Page 7 of Isotretinoin (Accutane) reviews

3.9/5 - 1884 reviews

Isotretinoin in 10-mg, 20-mg and 40-mg soft gelatin capsules.

Beeswax, butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, hydrogenated Soybean oil">soybean oil flakes, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and Soybean oil">soybean oil. Gelatin capsules contain glycerin and parabens (methyl and propyl), with the following dye systems: 10 mg - iron oxide (red) and titanium dioxide; 20 mg - FD&C Red No. 3, FD&C Blue No. 1, and titanium dioxide; 40 mg - FD&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Yellow No. 10, and titanium dioxide.

Currently using 40 mg Isotrentinoin
Reviewed on December 21, 2013

I just started using this product 7 days ago. I have had acne for about 3 years and I've tried practically every treatment available to me. I have tried doxycycline, clindamycin, penicillin, retin A, birth controls, hormone treatments and tons of topical treatments. The doxycycline did work for about 5 months but then it stopped working so I decided to try Accutane as a last resort. So far I've been on it for 7 days and I've noticed improvement, No more cystic acne and a significant decrease in the size of the spots, I still have some redness and spots but not nearly as bad. The acne on my back is completely gone. The dermatologist told me that my acne could get worse for a little while before it gets better but so far there has only been improvement. I really hope that this treatment continues to work and I will update on the progress. So far I haven't had many side effects. I've had a little dryness but not nearly as much as I expected, I just use a little extra moisturizer and Chapstick and I'm fine. It could be because I just started using the product so I'll let you know if it gets worse. The only other side effect is that I bruise really easily! which is strange because I wasn't expecting it. I'm super clumsy and now I have tons of

bruises. The only other downside of Accutane is the blood tests. I have to get a blood test every month, which I'm dreading but so far the Pros significantly outweigh the cons.

acne miracle
Reviewed on December 18, 2013

I started RoAccutane which I believe is just the English version of Accutane in June 2010 at the age of 15. My acne was localised to my back and shoulders as I am fortunate to not suffer from acne on my face. I had tried several oral and topical acne treatments from my doctor before starting RoAccutane, all of which did not have any effect, resulting in me being referred to a dermatologist. I started on a low dose of RoAccutane which did not seem to be improving my skin so after around 5 months my dosage was increased. This was when I started seeing results. My once cystic acne was decreasing month by month. I still got the occasional small red bumps but they never turned into spots and went away after a few days. Whilst I was on my course of RoAccutane I was also prescribed the Dianette Oral Contraceptive Pill which was mandatory whilst I was taking RoAccutane. The main side effects I experienced were dry skin and lips which were easily sorted with moisturiser and lip balm, I did not experience these infamous "depression" side effects which I don't doubt may be possible but I didn't get any more moody than a typical 15 year old. Although the need for a blood test once a month was a pain especially due to my dislike of needles, I soon got over them and was reassured that my progress on the course was being monitored. I was taken off RoAccutane the following year, in June 2012, after it was agreed by both me and my dermatologist that my acne was gone and hopefully stayed that way. Since finishing my course my acne has stayed away and my back and shoulders remain clear, I occasionally get the odd small pimple due to obvious female hormones but other than that my skin is finally perfect.

I hope this review helps and I cannot recommend this product enough. Fortunately in the UK I did not have to pay for my prescription of RoAccutane but if I did I definitely would have, this product has changed my life.

helppp
Reviewed on December 18, 2013

i'm using roaccutane for four month 20 mg/day and i have dry skin and new acne problem: i've got new underskin acne on my cheeks and they are staying just there. Sometimes they get inflamed. I say again i'm using accutane for 4 month 20 mg/day. Is it going to be better in next month or months. my weight is 75 kg. Thank youu

It worked great, but great results may not remain
Reviewed on December 18, 2013

I went on Accutane after 2/3 years of awful acne, especially on my cheeks and chin. In a few months, maybe 2/3, I started really noticing results. The blood tests and government protection on the drug are a hassle but so worth it. But let me just make myself clear on one thing that drives me crazy about others' thoughts on Accutane! I had absolutely NO, and I mean not ONE other side effect except dryness of the skin, lips and eyes. Maybe I'm different from others, but my boyfriend was on it too and had no other effects, as well as two of my good friends and my cousin. Please do not let all the hype of side effects prevent you from clear skin and confidence. We all deserve it! But also consider that Accutane, while it works miracles, may not give you lasting results. My acne came back in about 5 months and now I'm on Spiro, which really is my miracle drug. But regardless, that does not take away my recommendation.

It's the cure.
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

My version of accutane was called Claravis. I took it for about 6-7 months twice in my life so far. I took once as a teenage boy and again 15 years later. I've have 97% clear skin now for about 1 1/2 years. My insurance did not cover cover accutane, because my insurance sucked. So, I paid out of pocket each time, like $400 dollars. However, this is not the norm. It was the best $2,400 I ever spent. I paid $2400 for a cure to acne. If your insurance rocks, you may around $450 for a cure. I think the office visit to the dermatologist alone is $300 without insurance.

