Page 207 of Accutane (isotretinoin) reviews

3.9/5 - 2066 reviews

Brand: Accutane

Accutane (isotretinoin)

Isotretinoin in 10-mg, 20-mg and 40-mg soft gelatin capsules.

Beeswax, butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, hydrogenated Soybean oil">soybean oil flakes, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and Soybean oil">soybean oil. Gelatin capsules contain glycerin and parabens (methyl and propyl), with the following dye systems: 10 mg - iron oxide (red) and titanium dioxide; 20 mg - FD&C Red No. 3, FD&C Blue No. 1, and titanium dioxide; 40 mg - FD&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Yellow No. 10, and titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on October 13, 2006

If you can stand feeling really ugly for a month or two, and you don't mind dealing with dryness... then do it. It's the closest thing to a cure. I'm very happy with it.

Reviewed on October 12, 2006

Took for 6 months. I didn't see any real improvement until my 4th month on it, but if only I could show you a before and after pictures, you would be amazed. The week I stopped my dry skin and headaches ceased and my skin was left clear and unblemished. Bottom line is simple, the side effects are a small price to pay for the amazing things this drug can do to your skin.

Reviewed on October 11, 2006

I am 27 and have had cystic acne since the age of 12.My breakouts are not all over my face but a few nodules deep under my skin.Unfortunatly they swell and can be extreamly painful, some times so presistant they require surgery.When I was 18 I started seeing a dermatologist and he perscribed Azaelic cream, it did nothing.After 25 I noticed my skin starting to scar, that is when I foud a better dermatologist. After numerous topicals and perscriptions I started accutane treatment three weeks ago. Dry skin is the greatist thing ever. I am dealing with three cysts at the moment but I am not oily at all. I get all excited about using chap stick, a thing that would have broken me out big time in the past. I have been having headaches behind my eyes in the morning, but that is the only side effect so far, besides the peeling skin on my face ears and scalp,a little gross, but ok. Hopefully it works for me I am keeping my fingers crossed, and I guess my insurance covered it only $15.

Reviewed on October 6, 2006

Sure this is the "big gun" of acne treatment. But my Dr. told me that about 50% of the people get acne again -- I did a few years later. Started slow, but came back as before. He suggested a higher dose (yikes!). I found that Paula's Choice products control my skin better, and after the mixed results with accutane, I prefer that route.

Reviewed on October 5, 2006

If you want something to help, at least for a little while not caring about anything else do this. Its not cheap, its not fun, its a horrible drug for your body, but for a small period of time it does clear your skin.