Page 4 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 473 reviews

Honey.

Love this.
Reviewed on November 21, 2013

I used a honey and cinnamon mask last night for 30 minutes. When I took it off, the blemishes I had picked at were less inflamed and the redness had gone down. I deiced to use this as a spot treatment overnight on certain pimples. I woke up this morning, and my pimples had turned into scabs. Flat scabs! I was filled with joy. This is the best natural home remedy I have found. My skin type is acne-prone, dry, (with the occasional oily nose) and sensitive. This didn't burn my face at all. Don't heat it up in the microwave though, it could lose its antibacterial properties. Make sure it's 100% pure honey as well. (: I wouldn't recommended leaving your entire face covered overnight, just certain spots.

Great stuff!
Reviewed on August 30, 2013

Now, I haven't used this for very long, only tried it once. From all the cleaning and picking away, my skin was rough and horrible. It felt damaged, it looked damaged. It was not cool. I wanted to try something natural that would help my skin glow and nourish it at the same time. I went to Whole Foods and bought some organic raw honey. I put it on my skin for about 5-10 minutes after exfoliating. The next day I didn't get any new breakouts and my red marks and scars from picking seemed to look a little less evil. I'm going to do it probably 2-3 times a week and hopefully see some improvement!

i use this nightly with cinnamon mixed into it, and i find it to be helpful so far!
Reviewed on August 12, 2013

definitely give it a try, it's relatively inexpensive. of course be sure that you are using honey, as many big chain grocery stores try to pass off corn syrup as honey sometimes! organic and local is best :-)

Gets rid of blackheads. USE RAW HONEY (or manuka above +18)
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

Would rather use this to wash my face than anything else, really has helped better than anything i've ever tried to get rid of blackheads on my nose (tried ocm, all acid peels, all scrubs including coffee and microdermabrasian, epsom salts, urine therapy etc etc)

but when i want to really dry out my white heads quickly i use african black soap (a simplistic formula not containing palm oil)

in conjunction with taking standardised saw palmetto my acne has disappeared forever.

Great addition to a regular skincare routine.
Reviewed on July 6, 2013

I mix one part raw honey to one part lemon juice and leave it on ~30 minutes every day, in addition to my regular regimen (which combines natural and drugstore remedies and doesn't include a diet).

The honey/lemon mixture improves redness, painful areas, and makes skin softer. It also fades scars over time. Acne-wise, it isn't a miracle cure, but after a few weeks it does seem to have reduced the number, severity, and length of my breakouts some.

The consistency of honey makes it a little difficult to work with, but I find that thinning it out with a liquid--I chose lemon juice because it also reduces redness, and because the combo tastes great--makes it a lot easier to pour, apply, and wash off.

I also washed out an old pump bottle of moisturizer and use it to store my honey/lemon mixture. This makes it WAY less messy. It also helps moderate the amount you put on your face--it doesn't dry out, so if you use too much it'll run right off your face, drip everywhere, and get in your eyes.

Gets your skin glowing & probably reduces acne
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

My skin is super sensitive & acne prone. I had a clear skin after a long time but had scars. And, in order to reduce the acne scars, I consulted the dermatologist. Much to my vain, after around 4 months of treatment, I started having big breakouts on my no-acne skin. I stopped all the treatment & stuck with honey mask. I sincerely applied honey for around 2 hours every day without a miss. I dint see any improvement on the acne or the scars, but, I dint see any new breakout either.

Honey, doesn't harm my skin. It makes it more smooth & shiny for sure. But, I am really not sure whether it reduces the acne growth / fades the scars.

Great way to sooth angry skin and bring back an even tone.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Honey masks are wonderful to do once or twice a week, they leave your skin feeling fresh, bright, tight, and even-toned. They can be a bit drying if you overdo them.. but in moderation, they are relaxing, and effective.

Honey for facial wash improves skin immensely
Reviewed on June 6, 2013

I have tried so many different brand name products for acne/facial washes plus bar soaps and all organic soaps. Nothing helped much, most things made my skin worse(i am convinced it was the harsh chemicals).

I've been Washing my face with honey 1-2 times a day for about a month and my skin has improved IMMENSELY. I have sensitive,combination skin- but my skin used to get very oily in certain areas throughout the day, honey has lessened the oil my skin produces VASTLY~ I also use honey-cinnamon face masks once or twice a week after exfoliating with sugar.

HOW TO USE HONEY WASH: I open pores before honey wash with warm water(not hot!) to face or steam, always rinse well after with warm water, use lemon juice as a toner afterwards, and rinse again with cold water or an icecube and moisturize. My skin only has a few dots left now.

OTHER TIPS:

A healthy diet over the past many months was my main cure i believe (no sugar, dairy, wheat, oils, alcohol- Eat small portions, fast for 1-2 day periods once every 1-2 weeks- tons of veggis, some salmon/meat(boiled), and barely any fruit or nuts), plus 2+ cups green tea a day (after steeping most of the caffeine out for 40 seconds), 8 glasses of water, and exercise for 20mins-1hr after meals and to reduce stress. Sleep for 8 to 10 hours.

It's hard work but it totally paid off. Good luck!!

Reviewed on May 13, 2013

I have had severe acne, gone through 2 rounds of acutane, and have used expensive face washes and meds. I also messed up my hormones and ruined my complexion again by trying birth control pills. I was so heart broken that my face was getting ssooo bad and i was getting married in a couple of weeks. So my mom told me about using RAW honey. I am so glad she did!! i leave it on for about 10-30 minutes then rinse of. In two days i saw a HUGE difference in my face and decided to use it every day up to my wedding. It was such a blessing to find something that 1) smelt good 2) safe and healthy 3) CLEARED MY FACE!!!!! I recommend trying this for at least a week before you spend a ton of money at the doctor using all sorts of chemicals. YAY HONEY!

by Baybay on 09/14/2013 00:45
Not sure why you would say this worked great for you but only give it 2 stars
by da808gypsy on 05/05/2014 23:16
Why did you rate 2 stars if you liked it?
Reviewed on May 13, 2013