Page 3 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.2/5 - 343 reviews

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Reviewed on November 27, 2012

I'm a 19 year old female with mild hormonal acne. My main problem areas are my cheeks and next to my eyebrows. I used to get a lot of whiteheads there.

Duac is clearing me up wonderfully but it left my skin dry, flaking off, cracking, bright red, incredibly sensitive and sore and swollen. My normal moisturizer was causing more burning and pain and not stopping the flakes and tightness.

I was scared to try jojoba oil at first due to the negative reviews about experiencing initial breakouts. It's been just under a week now and I've not noticed any breakouts on my forehead, which is now 100% clear.

This product is actually a waxy ester, not an oil. It absorbs into my skin within five seconds of applying it and feels very light.

My skin is now soft, thicker and more supple. BP and jojoba oil really do go well together. When applied to wet hair before blow or air drying it gives your hair a lovely shine and softness.

Obviously not everybody's skin will react to the same product in the same way as we're all individuals, but I've had a marvellous experience with this. Don't be too afraid of trying new things; sometimes it's just what you were missing.

I use 100% pure, cold pressed jojoba oil. I only apply 1-2 drops each morning after watching and each night after applying the Duac. Using too much of anything could potentially make your acne worse as your skin needs to 'breathe' (in a sense).

*washing, not watching. My phone won't let me go back and correct it.

Reviewed on November 12, 2012

I never write reviews online but I felt compelled to write one about jojoba oil. I've had combination/oily skin for my entire life. I have huge pores on my nose, forehead and chin. I was having issues with acne on my jawline for years. About a week ago I read that benzoyl peroxide, the active ingredient in the face wash I was using, can make hyperpigmentation worse. That is one of the biggest issues I have...even when my pimples disappear, the spots left over can last for six months or longer. I've always been afraid to use oil on my skin and have used oil free moisturizers and products my entire life. But after reading reviews on jojoba oil, I decided to try it. I started using 4-5 drops as a facial moisturizer at night. It soaks in to my skin immediately, and I find that it leaves me looking less oily than when I use oil-free moisturizers. Usually I moisturize and find that within 10 or 20 minutes, I have little dots of oil coming up from all the pores in my nose and forehead. With jojoba oil, that doesn't happen at all. Ever. I started using it as a moisturizer in the morning as well for that reason. It seems counterintuitive but the oil makes me less oily. I did have an initial breakout from using this product of small whiteheads and even a couple of big monster zits, but I kept using the jojoba oil anyway, and the zits actually went away faster than when I would put layers of spot treatment on them. The jojoba oil actually dried the zits out within a day or two. Now my face is completely clear and the zits I had initially, for the first time in who knows how long, they didn't leave any hyperpigmentation behind. This product is not for everyone and I know some people had bad reactions to it but it is definitely worth a shot. I'll write another review in a month or so and let y'all know how it goes but after only a week I am very impressed with my skin. Even the pores on my nose look smaller already and I think I have less blackheads as well.

Reviewed on September 9, 2012

Have had acne on and off for 3 years since coming off the BCP. Was using Duac as a topical until I had a massive reaction to it this past winter and ended up with a destroyed acid mantle which became infected (4 kinds of antibiotics, be careful with BP) and then resulted in a severe breakout which lasted until I healed my skin with jojoba and very weak ACV compresses. Because my skin was so destroyed I can't say if I got an initial breakout or not but I could see a change in the unaffected areas of my face after about 3 weeks. My tips are...

* Buy a good quality, organic, cold pressed brand, a little goes a long way so it's a very cheap option.

* I never used more than the bare minimum it takes to cover my skin, pat it in and always tissue off the residue.

* I use it to take off my make up, removed with a very hot cloth. I use a couple of drops mixed with tea tree on the areas where I get worst breakouts.

* My skin is acne prone but mostly dry so I can't say how it would work with someone who has very oily skin. It does genuinely regulate the oil production across my oiler areas though.

