Page 2 of Jojoba Oil reviews

4.2/5 - 339 reviews

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Breaks me out.. Bummer.
Reviewed on July 4, 2013

I got a bunch of ultra-clogged pores from this "non-comedogenic" oil. Grape seed oil is a much better alternative.

I tried jojoba oil for cleaning my makeup off BEFORE a cleanser, and you would think that it wouldn't clog as many pores as it did but MAN was it terrible!!

Great for combination skin
Reviewed on June 23, 2013

I've been blessed with acne and a greasy skin as well as dry patches and flakes. So it's really hard to find a product that addresses both problems. I really like jojoba oil because it doesn't clog my pores, doesn't break me out and it works well for the flaky areas. I really like the fact that it's an all natural product as well, no chemical ingrediƫnts but full of antioxidants. I use Retin-a a lot and jojoba oil is the one thing that helped me get elastic and glowy skin in stead of flaky and wrinkly skin from Retin-a. I use the jojoba oil from Now Foods and buy it on iHerb, best quality and price I could find. If you use the discount code UPU014 at the check out you even get a 10$ of your first purchase, so it's practically free the first time. Try it.

Horrible skin
Reviewed on June 4, 2013

Didn't worked for me... and now i have a terrible face :(

by Beral on 04/10/2014 09:46
I am also using jojoba oil for 1 week now. I am so disappointed due to I have more acne, more red, more sore (can't even sleep on my sides, cause my face hurt), more yellow "stuff" which, by the way is soooo yuck now. I would not recommend someone using the oil, due to what happened to me. I'm so sorry to give you this feedback.
Reviewed on February 2, 2013

Make sure to not use too much and 100% organic will NOT clog up your pores. This really nursed my skin back to health.

Reviewed on January 16, 2013

I use 6 drops of jojoba oil in my moisturiser morning and night. I use a little around my eyes and even on my lips. I love this stuff. I have even started using it as a body moisturiser when I come out of the shower. This stuff really took away the hard feeling tightness of my skin early in the regim and now allows me to use full BP dosage with comfort. Highly reccomend. Ps. I was very nervous about putting oil on my skin but this is the best skin product i have ever used. I live in Ireland so I use Holland and Barrets brand of oil. I have combined it with simple's oil free wash and moisturiser and my skin is completely spot free and my red marks are healing quickly. My face was quite bad at the start of Jan and honetly this routine has changed my life. I started using panoxyl BP because it was easily available at boots chemists. It was then discontinued and i was forced to by Dan's I was very nervous about switching but can honestly say Dan's is much better. Way less harsh on skin and does the job just aswell with less flakey skin.

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

Very good when used at night, mixed with your normal product, but defiantly not for use during the day, it's too shiny.

This helps a lot to prevent my skin from being dry! highly recommended!

Reviewed on November 27, 2012

I'm a 19 year old female with mild hormonal acne. My main problem areas are my cheeks and next to my eyebrows. I used to get a lot of whiteheads there.

Duac is clearing me up wonderfully but it left my skin dry, flaking off, cracking, bright red, incredibly sensitive and sore and swollen. My normal moisturizer was causing more burning and pain and not stopping the flakes and tightness.

I was scared to try jojoba oil at first due to the negative reviews about experiencing initial breakouts. It's been just under a week now and I've not noticed any breakouts on my forehead, which is now 100% clear.

This product is actually a waxy ester, not an oil. It absorbs into my skin within five seconds of applying it and feels very light.

My skin is now soft, thicker and more supple. BP and jojoba oil really do go well together. When applied to wet hair before blow or air drying it gives your hair a lovely shine and softness.

Obviously not everybody's skin will react to the same product in the same way as we're all individuals, but I've had a marvellous experience with this. Don't be too afraid of trying new things; sometimes it's just what you were missing.

I use 100% pure, cold pressed jojoba oil. I only apply 1-2 drops each morning after watching and each night after applying the Duac. Using too much of anything could potentially make your acne worse as your skin needs to 'breathe' (in a sense).

*washing, not watching. My phone won't let me go back and correct it.

Reviewed on November 12, 2012

I never write reviews online but I felt compelled to write one about jojoba oil. I've had combination/oily skin for my entire life. I have huge pores on my nose, forehead and chin. I was having issues with acne on my jawline for years. About a week ago I read that benzoyl peroxide, the active ingredient in the face wash I was using, can make hyperpigmentation worse. That is one of the biggest issues I have...even when my pimples disappear, the spots left over can last for six months or longer. I've always been afraid to use oil on my skin and have used oil free moisturizers and products my entire life. But after reading reviews on jojoba oil, I decided to try it. I started using 4-5 drops as a facial moisturizer at night. It soaks in to my skin immediately, and I find that it leaves me looking less oily than when I use oil-free moisturizers. Usually I moisturize and find that within 10 or 20 minutes, I have little dots of oil coming up from all the pores in my nose and forehead. With jojoba oil, that doesn't happen at all. Ever. I started using it as a moisturizer in the morning as well for that reason. It seems counterintuitive but the oil makes me less oily. I did have an initial breakout from using this product of small whiteheads and even a couple of big monster zits, but I kept using the jojoba oil anyway, and the zits actually went away faster than when I would put layers of spot treatment on them. The jojoba oil actually dried the zits out within a day or two. Now my face is completely clear and the zits I had initially, for the first time in who knows how long, they didn't leave any hyperpigmentation behind. This product is not for everyone and I know some people had bad reactions to it but it is definitely worth a shot. I'll write another review in a month or so and let y'all know how it goes but after only a week I am very impressed with my skin. Even the pores on my nose look smaller already and I think I have less blackheads as well.

Reviewed on September 9, 2012

Have had acne on and off for 3 years since coming off the BCP. Was using Duac as a topical until I had a massive reaction to it this past winter and ended up with a destroyed acid mantle which became infected (4 kinds of antibiotics, be careful with BP) and then resulted in a severe breakout which lasted until I healed my skin with jojoba and very weak ACV compresses. Because my skin was so destroyed I can't say if I got an initial breakout or not but I could see a change in the unaffected areas of my face after about 3 weeks. My tips are...

* Buy a good quality, organic, cold pressed brand, a little goes a long way so it's a very cheap option.

* I never used more than the bare minimum it takes to cover my skin, pat it in and always tissue off the residue.

* I use it to take off my make up, removed with a very hot cloth. I use a couple of drops mixed with tea tree on the areas where I get worst breakouts.

* My skin is acne prone but mostly dry so I can't say how it would work with someone who has very oily skin. It does genuinely regulate the oil production across my oiler areas though.

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

My acne used to be pretty bad, moderate to moderately severe, which left tons of PIH and some light scarring. I've finally been able to clear up some of my acne with a holistic skin care regimen and decided to turn to the remnants of old acne. So, having heard excellent things about Jojoba, I decided to use it as a moisturizer. I got organic jojoba oil, but it may not have been first-pressed or unrefined (I figured organic = unrefined, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't, and it needs to be unrefined). For the first few days, I thought I'd hit the jackpot. But I got a terrible breakout by the end of the week--in places I NEVER got pimples. If classes weren't going to start so soon, I'd have definitely stuck with it to see if it was just the IB. I'm pretty sure it was IB because of the unusual places I broke out, and I'm sure this stuff is really a great thing if you've got time to let your skin purge, but if you've only got a few weeks, this might not be what you want to try. If my skin still looks iffy by next summer, I'll give it another shot. Now, I need to clear up my poor face again.