Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash reviews

4.5/5 - 43 reviews

Brand: Johnson's

Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

Johnson's Baby Head-To-Toe Baby Wash, 28 Ounces
updated: 05/30/2016 22:30 UTC
Johnson's Baby Head-to-Toe Baby Wash, Original Formula, 15 fl oz
updated: 05/30/2016 22:30 UTC

nice
Reviewed on May 24, 2016

Nice to see I'm not the only person to discover this. :) It does fine at removing makeup, doesn't break me out or dry me out, and the price can't be beat. It's at least as good as Purpose face wash.

great!
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

I really appreciate this product. It works well for my sensitive skin. I use it as a body wash, and haven't had any problems.

love it
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

I love this stuff! What else can you use to wash your face, body, hair, children, AND makeup brushes?

It is soo soothing and effective and does NOT cause breakouts! It removes all my eye makeup and I love that it does not sting my eyes! It's gentle at cleansing my face and absolutely does not leave a dry/tight feeling.

This is an excellent, all purpose cleanser that is mild!

Less is more!
Reviewed on February 28, 2016

I have used this for over 5 years now, as a face and body wash - I love a multitasker. I had suffered from acne from my teenage years through to my mid twenties. The more specific 'acne' products I used, the worse my skin got. I decided to try this after reading some positive reviews about it on the forums here. Since I began using it, I no longer suffer from acne. I'm afraid I can't remember how long it took for all my acne to clear up but now I would go as far as to say I have 'good' skin. It's brilliant stuff. I urge you to throw away all of those medicated products promoted to reduce acne that just seem to contribute to the problem and try this instead. This makes no promises, just cleans your skin. Plus it's cheap and you can use it for everything if you wanted to. I use it only in the evening now to wash off my make up before bed. In the morning I just use water, sometimes with a wash cloth. Having recently made the realisation that my skin is now better than I'd ever hoped it would be, I thought I would come back to acne.org to do some reviews in the hope that my reviews will help you, like others helped me. Good luck!

After 25 years..+sensitive skin
Reviewed on May 22, 2015

I have tried EVERYTHING. I've had scaring acne since grade 5 and have continued for years up to 25 years old. I started using the baby shampoo for eye makeup on a q tip. I thought, hey that works very good... Let me tell you. I've tried, toners. Lotions. Serum. Masks. Prescription. Gels. Pastes. Alcohol based facial pads. Wipes. Oils. Extracts. DIY from Pinterest. Dermatologist micro dermabrasion. ECt. Everything has either broke me out, dried my skin to painful scales and swelling, hives, oily, or zero change at all. I SWEAR. So one day in the shower I ran out of my facial cleanser I had been using. So I decided to use the baby shampoo !!!!! I've got extremely picky and sensitive skin. Everything I listed. Did not happen. Perfect skin compared to my usual break outs. Used a toner after and the pad was clean!! Unlike using the other products before. I'm SO impressed my severe acne has subsided by a very impressive rate!!!!!!!!!! I will likely always use baby shampoo FOR EVER now.

Jessicas Head-to-Toe Baby Wash Review
Reviewed on July 5, 2014

This consumer product may be one of the most known and popular product used on babies. It’s the iconic yellow bottle of Johnson and Johnson baby body wash that is a typical present given at any baby shower. Mothers try to do the best they can for their children and they tend to be overprotective. They trust other mother’s opinions and if other mothers are using this product then why wouldn’t they use it as well, right? Well this product should not be something passed down to other mothers.

Babies’ skin is very soft and sensitive. Certain products like this one can cause rough dry patches and rashes on your child’s body. There should be no harsh chemicals in contact with their delicate skin. Mothers need to be aware of this before they decide to bathe their precious little ones in this harmful soap. Johnson and Johnsons Head-to-Toe wash has a lot of potentially dangerous chemicals in it.

This baby body wash can cause skin to dry out. This is due to all the harsh chemicals such as formaldehyde and other parabens. Head-to-Toe wash smells amazing. But if you read the ingredients then you will see the word “fragrance”, which could be containing even more harmful chemicals. So in the end, the good smell is not worth risking your child’s health.

Head-to-Toe soap is a product found in almost every home. Its yellow bottle with the “no more tears” logo on it has become one of the most popular household items that parents own. This is due to all the campaigning put into this popular product. The price is very reasonable which also could be a reason it’s a top selling baby product. If you were to compare this soap to any others at stores, this one will most likely be the most reasonable deal. It’s no wonder buyers continue purchasing this soap.

Johnson and Johnsons baby soap allows mothers to use this product all over their babies body during a bath, which is convenient. You will no longer need a separate shampoo and body wash if you just purchase this 2 in 1 bottle. New mothers are always in a rush so this convenience only attracts more buyers. Many people are unaware of this products potentially dangerous side effect. That is due to all the commercials and market campaigning that this Head-to-Toe wash has been put through.

