Jojoba Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 378 reviews

controls oil
Reviewed on September 5, 2016

so for everyone saying that it broke them out-- its supposed to. Jojoba oil has a purge phase much like other acne treatments, and it comes in the form of ugly whiteheads and red pimples. however, this goes away soon enough. Ive been using dessert essence's jojoba, moringa, and rosehip oil as a moisturizer for about 2 or 3 months. I used to use a heavy cera-ve cream but i realized that this was not good for my EXTREMELY oily skin. now, 3 months later, my oily skin has almost gone away COMPLETELY and now i have basically normal skin. the chemical makeup of jojoba oil is very similar to that of sebum, so it tricks the skin into thinking it has produced enough. over time, you can train your skin to produce less and less oil. i use this after i wash my face twice daily, and i swear by it! i will never use another moisturizer again.

Good
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

I use this as a makeup remover and a moisturizer, heals my skin!

Boswellic Acid for Acne Instead
Reviewed on July 28, 2016

I heard Jojoba helps but years ago I only saw it made it worst. I know Boswellic Acid is excellent for acne treatments. I use a product called Desert Lavender by Emerald Cove Botanicals and it contains a high concentration of boswellic acid since it is a pure extract and not pills that don’t really work. I mainly use it for arthritis but my friend has used it on her daughter and it removed her acne overnight. The best part is that it is natural with no preservatives or chemicals, which is only a big deal if you rather use natural products. You can look in the national center for biotechnology information site and see the countless medical studies on boswellic acid. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

didn't work for me.
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

This doesn't work on my face as a moisturizer. I read about people using it to massage into their pores and then rinsing..it was supposed to loosen clogged pores or somehing I guess..didn't work for me...left my skin looking quite strange and broke me out. Its good as a scalp treatment tho.

Not for me.
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

Been using jojoba oil for the past week or two and it has done nothing but make me break out horribly. Huge red painful acne and whiteheads EVERYWHERE. I was so excited to try this product out but it did nothing but make me face look worse. Anyone know why it didn't work for me? I have oily prone skin already so that might be it.

Didn't make any difference.
Reviewed on June 27, 2016

I used this for quite a bit - at least 3-4 months, consistently - mixed with my moisturizer at night. Overall it really didn't do much of anything for my skin, acne or scars. My face was still just as oily in the t-zone and just as dry on my chin, so it didn't have the "balancing" effect on oil production that people claim it has (I don't really believe in that anyway...). It didn't make me break out more, but it didn't help either. I didn't like the way it felt on my skin either, it just felt so greasy and sticky. It only absorbed into the dry areas - the oily areas were just grease city. When I would lay down my face would feel sticky on the pillow, even thought I only mixed like 2-3 drops in with the moisturizer. I kept using it because everyone raves about it, but I eventually just stopped using it because it wasn't doing anything except make my face look like an oil sheet before going to bed. I'm much happier just using a regular moisturizer at night.

nice
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

I use it as a body oil, putting a little on after my shower, while my skin is still wet. It soaks in amazingly well and I am left with super soft and moisturized skin. I also add a few drops of different essential oils as well, so it smells lovely.

not for me
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

doesnt control oil at all, and doesn't do any of what it claims to do.

Love it for its moisturizing ability
Reviewed on May 10, 2016

I love jojoba oil, I use it to moisturize usually in the night time and I just gently pat a bit all over my face, and then i put a good amount under my eyes because I think keeping that super moisturized can really the under eye area and reduce like fine lines and bags and stuff. Another tip for makeup users who have combination or dry skin, or want a dewy look. Put a few drops of it onto your makeup brush before applying foundation, or onto your beauty blender, or mix it with the makeup. It leaves a beautiful finish especially if you're like me and live in cold climates and you need that extra moisture in your makeup.

I also believe since I have started using this everyday I have seen a slight difference in my acne scars, they appear less visible.

Gets rid of clogged pores!
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

I use this as my night moisturizer and I have seen a big improvement on my clogged pores. They are almost gone now.