Hydrogen Peroxide reviews

updated: 08/03/2015 10:41 UTC
Walgreens Hydrogen Peroxide 3% First Aid Antiseptic, 16 Ounces
updated: 08/03/2015 10:41 UTC

Hydrogen Peroxide

Mother and daughter are seeing results
Reviewed on August 3, 2015

I am almost 40 and have suffered with acne 30yrs. I have tried many things and must say that peroxide and black seed oil (found in many Asian markets)/have worked wonders on my white heads.

My pre-teen daughter suffers from black heads and scarring. I have started on her back with peroxide and it seems to be drawing out the oil and dirt. Her back is not as red which to me I'd a good sign.

I wish you luck on your journey!

GOOD
Reviewed on June 7, 2015

idk if it's the hydgrogen peroxide helping my insanely huge pimples but everytime i put it on a pimple it either shrinks it or brings it to a head faster. worth it to try. some people say it's dangerous but then again everything you're trying to put on ur face is dangerous one way or another. just try a 3% hydrogen peroxide. use it only in spot treating, not for the whole face

Finally found my cure
Reviewed on February 12, 2015

I use to live on this website when I was 13/14 in middle school. I didn't have the worst acne but I always woke up with a few new pimples everyday and I was embarrassed by my face. I didn't even like looking at it in daylight. I tried everything, from urine to expensive creams/toner/face washes at Sephora. I'm 20 now, in college, I don't know how long it's been since I started to use this stuff but it is a MIRACLE. Hydrogen Peroxide is a zit zapper. I always get compliments on how flawless and nice my skin looks. I don't even get pimples anymore, all I do is use this after I get out of the shower - morning and/or night.

by margretfast123 on 02/20/2015 04:21
Do you rinse it off after? And do you add lotion or anything? Just wondering
GREAT SO FAR
Reviewed on January 20, 2015

I usually get the odd pimple but for the last few months I've been affected by mild acne. We had ran out of astringent so my mom said to use hydrogen peroxide instead. I've only just applied it to my pimples, holding it on top of them for a few seconds with q-tips. Although it's made my face red, the pimples have been immediately and significantly dried out. I hope the redness goes down and assume that a soft exfoliator tomorrow morning will leave my face clear.

Dries out pimples great!
Reviewed on January 6, 2015

Im 15 w/ mild acne. Dries out white heads nicely. Ive been struggling for a while w/ acne and this has been succeeding at keeping my face clear for almost a month now.

I wash with baby wash (lol) and then after my face dries, I just apply a thin layer with a cotton swab over my problem area on my forehead, around my nose, and temples. I dont add any moisturizer over any parts that ive put HP on unless it starts cracking, peeling, etc.

aloe vera straight from the plant
Reviewed on December 19, 2014

I just bought peroxide today and I'm going to try this but for everyone who needs a moisturizer to help heal scars and stop the itching the dryness and the burning USE ALOE VERA STRAIGHT FROM THE PLANT. I have an aloe plant and I pull a stem from the bottom cut it open on the side and all the clear gel that the plant produces rub in on your face in helps fast and feels great on your skin. And if you even wanted you can it the plant it has amazing benefits for your body not one harmful thing can come out of it. Don't believe me definitely look it up.

Use with caution
Reviewed on July 1, 2014

Although it works well just be careful as it can cause health problems later in life. It releases free radicals in the body which can cause harm and is associated with many neurological disorders.

by Goody1 on 07/15/2014 03:18
I've watched the daughter of Gerson explain that the free radicals released are those that bind with other free radicals in order for them to be flushed out of the system easily.
AMAZING!
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I have very sensitive skin, and I recently had a terrible reaction to airbrush makeup that I had done for a wedding. My skin broke out all over my cheeks, forehead and chin and I tried for weeks to clear the breakout. Everything I did seemed to dry my skin out causing more acne. I found this website and started applying peroxide after washing and the bumps are finally healing and the redness has decreased significantly! I wish I had tried this sooner!

Help!! Please someone
Reviewed on June 19, 2014

My entire year of senior year I was basically acne free. Had a gf at the time, ended up breaking up. As time progressed throughout the summer I was getting whiteheads. Late fall of 2013, I would get a few every now & then. Now I have so many scars & I continue to get these white heads. I do not know what I am doing wrong... I tried this & it worked & for some reason I just stopped. Please help me. I need help for what I should do.. I don't know if it's my diet, stress, sexually active...

by Ladydimen on 07/30/2014 05:33
To reduce scars and acne i use Shea butter and apple cider vinegar. I put Shea on before bed after my regiment , always remember that when using products that dry out your face use a good moisturizer. Personally, to combat my acne I have been using apple cider vinegar (cotton ball is best) to dry my whiteheads/pimples (2x/day) and aloe vera as a toner and it has work. but I have dry skin so i have to remember moisturizer and/or sunscreen and of course lots of water. Best of luck
Not sure yet.
Reviewed on May 2, 2014

My son has pretty severe acne. We've tried everything. Found this website and thought we'd give it a try. We were very hopeful after reading all the great reviews. However his results haven't been what we'd hoped for. He's been using it morning and evening for two weeks now and I'd say there may be minimal improvement. Some days I think it looks better & we hope we've turned a corner but then the next day it's bad again. He hasn't noticed any dryness but his face does seem very red (worse than before) and he still gets whiteheads daily. Should he continue with this regiment? How long until significant improvement?

by Ladydimen on 07/30/2014 05:29
To reduce redness, always remember that when using products that dry out your face use a good moisturizer. Personally, to combat my acne I have been using apple cider vinegar to dry it (2x/day) and aloe vera as a toner. and it works. but I have dry skin so i have to remember moisturizer. Shea butter is good I put some one before bed after my regiment and of course lots of water. Best of luck
by Estheticsmama on 08/06/2014 13:16
You have to evaluate if he has dry or oily skin. Look at pore size. Small means it is dry, large is oily. Both need exfoliation about 1-2 times a week to keep dead skin cells from clogging pores. For dry acne, use a Greek yogurt mask. The lactic acid will slough off dead skin cells and clear up bacteria while the proteins will help rebuild natural keratin. You can also add honey or cinnamon that are natural astringents. For oily skin try pumpkin pie filling. The natural enzymes will eat gently eat away the dead skin cells like little pack man. You can use honey or cinnamon with this one too. Try not to use an abrasive scrub. This can open pustules and spread the bacteria, making the problem worse. Both skin types need moisture. Use a good moisturizer that is not oil based. If it is painful and irritated, call around and get prices on an high frequency treatment from an Esthetician. I only charge $15 for it as a stand alone service at my spa. Call and ask for prices and explain your situation to some licensed estheticians. You would be amazed at how much we just want to help people in that kind of situation.
by Estheticsmama on 08/06/2014 13:16