Page 4 of Accutane (isotretinoin) reviews

3.9/5 - 2026 reviews

Brand: Accutane

Accutane (isotretinoin)

Isotretinoin in 10-mg, 20-mg and 40-mg soft gelatin capsules.

Beeswax, butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, hydrogenated Soybean oil">soybean oil flakes, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and Soybean oil">soybean oil. Gelatin capsules contain glycerin and parabens (methyl and propyl), with the following dye systems: 10 mg - iron oxide (red) and titanium dioxide; 20 mg - FD&C Red No. 3, FD&C Blue No. 1, and titanium dioxide; 40 mg - FD&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Yellow No. 10, and titanium dioxide.

Awesome!
Reviewed on January 2, 2016

I'm a 23 year old female and I've suffered from acne since age 13. It wasn't horrific during my teenage years, but progressively got worse as I entered into my 20s. By the time I was 21, it was so bad that it started to have a significant impact on my social life, what I did throughout the day, and who I choose to associate with. I went to my doctor and got prescribed accutane, and as much as the monthly blood tests sucked, this drug worked miracles for my skin in just 5 months. After coming off of accutane, I was incredibly paranoid about my acne returning. However it's been a year and a half since I finished my course and I usually only see one pimple (very small) per month. For me, the benefits of accutane far exceeded the risk, and if my acne does come back in the future, I will not hesitate to take accutane again!

by kelli.mcgarrity on 01/12/2016 20:51
Hey I've been on this for a month now was on 30mg. I've just been put up to 70mg. What mg where you on and for how long? Did you suffer many side effects? Sorry for all the question x
Very Greatful.
Reviewed on December 31, 2015

I had severe cystic acne and the scars it left me with were terrible & I was in pain alot. I took isotretinoin for only TWO MONTHS, and my skin didn't completely clear right away but was literally completely clear a couple months after being off of it. The side effects were barable, my only complaint would be the chapped lips. also 5 months later i have a zit here and there and my scars have faded. I felt this product deserved a review from me.. I was sceptical at first and did alot of research but this product has boosted my self esteem and helped me so much!

Life saver
Reviewed on December 30, 2015

From march till december 2015 i was on roaccutane. Mostly it was a dosage of 40 mg. Side effects i had were dry mouth the whole process, end my sight wasnt optimal.

I know that there are a lot of critiqes, but it is a life saver for a lot of people. In 2 months my skin cleared up. I'm 27 years old and have suffered from acne since i was 13. I think i don't have the worst acne, compared to others. But when I see what acne did with me, my personality and my looks... And what accutane did for me to solve like 80% of my physical en psychological dammage, ican only imagine what it can do to others. I really hope they will keep describing this stuff, because suicides, and trauma's and makin wrong choices because of what youve been trough, are very more dammaging then the health problems this stuff can cause. Its just: don't take this medicine lightly and wait at least till your 18 to make this decision.

I will post photos in my account so you can get an idea of before and after.

I know looks arent everything, but the pain in your skin, the itch, the smell and dirtyness are a nightmare. Everyone want to look there best, because thats fun!!!!! but do it for yourself.

Works great, but there's always a relapse.
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

i've been on two rounds of accutane. the dryness is unbelievable so make sure you have lots of chapstick and moisturizer. it made my skin unbelievably clear, i was so happy and in love with the results. but a year after each round, it comes back for me. i believe everyone relapses. it's not a permanent fix like they say, just some people it lasts longer. i know two other girls who have went on accutane, both taken it twice like me and it's back for them as well. trying to find a way to cure my acne as it is said to be dangerous to take more than two rounds of accutane. i'm now hopeless.

i recrommend this product, just because the results are great. hopefully they will last longer for you

Best decision I ever made
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

I always told myself that if I went on Accutane I would post a review on here. Even though I've been off of it for almost 8 months, I still wanted to stay true to my word, because I can remember spending hours on this site looking for answers. I was on the fence about Accutane for so long, close to two years. But after trying what felt like everything (topicals, diet, prescriptions) I finally gave in to my derms recommendation and got Accutane. I was adamant about a lower dose, longer course of treatment and was put on 40mg a day for close to a year. I researched that this treatment plan had lower incidences of severe side effects. During my course I only had dry skin, chapped lips, sun sensitivity, and the occasional nosebleed. I also had hair that never got greasy, and skin that never got oily. I miss that so much! After 2-3 months on Accutane my skin started healing. My stubborn forehead acne went away, and so did the cysts. My skin actually became more even and so friggin soft. I could finally leave the house without makeup, and without crying. Accutane was easily the best decision I ever made for myself and my only regret was that I didn't go on it sooner. I would not hesitate to recommend a low dose treatment to anyone that feels like they have tried everything. I know how emotionally painful acne is, I spent nights crying in my bathroom, cancelling plans, and cringing whenever I looked in the mirror before Accutane. It started affecting so many parts of my life that I felt I had no other choice. I'm so glad I chose Accutane. I wouldn't think twice about a second course if I ever felt I needed it again. Though the oil has come back along with the odd pimple here and there, my skin is so much better than it was before Accutane. I will admit it was close to perfect while on it, and I would love if I could have that all the time lol but such is life. I hope that you all find your magical cure. I'm here to tell you that it's possible. Whether that's Accutane or something else, I know you'll find it. Good luck to everyone suffering! I know how painful it is xoxo

Tips for Accutane:

Used cetaphil foaming cleanser

Used cerave moisturizing cream

Used Vaseline and polysporin for chapped lips! Poly was a life savor

Used SPF 60 sunscreen

Keep your regime as simple as possible.

