Page 4 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 516 reviews

Honey Mask

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

I am amazed!
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

I have had unccontrolable acne since I was 12, I am now 20. I have bad cystic mixed acne with terrible scarring. I have used for two weeks now manuka +12 organic honey from holland and barret on my face every night from 7-10pm then wash it off with warm water and apple manuka and apple cider vinegar, also from holland and barret, as a toner afterwards. After this I use simple's oil balancing moisturiser and my skin hasnt been clearer.

>>>>Honey and Lemon<<<<
Reviewed on February 20, 2015

Before using this, I needed to just stop my active acne so i can work on my hyper pigmentation, so i used a banana peel and it worked very well, then I turned to lemon for my acne scars. The lemon itself every night made a big difference in just two weeks, but I felt like my skin was getting a little dry and sensitive to the sun. A few days ago, I started adding honey to my lemon mask and it works great! My skin is very well moisturized and my scars continue to fade(They were super dark, and now they are almost gone). I try to put this mask on right when I come from school, leave it on when I do my homework, and wash it off before taking a shower. So overall, I have this mask on my face for about 1-2 hours. I'm not brave enough to keep honey on my face when I sleep because it is too sticky for that lol but I heard it works well either way. Before using this, I noticed that a few of my pores were larger and I heard that honey does the trick and after using it, I am noticing that my pores do look smaller than before. So the honey and lemon is an excellent treatment for moisturizing, hyper pigmentation, skin sensitivity, pores, natural glow, lightening, hydration, and I'm sure it works very well for nourishment of the skin in general. Very little people get a rash as a side effect but not very often, if you want, you can do a test spot to see how the skin reacts. It really doesn't hurt to try though and if it works for you, keep at it because it takes a while to see results but you'll love what you see in the end!

Reviewed on February 1, 2015

I've been washing my face with honey every night for about 5 weeks now and it has really helped! It has really helped moisturize my face and make my skin so smooth and soft. I will say though, it took about 3 weeks before I started to see results. I won't say this cured my acne, but it really did clear it up! I do still get small pimples popping up once and awhile, but they are small and are usually gone again within a day. I use this every night, and then apply a homemade toner made up of tea tree oil and raw apple cider vinegar. If you decide to try this treatment, please give it at least 5 weeks trial. Nothing will really work within a week. I'm so glad that I stuck to this system, it has really worked for me!

Average - at best - for cystic acne. OK for moderate acne.
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

If you don't go with benzoyl peroxide you're crazy, but this is about the best of the "natural" remedies. However trust me for extreme acne this doesn't work particularly well other than taking the edge off the worst symptoms.

Recommended only for very mild acne.

Honey is great!
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

Good for an overnight mask, and I sometimes mix a tiny bit in my moisturizer during the day. Great for my sensitive skin. This is basically a more gentle version of glycolic acid. I wash my face with honey after I wash my face because it prevents my skin from getting really dry and cracked after I take a shower.

Good scrub
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

I have cystic acne and am very skeptical about putting things on my face. This has made my acne scars lighter without breaking me out... Be sure to buy FDA organic.

Recommend using raw, local stuff
Reviewed on December 14, 2014

Backstory: I used to do way too much to my face, the whole "3-step program" crap which just broke me out worse. I'd tried just about everything and finally gave up on all the "systems" and store-bought "miracles".

Now, gentle cleanser at night (I use Simple because there isn't anything bad in it) to take off makeup and just a damp washcloth in the morning. I followed each with Lush's Grease Lightning as an acne fighter/moisturizer (I've been battling acne for half my life). But, once fall weather kicked in, it wasn't enough moisture. I was super dry.

I'd also been using the honey cinnamon mask, which added some moisture for the rest of the night but didn't last any longer. I thought, man, is there any possible way for me to use plain, raw honey as a night moisturizer without it being so sticky?

Yes. Yes there is. I mixed a pencil-eraser-sized amount of Naked Raw honey with the same amount of this 10% benzoyl peroxide cream which I got for $1.50 at Dollar General. It's a little tacky, but it's doable. It's nowhere near as bad as lipgloss. Your hair won't stick to it if the wind blows it on your face. About a week after I started this (instead of the Grease Lightning at night), I added a tiny bit of coconut oil for added moisture. It's not necessary, but it doesn't seem to hinder, either. The only thing is that you really need to rub this stuff in or else it will just sit on your face. However, my face is clearer than it has been since I was 10, and that's really saying something.

Didn't help
Reviewed on November 12, 2014

I used just honey as a face wash for about a week. It made my skin feel good, but after the week I was getting small red blemishes on the skin around my nose, where I don't usually breakout at all. That was my sign this wasn't working for my skin, so I stopped.

Reviewed on November 3, 2014

honey is great.....why not use honey with a cup of warm tea choose a tea that's caffeine free and let it work from the inside honey is good for the body and i'm sure whatever shows up on your face is due to toxin within your body and also if i wanted thing's to work productively i would not EAT every time i feel i need to... my body needs to repair itself if i keep over doing things my internal organs will never work properly so drink up that water and GOOD LUCK!

I really like :)
Reviewed on November 3, 2014

so honey is yummy, sweet, longlasting and all things nice. well honey just got nicer, because you can apply it to your face :). I use honey as a base in all my homemade scrubs, facial masks etc. I really love the smell of honey too. i love to mix honey with lemon juice and sugar to create an exfoliator/scrub (sorry about my spelling), also i mix honey, lemon juice and milk powder to create a mask. would recommend this inngredient to everybody! thankyou and goodluck.