The most annoying thing was about one week of a breakout. Then, after that, it was just dry skin and some minor aches in my back. Also, you have to take the monthly blood tests. Totally worth it.

Amazing!
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

This Product is FLIPPING AMAZING. All these stories about people getting depression are utter rubbish, two or three cases out of many does not make it the cause of depression. Since iv been taking the 10Mg prescribed by my gp, my cystic spots have completely gone and its only been 2 months, i have just got the odd spot here and there but hey got another 4 months to go. To anyone who is unsure of trying the product, just go for it, dont waste time on using expensive products. This will DEFO work. You will be glad that you took this medicine.

First month
Reviewed on December 15, 2013

Before my dermatologist decided to put me on acutane, we had tried multiple medical topical treatments, Minocylene for almost 6 months WITH the topical and still no results. With painful acne that covered my whole back and chest going to prom (dress), wearing clothes lower than my neck was a no go. I was wearing so much concealer on my face it was getting expensive... Not being able to put pressure on my back without feeling pain led to back problems from sleeping on my side all the time. After one month of taking acutane all the pain, bumps, and acne is gone! Of course I was warned it would come back before the end up my treatment so I'm still on it. The side effects are quite annoying but easy to deal with. Carmex for my dry lips, eye drops when my eyes get dry and itchy, an plenty of water! Having oily skin to start with, I haven't had any dry skin problems though I still use St. Ives body lotion on my hands, elbows, and over the old acne scars. They are starting to fade and I've never been more proud in my skin! At first the reviews scared me but I realized all the patients experiencing serious side effects weren't even seeing a doctor every month! I see mine before every monthly refill of my medication and have my blood/kidney tests. So far so good! I recommend this to any healthy person with severe acne, but do it through a doctor who knows what they're doing:) (can be expensive, insurance coverage might help! My 60mg a day is 2,000$ a month!)

My Accutane Journey
Reviewed on November 30, 2013

Accutane has changed my life. I've always had problems with my skin, but at the start of 2013, I began to develop large, cystic whiteheads and pimples all over my face, back and chest. They became inflammed and red so I went to a dermatoglist to be diagnosed. He told me I had severe cystic acne, but it was a much rarer kind than that found in most teenagers suffering from the same problem. From April 2013 to June 2013, I was on 10 mg, which seems like a small dose but it was enough to bring out my acne to it's worst.

For the first six months my skin was in the worst state it had ever been in. It was red and inflamed with large cystic pimples protruding from every part of my face.

I am now finishing my 8th month of Accuatane and I couldn't be happier with the results. My skin has improved tremendously and I have never felt more confident and treatment isn't even finished! Accutane has changed my life.

View my before and after here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/51851-april-2013-vs-november-2013/

Works if you will die with it
Reviewed on November 8, 2013

Hello, this product will work as long as you keep using it, after that it does not, I used it for 6 months(I do not want to throw my life away)(maybe it's because i had acne problems so long, don't know)), and it's really dangerous product so I better use BP without any problems now, it's a miracle product (just use BP like smart people not like desperate people and it will work.

!!!!

About the BP miracle (I had acne over 10 years, now my skin has scars) -- I have noticed more better results than BP clean solutions, I recommend Dr. Wolf , Acne fug (it's was the only thing with BP in my country, and now I can not stop using it!!!), Acne fug is 5% BP and has alcohol and some other clearing skin agents(it's stored something like 2-7 decrees) (the paper recommends it for hormonal acne (hormons cause acne etc), the acne that other products can't fight), I use it once a day and works much better than any BP solution so far (It can't get any better, so I stay at this product.

If I will not use acnefug for several days(and not showering) the acne comes back, some pimple or pimples appear, but if using this product they disappear after 2-3 days completely), no flakiness or anything(BP makes skin look a bit lifeless, but this product not). Only once a day!!!!(I shower once a day!)(it's quite effective so please not use that often) I also use moisturizer with lipids and after that my skin is not try and feels good.

Note: I am promoting healthy living and am exercising a lot.

///

by mrnegative on 11/18/2013 21:22
Quite literally one of the worst reviews I've ever read on this site. Completely nonsensical and barely related to the topic.
Dissapointing
Reviewed on November 23, 2013

I have suffered from bad cystic acne for about a decade. about 3 years ago I decided to take some time off from college and come home and give Accutane a shot. I was excited to see that my face was clearing up rapidly (I started on 30mg). However, I was constantly nauseous even though I was on a special diet. I also became extremely depressed. I would spend days at a time laying in the couch not being able to move. At this point my blood results were crazy and indicated that my liver was extremely irritated. I stopped treatment immediately for about a month, and then went back on it at 10mg. The side effects were pretty much gone except for super dry lips and dry skin. My skin was so dry that the soles of my feet would flake. After I finished the treatment, my skin looked amazing. I was happy to be done with acne forever. EXCEPT it came back about 2 months after I stopped taking the pill. First mildly, and within a year it was as if I had never done the treatment at all.