Page 5 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.2/5 - 336 reviews

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Reviewed on July 19, 2011

I've had moderate acne for about 10 years and have not had much (or any) success with any treatment i've ever used.

About 5 months ago I started using the acne.org treatment and it was helping a little, but not that much(20% improvement). About 3 months ago I started adding about 6 drops of Jojoba oil to the treatment (BP) twice a day and it's worked amazingly ! It's completely removed any dryness and REPLACED my moisteriser completely (I never use moisteriser anymore, don't need it). It's also completely stopped the excessive oil production in my face.

My Acne is probably 85% better, and i'm rather happy that after all these years it looks like a natural treatment is significantly responsible for the improvement.

Try it, seriously. It might not do anything for you, but for me it was the last option before biting the bullet and going to Accutane. Now I won't need to touch Accutane!

Reviewed on July 10, 2011

I used this once with the Regimen when my face was dry and the nest day my cheeks were covered in small red bumps, which I later discovered to be comadones.

Reviewed on July 8, 2011

I was so surprised to find that mixing a few drops of Jojoba oil in with my Olay Regenerist Serum makes a perfect mixture! I apply this before my foundation in the AM. I hardly do any touch ups or blotting all day, and I have a healthy glow again.

I started using it alone at night after I wash with Purpose cleanser and then apply (1 part ACV/1 part which hazel/3 part water) toner. Every few days Ill do a mask with Baking Soda as well, and the past few weeks my skins improved immensely!

Reviewed on July 6, 2011

6 months ago I had huge (some larger than a quarter), deep pustules all over my face. Sudden adult on-set acne. Washed with Kirk's Castile (via Clarisonic), then with BP and Jojoba for moisturizer after my shower.

In 2 months I my face was 75% back to normal. Today, my face is 100% and has been for at least 2 1/2 months. I've even stopped using BP. It's the Jojoba that stops the acne from forming.

This stuff saved my life.

Reviewed on June 29, 2011

It works for me and helped clear up my acne and heal the scars. It made my skin so soft and really hydrated.

Reviewed on June 28, 2011

I have been using this product for almost 4 months since I started taking Accutane. It has moisturised my skin so well despite the dryness caused by Accutane. I only use a small squirt (about 5 drops) and this is enough for my whole face and neck.I use it after simply washing my face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and then applying pure aloe vera all over my face.

This stuff may seem expensive, but when compared to commercial moisturisers, it is far cheaper because you use such a small amount each time and it lasts seemingly forever.

It hasn't done anything for my acne scars, but it does calm redness and soothes irritated skin caused by acne. I think it smells nice and it easy to apply/use and it doesn't clog pores! Non-comedogenic products are the way to go. It is also a great carrier oil when you'[re using essential oils on your face.

Reviewed on June 28, 2011

I am using jojoba oil as a moisturizer. The first few weeks I felt a lot of stinging after applying it... the itchiness occasionally occurs again but not as intense. If I apply it straight after cleansing. When I don't use BP it seems to leave less oily residue on my skin... this might of course just be my skin! I think you need to use a tiny amount in order to let the skin fully absorb it

Reviewed on June 22, 2011

Unfortunately, everybody's skin is different and this stuff is really no different from any other moisturizer in that it has the potential to make you break out (i think this stuff is very over-hyped, to be honest).

I experimented with jojoba oil for over a year (used it consistently for months at a time) after reading all the glowing reviews in which people claimed it changed their life. But even as it gave me dewy skin and relief from the annoying dryness that often accompanies the use of acne topicals, more often than not, whenever I used it, it just led to more zits (even as my topicals seemed to be clearing me!).

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily acne-prone skin. In the first place, acne is essentially caused by an overproduction of sebum (which contrary to popular belief, results solely from hormonal fluctuations--NOT dry skin!) that gets trapped in the follicles and becomes impacted. Unless you're doing a round of accutane, putting more oil on your acne-prone skin is more likely to result in additional pore cloggage pores and zits.

Reviewed on June 15, 2011

I've tried so many different things for my face with no success. Lately I had been trying more natural products and a friend suggested jojoba oil, albeit I was a little skeptical at first, putting oil right on my face. In the end the results speak for themselves I have had no breakouts so far plus it has multiple uses! In the end I think it ended up being a great investment!