Page 4 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.2/5 - 336 reviews

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Reviewed on November 28, 2011

I had such high hopes for this one. After the third day I could feel little bumps but I figured I'd persist and give it time. Jojoba oil never broke me out, however it did clog my pores and caused many tiny blackheads to develop. It could be due to the fact that I have HUGE pores and oily skin. Maybe it seeped into my big pores and hardened up? Overall though it seems like it would be a good fit for others. Most oils and creams I put on my face (sunscreens included) break me out. The jojoba oil didn't have that effect and I think that says alot about it. I gave it three stars because it's been working well for me as a beard conditioner and body moisturizer. I've also made some scented body oils by adding patchouli and lavender to small bottles of jojoba. Great gift idea.

Reviewed on November 19, 2011

it hasnt completely cleared my mild acne however has made a massive difference in helping to keep my skin more consistently clear and when i do go through a break out phase its not half as bad as it used to be! Definitely the only product thats worked for me!!

Reviewed on October 28, 2011

Don't use it, its an oil and it will clog up your pores. Learn it the easy way or the hard way... Stick to an oil free gentle moisturizer.

Reviewed on October 7, 2011

I use 100% generic brand Jojoba oil and so far so good and it controls my dry skin after applying Benzamycin at night. However, it leaves my skin shiny and oily. I don't mind it at night but during the day time, I often have to lightly pat my face with a towel just to not look like I dipped my face in a bucket of liquid butter.

Reviewed on October 5, 2011

Bought this at [link removed] not the Acne.Org one. Great value for money, but it makes my face shiny, so I use very sparingly.

Reviewed on September 3, 2011

I have been on the regimen for a year and working well. For the past three weeks I decided to start using A LOT of jojoba in with Dan's moisturiser morning and evening to see how it worked for me.

After a few days I started breaking out a little with papules on my cheeks and some pustules on my chin. These seemed to take ages to heal and by the third week I was still breaking out. I have subsequently stopped using jojoba and my breakouts are subsiding, slowly but surely.

Bear in mind I was using LOADS, like 12 drops in with the moisturiser and maybe with this more isn't better, i.e. I may not have broken out if I had only used a couple of drops I don't know!

I'm guessing the skin can only absorb so much of the oil put on and the remainder will sit on the surface of the skin and make the skin feel oily. Maybe this extra oil attracts dirt and other airborne contaminates that will sit on the skin and can enter the pores which may have caused my breakout. Just racking my brains as to how something non-comodogenic could have broken me out.

Reviewed on September 2, 2011

I put this on this morning at 8 a.m after a week of well-controlled acne (achieved using Sudocrem & manuka oil) and by 6 p.m I was covered in large cyctic acne, including some new huge ones that weren't there this morning.

I accept that everyone's different but this is not for me. It's a shame because as a 35 year old I'm told that oils are great anti-ageing remedies.

Back to the Sudocrem for me!

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

Jojoba oil is a must have! No matter your skin type, you should really benefit from putting only couple of drops into your moisturizer.

Jojoba oil is great as a makeup remover, it takes everything off better than any other product. It did make my skin soft and touchable after some time of using it, and it was never a cause for my breakouts. I have been using it for more than a year now and it has never failed me. :)

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

does a great job for moisturizing and flake control but bottom line is it broke me out after using for a few weeks.

i gave it 2 stars for moisturizing and flake control however the fact that it causes some skin types to break out and in my case SEVER break out with cysts it loses a good rating.

for some this might be a great product however its put me back in my regime by atleast 3 weeks due to the length of time itll require for my skin to repair itself.

Reviewed on July 25, 2011

This causes me to get a few zits when I use it but I would rather have those than reptile skin.