Hydrogen Peroxide reviews

Walgreens Hydrogen Peroxide 3% First Aid Antiseptic, 16 Ounces
updated: 05/05/2016 17:58 UTC

do not recommend
Reviewed on April 2, 2016

I tried this as a spot treatment on several black heads and pimples. It only caused scabbing then scarring and when the scab and scar faded, the exact same black head was still there. Hydrogen peroxide actually may slow the production of healthy skin cell rejuvenation. It does seem to help disinfect things but not ideal for face and acne. I have found that Melrose essential oil works wonders though.

The Best Acne Treatment I've Ever Used
Reviewed on March 21, 2016

I've had acne for several years now so I have a lot of scarring from leftover breakouts. I've never found anything that has managed to effectively clear them up and also clear up my current breakouts. Let me preface this by saying my skin isn't particularly sensitive, just oily and dirty (no matter how much I clean it), so bare that in mind if you want to try this. I was very very sceptical about putting hydrogen peroxide anywhere near my face but after finding success with some more obscure acne treatments that were drying, I thought it was worth a shot. This product is a game changer. It has literally changed my life, no joke. I have been using it as a toner (concentrating it on active and old breakouts or scars) for about 2 or 3 weeks and my skin is nearly clear of all breakouts and my scars have significantly faded. I looked in the mirror the other day and for the first time in years I noticed my dark circles under my eyes instead of my acne! I've also noticed that my pores are cleaner. They used to be black, I have really bad, almost impossible to get rid of blackheads, but I've noticed they've changed to a greyish colour. Maybe this is the bleaching effect of the hydrogen peroxide but the oil production in my skin has also significantly changed. This does dry out your acne so it can become flaky when getting rid of breakouts. It can make your skin dry if you apply too much of it on areas that don't need it, but that can be fixed with a water based moisturiser. If you have oily skin it will help to balance it out. If you have dry skin, perhaps best to avoid though. To conclude, I'll never go without this ever again. It is the best acne treatment I've ever used and has actually given me hope that someday I might have clear skin.

it causes more breakouts
Reviewed on February 23, 2016

No i don't recommend this..

I got more acne, so i stopped using it..

If u want to try it choose an area of ur face where u

don't usually breakout and apply it for 3 continues days, if u won't get acne u can use it for the rest of ur face..

And yeah regarding the bleaching effect, definitely it lightened me up but i feel it's useless to get brighter skin with pimples everywhere !!!!

for other people with no acne i think it might work for them..

worked for my sensitive skin! :)
Reviewed on March 4, 2016

I am a 19 year old college student and have extremely sensitive skin. If I'm in class and put my hand on my face I'll break out- that's how sensitive I am. I went through Acutane my junior year in high school and I had a clear face for about 4 months after using it but then acne came back. I'm mostly familiar with cysts and really tender red pimples. I don't encourage you to pop pimples...but if you do, dip a q-tip into a hydrogen peroxide bottle and place it on the pimple that you popped. BE VERY GENTLE. Don't push as hard as you can to irritate it even worse than it is because it'll leave scars, just barley let the q-tip rest there for a minute or two. It does burn and it's kinda cool to look at the bubbles it makes, but it is COMPLETELY cleaning the pimple from the inside. After doing this a few times a day for only about two days, your skin will look perfect. ONLY POP PIMPLES WHEN THEY ARE READY. Don't do it in the beginning stages and some pimples just aren't the kind to be popped. lol trust me, I've more experience than I want with acne. ;)

P.S. I know that everyone's skin type is different, and may not work for you, but its definitely worth the try, maybe just test it out on the pimples that no one sees first (like your chest or back)

it works! give it a try!!
Reviewed on January 4, 2016

I don't recommend this if you have a sensitive skin. But it worked well for me, it stings but thats the use of it, to clean and disinfect the skin. I used it consistently for a whole week and I was surprised because it minimized my large zits and it left nothing but scars. ;)

Wonders
Reviewed on December 7, 2015

If you're like me you've tried just about everything for your acne. After years with dermatologists I started to believe that my acne wasn't an external problem, moreso a manifestation of an internal problem. So I began taking herbs, cutting out gluten, dairy, limited processed foods and eating less than 20g of sugars a day. That's when things really took a turn for the better! But I continued to get little bumps here and there. I recently started using hydrogen peroxide and my skins never been smoother. I suppose after all those years of popping, my skin was just seriously infected. The hydrogen peroxide cleans my pores!!! I use it after every shower. Good luck!

Reviewed on November 20, 2015

Very harsh chemical. Wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin. I tried it and it made my scarring worse.

Works good for cystic acne as well
Reviewed on September 27, 2015

I'm a teen and normaly have mild face acne but bad acne on my back and chest. Te other day I woke up with a horrid cyst on my chin a baby cyst right beneath my lip and a small cyst on my forehead. I was desperate to get rid of it and used hydrogen peroxide. It worked really well after only a day the big cyst has cleared almost all the way just flat and red now, the one in my lip has drastically gone down and the small one on my forehead has also shrunk. I wash my face with beauty counters daily cleanser and use a scar and fixing treatment on my face, then I apply the peroxide to a cotton ball and leave it on the zit for 1-2 minutes. I reapplied the hp throughout the day probably 3x totals. It does sting when it first goes on, but the sting and red go down fast. Everytime it would crust white after a few goes I would squeeze the cyst and get out all the gunk

So Far So Good!
Reviewed on September 19, 2015

Just put some on and it seems like it's working! I took a q-tip and put it on the pimples and scars and they are bubbling. For those who are reading this and haven't tried it, bubbling is good. It means it's cleaning your pores! I can't wait till' tomorrow!

good so far
Reviewed on August 31, 2015

I've been using hydrogen peroxide on my acne thats on my forehead for the past 3 days and it seemed to have really helped. First I washed my face then took a cotton ball and poured the peroxide on it and dabbed it all over my face then went to sleep. I do this in the morning and night. At first when I put this on it stings and got a little red but after about an hour the redness goes away and you wake up with a clearer looking skin!