Page 2 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 380 reviews

Jojoba Oil

Love it for its moisturizing ability
Reviewed on May 10, 2016

I love jojoba oil, I use it to moisturize usually in the night time and I just gently pat a bit all over my face, and then i put a good amount under my eyes because I think keeping that super moisturized can really the under eye area and reduce like fine lines and bags and stuff. Another tip for makeup users who have combination or dry skin, or want a dewy look. Put a few drops of it onto your makeup brush before applying foundation, or onto your beauty blender, or mix it with the makeup. It leaves a beautiful finish especially if you're like me and live in cold climates and you need that extra moisture in your makeup.

I also believe since I have started using this everyday I have seen a slight difference in my acne scars, they appear less visible.

Gets rid of clogged pores!
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

I use this as my night moisturizer and I have seen a big improvement on my clogged pores. They are almost gone now.

Great but not on its own
Reviewed on April 21, 2016

I started using jojoba as a natural option of moisturising at night, first off I experienced that it neither made my acne better or worse. However, I felt the rest of my face really glowed. Its a lovely moisturiser! The two important parts:

1. Massage! I feel this was the part that was most important. I spent at least 10 minutes massaging the oil into my skin, which was relaxing and of course helps blood flow and absorbtion.

2. Add other "active" oils to it. You will get more from it. Lavender, clary oil and of course tea tree are good options. Im now adding a few drops of tea tree to my jojoba and I feel it is a much nicer way of using it then neat as I ususlly do with tea tree.

Give it a go! But remember jojoba is not actually an acne treatment.

by Dannytys on 05/17/2016 18:37
I have to disagree with it not being an acne treatment actually. I have tried product after product after product for my severe acne and since moisturizing with jojoba oil on its own, it has been the only thing that has cleared and kept my breakouts away. I guess everyone is different though. Works wonders for my acne.
don't rely on jojoba!
Reviewed on February 20, 2016

Throughout my life I have been very cautious about my skin and always

thought I was looking after it. I have never suffered from acne or even had a bad breakout on my face, I had acne on my shoulders due to the pill & I usually got one or two spots when menstruating, but they disappeared once my period was over. However, over the past year i've noticed that my skin looks as if it's been scrubbed raw! It's not painful just very pigmented. I've been wearing less make up and avoided manmade skin products (apart from one) because of all of the harmful chemicals in them and have found a skincare routine which so far (5 months in) has been fabulous 😊

Jojoba oil is a great moisturiser. It mimics the skins natural oils which prevents the skin from over-oiling. It's also great for hair etc. and is a natural product which is even better. However, you mustn't rely on it as your only skincare product otherwise you will break out. After speaking with my dermatologist, she recommended cetaphil to use alongside jojoba oil, which works a treat! Cetaphil is a manmade moisturising product, the only difference is that it's there to restore moisture into your skin and keep it well hydrated whilst deep cleansing your pores and creating a barrier against acne.

I would recommend cetaphil along with jojoba as it has made my skin look and feel amazing!

by Relaxedcow on 04/29/2016 18:47
Do you use the gentle or daily cetaphil cleanser?
not for oily skin
Reviewed on February 16, 2016

i have really oily skin and i think it clogged my pored and caused breakouts i wouldnt recommend it for oily skin

by User516068 on 03/18/2016 14:10
That's what it is supposed to do... There's a "purging" period
don't see anything but soothing skin
Reviewed on September 22, 2015

I apply jojoba oil on my face before i go to bed with hopeful intention that will reduce residual oil and acnes on it . At first, it causes me few pimples on my cheeks and my chin. i'm very dissapointed but still sticking with it for a while .It does'n help preventing or healing acnes but if you look for a natural moisturising , you've got the great deal

Not for me...
Reviewed on September 7, 2015

I was excited to try this and was really disappointed. I had originally bought it to help with my crazy oily skin, and reduce hyper pigmentation. I tried it for a few days and broke out, I kept using it because I thought it was a purge, it just kind of stuck around, It didn't get any worse or any better. Plus my skin was still as oily as ever.. I didn't like how it felt putting oil on my already oily face.. I stopped using it after a week or so and my skin cleared within 2 days. Oh well.. I do use it in my hair and it makes it SUPER soft so I guess if it doesn't work on your face use a little in your hair.

unclogged my pores! and has healed my skin
Reviewed on September 5, 2015

I've recently started getting these really bad breakouts and a lot of bumps on my forehead, cheeks and chin area. I tried so many products including ones that were meant for acne which just made my skin irritated and breakouts worst. a friend told me that I should stop using products on my face all together and stick to a basic skin routine, and that helped so much. I stopped using moisturizers which I noticed were a huge cause for my breakouts. I steered clear of any oils even though I heard coconut oil was good. I only washed my face with purity cleanser & applied tea tree oil to acne prone areas. but my skin got super dry after I would wash it with just water, and I still had lots of clogged pores. after searching up stuff on the internet I heard jojoba oil was great for unclogging pores. I was sure that it would be something that wouldn't work for me and just cause more breakouts, but it didn't! my skin is completely smooth and areas where I used to have lots of clogged pores are completely cleared! I highly recommend using it as a cleanser for makeup too. I love it

by shxylah on 09/05/2015 23:09
I forgot to add that coconut oil broke me out when I tried it*^
by SlateStain on 05/10/2016 17:48
How long did it take to get rid of your bumps/clogged pore?
A very good moisturizing oil for the face!
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

This is one of my favorite oil moisturizers. It's light on the skin just put a few drops into your palm after you come out of the shower and apply it onto your face. The great thing about this oil is that it mimics your sebem so you pores don't overproduce oil that can make your face look greasy or shiny. A little goes a long way and this bottle will last a long time. I love that its a natural product

Not so sure...
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

I do believe that this could work for some people, but it will cause a purging period. I used it for a couple days, and I got a couple pimples from it and after discontinuing it, got new clogged pores a couple days after. I got so scared and dont plan on trying it again. It is worth a shot though, just didnt work out for me, unless that is the "purging period".

by Early2Rise on 02/16/2016 19:56
Unless you're using active's leg BHA AHA or retin A your skin doesn't purge. That's a myth. Actives cause you to purge because they speed up cell turnover a hobo oil does not do that.if you're breaking out while using it after a week...stop.