Page 5 of Accutane (isotretinoin) reviews

3.9/5 - 2044 reviews

Brand: Accutane

Accutane (isotretinoin)

Isotretinoin in 10-mg, 20-mg and 40-mg soft gelatin capsules.

Beeswax, butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, hydrogenated Soybean oil">soybean oil flakes, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and Soybean oil">soybean oil. Gelatin capsules contain glycerin and parabens (methyl and propyl), with the following dye systems: 10 mg - iron oxide (red) and titanium dioxide; 20 mg - FD&C Red No. 3, FD&C Blue No. 1, and titanium dioxide; 40 mg - FD&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Yellow No. 10, and titanium dioxide.

Accutane (isotretinoin)

Its been 4 months and no sign of improvements. Should i abandon?
Reviewed on February 22, 2016

I'm not reviewing it rather seeking opinion. I'm 24 year old and battling acne for the last 4 years. My acne turned severe in 2012 prior to that it was moderate. I'm on my 4th Dermatologist now. Needless to say that I've tried every medicine prescribed including Proactiv yet nothing worked. It was my 3rd Dermatologist who prescribed Isotretinoin. He is supposed to be the best in the whole state also most expensive. Its been 4 months now yet there is no significant improvement. I still get whiteheads and my scars are ugly. To some extent it has reduced but my face is still worse with scars. Now I'm going to a different Doctor who has switched me to Benzoyl peroxide. I'm scared as hell and hopeless. I really do not know what to do. My self esteem has taken a hit and the last time I attended a social even was back in 2013. My Doc is telling me to stop Isotretinoin. Somebody please suggest something

by MeganPatricia on 04/06/2016 11:49
Hello. Have you noticed any improvement since writing you post above? I know how horrible it is having flare up. My derm has just told me roaccutane is my only option but I'm not sure whether i can cope with the side effects if theres no guarantee it will work so I was just wondering if you had found something that has helped you. My scaring is already really bad and it sounds as though this made it worse for you? I hope you have found something that helps
the only thing that helped me
Reviewed on February 18, 2016

I tried everything for my severe acne, and accutane was the only thing that helped, even though it took a long time for me to see results. I had 20 cysts on my cheek before starting, and now just have one tiny papule.

don't be discouraged if you don't see results fast, it takes time. I didn't stop getting painful cysts until the fourth month.

I have lots of red marks, but I'm slowly getting my confidence back. for me, the side effects were worth getting rid of the intense psychological pain and destroyed self esteem acne was causing me.

Wouldn't reccommend
Reviewed on February 18, 2016

After trying just about everything under the sun I decided there was no other choice but to revert to Accutane. I'm 31 and have had cystic acne since I was 18.

Unfortunately it did not cure my cystic acne however the 9 months I was using the drug it did improve my skin by around 50%. Now that I am off it my skin has gone back to being inflamed and red. Very frustrating.

Given the noticeable side-effects and damage it does on your internal organs I would advise people to stay away. Soon enough someone will have to break the acne-vinci code, hopefully it isn't too long.

Can you help me?
Reviewed on February 17, 2016

I have not started using it yet, but i want to knw of the side effects that I am hearing about. I have suffered cystic acne all over my body for 7 years now. I am a senior in high school and I am ready to be done with acne.

amazing
Reviewed on February 4, 2016

i had severe acne and ive have suffered from acne since i was 18 i tried so many acne products and vitamins it didnt work so i went to see my derm and got prescribed this medication after that i saw the result it cleared all acne off and no side effect for me ...it works!!

by Rosebud777 on 02/06/2016 21:09
What mg were you on? Just curious?
IT WORKED BUT...
Reviewed on January 29, 2016

i had suffered acne for long time and when i started to take accutane for 1 month i got wondelful result it cleared off!! BUT while taking the medication I had very dry lips, skin and very smelly pee so i stopped the medication and then break out again!! it was relapse...

First time using Isonoin
Reviewed on January 19, 2016

Hi guys! This is my 2nd day taking Isonoin. Please do check out my status over at my profile and if you can suggest anything from the status I just posted that will be so helpful. I am so scared to be on this journey alone. I would love to have opinions and encouraging words from you guys who have experienced what I am going through right now. :(

Thank you! I hope this will be the answer to my acne problem.

by BubbleTea86 on 02/02/2016 22:52
Hi! :) I just wanted to say, you are not alone and Isonoin will help your acne. It will be a little bit of a journey to get through but it will have positive results! I am on accutane right now too and I just started a week ago. This is my second time being on accutane (last time, there was a 50% chance it would come back after my first course, and my acne came back but after this course now my acne will be gone). Good Luck! :)
by DrivenBobcat on 02/29/2016 22:22
i started the 9th and i would love to talk since this is my first experience with isotretinoin and maybe getting rid of my acne,....
Works
Reviewed on January 10, 2016

I used Accutane when I was 15. It cured my severe cystic acne for probably 4 years. I have struggled with cystic acne off and on since then, though it has never been as bad as it was before Accutane. The only reason I am hesitant to do another round is because of the severe purging that took 8 - 10 weeks. This apparently doesn't happen to everyone. If you can survive the purging, go for it. I would do it again if I could hide in a bunker for the first 3 months.

Awesome!
Reviewed on January 2, 2016

I'm a 23 year old female and I've suffered from acne since age 13. It wasn't horrific during my teenage years, but progressively got worse as I entered into my 20s. By the time I was 21, it was so bad that it started to have a significant impact on my social life, what I did throughout the day, and who I choose to associate with. I went to my doctor and got prescribed accutane, and as much as the monthly blood tests sucked, this drug worked miracles for my skin in just 5 months. After coming off of accutane, I was incredibly paranoid about my acne returning. However it's been a year and a half since I finished my course and I usually only see one pimple (very small) per month. For me, the benefits of accutane far exceeded the risk, and if my acne does come back in the future, I will not hesitate to take accutane again!

by kelli.mcgarrity on 01/12/2016 20:51
Hey I've been on this for a month now was on 30mg. I've just been put up to 70mg. What mg where you on and for how long? Did you suffer many side effects? Sorry for all the question x
Very Greatful.
Reviewed on December 31, 2015

I had severe cystic acne and the scars it left me with were terrible & I was in pain alot. I took isotretinoin for only TWO MONTHS, and my skin didn't completely clear right away but was literally completely clear a couple months after being off of it. The side effects were barable, my only complaint would be the chapped lips. also 5 months later i have a zit here and there and my scars have faded. I felt this product deserved a review from me.. I was sceptical at first and did alot of research but this product has boosted my self esteem and helped me so much!