Jojoba Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 385 reviews

Oil Cleanse
Reviewed on February 11, 2017

I recently switched to the oil cleansing method using only jojoba oil and I will never wash my face any other way! There is no need to moisturize after I wash anymore, and my face is less oily throughout the day. This is truly the best thing I have ever stumbled upon.

A big surprise for me!!!
Reviewed on January 30, 2017

I never thought that with my acne I would be reviewing an oil, having been told my entire life to stay away from oils as they were bad for my oily skin. However last year I heard about OCM and bought a bottle of jojoba oil. Within one use my skin looked better. I then started using it as a moisturiser. I thought it would make me break out but it actually kept the acne at bay. It even helped my acne heal. My skin looks less oily now using an oil than it did when I did not use it.

Works!
Reviewed on December 24, 2016

I started using jojoba oil mixed with argan oil after months of continuous breakouts. For the first two weeks, it didn't seem to be doing anything to my skin. In fact, from the looks of it, I thought it was making my skin worse! But after the initial purging phase, my skin drastically cleared up and has been clear ever since. Just make sure you get organic and 100% pure so you aren't putting any other ingredients on your face.

Less is more
Reviewed on December 21, 2016

I had combination oily acne prone skin and I have been using jojoba oil on the face and neck for 6 months now. It is amazing at hydrating the skin. The key is to use one very light pump of jojoba oil (no bigger than a small pea size), rub between hands onto four fingers (this helps eliminate too much product) and then gently but firmly pat into the skin of face and neck. You do not want to rub this oil onto skin nor do you want to use a lot of it. a little bit goes a long way and patting will allow the oil to penetrate the skin best. Hope this helps.

didn't do much
Reviewed on December 16, 2016

I have very greasy skin that's also flaky. I get all types of acne on my face, mainly blackheads and on the rare occasion some cysts. I tried jojoba oil bc I heard it mimics the natural sebum oil produced by the face and is supposed to lessen oil production. This didn't make my acne any worse (thank god) but for my skin type it's an awful moisturizer. It didn't help with the flakiness and my skin would be so oily it looked wet by the end of the day. I don't think my skin was fully absorbing the jojoba oil. Also, the way it mixed with my concealer/foundation/powder made my skin look rough in the t-zone. Jojoba oil might be better for someone with skin that is not flaky/crusty and not prone to whiteheads.

by happydrummer on 02/18/2017 18:48
How long were you using it for? Your face is used to producing an excess amount of oil, but with the jojoba's sebum like qualities, it will tell your skin you have enough and the natural production will balance out. Just need to stick with it daily and long term!
Very disappointed on jojoba oil....
Reviewed on November 30, 2016

I've had acne since a very young age and been struggling with it for pretty much my whole life. And I also have oily skin... I used the one from Now Foods. Thought jojoba oil could finally be the thing that works besides proactiv... But NO!! It did nothing but makes my face even worse... My face was quite clam before i started using jojoba oil, with just one or two pimples occasionally.... After just 2 or 3 weeks of use, my face broke out madly... Unlike any other pimples before... It broke out in my forehead and chin areas, not just one or two pimples, but a big patch of pimples all crawl out at once... which are so awfully to look at... The situation is not f even tho I've already stopped using jojoba oil for a month... I really hope someone can tell me how to deal with these horrible acnes cus I'll go to my best fd's wedding next month... :-(:-(

by DaisyTown on 12/10/2016 05:59
Try (Epsom Salt)... this kind of salt take out toxins from the body and see the reviews for yourself in this site. Huge benefits!
by happydrummer on 02/18/2017 18:53
Try using an apple cider vinegar spot treatment or diluted with water as an astringent! Just wash the spot treatment off after 20-30 minutes. Also, try washing your face with honey. I wouldn't give up on the jojoba. Switching to natural products usually will bring out the bad stuff before it gets better!
Moisturizer
Reviewed on November 2, 2016

I use 3-4 drops as a moisturizer twice a day after washing, cleansing, and applying green tea ( I only do this in the morning). It makes my skin feel soft. Not dry, not oily. Soft.

controls oil
Reviewed on September 5, 2016

so for everyone saying that it broke them out-- its supposed to. Jojoba oil has a purge phase much like other acne treatments, and it comes in the form of ugly whiteheads and red pimples. however, this goes away soon enough. Ive been using dessert essence's jojoba, moringa, and rosehip oil as a moisturizer for about 2 or 3 months. I used to use a heavy cera-ve cream but i realized that this was not good for my EXTREMELY oily skin. now, 3 months later, my oily skin has almost gone away COMPLETELY and now i have basically normal skin. the chemical makeup of jojoba oil is very similar to that of sebum, so it tricks the skin into thinking it has produced enough. over time, you can train your skin to produce less and less oil. i use this after i wash my face twice daily, and i swear by it! i will never use another moisturizer again.

Good
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

I use this as a makeup remover and a moisturizer, heals my skin!

Boswellic Acid for Acne Instead
Reviewed on July 28, 2016

I heard Jojoba helps but years ago I only saw it made it worst. I know Boswellic Acid is excellent for acne treatments. I use a product called Desert Lavender by Emerald Cove Botanicals and it contains a high concentration of boswellic acid since it is a pure extract and not pills that don’t really work. I mainly use it for arthritis but my friend has used it on her daughter and it removed her acne overnight. The best part is that it is natural with no preservatives or chemicals, which is only a big deal if you rather use natural products. You can look in the national center for biotechnology information site and see the countless medical studies on boswellic acid. [link edited out]