Hydrogen Peroxide reviews

4.3/5 - 227 reviews

Walgreens Hydrogen Peroxide 3% First Aid Antiseptic, 16 Ounces
updated: 07/27/2016 09:36 UTC

Hydrogen Peroxide

Only treatment that has worked so far, very effective
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

I've had mild acne for almost two years now. I've tried almost everything from expensive cleansers to lemon juice and nothing works. Through intensive googling about acne, I decided to try Hydrogen Peroxide as a toner. The first few days were very painful as Hydrogen Peroxide stings on the skin (so if you have sensitive skin, do not try HP) but gradually I got used to it. I immediately noticed changes. I'd pop a pimple, apply HP, and then it would be gone the next day. I was amazed at the speed of this treatment. However, within the first two weeks I also got bad breakouts, but I kept on using HP. At the third week, I noticed I wasn't getting any bad breakouts anymore, and right now the right side of my face is almost clear, save for a few scars. I recently had a cyst on my left cheek and I had it gone in 3 days by applying HP twice daily. I believe Hydrogen Peroxide is the best treatment for acne, but it is widely unknown because dermatologists won't recommend it because they get paid to prescribe expensive drugs. Coupled with good diet, and sleep, I think my face can be completely clear in a few more weeks. I still get occasional breakouts, but now they're small and are not as bad as before and they're usually gone by a day or two thanks to Hydrogen Peroxide :)

It has it's uses...
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

If you have already popped a pimple, this will likely cause it to scab and scar. I use it to bleach my dark spots on days when I will be home all day, because it does leave my face a little blotchy for a few hours after I use it. Nonetheless, it kills bacteria, lightens and bleaches, and will dry up your acne. I just think there are better products to use.

NOTE: This stuff can be strong. Diluting it is a good idea if you're putting it all over your face.

DONT use it on your face
Reviewed on May 15, 2016

do not use this on your face. it breaks down your skin! but i do recommend that you use it on your teeth.Not only does it kill germs & bad breath, but I regularly get compliments on my nice white teeth.

by Michellet. on 06/09/2016 02:57
It breaks down your teeth and bone the same way it breaks down your skin. We recommend if you use hydrogen peroxide in your mouth to dilute it with the same amount of water and don't do it more than once a week. You may suffer bone loss and weaker teeth which can cause severe sensitivity.
do not recommend
Reviewed on April 2, 2016

I tried this as a spot treatment on several black heads and pimples. It only caused scabbing then scarring and when the scab and scar faded, the exact same black head was still there. Hydrogen peroxide actually may slow the production of healthy skin cell rejuvenation. It does seem to help disinfect things but not ideal for face and acne. I have found that Melrose essential oil works wonders though.

The Best Acne Treatment I've Ever Used
Reviewed on March 21, 2016

I've had acne for several years now so I have a lot of scarring from leftover breakouts. I've never found anything that has managed to effectively clear them up and also clear up my current breakouts. Let me preface this by saying my skin isn't particularly sensitive, just oily and dirty (no matter how much I clean it), so bare that in mind if you want to try this. I was very very sceptical about putting hydrogen peroxide anywhere near my face but after finding success with some more obscure acne treatments that were drying, I thought it was worth a shot. This product is a game changer. It has literally changed my life, no joke. I have been using it as a toner (concentrating it on active and old breakouts or scars) for about 2 or 3 weeks and my skin is nearly clear of all breakouts and my scars have significantly faded. I looked in the mirror the other day and for the first time in years I noticed my dark circles under my eyes instead of my acne! I've also noticed that my pores are cleaner. They used to be black, I have really bad, almost impossible to get rid of blackheads, but I've noticed they've changed to a greyish colour. Maybe this is the bleaching effect of the hydrogen peroxide but the oil production in my skin has also significantly changed. This does dry out your acne so it can become flaky when getting rid of breakouts. It can make your skin dry if you apply too much of it on areas that don't need it, but that can be fixed with a water based moisturiser. If you have oily skin it will help to balance it out. If you have dry skin, perhaps best to avoid though. To conclude, I'll never go without this ever again. It is the best acne treatment I've ever used and has actually given me hope that someday I might have clear skin.

it causes more breakouts
Reviewed on February 23, 2016

No i don't recommend this..

I got more acne, so i stopped using it..

If u want to try it choose an area of ur face where u

don't usually breakout and apply it for 3 continues days, if u won't get acne u can use it for the rest of ur face..

And yeah regarding the bleaching effect, definitely it lightened me up but i feel it's useless to get brighter skin with pimples everywhere !!!!

for other people with no acne i think it might work for them..

worked for my sensitive skin! :)
Reviewed on March 4, 2016

I am a 19 year old college student and have extremely sensitive skin. If I'm in class and put my hand on my face I'll break out- that's how sensitive I am. I went through Acutane my junior year in high school and I had a clear face for about 4 months after using it but then acne came back. I'm mostly familiar with cysts and really tender red pimples. I don't encourage you to pop pimples...but if you do, dip a q-tip into a hydrogen peroxide bottle and place it on the pimple that you popped. BE VERY GENTLE. Don't push as hard as you can to irritate it even worse than it is because it'll leave scars, just barley let the q-tip rest there for a minute or two. It does burn and it's kinda cool to look at the bubbles it makes, but it is COMPLETELY cleaning the pimple from the inside. After doing this a few times a day for only about two days, your skin will look perfect. ONLY POP PIMPLES WHEN THEY ARE READY. Don't do it in the beginning stages and some pimples just aren't the kind to be popped. lol trust me, I've more experience than I want with acne. ;)

P.S. I know that everyone's skin type is different, and may not work for you, but its definitely worth the try, maybe just test it out on the pimples that no one sees first (like your chest or back)

it works! give it a try!!
Reviewed on January 4, 2016

I don't recommend this if you have a sensitive skin. But it worked well for me, it stings but thats the use of it, to clean and disinfect the skin. I used it consistently for a whole week and I was surprised because it minimized my large zits and it left nothing but scars. ;)

Wonders
Reviewed on December 7, 2015

If you're like me you've tried just about everything for your acne. After years with dermatologists I started to believe that my acne wasn't an external problem, moreso a manifestation of an internal problem. So I began taking herbs, cutting out gluten, dairy, limited processed foods and eating less than 20g of sugars a day. That's when things really took a turn for the better! But I continued to get little bumps here and there. I recently started using hydrogen peroxide and my skins never been smoother. I suppose after all those years of popping, my skin was just seriously infected. The hydrogen peroxide cleans my pores!!! I use it after every shower. Good luck!

Reviewed on November 20, 2015

Very harsh chemical. Wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin. I tried it and it made my scarring worse.