Page 5 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 458 reviews

Reviewed on January 6, 2013

My mom told me to use honey, after all of the medications that I had tried failed to give me the result I had hoped for. Although I didn't see my acne completely go away, the antioxidants in the honey cleaned out the pus in my pores, reduced the redness and swelling, and even stopped new breakouts from occuring. Definately try it because the honey is so much cheaper, more natural and more effective than any of those creams!

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

I spent 15 years battling acne, and was depressed from doctors visits and paying for prescriptions that don't work. I can't believe how great the honey mask works- it has changed my life. Here's my drill: I put a warm compress on my face, use 1 tablespoon honey, mixed with 1 tablespoon baking soda and leave it on for 30-50 minutes 1xday. After 2 days of use, zits were no longer red in my problem zones. 1.5 weeks later, cystic acne started disappearing from my jawline. Do it! Best thing ever!

Reviewed on December 11, 2012

I've been using raw organic honey as a mask 3 times per week for about six months now. I started using it after reading this article here...[link removed] This article has a lot of good information on why and how to use honey to treat acne.

It has worked wonders on my acne-prone skin. I used to get breakouts all the time, but I feel like since I've started using the honey my acne is under control. My skin is not 100% cleared but there is definitely a huge improvement since using the honey mask. It helps reduce redness, which is a big benefit for me. It's also nice to use a natural facial a few times a week rather than some store bought facial mask that has a ton of different ingredients in it.

Reviewed on November 28, 2012

I have spent thousands of dollars over the years on OTC acne treatments, caved and spent hundreds on prescription treatments with a dermatologist, and my sensitive skin just kept getting worse. I tried honey right before I was supposed to start Accutane, and thank GOD. I either wash with it like a cleanser or leave it on as a masque and my skin, while not perfect, has gone from embarrassingly angry to a few hormonal breakouts a month. I love honey and highly recommend it to everyone.

The prescription things that did not work before I tried honey:

benzoyl peroxide (skin peeled off but still broke out)

salicylic acid (same as above, only less severe)

retin-a

monodox

orthotricyclin

sulfacetamide

others i cannot remember

the otc things that did not work:

all of them, including proactiv and neutrogena and even things like miracle whip masque

Reviewed on November 27, 2012

I started doing the water-only regimen but I will occasionally spot treat with raw honey. For some reason, it seemed that when I was using BP and stuff, spot treating with honey would never really do much so I gave up.

I got an initial breakout from the water-only regimen (I quit BP, differin, cleansers and moisturizers cold-turkey so it's not surprise, really) and I wanted something to spot treat/heal with that could be washed off with only water. I returned to the raw honey and it has been working well. I had a chin cyst/nodule last night so I put some on it and it's no longer lumpy.

My acne is now light.

Reviewed on November 6, 2012

Everyone! use honey! get the raw unpasteurized one! I bought one from my local farmer's market. I am a guy and i'm 17. i have finally cured my acne but i have lots of red marks left from it! Each time I use my honey mask the scars lessen and my skin is starting to look beautiful again!! hahaha. its like when i was little and looked in the mirror at that beautiful flawless skin! It's especially good with brown and red spots! These will fade overtime but the honey really speeds it up! it might also help some for their actual acne because honey has antibacterial properties but that will probably take a long time. i use it every day for one hour before bed. the longer you use it the more effective it is. i heard about someone who slept with it on and it was amazing for them! i just use it for my scars and it works wonderful! good luck to everyone curing their acne! :)

Reviewed on October 15, 2012

I have tried every face wash in the drug store, at the dermatologist, you name it. I even tried tea tree oil, that turned how horrible for me. I was fed up! Then I came across all these articles about how all these women used raw honey and never looked back. So I went to my grocery store and bought RAW honey. It's in a jar and it's not clear or runny.

For the first 2 weeks, you will purge. In my experience, I had those little white heads, so it wasn't that annoying. By the third week, I was smooth, clear, and my acne scars had reduced quite a lot. My normally freakish oil face had reduced as well. I still get a bit of shine, but not nearly as bad. I appreciate that. This is what I use/do.

Every morning and night I first use Mill Creek's Wild Oats Scrub (all natural ingredients- like honey, aloe, oatmeal, almond, and apricot)

After the scrub, I wash with raw honey, just like you would do with any other cleanser.

At least twice a week, I use Freeman's Cucumber Peel. This really brightens my skin tone. I never had a bad reaction from it.

At least once a week, I will steam my face for 5-10 mins, then use pore strips. My pores aren't as clogged as before, I just can't help using them. It's a guilty pleasure...

After I wash and/or use my peels. I will moisturize with Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel. The clear kind, I don't use the one died blue, I don't trust it.

Some people may not have to use a moisturizer after the honey, but I do because aloe serves as an extra healing agent and of course it fades scars.

If you've tried everything else and nothing works, please give this a try!

Reviewed on October 9, 2012

I've used it for about a week and I saw an improvement, like my skin is softer, smoother, my pores are tighter,etc. it's not like a drastic change but ill definitely keep on using it.

Ps: I mix it with a few drops of lemon juice and leave it on my face overnight, as well as a 15 minutes mask while I take a bath. Be careful to use unpastherized honey so you can enjoy all the benefits.

Reviewed on September 5, 2012

After roughly 6 years of persistent acne, redness, countless prescriptions from my dermatologist, and lost hope, I've ventured into more holistic solutions.

I started by ordering a vegetable oil based soap from online with all natural ingredients. This replaced my normal face wash. The honey mask was meant to replace all the extra prescriptions I formally used. I like to apply the mask right after a shower, when my pores are open. I'll leave it on for 2-3 hours and then gently wash it off. After only a few weeks, my acne is significantly reduced and the overall quality of skin is better. Sometimes, I'll dab on a little honey as a spot treatment. I also recommend an avocado mask for people with extremely dry and damaged skin like mine. It leaves your skin even softer than honey alone.

Honey Mask:

1 tbsp. RAW honey (the white kind, it is not processed and has the most antioxidants)

1 tsp. cinnamon

Avocado mask:

Half of a small avocado

1 tsp. olive oil

1 tbsp. honey

(For very dry skin: put a little vitamin E oil on afterwards, and your skin will be SOOO soft.)

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

I started off using a honey mask, and when it did not bring great results, I decided to further research ways to enhance the mask. Using information gathered from different sources of the internet, I made a mix of:

1TSP Cinnamon

1TSP Nutmeg

2TSP Honey

I would then mix this together and apply this to my face using the back of a spoon. I left it on for between 1-3 hours. I typically noticed results right after I took the mask off, and after only four days the acne on my face had calmed down significantly and is 99% gone. I think it will only take one more session to completely remove the acne on my skin.

Note-

In the last day of this 'regimen' I decided to add a small amount (maybe a teaspoon) of Apple Cider Vinegar to try and speed up the process. While it burned ever so slightly while applied to my face, it was worth it as it helped significantly.