Jojoba Oil

Average price: $10.10

Most helpful review

By Aaron, N.Ireland on 01/16/2013
thumbnail

I use 6 drops of jojoba oil in my moisturiser morning and night. I use a little around my eyes and even on my lips. I love this stuff. I have even started using it as a body moisturiser when I come out of the shower. This stuff really took away the hard feeling tightness of my skin early in the regim and now allows me to use full BP dosage with comfort. Highly reccomend. Ps. I was very nervous about putting oil on my skin but this is the best skin product i have ever used. I live in Ireland so I use Holland and Barrets brand of oil. I have combined it with simple's oil free wash and moisturiser and my skin is completely spot free and my red marks are healing quickly. My face was quite bad at the start of Jan and honetly this routine has changed my life. I started using panoxyl BP because it was easily available at boots chemists. It was then discontinued and i was forced to by Dan's I was very nervous about switching but can honestly say Dan's is much better. Way less harsh on skin and does the job just aswell with less flakey skin..

Pros:
  • totally got rid of my flakey skin during first few weeks of the regime.
  • gave my skin back that natural glow that the harshness of BP had taken away.
  • Made my skin much softer.
  • Red Marks seem to disapear quickly
Cons:
  • none

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I've had moderate acne for about 10 years and have not had much (or any) success with any treatment i've ever used.

About 5 months ago I started using the acne.org treatment and it was helping a little, but not that much(20% improvement). About 3 months ago I started adding about 6 drops of Jojoba oil to the treatment (BP) twice a day and it's worked amazingly ! It's completely removed any dryness and REPLACED my moisteriser completely (I never use moisteriser anymore, don't need it). It's also completely stopped the excessive oil production in my face.

My Acne is probably 85% better, and i'm rather happy that after all these years it looks like a natural treatment is significantly responsible for the improvement.

Try it, seriously. It might not do anything for you, but for me it was the last option before biting the bullet and going to Accutane. Now I won't need to touch Accutane!

Pros

• Exceptionally good moisturizer
  • Assists with Oil production
  • Removes acne!
  • Easy to use
  • Cheap

Cons

• None!
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used this once with the Regimen when my face was dry and the nest day my cheeks were covered in small red bumps, which I later discovered to be comadones.

Pros

• Really good moisturizer
  • Makes skin feel nice

Cons

• Makes face look oily
  • Causes little red comadones
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 15
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was so surprised to find that mixing a few drops of Jojoba oil in with my Olay Regenerist Serum makes a perfect mixture! I apply this before my foundation in the AM. I hardly do any touch ups or blotting all day, and I have a healthy glow again.

I started using it alone at night after I wash with Purpose cleanser and then apply (1 part ACV/1 part which hazel/3 part water) toner. Every few days Ill do a mask with Baking Soda as well, and the past few weeks my skins improved immensely!

Pros

• Natural
  • Simple
  • Affordable ($4.99 @ Trader Joes)
  • Moisturizes perfectly in combination w/lotion or alone

Cons

• None!
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 4.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

6 months ago I had huge (some larger than a quarter), deep pustules all over my face. Sudden adult on-set acne. Washed with Kirk's Castile (via Clarisonic), then with BP and Jojoba for moisturizer after my shower.

In 2 months I my face was 75% back to normal. Today, my face is 100% and has been for at least 2 1/2 months. I've even stopped using BP. It's the Jojoba that stops the acne from forming.

This stuff saved my life.

Pros

• Makes skin glow.
  • Gets rid of acne.
  • NATURAL!

Cons

• Doesn't travel well (leaks/seeps easily)
  • Seems pricey, but you only need 3-6 drops a day.
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It works for me and helped clear up my acne and heal the scars. It made my skin so soft and really hydrated.

Pros

• Makes skin soft
  • Helps with acne and scars

Cons

• Stays oily for a while, but if you keep massaging it in it will absorb
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using this product for almost 4 months since I started taking Accutane. It has moisturised my skin so well despite the dryness caused by Accutane. I only use a small squirt (about 5 drops) and this is enough for my whole face and neck.I use it after simply washing my face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and then applying pure aloe vera all over my face.

This stuff may seem expensive, but when compared to commercial moisturisers, it is far cheaper because you use such a small amount each time and it lasts seemingly forever.

It hasn't done anything for my acne scars, but it does calm redness and soothes irritated skin caused by acne. I think it smells nice and it easy to apply/use and it doesn't clog pores! Non-comedogenic products are the way to go. It is also a great carrier oil when you'[re using essential oils on your face.

Pros

• Mousturises skin beautifully
  • Soothes irritated skin
  • A little goes a long way
  • Smells pleasant

Cons

• None.
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am using jojoba oil as a moisturizer. The first few weeks I felt a lot of stinging after applying it... the itchiness occasionally occurs again but not as intense. If I apply it straight after cleansing. When I don't use BP it seems to leave less oily residue on my skin... this might of course just be my skin! I think you need to use a tiny amount in order to let the skin fully absorb it

Pros

• chances of irritation are very small
  • great moisturizer
  • not toxic like some essential oils
  • a little goes a long way

Cons

• can sting and itch a bit
  • somehow never absorbs fully when used with BP
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

I broke me out.

Pros

• lightweight oil

Cons

• I broke out so bad....
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Unfortunately, everybody's skin is different and this stuff is really no different from any other moisturizer in that it has the potential to make you break out (i think this stuff is very over-hyped, to be honest).

I experimented with jojoba oil for over a year (used it consistently for months at a time) after reading all the glowing reviews in which people claimed it changed their life. But even as it gave me dewy skin and relief from the annoying dryness that often accompanies the use of acne topicals, more often than not, whenever I used it, it just led to more zits (even as my topicals seemed to be clearing me!).

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily acne-prone skin. In the first place, acne is essentially caused by an overproduction of sebum (which contrary to popular belief, results solely from hormonal fluctuations--NOT dry skin!) that gets trapped in the follicles and becomes impacted. Unless you're doing a round of accutane, putting more oil on your acne-prone skin is more likely to result in additional pore cloggage pores and zits.

Pros

• Moisturizing
  • Can be added to your regular moisturizer to boost it.

Cons

• Can clog pores and lead to breakouts in some people
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've tried so many different things for my face with no success. Lately I had been trying more natural products and a friend suggested jojoba oil, albeit I was a little skeptical at first, putting oil right on my face. In the end the results speak for themselves I have had no breakouts so far plus it has multiple uses! In the end I think it ended up being a great investment!

Pros

• gets rid of flakiness that almost nothing would
  • really soft skin
  • natural product

Cons

• Expensive
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 16.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.