Page 4 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.2/5 - 343 reviews

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Reviewed on February 24, 2012

After using this once, I got at least 5 huge pimples in unusual areas on my face. I waited a week and used one more drop, and got the same reaction. While jojoba oil helped with the dry, flaky skin, it made it worse by giving me big red bumps. I used Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil, but I don't think the brand matters. This may work amazingly for some people, but for others with sensitive skin like me, you might want to stay away from it.

Reviewed on January 22, 2012

what might work for me might not work for everyone but i use Desert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba Oil if that helps. it's not greasy or clogs up my pores. of course it's an oil and when i dab it on my face will be oily but my skin absorbs the product fast. i use a cotton so bacteria from my fingers won't be mixed with the oil and cause more breakouts. i do have very sensitive skin(combination skin) for those of you who are like me. i'd give it a try...it's worth it. i've tried a lot of stuff just to prevent breakouts but this seemed to help because it's not drying your skin...which is one of the reasons i break out from all that irritation...and at the same time it's helping to get rid of breakouts. a little goes a long way.

Reviewed on January 21, 2012

Jojoba oil to me is like, something I can put on my skin that will not break me out, and will always mousturize my skin, it's like a back up cure all dryness oil.

It makes the acne.org mousterizer sink into my skin better and not being so 'yellow'

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

This is supposed to be non-comedogenic but apparently not for my oily, extremely clog-prone skin. Grapeseed oil works better for me, without the breakouts and at a lower price.

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

the regimen made my skin extremely dry and flakey, so i did as recommended and started using jojoba oil every day. i feel like it did not help the dryness but it caused 3-4 whiteheads every day. never happened to me like this before. i stopped using it and reduced the amount of BP instead and right now i'm pretty much clear. maybe i just used too much of it but i decieded to stay away from it for now.

Reviewed on December 23, 2011

I spoke with my Derm regarding jojoba oil. She told me that it is slightly comedogenic. Most people can tolerate it, but those with super oily or extra sensitive skin may have problems. So, if you want to try it, apply it to a small area first, NOT your whole face. Try it out on that area for a good 3 to 4 weeks and if you're not breaking out then you can use it all over. It's a good method for trying all new products on acne prone skin. We're all different and it takes time to know what things work for you specifically. I personally can't use it without my chin and cheeks breaking out, but it may be fine for you.

Reviewed on December 13, 2011

I purchased jojoba oil because claims said it is so similar to the sebum(oil) naturally produced by your own skin that with continued use it can trick your skin into producing less pore-clogging oil. I had a brief purge effect (experienced a few pimples) two weeks into using it but have been extremely pleased so far. It is the best defense/cure for flakiness I experience after using harsh benzoyl peroxide. I believe it has had a regulatory effect on my oil glands and it leaves my skin very supply and glowing.

Reviewed on November 28, 2011

I had such high hopes for this one. After the third day I could feel little bumps but I figured I'd persist and give it time. Jojoba oil never broke me out, however it did clog my pores and caused many tiny blackheads to develop. It could be due to the fact that I have HUGE pores and oily skin. Maybe it seeped into my big pores and hardened up? Overall though it seems like it would be a good fit for others. Most oils and creams I put on my face (sunscreens included) break me out. The jojoba oil didn't have that effect and I think that says alot about it. I gave it three stars because it's been working well for me as a beard conditioner and body moisturizer. I've also made some scented body oils by adding patchouli and lavender to small bottles of jojoba. Great gift idea.

Reviewed on November 19, 2011

it hasnt completely cleared my mild acne however has made a massive difference in helping to keep my skin more consistently clear and when i do go through a break out phase its not half as bad as it used to be! Definitely the only product thats worked for me!!

Reviewed on October 28, 2011

Don't use it, its an oil and it will clog up your pores. Learn it the easy way or the hard way... Stick to an oil free gentle moisturizer.