and found it effective, but wanted to get away from all the chemicals. I still use BP when needed, but found that I can stay mostly clear without it now.

Pros

• Non-drying
  • Calms skin
  • Helps keep it clear

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Great product, great company, but I want to know I'll have access to this product in 20 years.

Pros

• Works better than anything else I've ever used for acne and at a fraction of the cost of RX medications.

Cons

• It's made by a small US company. If they stop making this or go out of business, my skin is back to the hell it was before I found them.
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I really wish I could promote this product... I wanted it to be my miracle. When I first started it, my skin felt amazing. Soft, breakouts seemed to be somewhat under control, then as I got more into the bar, my face started breaking out terribly. First with papules (flesh colored bumps that stick around FOREVER.. and if you try to pop them/remove them they turn into big reg angry zits). I saw no reduction in oil production. The outter layers of the bar are mostly SA and the soap base, and the more you get to the center of the bar you can visually see all the little deposits of sulfur.. my guess is that maybe the sulfur is causing the breakouts for me.

Pros

• Doesn't smell of sulfur
  • Bar lasts long
  • Lathers nicely
  • Rinses clean

Cons

• No decrease in oil production
  • Dries out the skin (nothing a lil moisturizer cant fix)
  • No decrease in acne
  • for about a month
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been suffering with acne for years now. I'm 23 and my skin hasn't looked this good since I hit puberty. I've tried it all, I've been on the most expensive prescription creams and gels (Aczone, Duac, Tazorac, Differin, among others) and tried almost everything (proactive, Dan's regime, etc). There were many times when I came close to going on Accutane, even though it scares the sh*t out of me. None of those come close to doing what this little pink bar has done. My skin care regimen is more simple than it has ever been, and my skin is 95% clearer. When I first started using the bar I thought there was no way that just a face wash could keep me almost completely clear, so I continued to use Benzoyl Peroxide and Tazorac. which ended up drying my skin out really bad. I started cutting back a bit on the BP and cut out the Tazorac and my skin started to look great. Now all I do is wash with Coral twice a day, use witch hazel as a toner (highly recommended) Moisturize, and spot treat with BP., and my skin looks great. The boost in confidence that has come with having clear skin has greatly improved my life. Coral Kavi has seriously been a blessing for me and I can't recommend it more highly. And at $8 a bar (they last a long time too) you have no reason not to try it if your experience sounds anything like mine. Ordering online is a breeze, and the support people at KAVI are great.

Pros

• Skin is clear
  • Skin is less oily
  • This stuff is amazing

Cons

• the smell isn't great (not even that bad though) , but who cares when it works this well
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I bought this for my teenage son because of the good reviews. He's been using it for 2 weeks and his acne continues to get worse every day - red and very inflamed. I thought it just might be the purging stage, but Kavi customer service said his skin should not be getting worse. It must just be too harsh for his combination skin. Very disappointing!

Pros

• Mild Smell
  • Nice Lather

Cons

• Online Buying
  • Didn't Work!
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've actually wanted to reveiw this item for a while now, but jut never got the chance to. I found to get the best of this product, lather it nicely before applying.. I found if I wash with cool/ cold water it works best. Some people may not like this because of the smell, but hey whatever helps the acne right? :-)

Pros

• Works fast
  • You can actually doing its magic!
  • Lasts a long time

Cons

• Order online
  • Smell, but no big deal!
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Has been a wonder when nothing else has worked.

Cons

• It just needs to work, and that it does.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Doing my part here to let people know about what works. If you have acne that will not be treated, give this solution a try. I understand this is not a cure for everyone, but it was for me.

Pros

• Fights cystic acne to a level never seen with any other treatment, including every prescription treatment known to medicine. It's easy to use - no extra steps - and it gets it done. I've also added the KAVI salicylic acid 15 to round out my regimen.

Cons

• If they stop making it, I'm SOL.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

No more oil absorbing sheets, no more shine two hours after a shower, no more oil in my eyes by midnight. I really can't believe a soap can reduce oil production do much, but it does. Amazing product and it lasts a full month per bar (one shower per day and one facial wash per day).

Pros

• The best oil absorbing solution available anywhere at any price.

Cons

• None really.
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.