Page 5 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 479 reviews

Honey.

Great addition to a regular skincare routine.
Reviewed on July 6, 2013

I mix one part raw honey to one part lemon juice and leave it on ~30 minutes every day, in addition to my regular regimen (which combines natural and drugstore remedies and doesn't include a diet).

The honey/lemon mixture improves redness, painful areas, and makes skin softer. It also fades scars over time. Acne-wise, it isn't a miracle cure, but after a few weeks it does seem to have reduced the number, severity, and length of my breakouts some.

The consistency of honey makes it a little difficult to work with, but I find that thinning it out with a liquid--I chose lemon juice because it also reduces redness, and because the combo tastes great--makes it a lot easier to pour, apply, and wash off.

I also washed out an old pump bottle of moisturizer and use it to store my honey/lemon mixture. This makes it WAY less messy. It also helps moderate the amount you put on your face--it doesn't dry out, so if you use too much it'll run right off your face, drip everywhere, and get in your eyes.

Gets your skin glowing & probably reduces acne
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

My skin is super sensitive & acne prone. I had a clear skin after a long time but had scars. And, in order to reduce the acne scars, I consulted the dermatologist. Much to my vain, after around 4 months of treatment, I started having big breakouts on my no-acne skin. I stopped all the treatment & stuck with honey mask. I sincerely applied honey for around 2 hours every day without a miss. I dint see any improvement on the acne or the scars, but, I dint see any new breakout either.

Honey, doesn't harm my skin. It makes it more smooth & shiny for sure. But, I am really not sure whether it reduces the acne growth / fades the scars.

Great way to sooth angry skin and bring back an even tone.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Honey masks are wonderful to do once or twice a week, they leave your skin feeling fresh, bright, tight, and even-toned. They can be a bit drying if you overdo them.. but in moderation, they are relaxing, and effective.

Honey for facial wash improves skin immensely
Reviewed on June 6, 2013

I have tried so many different brand name products for acne/facial washes plus bar soaps and all organic soaps. Nothing helped much, most things made my skin worse(i am convinced it was the harsh chemicals).

I've been Washing my face with honey 1-2 times a day for about a month and my skin has improved IMMENSELY. I have sensitive,combination skin- but my skin used to get very oily in certain areas throughout the day, honey has lessened the oil my skin produces VASTLY~ I also use honey-cinnamon face masks once or twice a week after exfoliating with sugar.

HOW TO USE HONEY WASH: I open pores before honey wash with warm water(not hot!) to face or steam, always rinse well after with warm water, use lemon juice as a toner afterwards, and rinse again with cold water or an icecube and moisturize. My skin only has a few dots left now.

OTHER TIPS:

A healthy diet over the past many months was my main cure i believe (no sugar, dairy, wheat, oils, alcohol- Eat small portions, fast for 1-2 day periods once every 1-2 weeks- tons of veggis, some salmon/meat(boiled), and barely any fruit or nuts), plus 2+ cups green tea a day (after steeping most of the caffeine out for 40 seconds), 8 glasses of water, and exercise for 20mins-1hr after meals and to reduce stress. Sleep for 8 to 10 hours.

It's hard work but it totally paid off. Good luck!!

Reviewed on May 13, 2013

I have had severe acne, gone through 2 rounds of acutane, and have used expensive face washes and meds. I also messed up my hormones and ruined my complexion again by trying birth control pills. I was so heart broken that my face was getting ssooo bad and i was getting married in a couple of weeks. So my mom told me about using RAW honey. I am so glad she did!! i leave it on for about 10-30 minutes then rinse of. In two days i saw a HUGE difference in my face and decided to use it every day up to my wedding. It was such a blessing to find something that 1) smelt good 2) safe and healthy 3) CLEARED MY FACE!!!!! I recommend trying this for at least a week before you spend a ton of money at the doctor using all sorts of chemicals. YAY HONEY!

by Baybay on 09/14/2013 00:45
Not sure why you would say this worked great for you but only give it 2 stars
by da808gypsy on 05/05/2014 23:16
Why did you rate 2 stars if you liked it?

Reviewed on April 9, 2013

I know this is hailed as a miracle cure, and I have no doubt that it works for 95% of people--but do yourself a favor before you try this out and test it on your skin first before being an idiot like me and slathering it all over your face.

This is just a warning, not a review against using the honey mask.

Apparently I'm topically allergic to honey. Who knew? My forehead was always clear and smooth, but after two nightly uses of honey, I broke out there. Pimples were not a big deal to get rid of, it's the scars that are the worst for me (I have medium-gold skin tone). My face also became inflamed, red, and itchy immediately after smearing it on. I did buy raw local honey, too, so it's not as though it was processed crap.

For those 5 percent of you who discover you're allergic, try some lemon juice applied topically. It reversed the allergic reaction quickly, and is fading my scars and shrinking my cysts.