Page 4 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.2/5 - 340 reviews

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

This is supposed to be non-comedogenic but apparently not for my oily, extremely clog-prone skin. Grapeseed oil works better for me, without the breakouts and at a lower price.

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

the regimen made my skin extremely dry and flakey, so i did as recommended and started using jojoba oil every day. i feel like it did not help the dryness but it caused 3-4 whiteheads every day. never happened to me like this before. i stopped using it and reduced the amount of BP instead and right now i'm pretty much clear. maybe i just used too much of it but i decieded to stay away from it for now.

Reviewed on December 23, 2011

I spoke with my Derm regarding jojoba oil. She told me that it is slightly comedogenic. Most people can tolerate it, but those with super oily or extra sensitive skin may have problems. So, if you want to try it, apply it to a small area first, NOT your whole face. Try it out on that area for a good 3 to 4 weeks and if you're not breaking out then you can use it all over. It's a good method for trying all new products on acne prone skin. We're all different and it takes time to know what things work for you specifically. I personally can't use it without my chin and cheeks breaking out, but it may be fine for you.

Reviewed on December 13, 2011

I purchased jojoba oil because claims said it is so similar to the sebum(oil) naturally produced by your own skin that with continued use it can trick your skin into producing less pore-clogging oil. I had a brief purge effect (experienced a few pimples) two weeks into using it but have been extremely pleased so far. It is the best defense/cure for flakiness I experience after using harsh benzoyl peroxide. I believe it has had a regulatory effect on my oil glands and it leaves my skin very supply and glowing.

Reviewed on November 28, 2011

I had such high hopes for this one. After the third day I could feel little bumps but I figured I'd persist and give it time. Jojoba oil never broke me out, however it did clog my pores and caused many tiny blackheads to develop. It could be due to the fact that I have HUGE pores and oily skin. Maybe it seeped into my big pores and hardened up? Overall though it seems like it would be a good fit for others. Most oils and creams I put on my face (sunscreens included) break me out. The jojoba oil didn't have that effect and I think that says alot about it. I gave it three stars because it's been working well for me as a beard conditioner and body moisturizer. I've also made some scented body oils by adding patchouli and lavender to small bottles of jojoba. Great gift idea.

Reviewed on November 19, 2011

it hasnt completely cleared my mild acne however has made a massive difference in helping to keep my skin more consistently clear and when i do go through a break out phase its not half as bad as it used to be! Definitely the only product thats worked for me!!

Reviewed on October 28, 2011

Don't use it, its an oil and it will clog up your pores. Learn it the easy way or the hard way... Stick to an oil free gentle moisturizer.

Reviewed on October 7, 2011

I use 100% generic brand Jojoba oil and so far so good and it controls my dry skin after applying Benzamycin at night. However, it leaves my skin shiny and oily. I don't mind it at night but during the day time, I often have to lightly pat my face with a towel just to not look like I dipped my face in a bucket of liquid butter.

Reviewed on October 5, 2011

Bought this at [link removed] not the Acne.Org one. Great value for money, but it makes my face shiny, so I use very sparingly.

Reviewed on September 3, 2011

I have been on the regimen for a year and working well. For the past three weeks I decided to start using A LOT of jojoba in with Dan's moisturiser morning and evening to see how it worked for me.

After a few days I started breaking out a little with papules on my cheeks and some pustules on my chin. These seemed to take ages to heal and by the third week I was still breaking out. I have subsequently stopped using jojoba and my breakouts are subsiding, slowly but surely.

Bear in mind I was using LOADS, like 12 drops in with the moisturiser and maybe with this more isn't better, i.e. I may not have broken out if I had only used a couple of drops I don't know!

I'm guessing the skin can only absorb so much of the oil put on and the remainder will sit on the surface of the skin and make the skin feel oily. Maybe this extra oil attracts dirt and other airborne contaminates that will sit on the skin and can enter the pores which may have caused my breakout. Just racking my brains as to how something non-comodogenic could have broken me out.