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

My acne used to be pretty bad, moderate to moderately severe, which left tons of PIH and some light scarring. I've finally been able to clear up some of my acne with a holistic skin care regimen and decided to turn to the remnants of old acne. So, having heard excellent things about Jojoba, I decided to use it as a moisturizer. I got organic jojoba oil, but it may not have been first-pressed or unrefined (I figured organic = unrefined, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't, and it needs to be unrefined). For the first few days, I thought I'd hit the jackpot. But I got a terrible breakout by the end of the week--in places I NEVER got pimples. If classes weren't going to start so soon, I'd have definitely stuck with it to see if it was just the IB. I'm pretty sure it was IB because of the unusual places I broke out, and I'm sure this stuff is really a great thing if you've got time to let your skin purge, but if you've only got a few weeks, this might not be what you want to try. If my skin still looks iffy by next summer, I'll give it another shot. Now, I need to clear up my poor face again.

Reviewed on July 9, 2012

I don't recommend using this alone. I mix it up with aloe mostly aloe. Whip it up until it turns into a white lotiony substance, and use this as a moisturizer. This helps a lot sometimes I mix a few drops of tea tree oil as well but i dont do this regularly, about once a week. Aloe alone is too drying and jojoba alone is too oily for me but together they are both awesome.

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

Before using the oil I had light to moderate acne. After one week of using the jojoba I started to break out quite badly, loads of white heads and major clogged pores. I decided to wait it out encase this was the purging period. Used it for 6 weeks and my skin just became horrible. After I stopped for a week all of the inflammation had gone back down, but a month later I am still experiencing ridiculously clogged pores like nothing I have ever had before. Use with caution.

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I use jojoba oil after I exfoliate in the shower. I mix a tiny bit of it with two drops of lavender essential oil (medicinal grade) and gently massage it into my face. I do this less in the summer when my skin isn't as dry.

I love this oil because it blends right into the skin and it doesn't take much. I honestly don't know how much it prevents acne, but it helps with the inflammation because it's gentle and natural. It took me a long time to learn that a much simpler skincare routine is the best way to go. I used to look for that 'magic' product that would clear me up... and I never found it... on any drugstore shelf. In fact jojoba oil is really the only thing I use that comes in a bottle. I've been dealing with hormonal acne from coming off birth control, and only using natural products has given my skin the nutrients it needs to heal. Jojoba is a great oil, especially when mixed with essential oils. Rose, lavender, bergamot, and geranium are great oils that blend well with this as a base.

If you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin.

Reviewed on May 24, 2012

I love love love jojoba oil. It is the best makeup remover that I have found. I've tried any and every other drug store makeup remover, and even when others work well, my eyes always burn when using them. Not so with jojoba oil. They remove waterproof eye makeup so well, without burning or stinging them. Plus, the way I use it, it lasts me a long long time.

Honestly, I am so in love with all Dan Kern products. Not surprised that I would love this one too. And compared to other places that sell certified organic jojoba oil, this site can't be beat for the quality and amount. :)

Reviewed on April 25, 2012

I love jojoba oil! I have had dry, sensitive skin for as long as I can remember and have gone through drugstore brand moisturizers to super fancy ones that would just irritate my skin, cause breakouts, and did nothing to help the dryness. In 2009 I was desperate for relief--my acne was worse than it had ever been, skin redder than a tomato and drier and flakier than a box of corn flakes. After having read hundreds of rave reviews right here on Acne.org, I shelled out ten bucks for a bottle of jojoba oil and never looked back.

Within the week I felt like I had a new face. I could open my mouth, smile, and move my eyebrows without getting flakes everywhere or feeling like I was turning into the Joker. Jojoba oil is one of the best products that has ever entered my life and that's no joke. I'm currently on Accutane and even now this stuff manages to keep my skin soft and moisturized.

It did not do anything to prevent or get rid of my acne, but I wasn't expecting it to do that. I bought this as a moisturizer, not as a cure for acne and I got my money's worth and more. Like some other people have said, jojoba oil can be slightly comedogenic and might not be ideal for everyone. I do think it's worth a shot, though.

Reviewed on March 8, 2012

feels great, works great!

great for removing make up. I massage into my face after a shower and after a few minutes wipe off any residue. leaves skin feeling soft, supple, fresh...ready for make up or au natural.

i have an olive skin tone and like to keep my skin care regimen simple and natural. i've used cetaphil (massage and wipe off) for years and not much else but sun block. jojoba seems to clear up small bumps and didn't cause breakouts. leaves skin feeling soft, skin tone looks more even, and no need for additional moisturizer.

dig it!