Page 5 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 476 reviews

Honey.

Honey for facial wash improves skin immensely
Reviewed on June 6, 2013

I have tried so many different brand name products for acne/facial washes plus bar soaps and all organic soaps. Nothing helped much, most things made my skin worse(i am convinced it was the harsh chemicals).

I've been Washing my face with honey 1-2 times a day for about a month and my skin has improved IMMENSELY. I have sensitive,combination skin- but my skin used to get very oily in certain areas throughout the day, honey has lessened the oil my skin produces VASTLY~ I also use honey-cinnamon face masks once or twice a week after exfoliating with sugar.

HOW TO USE HONEY WASH: I open pores before honey wash with warm water(not hot!) to face or steam, always rinse well after with warm water, use lemon juice as a toner afterwards, and rinse again with cold water or an icecube and moisturize. My skin only has a few dots left now.

OTHER TIPS:

A healthy diet over the past many months was my main cure i believe (no sugar, dairy, wheat, oils, alcohol- Eat small portions, fast for 1-2 day periods once every 1-2 weeks- tons of veggis, some salmon/meat(boiled), and barely any fruit or nuts), plus 2+ cups green tea a day (after steeping most of the caffeine out for 40 seconds), 8 glasses of water, and exercise for 20mins-1hr after meals and to reduce stress. Sleep for 8 to 10 hours.

It's hard work but it totally paid off. Good luck!!

Reviewed on May 13, 2013

I have had severe acne, gone through 2 rounds of acutane, and have used expensive face washes and meds. I also messed up my hormones and ruined my complexion again by trying birth control pills. I was so heart broken that my face was getting ssooo bad and i was getting married in a couple of weeks. So my mom told me about using RAW honey. I am so glad she did!! i leave it on for about 10-30 minutes then rinse of. In two days i saw a HUGE difference in my face and decided to use it every day up to my wedding. It was such a blessing to find something that 1) smelt good 2) safe and healthy 3) CLEARED MY FACE!!!!! I recommend trying this for at least a week before you spend a ton of money at the doctor using all sorts of chemicals. YAY HONEY!

by Baybay on 09/14/2013 00:45
Not sure why you would say this worked great for you but only give it 2 stars
by da808gypsy on 05/05/2014 23:16
Why did you rate 2 stars if you liked it?

Reviewed on April 9, 2013

I know this is hailed as a miracle cure, and I have no doubt that it works for 95% of people--but do yourself a favor before you try this out and test it on your skin first before being an idiot like me and slathering it all over your face.

This is just a warning, not a review against using the honey mask.

Apparently I'm topically allergic to honey. Who knew? My forehead was always clear and smooth, but after two nightly uses of honey, I broke out there. Pimples were not a big deal to get rid of, it's the scars that are the worst for me (I have medium-gold skin tone). My face also became inflamed, red, and itchy immediately after smearing it on. I did buy raw local honey, too, so it's not as though it was processed crap.

For those 5 percent of you who discover you're allergic, try some lemon juice applied topically. It reversed the allergic reaction quickly, and is fading my scars and shrinking my cysts.

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

I've tried every chemical treatment on the planet and nothing every worked for me, until I made this honey mask. I found a recipe for honey, cinnamon, eggnog, and lemon juice. This combination on my skin has worked a miracle. My acne is now nonexistent and my deep scars are getting smaller and smaller by the minute. I leave the mask on for 20 minutes every other night. Now that my acne is gone I'm going to cut that down and add more natural remedies to my skin care regime.

Reviewed on February 15, 2013

Well, I've started using raw honey on my face everyday since three days. It is amazing so far. I've seen some small changes, which I think that within two weeks, will be great changes as my acne is not so severe. Im also using some products like eryacne, triacneal and cleanance by avene. I wouldn't tell you only to rely on honey, because it doesn't cure acne. It just helps with redness, and scarring, but doesn't cure it. Im also using birth control pills and some other natural pills.

Reviewed on February 9, 2013

I started using honey this morning as a mask for 20 minutes, and I already see a difference. It is a small change, so I think patience is needed, but my skin is definitely softer. I will definitely continue using this treatment for a few weeks. I will post my results then. I have had acne for about 3 years now, and it's only on the right side of my face....but I can see a difference already, so I really hope this works! I eat limited gluten, 8 glasses of water, and don't eat junkfood!