Johnson's Neosporin + Pain Relief reviews

4.5/5 - 59 reviews

Brand: Johnson's

Johnson's Neosporin + Pain Relief

Bacitracin Zinc (Bacitracin Zinc), Neomycin Sulfate (Neomycin), Polymyxin B Sulfate (Polymyxin B), Pramoxine Hydrochloride (Pramoxine).

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief, Maximum Strength, First Aid Antibiotic Cream, .5 oz
updated: 10/13/2015 21:35 UTC
$5.75 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Johnson's Neosporin + Pain Relief

Have it on my bathroom counter all the time
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

Definitely a lifesaver for scabs and scars that are left over from pimples. I wouldn't say that Neo should be used on acne, but the aftermath of our acne is when this thing should be broken out. Really speeds up the healing process and is smooth, not irritating and stays on for a while. Always have one on hand!

Reviewed on May 5, 2015

This ointment is amazing at healing acne, but DO NOT use this as an acne treatment. Let me tell you why. If you use this ointment frequently or over large areas of the body (i.e. all over your face), it messes with your skin's natural bacteria communities (notice the warnings on the tube). It can also cause bacterial resistance in the "bad" bacteria on your face. The reason why this ointment works is not due to the fact that it is an antibiotic or a pain reliever. The secret is in the inactive ingredient: white petrolatum. This is basically a form of petroleum jelly (a.k.a Vaseline). Its emollient properties form a barrier to protect skin and keep it moisturized, which is why it helps your acne heal much faster than normal. A lot of people also claim that it helps prevent and reduce scarring. When I was growing up, I always thought petroleum jelly would clog up all the pores on my face, so I never even gave it a chance. However, white petrolatum has been thoroughly researched and proven to be non-comedogenic. Feel free to look at the reviews for Vaseline on this website. If you are interested in buying Vaseline or another brand of petroleum jelly, make sure to check the ingredients for white petrolatum. My recommendation for use is to use this at night before bed. Make sure to wash your face first, and remember that you don't have to use a lot. Best wishes!

Wonderful help
Reviewed on November 17, 2014

Heals inflamed spots that are taking forever to heal! Ive had significant improvement literally overnight. Definately worth a try where all else has failed.

Perfect for scabs!
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I'm a compulsive pimple-popper and scab-picker, and this is the only thing that has EVER cleared up my scabs and scars. Plus it has a nice moisturizing side-effect. Will heal a gaping red scab overnight! I prefer the cream neosporin because it absorbs into my skin better than the ointment. However, if I apply too much to clear skin, it can trap my facial sweat/oil and cause a small breakout.

Reviewed on July 4, 2014

I don't have full-blown acne, but I do get 1-4 hormonal cysts a month. They don't last very long, but they ALWAYS leave terrible hyper-pigmentation. I'm very pale, and my skin is slow to heal - the smallest cut will scar. My cysts don't even have to form whiteheads to scar; just the redness will turn brown and stay on my face for months. Even peels don't help. I used this a few weeks ago for the first time and was shocked that I hadn't tried it beforeā€¦ Neosporin works wonders on cuts for me; why hadn't I tried it on facial scars? After using too much BP on a cyst which left it red and scaly, I applied Neosporin to the spot overnight. The next day was amazing - the healing process had sped up ten-fold, and a dry piece of brown skin just slid off the spot, revealing a fresh layer of only slightly pigmented skin. I applied raw honey for the next few days - now, there's absolutely NO remaining pigmentation. Just fantastic.

Reviewed on January 28, 2013

A must have for when I am having hormonal cystic breakouts. I use it as my moisturizer for a few days and it heals my skin.

Reviewed on August 13, 2012

This is the best treatment I know for popped pimples and the resulting scabs. I don't use it regularly as prevention but it's great for treatment of existing wounds. I know it's much better to leave them alone but sometimes I just can't and when I'm left with a scab, this is what I use to heal it.

My skin is very prone to scarring and this seems to help prevents scars as much as possible.

I keep applying it 3+ times a day, including with a band-aid for overnight, until 2-3 days after the redness/infected look has gone, then I switch to vitamin E oil to heal the scab.

Reviewed on May 14, 2012

quickens the process of big, red, inflamed acne and aids in the prevention of infection.

a must have item for popped pimples

Reviewed on May 1, 2012

If your a picker, or you just can't help but to pop that ugly zit, this is for you!!

I have good skin. I don't breakout, I don't have a ton of pimples, and my skin is literally as soft as a baby's bottom. But occasionally, I do get the odd pimple on my face. And when I do.. OH DAMN! I pick at it!

I used to have clear, even skin, but now it's covered in scars! Neosporin sped up the healing time of the picked areas, and after ONE NIGHT I saw the minor scars disappear completely.

It never broke me out at all and it was very moisturizing. Try it. You'll be amazed! :)

Reviewed on April 9, 2012

i was reading threw here and it seemed alot of people had good thing to say about using this. so I desided i try it since i have the worst time with over the counter thing working.

I would use it every night before i'd go to bed on zit that i hadnt popped yet and it really didnt seem to do anyhting for them lest not that i could tell.

so i gave up with that and popped them and started using them on zit that i had pop. I'm a bad picker so the faster i could get them to heal the better. and it did a really good job it keep be from picking at them as much and it help heal them faster. i would deff try this if ur a picker.