Page 5 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.2/5 - 341 reviews

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Reviewed on September 3, 2011

I have been on the regimen for a year and working well. For the past three weeks I decided to start using A LOT of jojoba in with Dan's moisturiser morning and evening to see how it worked for me.

After a few days I started breaking out a little with papules on my cheeks and some pustules on my chin. These seemed to take ages to heal and by the third week I was still breaking out. I have subsequently stopped using jojoba and my breakouts are subsiding, slowly but surely.

Bear in mind I was using LOADS, like 12 drops in with the moisturiser and maybe with this more isn't better, i.e. I may not have broken out if I had only used a couple of drops I don't know!

I'm guessing the skin can only absorb so much of the oil put on and the remainder will sit on the surface of the skin and make the skin feel oily. Maybe this extra oil attracts dirt and other airborne contaminates that will sit on the skin and can enter the pores which may have caused my breakout. Just racking my brains as to how something non-comodogenic could have broken me out.

Reviewed on September 2, 2011

I put this on this morning at 8 a.m after a week of well-controlled acne (achieved using Sudocrem & manuka oil) and by 6 p.m I was covered in large cyctic acne, including some new huge ones that weren't there this morning.

I accept that everyone's different but this is not for me. It's a shame because as a 35 year old I'm told that oils are great anti-ageing remedies.

Back to the Sudocrem for me!

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

Jojoba oil is a must have! No matter your skin type, you should really benefit from putting only couple of drops into your moisturizer.

Jojoba oil is great as a makeup remover, it takes everything off better than any other product. It did make my skin soft and touchable after some time of using it, and it was never a cause for my breakouts. I have been using it for more than a year now and it has never failed me. :)

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

does a great job for moisturizing and flake control but bottom line is it broke me out after using for a few weeks.

i gave it 2 stars for moisturizing and flake control however the fact that it causes some skin types to break out and in my case SEVER break out with cysts it loses a good rating.

for some this might be a great product however its put me back in my regime by atleast 3 weeks due to the length of time itll require for my skin to repair itself.

Reviewed on July 25, 2011

This causes me to get a few zits when I use it but I would rather have those than reptile skin.

Reviewed on July 19, 2011

I've had moderate acne for about 10 years and have not had much (or any) success with any treatment i've ever used.

About 5 months ago I started using the acne.org treatment and it was helping a little, but not that much(20% improvement). About 3 months ago I started adding about 6 drops of Jojoba oil to the treatment (BP) twice a day and it's worked amazingly ! It's completely removed any dryness and REPLACED my moisteriser completely (I never use moisteriser anymore, don't need it). It's also completely stopped the excessive oil production in my face.

My Acne is probably 85% better, and i'm rather happy that after all these years it looks like a natural treatment is significantly responsible for the improvement.

Try it, seriously. It might not do anything for you, but for me it was the last option before biting the bullet and going to Accutane. Now I won't need to touch Accutane!

Reviewed on July 10, 2011

I used this once with the Regimen when my face was dry and the nest day my cheeks were covered in small red bumps, which I later discovered to be comadones.

Reviewed on July 8, 2011

I was so surprised to find that mixing a few drops of Jojoba oil in with my Olay Regenerist Serum makes a perfect mixture! I apply this before my foundation in the AM. I hardly do any touch ups or blotting all day, and I have a healthy glow again.

I started using it alone at night after I wash with Purpose cleanser and then apply (1 part ACV/1 part which hazel/3 part water) toner. Every few days Ill do a mask with Baking Soda as well, and the past few weeks my skins improved immensely!

Reviewed on July 6, 2011

6 months ago I had huge (some larger than a quarter), deep pustules all over my face. Sudden adult on-set acne. Washed with Kirk's Castile (via Clarisonic), then with BP and Jojoba for moisturizer after my shower.

In 2 months I my face was 75% back to normal. Today, my face is 100% and has been for at least 2 1/2 months. I've even stopped using BP. It's the Jojoba that stops the acne from forming.

This stuff saved my life.

Reviewed on June 29, 2011

It works for me and helped clear up my acne and heal the scars. It made my skin so soft and really hydrated.