Page 5 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 559 reviews

try it
Reviewed on January 30, 2016

I have a bunch of little white bumps on my face that you can see when I turn my head towards the light and they're horrible. I think they're whiteheads. Anyway so I put some honey on my face andleave it on for half an hour, then massage it off with water and you can feel the particles in yourfingers! My whiteheads are basically gone and its been 3 days. I also use nutmeg and honey on acne scars.

it works but be careful
Reviewed on December 24, 2015

I was using raw honey a lot all over my face for long periods of time and sometimes even overnight. While it does dramatically decrease the size and redness of any type of acne, it may clog your pores or cause small bumps. My face was covered in tiny bumps only noticeable in certain angles and lighting. They went away with BHA but im positive it was because of the honey. I still use tiny dabs of it on big pimples though. It's also really sticky and messy. I would advise to only use this sparingly (spot treat only and all over face mask for 20 mins) As a mask it is very beneficial, it shrank my pores dramatically, reduced oiliness and helped clear red marks. But it wasn't worth the closed comedones.

by Sulfandrist on 03/04/2016 20:08
Honey is never meant to be used as an overnight mask. I've tried it. :( But it works just as effective as a temporary mask like you said with no breakouts.
I really wanted this to work
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

I really wanted this to work for me, but using it after a week i got hives and itchiness. I realized that when i use this alone on my face i get a reaction, hence i now use it in small portions as part of my oatmeal scrub. PLEASE patch test for a week. Not even one day, but a WEEK. it took me a week to get hives and find out i had a reaction. I beg you guys to do a patch test, and keep doing a patch test for a while.

by Samuraitiger on 12/03/2015 02:00
Do you think you might be allergic to Honey?
by Chloe123 on 12/03/2015 03:38
@Samuraitiger No, i am not allergic to honey. It just didnt work well for my skin.
by Sulfandrist on 03/04/2016 20:06
You must have used the wrong type of honey. If you are allergic, most likely the honey you used is cheap quality. Anything less then 7 bucks is not legit raw honey, nor is anything with the grade A label on it. Try Really Raw Honey dude, I used to get redness from honey from Trader Joe's and other brands, but this RRH does not make my face red at all.
great anti-acnes , mosturising mask for face and lip
Reviewed on September 22, 2015

sorry for my english , i'm not the english native :)). I use organic honey taking from the forest. it's actually rare in grocery stores or supermarket but super super worth for me . it's not as sweet as the regular, industrial honey and thicker than a little bit .I usually apply it on my acnes which is squeezed to prevent swollen , pigmented spot , and it's really helpful . And I also use it as a mask , face cleaser , natural purifing drink for heathiness . tolly obsessed with it

Whyyy ???
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I can understand why after over using honey you get worse results and im going to explain you why but first excuse my english because it's not my first language :)

I used honey when i had a soooooo bad breakouts and irritated skin and honey worked perfectly because of its antioxidents - anti irritations - moistrazing and anti bacterial agents BUUUT its anti bacterial option dont give it the right to be OVER used !! why ?? Don t forget that skin has what is known by GOOD bacterias protecting your skin from veruses and others bacterias and "killing " those by honey will lead tovery serious problems . I hope i helped you ^__^

by oyes on 03/22/2016 10:26
i read a post where they say ''honey kills only the p.acnes bacteria which causes pimple/acne but doesnt kill the good bacteria''
allergic reactions and the role of the immune system
Reviewed on September 13, 2015

My suggestion based on immunology: honey contains microscopic particles of pollen, which induces allergies in many people. Applying honey to skin causes an initial spike in immune function at the site of application, killing off bacteria while cells also attack pollen particles. Further use of honey sensitizes skin and small red bumps, redness, and itchy skin results from eosinophilia (over active immune reaction) .

by Bowanda92 on 02/27/2016 18:16
If your allergic, I've been using it for months free from allergic reactions. Kind of like the allergy of nuts, I am sorry it doesn't work out for some people :(
Wish it worked
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

I used organic raw honey as a mask and an overnight spot treatment (mixed with cinnamon) for about 2 months. I really wish it had worked out. I think I was in denial for weeks about it working but then I started getting little bumps on every inch of my face and I had to call it quits. First few weeks I was breaking out mildly on my forehead, chin and the sides of my upper lips (places I never had a lot of acne before). I thought okay im purging, lets ride it out. Some cyst acne but minimal scarring. Started doing mask 20 min 2x a day, switched to manuka honey and it just seems to get worse. Then the texture of my skin was just horrible, bumps everywhere. I could not handle it anymore, switched back to benzoid peroxide and my skin has calmed down now. Such a pity though, wish I could find a natural "cure". Does seem to heal scars faster though maybe not prevent them.

Worked for awhile...
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

I used a honey lemon face mask for about a month and a half. The first few times I used it, it was great! My face was smoother and the redness was gone. Then I used it for about the 4th time, and suddenly I had the worst breakout I'd had in YEARS. My cheeks were covered in acne and nothing helped until I used the baking soda mask! Maybe I had a reaction to the lemon or honey, but I have no idea.

GREAT but ....
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

I've personally used raw honey as a cleanser/mask for my sensitive and acne prone skin sooo many times. (Make sure that if you try this method, get raw or pure honey) and it helped clear up my forehead acne and clogged pores pretty well, but over time ive noticed i developed an acne/rash type thing on the sides of my cheeks and odd areas on my face where i typically never break out. Although this is a great way to heal acne naturally, i do think you should watch out if you have sensitive skin like me.

Sort of ... I THINK
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

Sometimes I think honey does help - but in combination with other methods... I use raw honey but let me say YUM IT TASTES TOO GOOD!