Page 4 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 559 reviews

Had Horrible Results
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

Decided to try raw honey mixed with cinnamon for a 20 min mask. Worst choice of my life. After removing, my face was puffy and red. My existing acne was inflamed and larger, and also broke out more. I never had acne THIS bad! Considering all these good reviews, I might just be allergic to honey. I've been using AVC as a toner lately, I hope it will clear up my skin but so far it has just improved my complexion, not my acne. I'm so disappointed in the result after reading such positive reviews. I hope I find a cure soon :(

by Khrystyna on 07/01/2016 14:44
I read somewhere that cinnamom is a really bad choice for skin masks, that it can do more harm then help. If you're feeling brave, try it again, but withouth cinnamon. Honey does leave my skin a bit reddish after using it, but it goes away within 30 min... I have never heard a bad honey mask review ('till now), so don't be discouraged, try it for a couple of minutes (withouth cinnamon!), and if it doesn't feel good, take it off, but give honey a second chance! :)
by Meet_SM on 09/08/2016 09:30
Did you continue using honey?? As I also faces the same problems & stopped using it (although I used only honey).
good for a while, but backfired on me
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

At first mixing honey and cinnamon in a 2:1 ratio worked wonders on my skin and for the first time in a long while i had clearer and brighter skin

Unfortunately around my third time using it i began to notice small white bumps forming on my forehead. these bumps are difficult to get rid of (i think theyre seriously clogged pores but i may be wrong) i have since switched to apple cidar vinegar :(

Okay
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

I've tried the honey and sugar mask and it was just okay. I also felt like the sugar tore my skin a bit.

raw honey
Reviewed on April 28, 2016

I love this stuff. it makes skin so soft and smooth and helps with scarring. I do a mask once a week and leave on for about 30-45 minutes. it really has made a huge difference in my complexion. Make sure you get raw honey!

love it!!
Reviewed on April 14, 2016

i have been using the honey mask for the past 2 days and love it. But my question is " what kind of moisturizer do i use after applying this mask?" my skin can get extremely dry around the mouth. TIA.

by green80 on 04/28/2016 14:17
i use unfrefined extra virgin coconut oil it works really well i use it morning and before bed it wont leave skin oily it leaves it so soft helps great if you have dry skin
like it
Reviewed on March 22, 2016

This is the best thing for my sensitive skin. I've been using raw honey as a cleanser/mask. i wet my face and then i rub the honey into my skin and let it sit for like 5-15 minutes and then i wash it off. actually i use it as a spot treatment too 😍 it seems like it gets rid of the pimple just not the cysts. but overall i like it

i had severe acne as a teen!
Reviewed on March 14, 2016

So when i was a teenager i had the worst acne like pimple on top of pimple and i hated it i felt so ugly and I'm a girl so i think its a bit worse i tried every drugstore product that only made it worse. SO i went to home remedies and OMG this is the BEST there could be i personally didn't buy raw organic honey or organic cinnamon i just went to walmart bought the honey and cinnamon for less than 10 bucks for both and i added a few drops of lemon to the mix i used it everyday for an hour and that people was the only thing that got ride of my acne it took a few months, but i promise my face is now so smooth you can't even tell i ever had acne i have NO scars that I'm really amazed due to the severely of my acne. I'm now 26 yrs old and i still use it when have minor breakouts before my period but they never last more than 3 days i swear i wish i could post a before and after pic and you'd be amazed! i had sever acne that i never thought id have a clean face but i have had one since a i was 19 ! i wish i would've known this remedy when i was 13-18 the worst acne years of my life! Im in the esthetics career now and when they compliment my skin and ask what i do i always tell them about my cinnamon and honey remedy thats the only thing i use and some no one believes i ever had acne because i have no scars and my skin is so smooth and i look like I'm still 19 I LOOOOVVEEE IT!

by green80 on 04/28/2016 14:20
should i use the honey and cinnamon everyday if not what should i use in place on days i do not use the mask
Yup. It's love.
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

Well, I was doing a honey mask for 1h every day. Just raw honey. Every time I didn't do it, my skin would not look as good. When I had a breakout, I would add turmeric. Anyway, my skin would be so soft and smooth afterwards.

I only do it once a week now. But yeah, I love it. True love.

LOVE IT
Reviewed on February 12, 2016

i love raw honey. It tastes great with porridge and hot milk and it is great for my skin and for neutralizing the free radicals/pollutants in our skin as well as preventing breakouts.. it makes my skin feel soft and look healthy.

Honey wonder mask
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

Acne and that too huge cystic ones can wreak an havoc on your confidence. I have done a lot of research on alternate therapies and with many trial and errors discovered this mask. I used it regularly AM and PM for 30 min each. Start with 5 min and gradually increase the duration to avoid burning of skin. Sharing this with a hope that others benefit

1 tsp -Cinnamon powder ( organic)

1 tsp- Nutmeg (organic)

2 tsp- Honey

5-10 drops- Tea tree/lavender ( which ever suits your skin)

1/2 tsp- Turmeric

1/2 tsp aloe vera ( subsitute with youghurt sometimes)

This can be stored upto a week . Try it out as a patch first. Go ahead and let me know if it works.

by Jazzyjose8 on 02/14/2016 13:38
Also cinnamon can cause irritation and don't use lavender. Any esthetician would tell you essential oils in skincare is not good