Jojoba Oil

Average price: $10.10

Most helpful review

By Vivienne Guernsey on 01/16/2013
thumbnail

I use 6 drops of jojoba oil in my moisturiser morning and night. I use a little around my eyes and even on my lips. I love this stuff. I have even started using it as a body moisturiser when I come out of the shower. This stuff really took away the hard feeling tightness of my skin early in the regim and now allows me to use full BP dosage with comfort. Highly reccomend. Ps. I was very nervous about putting oil on my skin but this is the best skin product i have ever used. I live in Ireland so I use Holland and Barrets brand of oil. I have combined it with simple's oil free wash and moisturiser and my skin is completely spot free and my red marks are healing quickly. My face was quite bad at the start of Jan and honetly this routine has changed my life. I started using panoxyl BP because it was easily available at boots chemists. It was then discontinued and i was forced to by Dan's I was very nervous about switching but can honestly say Dan's is much better. Way less harsh on skin and does the job just aswell with less flakey skin..

Pros:
  • totally got rid of my flakey skin during first few weeks of the regime.
  • gave my skin back that natural glow that the harshness of BP had taken away.
  • Made my skin much softer.
  • Red Marks seem to disapear quickly
Cons:
  • none

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I love love love jojoba oil. It is the best makeup remover that I have found. I've tried any and every other drug store makeup remover, and even when others work well, my eyes always burn when using them. Not so with jojoba oil. They remove waterproof eye makeup so well, without burning or stinging them. Plus, the way I use it, it lasts me a long long time.

Honestly, I am so in love with all Dan Kern products. Not surprised that I would love this one too. And compared to other places that sell certified organic jojoba oil, this site can't be beat for the quality and amount. :)

Pros

• Great Makeup Remover
  • Organic
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Lasts a long time
  • Cheap considering other places

Cons

• Pricy compared to other products for similar uses
  • very light
  • for about a year
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love jojoba oil! I have had dry, sensitive skin for as long as I can remember and have gone through drugstore brand moisturizers to super fancy ones that would just irritate my skin, cause breakouts, and did nothing to help the dryness. In 2009 I was desperate for relief--my acne was worse than it had ever been, skin redder than a tomato and drier and flakier than a box of corn flakes. After having read hundreds of rave reviews right here on Acne.org, I shelled out ten bucks for a bottle of jojoba oil and never looked back.

Within the week I felt like I had a new face. I could open my mouth, smile, and move my eyebrows without getting flakes everywhere or feeling like I was turning into the Joker. Jojoba oil is one of the best products that has ever entered my life and that's no joke. I'm currently on Accutane and even now this stuff manages to keep my skin soft and moisturized.

It did not do anything to prevent or get rid of my acne, but I wasn't expecting it to do that. I bought this as a moisturizer, not as a cure for acne and I got my money's worth and more. Like some other people have said, jojoba oil can be slightly comedogenic and might not be ideal for everyone. I do think it's worth a shot, though.

Pros

• Moisturizing!
  • Very quick relief for dry, tight skin
  • Gets rid of flakiness
  • Not irritating
  • Did not worsen acne
  • Can use it all over the body (hair, lips, hands&feet, etc)
  • One bottle lasts a long time

Cons

• Sometimes smells kind of funny (to me, it shifts between coffee grounds and dog treats like Pupperoni!)
  • Leaves a sheen
  • Can get MESSY, the packaging is not really ideal so the oil tends to dribble out
  • Hit or miss: Holy Grail moisturizer for some but absolute rubbish for others
  • moderate
  • for more than a year

By on

feels great, works great!

great for removing make up. I massage into my face after a shower and after a few minutes wipe off any residue. leaves skin feeling soft, supple, fresh...ready for make up or au natural.

i have an olive skin tone and like to keep my skin care regimen simple and natural. i've used cetaphil (massage and wipe off) for years and not much else but sun block. jojoba seems to clear up small bumps and didn't cause breakouts. leaves skin feeling soft, skin tone looks more even, and no need for additional moisturizer.

dig it!

Pros

• all natural, cheap, moisturizes, evens skin tone, controls breakouts

Cons

• makes my bangs greasy if I don't tie back hair when applying
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

After using this once, I got at least 5 huge pimples in unusual areas on my face. I waited a week and used one more drop, and got the same reaction. While jojoba oil helped with the dry, flaky skin, it made it worse by giving me big red bumps. I used Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil, but I don't think the brand matters. This may work amazingly for some people, but for others with sensitive skin like me, you might want to stay away from it.

Pros

• Good moisturizer
  • Absorbs quickly

Cons

• Caused breakouts
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

what might work for me might not work for everyone but i use Desert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba Oil if that helps. it's not greasy or clogs up my pores. of course it's an oil and when i dab it on my face will be oily but my skin absorbs the product fast. i use a cotton so bacteria from my fingers won't be mixed with the oil and cause more breakouts. i do have very sensitive skin(combination skin) for those of you who are like me. i'd give it a try...it's worth it. i've tried a lot of stuff just to prevent breakouts but this seemed to help because it's not drying your skin...which is one of the reasons i break out from all that irritation...and at the same time it's helping to get rid of breakouts. a little goes a long way.

Pros

• moisturizes skin
  • leaves skin feeling smooth after
  • reduces breakouts
  • skin absorbs the oil fast..in a couple of hours you won't have the oily face appearance.

Cons

• it is oily....
  • shiny face appearance ( which is the main reason i put it on at night)
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 13
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Jojoba oil to me is like, something I can put on my skin that will not break me out, and will always mousturize my skin, it's like a back up cure all dryness oil.

It makes the acne.org mousterizer sink into my skin better and not being so 'yellow'

Pros

• Neutral
  • Doesn't evaporate, will always stay on
  • Highly moistening
  • Works very well

Cons

• Too much makes the skin shiny
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is supposed to be non-comedogenic but apparently not for my oily, extremely clog-prone skin. Grapeseed oil works better for me, without the breakouts and at a lower price.

Pros

• natural, doesn't smell odd, pretty cheap

Cons

• broke me out
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

the regimen made my skin extremely dry and flakey, so i did as recommended and started using jojoba oil every day. i feel like it did not help the dryness but it caused 3-4 whiteheads every day. never happened to me like this before. i stopped using it and reduced the amount of BP instead and right now i'm pretty much clear. maybe i just used too much of it but i decieded to stay away from it for now.

Pros

• natural, not too expensive

Cons

• may break you out
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I spoke with my Derm regarding jojoba oil. She told me that it is slightly comedogenic. Most people can tolerate it, but those with super oily or extra sensitive skin may have problems. So, if you want to try it, apply it to a small area first, NOT your whole face. Try it out on that area for a good 3 to 4 weeks and if you're not breaking out then you can use it all over. It's a good method for trying all new products on acne prone skin. We're all different and it takes time to know what things work for you specifically. I personally can't use it without my chin and cheeks breaking out, but it may be fine for you.

Pros

• Natural moisturizer. Inexpensive.

Cons

• As with most things, it's not for everyone.
  • moderate
  • inconsistently
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I purchased jojoba oil because claims said it is so similar to the sebum(oil) naturally produced by your own skin that with continued use it can trick your skin into producing less pore-clogging oil. I had a brief purge effect (experienced a few pimples) two weeks into using it but have been extremely pleased so far. It is the best defense/cure for flakiness I experience after using harsh benzoyl peroxide. I believe it has had a regulatory effect on my oil glands and it leaves my skin very supply and glowing.

Pros

• Does not clog my pores
  • Fights flakiness
  • All-day moisturizing
  • Smoothing

Cons

• Smells funky
  • expensive
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.