Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Makeup reviews

Brand: Kat Von D

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Makeup

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone.

May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation Light 44
updated: 12/06/2016 06:06 UTC

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Makeup

Wanted to love it so much
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

I was beyond excited to try this foundation out since I had seen so many people rant and rave about its wondrous coverage and lasting power. I picked up the lightest colour there was (I can't remember the exact name for the shade) that had yellow undertones in it and I was really taken aback the first time I tried it. It was extremely cakey no matter how little I used. It just kind of sat on my skin like a mask and made it look like I was wearing near 4 coats of foundation when I had only used a pea-sized amount. The colour was also really dark for the lightest shade. Apparently there used to be an even lighter shade before the one I used that they discontinued, which is really sad.

Worst Foundation
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

I love Kat Von D's other products and I initially loved this product too. However, it gave me the most painful cystic acne of my life. Now, I don't have the best skin to begin with, but it made it 1000x worse. I stopped using it for my face and only used it to cover up other places, neck and such while on acne medication and it STILL gave me acne, just now on my neck. I will never repurchase no matter how much I liked how it looked. Now I wonder if her powder products will be just as bad, since I'm trying to go cruelty free, but am not looking for break outs.

YAAAASSSS QUEEEEENNNNN YAAAAAASSSS
Reviewed on October 9, 2016

this foundation is a god send. The formula is great, it stays all day it DOES NOT break me out and that alone is amazing. Whenever i use this foundation my skin looks porcelain and smooth. i just love it so much try it out seriously

Love it
Reviewed on August 2, 2016

I used to use the Estee Lauder, but after searching for different brands to cover up my bad acne, scars, and so on found this amazing foundation. I had a few problems with finding good primers so I am using both primer and finish spray from Skindovinia is awesome highly recommended. For a hot day make sure your face is fully dry and just add foundation directly to your face and just use finish spray.

Broke me out
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

This broke me out so bad on my nose and chin. I was so sad because the coverage is frigging amazing! :( I switched from this to the Too Faced Born This Way and it's similar, but much less matte.

Great for someone who wants to cover up redness and scaring
Reviewed on January 19, 2016

I've used this foundation for about a year now, it looks great when you don't have any pimples and covers up redness and acne scars. But when you do have pimples,it looks sorta bad. This foundation makes it really obvious that you have pimples on your face. You're almost better off not using it. Plus when I was trying to cover up my pimples (which didn't work) it looked really cakey and felt like it was really clogging up my pores. It's a really thick foundation too. Not the best product for someone who has pimples everywhere. Also, a little goes along way. And I also find that it oxidizes through out the day (meaning it gets darker)

BEST FOUNDATION OUT THERE
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

This.stuff.is.amazing.! It is literally the best foundation I have ever used. It covers every imperfection. You definitley dont need a concealer with this foundation. A little goes along way with this. If you use too much it is easy to look cakey. I found this at sephora and it was around $36 dollars. But it is well worth the price and it lasts you along time. The only bad thing is the product sells out fast so it is a struggle to find the right color for you. I had to make several trips to sephora to find it. But I recommend this for anyone with acne and redness, it will cover it all up!

Best foundation EVER (for me, at least)!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

I love this foundation! I mix it with a Garnier gel moisturizer to thin it out (so that I use less) and it's so pigmented that it doesn't lighten! It doesn't affect the texture of my skin (the main issue) unfortunately, but if I get any dark spots, it covers them easily.

Best Foundation EVER (for me, at least)!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

Great coverage
Reviewed on June 6, 2014

I am always on the hunt for a foundation that will cover up my acne scares! I came across the Kat von d foundation after I saw many YouTube reviews on it. It is on the more pricey side but I think it is worth the money. It actually really covers up acne scares really good. Honestly you don't need much of it to do its job. If applied correctly you will love it.