Page 4 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 476 reviews

Honey.

i love this product!
Reviewed on December 2, 2013

I think this is great for people with sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin myself which is why many products do not work for me so i like to research more natural remedies :) i put the honey on the few spots and left it on overnight and when i woke up already some of the redness was gone :DDD i think that if i keep using this it will reduce blemishes even more. I hope that anyone else who would like to use this will have great results! Good luck

P.s please comment on this review and tell me if it worked for you :)

Update: i had a painful spot on my forehead and it was quite large. I put honey on it and left it overnight. The next morning its size was reduced and it was no longer hurting. I do recomend for anyone who has painful spots to try this :) comment if it worked for you or not :)

Honey and Baking Soda=Great Results!
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I have had acne since I was a teenager, now in my twenties and it's still a huge problem for me :( I started washing my face every night with honey and baking soda, LIGHTLY scrubbing my face with my fingertips in a circular motion, then I let my face air dry and apply an apple cider toner (just diluted apple cider, 1/2 water 1/2 apple cider). It has actually worked wonders, WAY more effective than all the drugstore facewashes I've tried over the years ...I still have a few breakouts here and there but my skin is MUCH clearer, its brighter and just looks healthier. Plus, so much cheaper! I also use honey as an overnight spot treatment, dabbing it on problem areas...a little bit messy but trust me, its worth it! Also, make sure to use only pure unpasteurized honey....the other stuff has a bunch of additives that could be comedogenic and clog your pores

AMAZING
Reviewed on November 25, 2013

I did a honey mask (after a patch test, make sure you do a patch test first!) and that evening I used African Black Soap (as I always do) and my face was STINGING (guess it's all those open pores being cleaned thoroughly out) but then the next morning my skin was so SOFT and glowing I couldn't believe it! Definitely going to be doing this on the regular (once a week)

Love this.
Reviewed on November 21, 2013

I used a honey and cinnamon mask last night for 30 minutes. When I took it off, the blemishes I had picked at were less inflamed and the redness had gone down. I deiced to use this as a spot treatment overnight on certain pimples. I woke up this morning, and my pimples had turned into scabs. Flat scabs! I was filled with joy. This is the best natural home remedy I have found. My skin type is acne-prone, dry, (with the occasional oily nose) and sensitive. This didn't burn my face at all. Don't heat it up in the microwave though, it could lose its antibacterial properties. Make sure it's 100% pure honey as well. (: I wouldn't recommended leaving your entire face covered overnight, just certain spots.

Great stuff!
Reviewed on August 30, 2013

Now, I haven't used this for very long, only tried it once. From all the cleaning and picking away, my skin was rough and horrible. It felt damaged, it looked damaged. It was not cool. I wanted to try something natural that would help my skin glow and nourish it at the same time. I went to Whole Foods and bought some organic raw honey. I put it on my skin for about 5-10 minutes after exfoliating. The next day I didn't get any new breakouts and my red marks and scars from picking seemed to look a little less evil. I'm going to do it probably 2-3 times a week and hopefully see some improvement!

i use this nightly with cinnamon mixed into it, and i find it to be helpful so far!
Reviewed on August 12, 2013

definitely give it a try, it's relatively inexpensive. of course be sure that you are using honey, as many big chain grocery stores try to pass off corn syrup as honey sometimes! organic and local is best :-)

Gets rid of blackheads. USE RAW HONEY (or manuka above +18)
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

Would rather use this to wash my face than anything else, really has helped better than anything i've ever tried to get rid of blackheads on my nose (tried ocm, all acid peels, all scrubs including coffee and microdermabrasian, epsom salts, urine therapy etc etc)

but when i want to really dry out my white heads quickly i use african black soap (a simplistic formula not containing palm oil)

in conjunction with taking standardised saw palmetto my acne has disappeared forever.

Great addition to a regular skincare routine.
Reviewed on July 6, 2013

I mix one part raw honey to one part lemon juice and leave it on ~30 minutes every day, in addition to my regular regimen (which combines natural and drugstore remedies and doesn't include a diet).

The honey/lemon mixture improves redness, painful areas, and makes skin softer. It also fades scars over time. Acne-wise, it isn't a miracle cure, but after a few weeks it does seem to have reduced the number, severity, and length of my breakouts some.

The consistency of honey makes it a little difficult to work with, but I find that thinning it out with a liquid--I chose lemon juice because it also reduces redness, and because the combo tastes great--makes it a lot easier to pour, apply, and wash off.

I also washed out an old pump bottle of moisturizer and use it to store my honey/lemon mixture. This makes it WAY less messy. It also helps moderate the amount you put on your face--it doesn't dry out, so if you use too much it'll run right off your face, drip everywhere, and get in your eyes.

Gets your skin glowing & probably reduces acne
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

My skin is super sensitive & acne prone. I had a clear skin after a long time but had scars. And, in order to reduce the acne scars, I consulted the dermatologist. Much to my vain, after around 4 months of treatment, I started having big breakouts on my no-acne skin. I stopped all the treatment & stuck with honey mask. I sincerely applied honey for around 2 hours every day without a miss. I dint see any improvement on the acne or the scars, but, I dint see any new breakout either.

Honey, doesn't harm my skin. It makes it more smooth & shiny for sure. But, I am really not sure whether it reduces the acne growth / fades the scars.

Great way to sooth angry skin and bring back an even tone.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Honey masks are wonderful to do once or twice a week, they leave your skin feeling fresh, bright, tight, and even-toned. They can be a bit drying if you overdo them.. but in moderation, they are relaxing, and effective.