Page 3 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 383 reviews

Jojoba Oil

unclogged my pores! and has healed my skin
Reviewed on September 5, 2015

I've recently started getting these really bad breakouts and a lot of bumps on my forehead, cheeks and chin area. I tried so many products including ones that were meant for acne which just made my skin irritated and breakouts worst. a friend told me that I should stop using products on my face all together and stick to a basic skin routine, and that helped so much. I stopped using moisturizers which I noticed were a huge cause for my breakouts. I steered clear of any oils even though I heard coconut oil was good. I only washed my face with purity cleanser & applied tea tree oil to acne prone areas. but my skin got super dry after I would wash it with just water, and I still had lots of clogged pores. after searching up stuff on the internet I heard jojoba oil was great for unclogging pores. I was sure that it would be something that wouldn't work for me and just cause more breakouts, but it didn't! my skin is completely smooth and areas where I used to have lots of clogged pores are completely cleared! I highly recommend using it as a cleanser for makeup too. I love it

by shxylah on 09/05/2015 23:09
I forgot to add that coconut oil broke me out when I tried it*^
by SlateStain on 05/10/2016 17:48
How long did it take to get rid of your bumps/clogged pore?
A very good moisturizing oil for the face!
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

This is one of my favorite oil moisturizers. It's light on the skin just put a few drops into your palm after you come out of the shower and apply it onto your face. The great thing about this oil is that it mimics your sebem so you pores don't overproduce oil that can make your face look greasy or shiny. A little goes a long way and this bottle will last a long time. I love that its a natural product

Not so sure...
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

I do believe that this could work for some people, but it will cause a purging period. I used it for a couple days, and I got a couple pimples from it and after discontinuing it, got new clogged pores a couple days after. I got so scared and dont plan on trying it again. It is worth a shot though, just didnt work out for me, unless that is the "purging period".

by Early2Rise on 02/16/2016 19:56
Unless you're using active's leg BHA AHA or retin A your skin doesn't purge. That's a myth. Actives cause you to purge because they speed up cell turnover a hobo oil does not do that.if you're breaking out while using it after a week...stop.
Clear skin for the first time in 7yrs
Reviewed on August 4, 2015

All I do is wash my face with a wash cloth (hot water when I shower, cold water any other time) one to two times per day and afterwards moisturize with a few drops of jojoba oil all over my face. I have had acne since I was 12 (I'm 19 now) and it had gotten a bit better with age but was showing no signs of being gone soon. I always said I would write a review if something finally worked for me this is that review! I can finally trust that my skin will be clear

Not good for acne prone skin
Reviewed on July 27, 2015

As an adult I rarely have any acneanymore. I started adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to my moisturizers, I even tried using it plain, and I mixed it with aloe vera gel to see if that would work. Regardless of what I tried I constantly was breaking out. I used it for two months to give it a thorough try. As soon as I stopped using it my acne cleared up. I've researched it some more and there are better oils to use, like hemp oil. Look up the comodegenic rating of an oil before you start putting it on your face. [link edited out] removed]

Manuka Oil and Jojoba Oil
Reviewed on July 10, 2015

I cannot stop enthusing about an acne lotion i git from amazon that has jojoba oil and manuka oil in it. This has been amaaazzinggg for me and my skin and I never thought I would say this but oil really does make your skin less oily.

Try this regimen
Reviewed on June 26, 2015

try mixing your jojoba oil. Do one ounce of jojoba oil 3 drops of lavender oil 3 drops of tea tree oil and 3 drops of lemon oil if you also have frankincense oil l, which is excellent for wrinkles 3 drops of this (essential oils) into a container shake it up rub it on your face at night do it once a day after you wash your face.

