Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment reviews

3.8/5 - 5 reviews

Brand: Kate Somerville

Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

Amazing.
Reviewed on January 21, 2016

First off, I absolutely never take the time to write reviews on anything, but this stuff has worked so well for me, I thought it was worth it.

I'm 20 years old with a fairly dry skin type, but due to some major family events earlier this year and heaps of stress being piled on me, my skin got a bit crazy, after 19 years of being relatively perfect. And it did get a bit oilier, too. This will probably be a fairly long review -- I'm warning you.

I tried absolutely EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything. Clean & Clear spot treatment, Proactiv, Anti-Blemish Tea Tree Acne Wash, the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion & Special Healing Powder. Clean & Clear hardly did a thing for me; Proactiv only served to irritate my skin and break it out further (even the sensitive skin line); the Anti-Blemish Tea Tree Acne Wash caused red welts to pop up all over my face that hung around for almost 2 full weeks; the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, which is very similar to this, worked quite well at first, but I eventually started seeing very little improvement; and finally, the powder worked pretty well, but again, due to having sensitive skin, I would sometimes wake up with odd, itchy red spots on my face, so I stopped using it.

This has literally been the ONLY product that has truly worked for me. The blemish will either be completely flat by the morning or on its way to being gone, and it doesn't overly dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. I'm so thankful that I found this product and thought it necessary to share my experience with it. Now, my skin is pretty much back to normal, and I no longer have to worry about breakouts because I know this stuff will save the day.

Current Skin Care Routine:

1. Wash face with Cetaphil Antibacterial Soap day and night

2. Apply Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer day and night (because of my dry skin)

3. Apply this stuff with a Q-tip right before bed

life changing stuff.
Reviewed on November 18, 2015

this is a GAME CHANGER. i have used it on every single pimple for one year and whilst it doesn't prevent them from appearing (hormonal acne), it certainly helps in their disappearance!

I will put a small amount on each pimple and leave it overnight. The layer of pink at the bottom of 10% Sulphur, and the clear liquid is alcohol. Dip a cotton bud in to the sulphur and when you pull it out the alcohol will cover it. Sulphur reduces the bacteria inside the skin an the alcohol dries the pimple out. 100% of the time the pimple has reduced in both size and redness. The formulation is a light pink colour so you can't leave the house wearing it so it's best to use it at night or when you are having a lazy pyjama day.

I gave my bottle to my boyfriend to use and whilst his skin was glowing, mine got worse because I couldn't use my miracle product! But as soon as I bought myself a new bottle, within a few days my skin was smooth and clear once again.

It costs $24 in Sephora - you can buy it individually or do as I do and buy the whole cleansing set (cleanser, exfoliator, acne treatment and moisturiser) for $55.

I feel so much more confident now after battling for years with mild to severe acne. I have recommended this product to all of my friends and every single one have seen great results.

Great for small pimples
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

I purchased this product about a month ago. I use it for small red marks. l dip a qtip into the bottle and spot treat overnight. After about 3 nights the pimple is gone! It's so great! The best part about this product is it does not dry out my face. My only complaint is that it's pink and stands out against my skin. It can rub off at night so be warned you may want to sleep with a towel over your pillow.

One of my faves
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I really like this stuff. Doesn't work quite as effectively on the bigger spots, but will dry up a whitehead in no time. Only gripe is that it flakes off quite quickly, especially if you tend to sleep with your face rubbing against the pillow.

Not worth the money
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

This didn't clear up my acne and it wasn't worth $24. A friend of mine, however, swears by it. Everybody's skin is different I guess. I just didn't work for me.