Page 3 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.2/5 - 341 reviews

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Reviewed on September 9, 2012

Have had acne on and off for 3 years since coming off the BCP. Was using Duac as a topical until I had a massive reaction to it this past winter and ended up with a destroyed acid mantle which became infected (4 kinds of antibiotics, be careful with BP) and then resulted in a severe breakout which lasted until I healed my skin with jojoba and very weak ACV compresses. Because my skin was so destroyed I can't say if I got an initial breakout or not but I could see a change in the unaffected areas of my face after about 3 weeks. My tips are...

* Buy a good quality, organic, cold pressed brand, a little goes a long way so it's a very cheap option.

* I never used more than the bare minimum it takes to cover my skin, pat it in and always tissue off the residue.

* I use it to take off my make up, removed with a very hot cloth. I use a couple of drops mixed with tea tree on the areas where I get worst breakouts.

* My skin is acne prone but mostly dry so I can't say how it would work with someone who has very oily skin. It does genuinely regulate the oil production across my oiler areas though.

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

My acne used to be pretty bad, moderate to moderately severe, which left tons of PIH and some light scarring. I've finally been able to clear up some of my acne with a holistic skin care regimen and decided to turn to the remnants of old acne. So, having heard excellent things about Jojoba, I decided to use it as a moisturizer. I got organic jojoba oil, but it may not have been first-pressed or unrefined (I figured organic = unrefined, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't, and it needs to be unrefined). For the first few days, I thought I'd hit the jackpot. But I got a terrible breakout by the end of the week--in places I NEVER got pimples. If classes weren't going to start so soon, I'd have definitely stuck with it to see if it was just the IB. I'm pretty sure it was IB because of the unusual places I broke out, and I'm sure this stuff is really a great thing if you've got time to let your skin purge, but if you've only got a few weeks, this might not be what you want to try. If my skin still looks iffy by next summer, I'll give it another shot. Now, I need to clear up my poor face again.

Reviewed on July 9, 2012

I don't recommend using this alone. I mix it up with aloe mostly aloe. Whip it up until it turns into a white lotiony substance, and use this as a moisturizer. This helps a lot sometimes I mix a few drops of tea tree oil as well but i dont do this regularly, about once a week. Aloe alone is too drying and jojoba alone is too oily for me but together they are both awesome.

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

Before using the oil I had light to moderate acne. After one week of using the jojoba I started to break out quite badly, loads of white heads and major clogged pores. I decided to wait it out encase this was the purging period. Used it for 6 weeks and my skin just became horrible. After I stopped for a week all of the inflammation had gone back down, but a month later I am still experiencing ridiculously clogged pores like nothing I have ever had before. Use with caution.

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I use jojoba oil after I exfoliate in the shower. I mix a tiny bit of it with two drops of lavender essential oil (medicinal grade) and gently massage it into my face. I do this less in the summer when my skin isn't as dry.

I love this oil because it blends right into the skin and it doesn't take much. I honestly don't know how much it prevents acne, but it helps with the inflammation because it's gentle and natural. It took me a long time to learn that a much simpler skincare routine is the best way to go. I used to look for that 'magic' product that would clear me up... and I never found it... on any drugstore shelf. In fact jojoba oil is really the only thing I use that comes in a bottle. I've been dealing with hormonal acne from coming off birth control, and only using natural products has given my skin the nutrients it needs to heal. Jojoba is a great oil, especially when mixed with essential oils. Rose, lavender, bergamot, and geranium are great oils that blend well with this as a base.

If you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin.

Reviewed on May 24, 2012

I love love love jojoba oil. It is the best makeup remover that I have found. I've tried any and every other drug store makeup remover, and even when others work well, my eyes always burn when using them. Not so with jojoba oil. They remove waterproof eye makeup so well, without burning or stinging them. Plus, the way I use it, it lasts me a long long time.

Honestly, I am so in love with all Dan Kern products. Not surprised that I would love this one too. And compared to other places that sell certified organic jojoba oil, this site can't be beat for the quality and amount. :)

Reviewed on April 25, 2012

I love jojoba oil! I have had dry, sensitive skin for as long as I can remember and have gone through drugstore brand moisturizers to super fancy ones that would just irritate my skin, cause breakouts, and did nothing to help the dryness. In 2009 I was desperate for relief--my acne was worse than it had ever been, skin redder than a tomato and drier and flakier than a box of corn flakes. After having read hundreds of rave reviews right here on Acne.org, I shelled out ten bucks for a bottle of jojoba oil and never looked back.

Within the week I felt like I had a new face. I could open my mouth, smile, and move my eyebrows without getting flakes everywhere or feeling like I was turning into the Joker. Jojoba oil is one of the best products that has ever entered my life and that's no joke. I'm currently on Accutane and even now this stuff manages to keep my skin soft and moisturized.

It did not do anything to prevent or get rid of my acne, but I wasn't expecting it to do that. I bought this as a moisturizer, not as a cure for acne and I got my money's worth and more. Like some other people have said, jojoba oil can be slightly comedogenic and might not be ideal for everyone. I do think it's worth a shot, though.

Reviewed on March 8, 2012

feels great, works great!

great for removing make up. I massage into my face after a shower and after a few minutes wipe off any residue. leaves skin feeling soft, supple, fresh...ready for make up or au natural.

i have an olive skin tone and like to keep my skin care regimen simple and natural. i've used cetaphil (massage and wipe off) for years and not much else but sun block. jojoba seems to clear up small bumps and didn't cause breakouts. leaves skin feeling soft, skin tone looks more even, and no need for additional moisturizer.

dig it!

Reviewed on February 24, 2012

After using this once, I got at least 5 huge pimples in unusual areas on my face. I waited a week and used one more drop, and got the same reaction. While jojoba oil helped with the dry, flaky skin, it made it worse by giving me big red bumps. I used Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil, but I don't think the brand matters. This may work amazingly for some people, but for others with sensitive skin like me, you might want to stay away from it.

Reviewed on January 22, 2012

what might work for me might not work for everyone but i use Desert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba Oil if that helps. it's not greasy or clogs up my pores. of course it's an oil and when i dab it on my face will be oily but my skin absorbs the product fast. i use a cotton so bacteria from my fingers won't be mixed with the oil and cause more breakouts. i do have very sensitive skin(combination skin) for those of you who are like me. i'd give it a try...it's worth it. i've tried a lot of stuff just to prevent breakouts but this seemed to help because it's not drying your skin...which is one of the reasons i break out from all that irritation...and at the same time it's helping to get rid of breakouts. a little goes a long way.