Jojoba Oil

Average price: $10.10

Most helpful review

By kalebattle on 01/16/2013
thumbnail

I use 6 drops of jojoba oil in my moisturiser morning and night. I use a little around my eyes and even on my lips. I love this stuff. I have even started using it as a body moisturiser when I come out of the shower. This stuff really took away the hard feeling tightness of my skin early in the regim and now allows me to use full BP dosage with comfort. Highly reccomend. Ps. I was very nervous about putting oil on my skin but this is the best skin product i have ever used. I live in Ireland so I use Holland and Barrets brand of oil. I have combined it with simple's oil free wash and moisturiser and my skin is completely spot free and my red marks are healing quickly. My face was quite bad at the start of Jan and honetly this routine has changed my life. I started using panoxyl BP because it was easily available at boots chemists. It was then discontinued and i was forced to by Dan's I was very nervous about switching but can honestly say Dan's is much better. Way less harsh on skin and does the job just aswell with less flakey skin..

Pros:
  • totally got rid of my flakey skin during first few weeks of the regime.
  • gave my skin back that natural glow that the harshness of BP had taken away.
  • Made my skin much softer.
  • Red Marks seem to disapear quickly
Cons:
  • none

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

Make sure to not use too much and 100% organic will NOT clog up your pores. This really nursed my skin back to health.

Pros

• Makes skin feel balanced and elastic
  • Packed full of antioxidants
  • Only need 1 drop for your entire face
  • Doesn't clog pores
  • Reduces inflammation
  • Reduces sebum production
  • Stops irritation from Benzoyl Peroxide in its tracks

Cons

• Easy to use way too much
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• totally got rid of my flakey skin during first few weeks of the regime.
  • gave my skin back that natural glow that the harshness of BP had taken away.
  • Made my skin much softer.
  • Red Marks seem to disapear quickly

Cons

• none
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Very good when used at night, mixed with your normal product, but defiantly not for use during the day, it's too shiny.

This helps a lot to prevent my skin from being dry! highly recommended!

Pros

• Help a lot with dryness
  • Feels very good
  • Makes skin feel fresh and soft
  • Helps with effect of BP

Cons

• Cannot use during day / too shiny
  • sits on skin, not absorbed
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I'm a 19 year old female with mild hormonal acne. My main problem areas are my cheeks and next to my eyebrows. I used to get a lot of whiteheads there.

Duac is clearing me up wonderfully but it left my skin dry, flaking off, cracking, bright red, incredibly sensitive and sore and swollen. My normal moisturizer was causing more burning and pain and not stopping the flakes and tightness.

I was scared to try jojoba oil at first due to the negative reviews about experiencing initial breakouts. It's been just under a week now and I've not noticed any breakouts on my forehead, which is now 100% clear.

This product is actually a waxy ester, not an oil. It absorbs into my skin within five seconds of applying it and feels very light.

My skin is now soft, thicker and more supple. BP and jojoba oil really do go well together. When applied to wet hair before blow or air drying it gives your hair a lovely shine and softness.

Obviously not everybody's skin will react to the same product in the same way as we're all individuals, but I've had a marvellous experience with this. Don't be too afraid of trying new things; sometimes it's just what you were missing.

I use 100% pure, cold pressed jojoba oil. I only apply 1-2 drops each morning after watching and each night after applying the Duac. Using too much of anything could potentially make your acne worse as your skin needs to 'breathe' (in a sense).

*washing, not watching. My phone won't let me go back and correct it.

Pros

• Got rid of the flakes from Duac (BP and topical antibiotic combo) when combined with regular exfoliation.
  • Gave me back the soft skin I had as a 13 year old.
  • Brightened up my very pale complexion.
  • Absorbs instantly.
  • Doesn't require much each use.
  • 100% natural.
  • Doesn't break me out - not even on my neck, which is acne free naturally but freaks out when anything but water touches it normally.
  • Can be used to make hair soft and shiny.

Cons

• Not much - £5 is kind of expensive for a small bottle (50ml), but natural products are known for being costly.
  • light
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I never write reviews online but I felt compelled to write one about jojoba oil. I've had combination/oily skin for my entire life. I have huge pores on my nose, forehead and chin. I was having issues with acne on my jawline for years. About a week ago I read that benzoyl peroxide, the active ingredient in the face wash I was using, can make hyperpigmentation worse. That is one of the biggest issues I have...even when my pimples disappear, the spots left over can last for six months or longer. I've always been afraid to use oil on my skin and have used oil free moisturizers and products my entire life. But after reading reviews on jojoba oil, I decided to try it. I started using 4-5 drops as a facial moisturizer at night. It soaks in to my skin immediately, and I find that it leaves me looking less oily than when I use oil-free moisturizers. Usually I moisturize and find that within 10 or 20 minutes, I have little dots of oil coming up from all the pores in my nose and forehead. With jojoba oil, that doesn't happen at all. Ever. I started using it as a moisturizer in the morning as well for that reason. It seems counterintuitive but the oil makes me less oily. I did have an initial breakout from using this product of small whiteheads and even a couple of big monster zits, but I kept using the jojoba oil anyway, and the zits actually went away faster than when I would put layers of spot treatment on them. The jojoba oil actually dried the zits out within a day or two. Now my face is completely clear and the zits I had initially, for the first time in who knows how long, they didn't leave any hyperpigmentation behind. This product is not for everyone and I know some people had bad reactions to it but it is definitely worth a shot. I'll write another review in a month or so and let y'all know how it goes but after only a week I am very impressed with my skin. Even the pores on my nose look smaller already and I think I have less blackheads as well.

