Johnson's Neosporin + Pain Relief reviews

4.5/5 - 54 reviews

Brand: Johnson's

Bacitracin Zinc (Bacitracin Zinc), Neomycin Sulfate (Neomycin), Polymyxin B Sulfate (Polymyxin B), Pramoxine Hydrochloride (Pramoxine).

Petrolatum.

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief, Maximum Strength, First Aid Antibiotic Cream, .5 oz
updated: 04/20/2014 00:31 UTC

Reviewed on January 28, 2013

A must have for when I am having hormonal cystic breakouts. I use it as my moisturizer for a few days and it heals my skin.

Reviewed on August 13, 2012

This is the best treatment I know for popped pimples and the resulting scabs. I don't use it regularly as prevention but it's great for treatment of existing wounds. I know it's much better to leave them alone but sometimes I just can't and when I'm left with a scab, this is what I use to heal it.

My skin is very prone to scarring and this seems to help prevents scars as much as possible.

I keep applying it 3+ times a day, including with a band-aid for overnight, until 2-3 days after the redness/infected look has gone, then I switch to vitamin E oil to heal the scab.

Reviewed on May 14, 2012

quickens the process of big, red, inflamed acne and aids in the prevention of infection.

a must have item for popped pimples

Reviewed on May 1, 2012

If your a picker, or you just can't help but to pop that ugly zit, this is for you!!

I have good skin. I don't breakout, I don't have a ton of pimples, and my skin is literally as soft as a baby's bottom. But occasionally, I do get the odd pimple on my face. And when I do.. OH DAMN! I pick at it!

I used to have clear, even skin, but now it's covered in scars! Neosporin sped up the healing time of the picked areas, and after ONE NIGHT I saw the minor scars disappear completely.

It never broke me out at all and it was very moisturizing. Try it. You'll be amazed! :)

Reviewed on April 9, 2012

i was reading threw here and it seemed alot of people had good thing to say about using this. so I desided i try it since i have the worst time with over the counter thing working.

I would use it every night before i'd go to bed on zit that i hadnt popped yet and it really didnt seem to do anyhting for them lest not that i could tell.

so i gave up with that and popped them and started using them on zit that i had pop. I'm a bad picker so the faster i could get them to heal the better. and it did a really good job it keep be from picking at them as much and it help heal them faster. i would deff try this if ur a picker.

Reviewed on March 24, 2012

i used to get small pimples all over my face, and now i get only a few pimple, which is nice, all except they are much larger and much redder! my friend suggested this to me, to put a dab of neosporin/polysporin on the pimple and cover it with a little "dot" band-aid. it works perfectly! it takes the redness and also the size of the pimple down a few notches. i use this if i get a pimple when i have an event coming up. it works really fast!

Reviewed on December 28, 2011

This works better than anything else that I use. I don't like BP because it irritates my extremely dry sensitive skin, even when I use it with a moisturizer. This dramatically reduces swelling when I apply it to a cyst within a few hours(I typically apply before bed). It speeds the healing process up, and I never have to pop the cyst, so there is no chance of scarring. It also works great on popped pimples and cysts to heal the aftermath. I typically just use the generic because it works as well as name brand triple anti-biotics. It does look disgusting, so you can't really wear it out in public.

Reviewed on December 28, 2011

This stuff is amazing! ive tried to get rid of my acne for a year. My acne was predominantly on my cheeks. I think the reason why it worked so well in my case is because i am a picker. We all know that picking gives you scars and spreads bacteria. So i learnt the appropriate way to pick a pimple (sterilised needle etc) and when i was done i'd put a thin layer of neosporin over the top. I've used this for one month at night and now i rarely get breakouts. Any i do get (probably because of makeup) heal quickly with no scarring.

If you couple neosporin with the correct exfoliating/cleansing techniques you will be targeting two of the causes of acne (bacteria and clogged pores)

I cleanse with a gentle cleanser. Exfoliate every 2-3 days with St Ives apricot scrub using the olay cleansing system (cheapy version of clarasonic) and i eat well and have cut out dairy and sugar.

I'm now going to be doing a series of chemical peels to clear up any left over scars and PIH.

Neosporin heals soo quickly and I'm a poor healer! This is a Godsend!

Reviewed on December 22, 2011

Unfortunately, I am one of the unlucky people who are sensitive to the ingredient in neosporin, and I developed a big red area when I applied it to my popped pimple :( But it did help to heal it.

Reviewed on September 8, 2011

I haven't used neosporin on unpopped pimples, but it's great to use it to heal the popped ones. Whenever I have a pimple that has come to a whitehead, I steam my face and then use two q-tips to pop the zit. Then I use an alcohol swab to quickly clean the popped pimple, only for like 3 seconds. Then I dab neosporin on another q-tip, and apply it on the wound. Put a bandaid over that, and the next morning, it's healed and basically gone. I only do this before I go to bed or I'm lounging around the house.