Johnson's Neosporin + Pain Relief reviews

4.5/5 - 56 reviews

Brand: Johnson's

Bacitracin Zinc (Bacitracin Zinc), Neomycin Sulfate (Neomycin), Polymyxin B Sulfate (Polymyxin B), Pramoxine Hydrochloride (Pramoxine).

Petrolatum.

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief, Maximum Strength, First Aid Antibiotic Cream, .5 oz
updated: 10/26/2014 04:33 UTC

Perfect for scabs!
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I'm a compulsive pimple-popper and scab-picker, and this is the only thing that has EVER cleared up my scabs and scars. Plus it has a nice moisturizing side-effect. Will heal a gaping red scab overnight! I prefer the cream neosporin because it absorbs into my skin better than the ointment. However, if I apply too much to clear skin, it can trap my facial sweat/oil and cause a small breakout.

Necessary.
Reviewed on July 4, 2014

I don't have full-blown acne, but I do get 1-4 hormonal cysts a month. They don't last very long, but they ALWAYS leave terrible hyper-pigmentation. I'm very pale, and my skin is slow to heal - the smallest cut will scar. My cysts don't even have to form whiteheads to scar; just the redness will turn brown and stay on my face for months. Even peels don't help. I used this a few weeks ago for the first time and was shocked that I hadn't tried it beforeā€¦ Neosporin works wonders on cuts for me; why hadn't I tried it on facial scars? After using too much BP on a cyst which left it red and scaly, I applied Neosporin to the spot overnight. The next day was amazing - the healing process had sped up ten-fold, and a dry piece of brown skin just slid off the spot, revealing a fresh layer of only slightly pigmented skin. I applied raw honey for the next few days - now, there's absolutely NO remaining pigmentation. Just fantastic.

Reviewed on January 28, 2013

A must have for when I am having hormonal cystic breakouts. I use it as my moisturizer for a few days and it heals my skin.

Reviewed on August 13, 2012

This is the best treatment I know for popped pimples and the resulting scabs. I don't use it regularly as prevention but it's great for treatment of existing wounds. I know it's much better to leave them alone but sometimes I just can't and when I'm left with a scab, this is what I use to heal it.

My skin is very prone to scarring and this seems to help prevents scars as much as possible.

I keep applying it 3+ times a day, including with a band-aid for overnight, until 2-3 days after the redness/infected look has gone, then I switch to vitamin E oil to heal the scab.

Reviewed on May 14, 2012

quickens the process of big, red, inflamed acne and aids in the prevention of infection.

a must have item for popped pimples

Reviewed on May 1, 2012

If your a picker, or you just can't help but to pop that ugly zit, this is for you!!

I have good skin. I don't breakout, I don't have a ton of pimples, and my skin is literally as soft as a baby's bottom. But occasionally, I do get the odd pimple on my face. And when I do.. OH DAMN! I pick at it!

I used to have clear, even skin, but now it's covered in scars! Neosporin sped up the healing time of the picked areas, and after ONE NIGHT I saw the minor scars disappear completely.

It never broke me out at all and it was very moisturizing. Try it. You'll be amazed! :)

Reviewed on April 9, 2012

i was reading threw here and it seemed alot of people had good thing to say about using this. so I desided i try it since i have the worst time with over the counter thing working.

I would use it every night before i'd go to bed on zit that i hadnt popped yet and it really didnt seem to do anyhting for them lest not that i could tell.

so i gave up with that and popped them and started using them on zit that i had pop. I'm a bad picker so the faster i could get them to heal the better. and it did a really good job it keep be from picking at them as much and it help heal them faster. i would deff try this if ur a picker.

Reviewed on March 24, 2012

i used to get small pimples all over my face, and now i get only a few pimple, which is nice, all except they are much larger and much redder! my friend suggested this to me, to put a dab of neosporin/polysporin on the pimple and cover it with a little "dot" band-aid. it works perfectly! it takes the redness and also the size of the pimple down a few notches. i use this if i get a pimple when i have an event coming up. it works really fast!

Reviewed on December 28, 2011

This works better than anything else that I use. I don't like BP because it irritates my extremely dry sensitive skin, even when I use it with a moisturizer. This dramatically reduces swelling when I apply it to a cyst within a few hours(I typically apply before bed). It speeds the healing process up, and I never have to pop the cyst, so there is no chance of scarring. It also works great on popped pimples and cysts to heal the aftermath. I typically just use the generic because it works as well as name brand triple anti-biotics. It does look disgusting, so you can't really wear it out in public.

Reviewed on December 28, 2011

This stuff is amazing! ive tried to get rid of my acne for a year. My acne was predominantly on my cheeks. I think the reason why it worked so well in my case is because i am a picker. We all know that picking gives you scars and spreads bacteria. So i learnt the appropriate way to pick a pimple (sterilised needle etc) and when i was done i'd put a thin layer of neosporin over the top. I've used this for one month at night and now i rarely get breakouts. Any i do get (probably because of makeup) heal quickly with no scarring.

If you couple neosporin with the correct exfoliating/cleansing techniques you will be targeting two of the causes of acne (bacteria and clogged pores)

I cleanse with a gentle cleanser. Exfoliate every 2-3 days with St Ives apricot scrub using the olay cleansing system (cheapy version of clarasonic) and i eat well and have cut out dairy and sugar.

I'm now going to be doing a series of chemical peels to clear up any left over scars and PIH.

Neosporin heals soo quickly and I'm a poor healer! This is a Godsend!