Pros

• Moisturizing
  • Not oily
  • Balances facial oil
  • All natural
  • Minimizes pores
  • Dries out pimples for some weird reason
  • Helps get rid of blackheads

Cons

• Initial breakout
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Have had acne on and off for 3 years since coming off the BCP. Was using Duac as a topical until I had a massive reaction to it this past winter and ended up with a destroyed acid mantle which became infected (4 kinds of antibiotics, be careful with BP) and then resulted in a severe breakout which lasted until I healed my skin with jojoba and very weak ACV compresses. Because my skin was so destroyed I can't say if I got an initial breakout or not but I could see a change in the unaffected areas of my face after about 3 weeks. My tips are...

* Buy a good quality, organic, cold pressed brand, a little goes a long way so it's a very cheap option.

* I never used more than the bare minimum it takes to cover my skin, pat it in and always tissue off the residue.

* I use it to take off my make up, removed with a very hot cloth. I use a couple of drops mixed with tea tree on the areas where I get worst breakouts.

* My skin is acne prone but mostly dry so I can't say how it would work with someone who has very oily skin. It does genuinely regulate the oil production across my oiler areas though.

Pros

• Properly moisturises skin, doesn't just sit on top and clog my pores like every single moisturiser I've ever used in the past.
  • Use it to take my make up off and moisturise.
  • Lasts for ages, a 100ml bottle by Fushi Wellbeing costs me £7.95 and lasts for 4 months using it twice daily.
  • Helped heal my skin after a horrific experience with Duac.

Cons

• No major ones for me personally. I think the quality makes a huge difference so get the best you can find.
  • It's not the best under oil free foundation, I have to do a lot of blotting with tissue and make sure I apply it at least 10 mins before make up!
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My acne used to be pretty bad, moderate to moderately severe, which left tons of PIH and some light scarring. I've finally been able to clear up some of my acne with a holistic skin care regimen and decided to turn to the remnants of old acne. So, having heard excellent things about Jojoba, I decided to use it as a moisturizer. I got organic jojoba oil, but it may not have been first-pressed or unrefined (I figured organic = unrefined, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't, and it needs to be unrefined). For the first few days, I thought I'd hit the jackpot. But I got a terrible breakout by the end of the week--in places I NEVER got pimples. If classes weren't going to start so soon, I'd have definitely stuck with it to see if it was just the IB. I'm pretty sure it was IB because of the unusual places I broke out, and I'm sure this stuff is really a great thing if you've got time to let your skin purge, but if you've only got a few weeks, this might not be what you want to try. If my skin still looks iffy by next summer, I'll give it another shot. Now, I need to clear up my poor face again.

Pros

• makes skin look and feel plump
  • moisturizing
  • feels good

Cons

• made me break out like crazy
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 15
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I don't recommend using this alone. I mix it up with aloe mostly aloe. Whip it up until it turns into a white lotiony substance, and use this as a moisturizer. This helps a lot sometimes I mix a few drops of tea tree oil as well but i dont do this regularly, about once a week. Aloe alone is too drying and jojoba alone is too oily for me but together they are both awesome.

Pros

• helps with inflammation

Cons

• very oily
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Before using the oil I had light to moderate acne. After one week of using the jojoba I started to break out quite badly, loads of white heads and major clogged pores. I decided to wait it out encase this was the purging period. Used it for 6 weeks and my skin just became horrible. After I stopped for a week all of the inflammation had gone back down, but a month later I am still experiencing ridiculously clogged pores like nothing I have ever had before. Use with caution.

Pros

• Makes your skin nice and soft.

Cons

• Totally ruined my face.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use jojoba oil after I exfoliate in the shower. I mix a tiny bit of it with two drops of lavender essential oil (medicinal grade) and gently massage it into my face. I do this less in the summer when my skin isn't as dry.

I love this oil because it blends right into the skin and it doesn't take much. I honestly don't know how much it prevents acne, but it helps with the inflammation because it's gentle and natural. It took me a long time to learn that a much simpler skincare routine is the best way to go. I used to look for that 'magic' product that would clear me up... and I never found it... on any drugstore shelf. In fact jojoba oil is really the only thing I use that comes in a bottle. I've been dealing with hormonal acne from coming off birth control, and only using natural products has given my skin the nutrients it needs to heal. Jojoba is a great oil, especially when mixed with essential oils. Rose, lavender, bergamot, and geranium are great oils that blend well with this as a base.

If you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin.

Pros

• Natural
  • Oil closest to human skin oil
  • soothing
  • moisturizing
  • Easy
  • Doesn't take much

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.