Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Makeup reviews

4.3/5 - 9 reviews

Brand: Kat Von D

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Makeup

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone.

May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation Light 44
updated: 07/28/2016 06:19 UTC

Broke me out
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

This broke me out so bad on my nose and chin. I was so sad because the coverage is frigging amazing! :( I switched from this to the Too Faced Born This Way and it's similar, but much less matte.

Great for someone who wants to cover up redness and scaring
Reviewed on January 19, 2016

I've used this foundation for about a year now, it looks great when you don't have any pimples and covers up redness and acne scars. But when you do have pimples,it looks sorta bad. This foundation makes it really obvious that you have pimples on your face. You're almost better off not using it. Plus when I was trying to cover up my pimples (which didn't work) it looked really cakey and felt like it was really clogging up my pores. It's a really thick foundation too. Not the best product for someone who has pimples everywhere. Also, a little goes along way. And I also find that it oxidizes through out the day (meaning it gets darker)

BEST FOUNDATION OUT THERE
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

This.stuff.is.amazing.! It is literally the best foundation I have ever used. It covers every imperfection. You definitley dont need a concealer with this foundation. A little goes along way with this. If you use too much it is easy to look cakey. I found this at sephora and it was around $36 dollars. But it is well worth the price and it lasts you along time. The only bad thing is the product sells out fast so it is a struggle to find the right color for you. I had to make several trips to sephora to find it. But I recommend this for anyone with acne and redness, it will cover it all up!

Best foundation EVER (for me, at least)!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

I love this foundation! I mix it with a Garnier gel moisturizer to thin it out (so that I use less) and it's so pigmented that it doesn't lighten! It doesn't affect the texture of my skin (the main issue) unfortunately, but if I get any dark spots, it covers them easily.

Best Foundation EVER (for me, at least)!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

Great coverage
Reviewed on June 6, 2014

I am always on the hunt for a foundation that will cover up my acne scares! I came across the Kat von d foundation after I saw many YouTube reviews on it. It is on the more pricey side but I think it is worth the money. It actually really covers up acne scares really good. Honestly you don't need much of it to do its job. If applied correctly you will love it.

Great Coverage
Reviewed on February 12, 2014

Fairly thick, yet not heavy foundation that offers full coverage. Even on my large cystic acne and scarring, this foundation when applied with a brush worked like a charm! There are a wide variety of skin shades to choose from as well.

Worth the price
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

So ive been using this product for about 5 months and it hasnt done any harm to my skin. Ive had breakouts on and off for about 4 years.. My skin is oily so this product does really well with my skin. If you apply too much it does leave this strange smell, but a small pump does go a long way. It definitely is long lasting, i never have to touch up throughout the day. This product is definitely full coverage so it hides any red marks or bumps.

Full Coverage, Long Wear
Reviewed on September 25, 2013

This foundation is oil, paraben, and fragrance free, and offers very impressive coverage - even better than the Revlon Colorstay foundations. Only a very small amount of product is necessary to completely cover my face. I typically apply with a beauty blender sponge; a slightly damp sponge makes the product easier to blend out. As this foundation 'sets' very quickly, you have to work fairly fast to get streak-free, even coverage.

Over all, it offers a full day's wear with very little breakthrough shine. This product is certainly worth the price and is my go-to for particularly bad skin days.