There are many other baby body washes out there for the typical consumer to choose from. The Honest Company is an up and coming company that makes baby products, including their “Honest Shampoo + Baby Wash”. This soap is a more organic option to use on your baby. It uses none of those harsh chemicals that the Head-to-Toe wash contains. The Honest Companies baby wash nourishes and hydrates the soft and sensitive skin that babies are born with. It may be a little more expensive than the Johnson and Johnson soap, but it is worth it.

After using this product on my baby, I will never use it again. Head-to-Toe baby wash has done nothing but dry out my son’s skin and has caused some rashes. It is not a good household product to own. I am sure that if mothers research this soap they will stop using it, just as I did. Be sure that at the next baby shower you attend, you don’t give this Johnson and Johnson baby wash to the new mother as a gift.

by nyeholt2 on 09/24/2014 16:09
I have used this product for almost 5yrs. Neither of my kids have every broken out in a trash or anything from this. Don't try telling other moms that your experience is typical, cause its not. Not all babies are sensitive to this wash. I also use this as face wash so I would recommend this product to everyone.
by SiriBai on 01/09/2015 17:21
This is a really long post, using a lot of words to say very little.
by Human Doing on 05/10/2015 10:06
What kind of didactic nonsense is this? I used this on my daughter and have used it myself for years. Don't speak for everyone, your opinion is not fact.
by Cheekymonkeymama on 07/22/2015 02:11
My son and my friend's son both get rashes from J&J soap. It's not for everyone.
Great product for already clear skin
Reviewed on June 30, 2014

This product is ideal for individuals with sensitive, easily irritated skin, however only for those whom are NOT battling an acne breakout. I began using this product after using a string of cleansers in order to treat a really bad breakout, which in turn had caused my skin to react. After baby wash, my skin calmed down, and eventually my face cleared up. This is definitely a great product because of the affordable price tag, although would not recommend for clearing up acne or a breakout as it contains no ingredients targeted to do so. Rather it's a nice and gentle way of cleansing on a daily basis for those whom have relatively clear skin and would like to keep it that way.

Aveeno Baby body wash and shampoo is better
Reviewed on January 22, 2014

I tried the Aveeno Baby body wash and shampoo and was delighted with the results. My skin was soft, smooth and not tight feeling. It does not contain SLS as the regular Johnson's Head to Toe does (both washes are manufactured by J&J.) Worked great on my frizzy, curly hair, too! A bit more expensive than the Head to Toe, but coupons and sales are out all the time (I bought mine at our bulk club.) I usually use Cetaphil, but I like this better (and its cheaper ounce-for-ounce.) The only regret is that it contains fragrance. However, the majority of the ingredients are comparable to [link removed] cleanser.

Great gentle cleanser - especially for Regimen users
Reviewed on August 9, 2013

I've been using this cleanser (called top-to-toe in Australia) for a bit over a month now, since starting the Acne.org Regimen and really like it. Great for people who want to use store bought products on the Regimen. It is 'baby scented' (which I don't mind - to me it's very mild and not at all noticeable during the day). At times my skin felt a bit dry / tight after cleansing but I don't think I can attribute that to this cleanser alone as I've been using BP since starting using this, and BP is more likely to have made my skin feel like that. I do wish it didn't have SLS though. Overall though, I really do like this cleanser and plan to keep using it! Definitely recommend it as a store-bought alternative for regimen users.

Great alternative Regimen cleanser
Reviewed on May 31, 2013

This is a great alternative cleanser when on The Regimen. It is sold everywhere, comes in large and extra large sizes for extremely affordable prices. It's a mass market, low cost product, but reaches a high quality mark worthy of 5 stars. It really goes to show that you don't need to pay more for quality.

Part of the reason this cleanser lather so well is from the addition of Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS), a strong ingredient which efficiently removes oils but which can tend to be a little overdrying depending on the amount used in a cleanser. However, even with the addition of SLS, this cleanser proves to be a manageable and long-term solution for cleansing, especially if you don't mind a slightly baby-scented cleansing product.

J&J makes me feel all cozy inside: I am not familiar with the inner workings of the company, but I personally like that this cleanser is made by Johnson & Johnson's--one of the oldest and most trusted companies out there--and that it's made for babies. There's just no way the biggest name in baby wash is fooling around with quality of their product.

by Human Doing on 08/12/2015 16:22
The Canadian version does not have SLS
by theoddsandends on 12/22/2015 01:19
The British version doesn't contain sulphates either. Aqua, Coco-Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Acrtlates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Glyceryl Oleate, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum.