Jojoba Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 348 reviews
Jojoba Oil

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic), and a supportive community.

Jojoba Oil

not very moisturizing - prefer coconut oil
Reviewed on May 6, 2015

it is good because it doesn't sting my face or cause me any breakouts but as I am a regular user of tretinoin, I find that jojoba oil simply doesn't moisturize my skin enough for me to want to use it every day. The moisturized, silky feeling fades away pretty quickly and I also dislike the fact that I need to rub it in for a while because then my cheeks get really pink and warm (and stay that way for a while). I don't have this issue with coconut oil which goes on smoothly, can be applied gently and still feel absorbed, and moisturizes much better (and smells better too)

Absolute oil madness!
Reviewed on March 7, 2015

Okay so I have mild acne and my skin is the type that scars off a papercut (i'm really unlucky) I am allergic and breakout to about 9/10 products (anything w/ perfume, colour, oil etc) so basically due to this I'm left with a lot of scarring and hyperpigmentation.

I have used a mixture of Tretinoin 0.1% & Hydroquinone 4% for just over a year now to much success and my skin was finally clear for the first time in my life! I literally stopped wearing makeup I was soooo happy I could not even tell you. But my skin peels like crazy with tretinoin especially around my mouth and even with using Cetaphil moisturizer it was still peeling like a chameleon on some days.

I needed something to stop this peeling and it was getting really embarrassing when I was out in public and suddenly felt a 'peel' coming on. So I scoured the beloved Internet for a solution!

I was realllllly apprehensive when I read people were putting oil on their face, I thought it was completely wild. Annnyway after much research and trying EV cocunut oil (broke me out horribly) I thought I would try Jojoba because it's actually a wax not an oil and its so similar to our very own sebum etc. I ordered Desert Essence off Amazon as it's 100% pure and everyone was raving about it.

At first it was great and I was like 'finally!!!! A cure for my shedding snake skin!' Everything seemed to be great and I couldn't believe I was using oil on my face. I used 5 drops of a night time before bed; went to bed looking like the sheen Queen! And 1-2 drops of a morning with my sunscreen. Every thing was great.

FAST FORWARD 2 MONTHS, I'm sticking to the same regimen however I wake up to about 10 papules a DAY around my mouth (i've NEVER had this before) I also had really dry skin that wouldn't go away around my mouth along with the papules - I thought I was having a sudden bad reaction to my tretnoin so cut it out pronto. I continued to use jojoba (because in my head I thought it was fine) and STILL every day papules, dry skin and MORE papules in places I had NEVER had them (hairline, cheeks, ear) one day I woke up with one on my EYELID, just on my waterline (so gross and upsetting) I couldn't believe it and started googling Jojoba reactions to obviously find that i'm not the only one. Last night I turned in the Jojoba oil and used Cetaphil only like I used to.

My skin is back to being in tatters from all the new spots i've been getting I even got 2 big Cysts last week and I've only ever had one of those before and I'm 24. I'm devastated because it only takes one breakout for me to look like a pizza considering I am a medium brown colour and all my scarring is DARK. So to wrap this up, the jojoba oil is in the Sin Bin as of now because all of a sudden my skin just started rejecting it, so tbh i'm over the whole oil fad because it only does bad things for my face. I'll keep you all updated!

More breakouts
Reviewed on February 26, 2015

Just one more thing that did not work for me. I am now battling acne and wrinkles. Does anyone know of a moisturizer I can use? I have tried so many.

by MysticCrystal on 04/24/2015 04:26
Rose hip seed oil is great
by SpaceBlues on 05/06/2015 17:38
tretinoin gets rid of and prevents both
bad
Reviewed on January 22, 2015

Brought it from amazon caused more breakouts on my face and places where I never even had spots at ffs omg been to using it for 4-5 days now

clogged my pores
Reviewed on December 22, 2014

it was good once i first started using this to mix with my moisturizer, but when i kept using it , i started to get new pimples. when i stopped using the jojoba oil i haven't gotten any new pimple

not for me
Reviewed on November 30, 2014

First time day using this it was great. Over the next 2 days I had little white pimples. And two huge red inflamed things. Not happy, guess I'll keep trying. Hopefully this acne stage goes away soon.

Perfect companion to any drying medication.
Reviewed on October 30, 2014

One thing I've learned in this acne battle, you can't treat acne when skin is overly dry or worse burnt. Drying medication can torture your skin like that, rob moisture from your skin leaving it with scars, discoloration and very painful acne infested skin. I have used retin-A which made it so difficult to smile or laugh since it stretches your skin when it's super dry. I have also used benzoyl peroxide which can leave you burns if you used as spot treatment and not in moderation. Let's admit it the sight of pimple makes you want to burn the pimple and go crazy with medication. At least I have so many darn times. Moisturizer helps but the addition of jojoba oil does wonders! Moisturizer is easy to spread when mixed with jojoba oil and seems easier to be absorbed by my skin. I use Regimen moisturizer from the big kit so one pump of that plus one tiny drop of jojoba oil, also from this site is now part of my morning and night routine. I mix them on my palm with my finger and viola! Spreads so easy and you feel it working instantaneously! It's amazing to see your face glow even when you've used some BP the night before. I apply moisturizer/jojoba oil mix on top of very thinly spread BP. I don't need BP as much anymore. Regimen saved my face and back! So I had to try this jojoba oil :). I don't have any problem with the container maybe because I'm careful about putting a drop. You don't need to be uber generous with the jojoba oil a single drop makes a big difference already so I think it's a good buy. I will certainly buy again and recommend to my sister.

LESS IS MORE
Reviewed on October 9, 2014

i have oily skin, 2-3 weekly pustules and rarely cysts..

I manage my acne with BP and AHA 8% and I find jojoba oil to be a good moisturizer for my irritated skin, and a good carrier for the treatment products..

I think the key is to use only 3-4 drops for the entire face, when your skin is dry and flaky because of bp, aha and retinoid..

If your face isn't dry, mix it with 2-3 drops of water first.

I use it for 2 months now and it hasn't broke me out

Perfect
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

For men i recomend to use it before shave, massage your beard with the jojoba oil and then apply your shave cream it leaves your face smooth and beautiful after the shave! Plus add it in your daily moisturizer cream for a better hidratation

Generally improved my skin
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

I have super dry (obviously) acne prone skin. A really fantastic combination, right? I also get to deal with moderate acne as well. I've always struggled with my skin and finding ways to improve my face without using tons of harsh chemicals and such. My skin has always also caused me troubles whenever applying foundation as we'll because basically no matter what I did my foundation would end up looking flakey and gross after a few hours. After buying jojoba oil from the vitamin shoppe I was a little nervous since almost everything makes me break out and nothing ever helps my skin. I believe it has helped my skin greatly. My skin texture is no longer super bumpy and gross and it looks so much smoother and almost glowing. It has also helped in tandem with a nightly honey mask to reduce redness and my scars don't look quite as noticeable. I use this to also remove my makeup at the end of the day. I'm a night-showerer so I use this to remove makeup, shower, leave on my face for at least 5 minutes, wash off, use honey, wash off after at least 10 minutes and reapply the jojoba oil before I go to bed. I don't use a whole lot- just about a nickel sized amount. I also usually let it set in for a few minutes at least before I kind of oil-blot my face and then go to bed and use it once again in the morning for my makeup. It may seem a little excessive but it has helped my skin so much. In combination with jojoba oil and layering on my foundation mixed with some moisturizer, I've found the secret to keeping my skin fairly flake free. I haven't broken out hardly at all since using this (although it's been only about 2-3ish weeks). I think this has transformed my skin. I realize this product is not for everyone but for those with dry, flakey, acne prone skin it might do the job. Hopefully my decent skin lasts because I now feel somewhat comfortable walking outside without applying makeup. My skin is so much softer and I don't feel greasy or dry or anything. I do recommend this product to anyone with similar issues.