In the first week my skin felt like it was on fire lol put cold cloths in the fridge and then on my face!

BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE
Reviewed on December 11, 2015

I never write reviews for anything but I cannot praise this drug enough!

I am 23 years old and I have suffered from acne for most of my teenage/adult years, admittedly it isn't the worst of the worst but it was enough to really knock my self confidence. I had a variety of under the skin spots, some cystic ones on my chin and some ones with huge whiteheads. My cheeks were the worst part of my face and I also started to get back acne, not what you want when you want to wear cute going out outfits. Things were at there worst at around May this year and I wouldn't even go to the beach without foundation on and I felt whenever people would look at me they would be thinking what terrible skin I have.

At first I thought acne is something I would grow out of but it just didn't get any better no matter what product I used and the scaring was just dreadful. So I did a bit of research and was amazed at how costly places like the Skin clinic were and after reading reviews it seemed the treatments they were selling didn't even work!! So I went to my Doctors, I got prescribed Lymocycline (2 courses) & Duac, then Minocycline and Differin but to no avail. Then I came across Accutane, I can't even tell you how many Youtube videos I watched or how many reviews I read, particularly on acne.org. I put it of for a bit because i was so scared of the side effects, because lets face it they are pretty scary but then I guessed it bothered me enough to take the risk. So I waited paitently for my referral to the hospital, luckily I got my treatment on the NHS so I only had to pay the 8 pound a month for the prescription, I got one of those NHS 3 month cards at first and stocked up on prescription moisturisers as well.

Started on 20mg a week for the first month and within the first week I just stopped getting any spots. It was amazing, no more looking in the mirror with dread! Then I was on 40mg for the rest of my treatment, and my scars started to diminish as well to the point where I know have pretty much flawless skin for the first time in so so long. I was lucky I didn't really get many side effects, I had the occasional headache and like most people super dry skin but that was fine with me as long as I didn't have spots! The Dermatologist gave me Dermol 500 & Double base which I really recommend as a moisturiser as they come in huge tubs with a super handy pump! At home i would mix my Demol 500 with a bit of Bio Oil as it made my skin feel so much nicer and I felt I had to moisturise less. I was forever putting stuff on my lips, the main thing I used was Vaseline! As you can buy super large tubs and then I would fill my empty Carmex pot up with it, cheap and did the trick! Never got cracked or bleeding lips. There are also amazing benefits of having super dry skin such as my foundation / tinted moisturiser lasted literally all day, before I would put a super heavy layer of foundation and a few hours later it had vanished of my face. Now I was able to get away with a tinted moisturiser that would last all day! I also had to wash my hair far less, went from washing it every other day to once a week! I have super long hair so this was a major benefit to me. I know this is a long review but I just cannot praise Accutane enough despite all the bad press it gets!!

It changed my life and reading reviews on pages such as this is really what persuaded me to bite the bullet and go for it! So please really do consider it an option, I know the side effects are scary but they are very rare! There is nothing as effective as this in such a short space of time on the market and especially if you live in the UK and can go on the NHS it is very inexpensive.

If you can I would also recommend starting Accutane in the winter months, it is just a lot more reassuring not having to worry about sun exposure!

by nursenurse on 01/08/2016 09:17
How long did you take 20mg a day before you shifted to 40mg? Coz I'm taking 20mg for 2months and 2weeks but still I have pimples. I wanna shift to 40mg.
LIFE CHANGING!
Reviewed on December 10, 2015

This cleared up ALL of my acne on my face and body! I'm so happy I can not have to worry about constantly putting creams on my face and such. I experienced chapped lips the most and some bloody noses but totally worth it because acne controlled my life!

Miracle drug
Reviewed on December 9, 2015

I have SUFFFFFFEREEDDDDD from severe cystic acne for 11 years and have been on and off lots of medication for this. Accutane cleared my skin within the first MONTH of me taking it!! And I mean I have very scarred up skin now but its clear as day and I haven't had a breakout and it's been over a year since I stopped taking it. I'm a 140 pound female and I was on 80 mg daily of accutane. I had zero side effects except that I had overly dry eyes but I had lazer eye surgery that year as well so it was a really bad combination so look into that if you have had lazer eye surgery accutane will mess with your eyes to the point where it is really uncomfortable.

Either than that I highly recommend this to anyone suffering from acne. I hated my life when I was covered in zits but now I'm able to live a confident, happy, normal life because of this drug :)

4 stars
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

Unlike many people, I received no side-effects from Accutane aside from poor night vision and obviously dry skin. While I was taking Accutane (I was 14 and/or 15) my acne was 100% gone. Sadly, it did come back and it was still fairly bad, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it used to be. I honestly have no idea why I didn't go back on this stuff. It worked great and I had no problems with it. I should've gone back on it when my acne returned. I was told my acne would return to a certain extent, but I think mine was a little worse than necessary.

When I first started taking Accutane, my acne got worse for about a month. Don't worry: this is normal. I also want to add that I had no scarring afterwards.

Accutane blog
Reviewed on November 26, 2015

I've created a blog of my Accutane journey to help others make the best decision for themselves - This site won't allow links, but you can find it through wordpress - the site name is accutanejourney. [link removed]