Really oily
Reviewed on May 28, 2015

Love the product but if you have oily skin it's not for you

not very moisturizing - prefer coconut oil
Reviewed on May 6, 2015

it is good because it doesn't sting my face or cause me any breakouts but as I am a regular user of tretinoin, I find that jojoba oil simply doesn't moisturize my skin enough for me to want to use it every day. The moisturized, silky feeling fades away pretty quickly and I also dislike the fact that I need to rub it in for a while because then my cheeks get really pink and warm (and stay that way for a while). I don't have this issue with coconut oil which goes on smoothly, can be applied gently and still feel absorbed, and moisturizes much better (and smells better too)

Absolute oil madness!
Reviewed on March 7, 2015

Okay so I have mild acne and my skin is the type that scars off a papercut (i'm really unlucky) I am allergic and breakout to about 9/10 products (anything w/ perfume, colour, oil etc) so basically due to this I'm left with a lot of scarring and hyperpigmentation.

I have used a mixture of Tretinoin 0.1% & Hydroquinone 4% for just over a year now to much success and my skin was finally clear for the first time in my life! I literally stopped wearing makeup I was soooo happy I could not even tell you. But my skin peels like crazy with tretinoin especially around my mouth and even with using Cetaphil moisturizer it was still peeling like a chameleon on some days.

I needed something to stop this peeling and it was getting really embarrassing when I was out in public and suddenly felt a 'peel' coming on. So I scoured the beloved Internet for a solution!

I was realllllly apprehensive when I read people were putting oil on their face, I thought it was completely wild. Annnyway after much research and trying EV cocunut oil (broke me out horribly) I thought I would try Jojoba because it's actually a wax not an oil and its so similar to our very own sebum etc. I ordered Desert Essence off Amazon as it's 100% pure and everyone was raving about it.

At first it was great and I was like 'finally!!!! A cure for my shedding snake skin!' Everything seemed to be great and I couldn't believe I was using oil on my face. I used 5 drops of a night time before bed; went to bed looking like the sheen Queen! And 1-2 drops of a morning with my sunscreen. Every thing was great.

FAST FORWARD 2 MONTHS, I'm sticking to the same regimen however I wake up to about 10 papules a DAY around my mouth (i've NEVER had this before) I also had really dry skin that wouldn't go away around my mouth along with the papules - I thought I was having a sudden bad reaction to my tretnoin so cut it out pronto. I continued to use jojoba (because in my head I thought it was fine) and STILL every day papules, dry skin and MORE papules in places I had NEVER had them (hairline, cheeks, ear) one day I woke up with one on my EYELID, just on my waterline (so gross and upsetting) I couldn't believe it and started googling Jojoba reactions to obviously find that i'm not the only one. Last night I turned in the Jojoba oil and used Cetaphil only like I used to.

My skin is back to being in tatters from all the new spots i've been getting I even got 2 big Cysts last week and I've only ever had one of those before and I'm 24. I'm devastated because it only takes one breakout for me to look like a pizza considering I am a medium brown colour and all my scarring is DARK. So to wrap this up, the jojoba oil is in the Sin Bin as of now because all of a sudden my skin just started rejecting it, so tbh i'm over the whole oil fad because it only does bad things for my face. I'll keep you all updated!

by misslivy on 05/29/2015 05:43
Have you tried exfoliating? When my skin gets flaky (harsh treatment or changing seasons) I make a scrub: 1 part honey, 1 part water, 2 parts baking soda; scrub very gently on affected areas or use on entire face for a face mask that helps tighten pores, hope this helps!
by misslivy on 05/29/2015 05:43
by LadyTam on 07/18/2015 03:34
DO NOT PUT BAKING SODA ON YOUR FACE!!! Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it's good for your skin. Even in baking, we use only a very tiny amount to help with rising. My suggestion: If you haven't seen a dermatologist, do so A. S. A. P., because it sounds like there's more going on with your skin than just typical acne. But seriously, ESPECIALLY if you have skin that's that sensitive, DO NOT USE BAKING SODA ON YOUR FACE!! You can substitute sugar and get the same result.
by Sausagedog on 05/30/2016 09:35
Stop! What you are describing is a skin condition called peri oral dermatitis. It is a common condition that is seen mainly in women and is thought to be caused by products that are too heavy and oily! You need to stop using the oil completely or at least cut it back drastically. Go see your dermatologist! If it doesn't go away, you may need to start treatment. DO NOT PUT BAKING SODA on your face!!