Page 6 of Isotretinoin (Accutane) reviews

3.9/5 - 1859 reviews

Isotretinoin in 10-mg, 20-mg and 40-mg soft gelatin capsules.

Beeswax, butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, hydrogenated Soybean oil">soybean oil flakes, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and Soybean oil">soybean oil. Gelatin capsules contain glycerin and parabens (methyl and propyl), with the following dye systems: 10 mg - iron oxide (red) and titanium dioxide; 20 mg - FD&C Red No. 3, FD&C Blue No. 1, and titanium dioxide; 40 mg - FD&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Yellow No. 10, and titanium dioxide.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
Reviewed on November 17, 2013

Accutane has been the most amazing acne product ever invented on the market today. I'm on month 4 and my skin hasn't looked poreless or acne-free since I was in 6th grade! Its amazing! I really recommend this product to anyone and everyone. Don't listen to all those discouraging stories. Just take it with a grain of salt. You will not regret it.

only 17 days in, amazing results
Reviewed on November 16, 2013

Tried everything, nothing working. Started Accutane 17 days ago and it's been uphill from there. My doctor started me on 20 mg once a day and it seems to be enough. My acne dries up so quickly and basically falls off my face in 1-2 days. Before accutane I had mild-severe acne. Anywhere from 2 to 10 huge cysts on my chin and around my nose. After a few days of Accutane, it all started to go away! No initial breakout, my derm said I wouldn't get one on 20 mg but I didn't believe him. Only thing negative about this is my face and lips are dry, all managable tho. Not clear yet, but everyday it gets better and better ha! I'm pretty stoked. Go listen to STS9!!!!

DON'T DO IT!
Reviewed on November 16, 2013

Accutane is NOT worth the high risks. Use a TOPICAL treatment instead.

My son had moderate to severe acne at age 14. He took an accutane generic for about 6 months and now has Severe Ulcerative Colitis. This means that he will have a lifetime of battling BLEEDING ULCERS throughout his colon which then causes severe pain and diarrhea. Now, at age 18, he had to do a medical withdrawal from his first year of college because his symptoms were so severe. He takes 3 medicines 3 times a day and it still hasn't helped enough. He will soon begin a new treatment whereby he has to go to the hospital and hook up to an IV line for about 4 hours every few weeks. Furthermore, we can't sue the drug company because the Supreme Court recently said that you cannot sue the maker of a generic medicine. In addition, my son still has moderate acne.

Best treatment for cystic acne.
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

Cleared my severe acne in a matter of a month and continued to be clear for a long time. But last resort, the side effects when being on the drug can be irritating.

Cleared my skin, but made my depression MUCH worse!
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

First let me say that this is a wonderful medication if you DO NOT have a problem with depression/anxiety. It cleared up my skin wonderfully and cut down on my skin's oiliness to almost nothing. It also causes extremely dry lips, so keep lip balm handy at all times. I recently stopped taking it due to it causing a terrible relapse of my depression symptoms. Crying, unable to leave the house, sleeping all the time, and for the first time in MANY years, a feeling of total hopelessness that made the thought of suicide briefly go through my head. Very scary!

If your mental health is, well, healthy, I highly recommend Accutane to clear up your acne. If it's not, I would pass. The emotional toll wasn't worth it.

Oily skin after Accutane
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

Hi Everyone. Its my first time on the forum and i need advice.

I have been using Accutane from March to August. Its now November and the oil is back on my face and its really frustrating. Is there anything anyone has used that has gotten rid of the oil? Any help will be highly aprreciated.

Best thing for acne
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I'm on my third month of accutane and I love this product. Why I never went on it earlier is beyond me. I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement in my acne in only 60 days. While my skin is not 100%, it's a hell of a lot better and the only side affect I've ever experienced was the normal dry skin/lips which was fixed with a good moisturizer. The only down fall is the hyper pigmenation that shows once acne fades.. This isn't from the medication. It's just the natural process of healing however it does take longer to fade on Accutane but does eventually. Over all, glad I found this. ($8.90 on extended medical plan in Canada)

So far so good...Day 7
Reviewed on November 8, 2013

Today is my 7th day on Accutane and this drug has cleared up 90% of my face already. I have had minimum side effects so far, which is flushing of the skin and drying face. For me, looking in the mirror was difficult. Especially, when I knew what my skin looked like before this problem occured. My only concern, is it staying clear.

Finished Accutane and now scars?
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

I finished Accutane in April of this year, it worked good, was on for 5 months. Then this September I asked my derm about my facial scarring and redness, and she suggested Palomar laser. So I did 2 treatments 4 weeks apart, I had breakouts after both treatments, thought it was from laser but im not sure anymore, because I am still breaking out on places where I did not even get the laser done, my next appointment is next Friday, and I don't know what to do, the 2 treatments have filled in my pick scars pretty good, but still could use more treatments, but these breakouts... im debating if I should just ask to go on Accutane again? suggestions? opinions?

I can also provide pictures if needed.

Thanks

it really is a miracle drug.
Reviewed on November 5, 2013

Only came on here to write this review. For the people considering, PLEASE do not hesitate any longer. I been up and down with my acne since 13yrs old..29 now. sometimes just stubborn acne, sometimes cystic. The older I got the worse it got. I tried EVERYTHING! finally gave in to accutane,. I was clear within 2 weeks! yes 2 week!!! my skin is amazing right now, I can comfortably go outside with no makeup, I have very little scars that continue to fade. Only con is the dry lips. they are a pain in the butt but so worth it to have baby smooth clear skin. My skin is not dry at all just my lips but I also have no oil in sight, same with my hair, I can go about a week without washing and I still look like I just came out the salon. Its amazing, I have received alot of compliments on my skin and hair ever since I started. first month I was on 40mg 1x a day, month 2 till the end i am at 80mg a day. A derm told me to get on it years ago and I listened to the bad comments about this drug, probably one of the things I will always regret would have saved me tons of money, embarrassment and tears had I done it years ago. I was clear within 2 weeks and I start month 3 next week.