Page 6 of Isotretinoin (Accutane) reviews

3.9/5 - 1904 reviews

Isotretinoin in 10-mg, 20-mg and 40-mg soft gelatin capsules.

Beeswax, butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, hydrogenated Soybean oil">soybean oil flakes, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and Soybean oil">soybean oil. Gelatin capsules contain glycerin and parabens (methyl and propyl), with the following dye systems: 10 mg - iron oxide (red) and titanium dioxide; 20 mg - FD&C Red No. 3, FD&C Blue No. 1, and titanium dioxide; 40 mg - FD&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Yellow No. 10, and titanium dioxide.

Very effective!
Reviewed on March 20, 2014

I had extremely severe acne. Bumps and inflammation everywhere. Ive tried other pills and topicals and they didnt do anything. My skin is now flat and no more pimples.

Wasn't worth the side effects and acne came back
Reviewed on March 17, 2014

My first round of accutane went well. Just the usual dryness, scabby nose, annoying monthly visits to the doctor. My skin was clearer than it had ever been...for a few months. Then, I had to go on another round of accutane and within a month or two, I had a very unusual anxiety attack (I have never experienced this before in my life). Again, my acne went away for awhile and surprise surprise, it came back. I didn't dare go on yet another round for fear of what would happen next time.

The Magic Pills
Reviewed on March 9, 2014

What a medicine it is. wowowow. I would recommend it to everyone. Please dont use topicals with accutane

Accutane So Far
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

I used to have terrible cystic acne that hurt very badly. I tried so many products since I've been getting acne (about age 12). Nothing worked. I used Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, a lot of presecription topical treatments (Benzamycin, Tactuo, Stevia-A, Differin - None of them helped, they usually irritated my skin worse.

Given that accutane has actually gotten rid of the pimples is a miracle, i used to get the acne mostly on my cheeks,so they used to always look swollen, I've noticed now, my face looks slimmer and it looks like i actually have cheekbones (they are more contoured).

I took of a star from the rating because I've been on it for 5 months and i haven't seen too much of an improvement in my scarring (my scarring is very bad, very red)

I guess I'll have to wait when i'm done this cycle of accutane to see if the results are long lasting.

Bitter alumni.
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I had to take Accutane for over a year because my doctor decreased my dosage due to feeling depressed. It did clear up my face, body, etc.. but I only had clear skin for only 6-7 months until I started breaking out again. My hopes were crushed and I believed, and I still do, that nothing was going to help my severe acne. My acne isn't as bad as it was before I was put on it, but the long-term results were not pleasing at all. My face broke out, my back broke out, my neck, shoulders, everywhere! At least my acne was clear when I took my senior photo during high school!! I still have breakouts.. I regret wasting time and money on Accutane. It was NOT worth it at all.

The most misunderstood medication ever
Reviewed on February 21, 2014

I'm documenting my Accutane log with the sole purpose of helping those who are confused about taking this oft-feared, oft-revered medication. Read my in-depth experience here (link below). I'll be updating it regularly. You can also ask me as many questions as you want on that forum and i'll be glad to help. Here's the link:

It worked very quickly with no side affects
Reviewed on February 20, 2014

It cleared my skin quickly. I was in my 40's when I finally got the nerve to try Accutane actually I had been going to the dr since I was 12 years old for acne and no one even recommended it. the reason I did not give it 5 stars was because I did not get to complete my treatments, and this was because I was forced to join a membership, and under this membership you have to call in and I was never able to call in reach anyone. Now I had to take pregnancy test although I was in my 40's have been going through early menopause and had my tubes tied. it was ridiculous. as a result I never got to complete my treatments eventually my skin begin to break out again. in fact I thought they took accutane off the market, because of the problems associated with it with other women. I still need to use it, and I will try again as soon as I find a dermatologist

Changed my skin forever
Reviewed on February 18, 2014

I had very bad acne starting around the 9th grade. I went on multiple prescriptions of creams, gels, lotions only to discover nothing will cure my acne. I became a very self-conscience high schooler, attending classes everyday embarrassed of my skin. My doctor finally suggested Accutane, but that followed with harsh side effects. I began taking Accutane in grade 10. The first symptom I noticed was dryness. I have always had oily skin and hair, and after taking Accutane I became very dry. Drinking 8 glasses AND more of water a day is a MUST on Accutane. It became pretty severe dryness, to the point where my facial skin was peeling. Lips cracking, hair dryness (which I wasn't complaining about, I could go a week without washing it!) and skin peeling were the major side effects for me. The peeling became very embarrassing, I would have to put coats of Vaseline on my face. After about two months my face was flawless, no pimple in sight. After I discontinued use of Accutane, my skin completely transformed for the better. Now I still do get the odd break out from time to time, mainly hormonal. But if I had not taken Accutane, today my skin would have been disastrous.

Horrific drug.
Reviewed on October 4, 2013

I was prescribed claravis for very mild acne and it essentially wrecked my life. Thinned out my skin, I have wrinkles 3 years later at 20. Thinned hair, rosacea, pale skin, rectal bleeding, still dry years later . I was a normal person before accutane. Now my life will never be the same. I honestly can not emphasize how life altering (for the absolute worst) this drug was. It is possibly the most sad thing in the world to thing how different my life would have been had i just not gone to a dermatologist. Derms should be the absolute lowest paid doctors. Unless theyre performing surgery they are ignorant, ignorant people with little skill.

IF YOU are reading this, just think for 2 seconds. Look at all the one stars you see. You dont see that with anything else. When you go to buy a tv if there were 30% 1 stars you would quickly look to another tv where there were only maybe 2 or 3. Just look at all the severe side effects that you could endure. Avoid it. Dont take this drug.

Destroyed my life
Reviewed on February 15, 2014

Took accutane for 6 months when I was 17, was relatively fine during treatment suffering only the usual sides. 2 months post treatment I noticed severe lower back pain, over the last 9 years this pain has spread to every joint and fibre in my body, I i also suffer chronic dry skin, eyes, lips and scalp. I've also suffered severe stomach pains and ibs symptoms, intense pressure headaches, sexual problems and countless bouts of inflammation all over my body. I literally did not have a single one of these problems before commencing accutane.