Page 4 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 479 reviews

Honey.

Helps with inflammation and skin texture
Reviewed on January 8, 2014

Using pure honey is the best mask for my face, and much cheaper too. I use organic honey and the honey that comes with the plain Fage yogurt (random, but it works so good). I can leave the mask on for hours and then wash it off. Helps with scarring, inflammation, and skin texture. It can also help reduce the size of inflammed pimples when used consistently. Do a spot treatment for a few days to see how your skin reacts and to make sure it doesn't clog your pores.

I agree with most of what m1m1m1 said below, except for using raw honey...I would go with organic & pure, and avoid raw and clover. Manuka works too, but for me the fage honey is the best I tried so far.

Misunderstood treatment
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

regular store bought honey is usually nothing but sugar or corn syrup and is NOT good for your skin or your body. What you need is either raw, organic, local honey, or better yet, imported organic Manuka Honey, which has proven antibacterial properties. Take my advice, I have worked on farms, i have been going to holistic doctors and using herbs to heal for years. when you do use the right kind of honey, it can definitely help with scarring. its not a miracle cure, but more of a supplimental thing, along with whatever else you're doing. It is a good option for light cleansing or a mask, as it doesn't strip natural oils and isnt full of chemicals. I used Manuka Honey as a mask and it wasn't a cure but it was a nice gentle helpful treatment and made my skin incredibly smooth.

My go-to product to prevent scarring - but use RAW honey (preferably Manuka)
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

I first stumbled across honey to treat acne/acne scars when I had a MONSTER zit (quarter sized) it was so painful so I tried to pop it...big mistake. I ended up with a massive scab. I was miserable for two weeks because it didn't seem to be healing, and then i read about raw manuka honey. This is KEY: manuka honey works SOOO much better than regular honey (which does nothing) or raw honey (which doesn't work as well). You can buy it at whole foods. I know it seems really expensive, but I spent $30 in April and I still have more than half of the jar left. If I've popped a pimple (I know you aren't supposed to, but come on...) I put this on overnight and it helps SOOO much (It's messy and a pain to apply, but if you put it on your popped pimples and then put a bandaid on it's less messy). Thanks to this product my monster pimple/scab only left a small, faint white scar. I was expecting it to leave something huge and awful....

i love this product!
Reviewed on December 2, 2013

I think this is great for people with sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin myself which is why many products do not work for me so i like to research more natural remedies :) i put the honey on the few spots and left it on overnight and when i woke up already some of the redness was gone :DDD i think that if i keep using this it will reduce blemishes even more. I hope that anyone else who would like to use this will have great results! Good luck

P.s please comment on this review and tell me if it worked for you :)

Update: i had a painful spot on my forehead and it was quite large. I put honey on it and left it overnight. The next morning its size was reduced and it was no longer hurting. I do recomend for anyone who has painful spots to try this :) comment if it worked for you or not :)

Honey and Baking Soda=Great Results!
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I have had acne since I was a teenager, now in my twenties and it's still a huge problem for me :( I started washing my face every night with honey and baking soda, LIGHTLY scrubbing my face with my fingertips in a circular motion, then I let my face air dry and apply an apple cider toner (just diluted apple cider, 1/2 water 1/2 apple cider). It has actually worked wonders, WAY more effective than all the drugstore facewashes I've tried over the years ...I still have a few breakouts here and there but my skin is MUCH clearer, its brighter and just looks healthier. Plus, so much cheaper! I also use honey as an overnight spot treatment, dabbing it on problem areas...a little bit messy but trust me, its worth it! Also, make sure to use only pure unpasteurized honey....the other stuff has a bunch of additives that could be comedogenic and clog your pores

AMAZING
Reviewed on November 25, 2013

I did a honey mask (after a patch test, make sure you do a patch test first!) and that evening I used African Black Soap (as I always do) and my face was STINGING (guess it's all those open pores being cleaned thoroughly out) but then the next morning my skin was so SOFT and glowing I couldn't believe it! Definitely going to be doing this on the regular (once a week)

Love this.
Reviewed on November 21, 2013

I used a honey and cinnamon mask last night for 30 minutes. When I took it off, the blemishes I had picked at were less inflamed and the redness had gone down. I deiced to use this as a spot treatment overnight on certain pimples. I woke up this morning, and my pimples had turned into scabs. Flat scabs! I was filled with joy. This is the best natural home remedy I have found. My skin type is acne-prone, dry, (with the occasional oily nose) and sensitive. This didn't burn my face at all. Don't heat it up in the microwave though, it could lose its antibacterial properties. Make sure it's 100% pure honey as well. (: I wouldn't recommended leaving your entire face covered overnight, just certain spots.

Great stuff!
Reviewed on August 30, 2013

Now, I haven't used this for very long, only tried it once. From all the cleaning and picking away, my skin was rough and horrible. It felt damaged, it looked damaged. It was not cool. I wanted to try something natural that would help my skin glow and nourish it at the same time. I went to Whole Foods and bought some organic raw honey. I put it on my skin for about 5-10 minutes after exfoliating. The next day I didn't get any new breakouts and my red marks and scars from picking seemed to look a little less evil. I'm going to do it probably 2-3 times a week and hopefully see some improvement!

i use this nightly with cinnamon mixed into it, and i find it to be helpful so far!
Reviewed on August 12, 2013

definitely give it a try, it's relatively inexpensive. of course be sure that you are using honey, as many big chain grocery stores try to pass off corn syrup as honey sometimes! organic and local is best :-)

Gets rid of blackheads. USE RAW HONEY (or manuka above +18)
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

Would rather use this to wash my face than anything else, really has helped better than anything i've ever tried to get rid of blackheads on my nose (tried ocm, all acid peels, all scrubs including coffee and microdermabrasian, epsom salts, urine therapy etc etc)

but when i want to really dry out my white heads quickly i use african black soap (a simplistic formula not containing palm oil)

in conjunction with taking standardised saw palmetto my acne has disappeared forever.