Page 3 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 543 reviews

Honey Mask

i had severe acne as a teen!
Reviewed on March 14, 2016

So when i was a teenager i had the worst acne like pimple on top of pimple and i hated it i felt so ugly and I'm a girl so i think its a bit worse i tried every drugstore product that only made it worse. SO i went to home remedies and OMG this is the BEST there could be i personally didn't buy raw organic honey or organic cinnamon i just went to walmart bought the honey and cinnamon for less than 10 bucks for both and i added a few drops of lemon to the mix i used it everyday for an hour and that people was the only thing that got ride of my acne it took a few months, but i promise my face is now so smooth you can't even tell i ever had acne i have NO scars that I'm really amazed due to the severely of my acne. I'm now 26 yrs old and i still use it when have minor breakouts before my period but they never last more than 3 days i swear i wish i could post a before and after pic and you'd be amazed! i had sever acne that i never thought id have a clean face but i have had one since a i was 19 ! i wish i would've known this remedy when i was 13-18 the worst acne years of my life! Im in the esthetics career now and when they compliment my skin and ask what i do i always tell them about my cinnamon and honey remedy thats the only thing i use and some no one believes i ever had acne because i have no scars and my skin is so smooth and i look like I'm still 19 I LOOOOVVEEE IT!

by green80 on 04/28/2016 14:20
should i use the honey and cinnamon everyday if not what should i use in place on days i do not use the mask
Yup. It's love.
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

Well, I was doing a honey mask for 1h every day. Just raw honey. Every time I didn't do it, my skin would not look as good. When I had a breakout, I would add turmeric. Anyway, my skin would be so soft and smooth afterwards.

I only do it once a week now. But yeah, I love it. True love.

LOVE IT
Reviewed on February 12, 2016

i love raw honey. It tastes great with porridge and hot milk and it is great for my skin and for neutralizing the free radicals/pollutants in our skin as well as preventing breakouts.. it makes my skin feel soft and look healthy.

Honey wonder mask
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

Acne and that too huge cystic ones can wreak an havoc on your confidence. I have done a lot of research on alternate therapies and with many trial and errors discovered this mask. I used it regularly AM and PM for 30 min each. Start with 5 min and gradually increase the duration to avoid burning of skin. Sharing this with a hope that others benefit

1 tsp -Cinnamon powder ( organic)

1 tsp- Nutmeg (organic)

2 tsp- Honey

5-10 drops- Tea tree/lavender ( which ever suits your skin)

1/2 tsp- Turmeric

1/2 tsp aloe vera ( subsitute with youghurt sometimes)

This can be stored upto a week . Try it out as a patch first. Go ahead and let me know if it works.

by Jazzyjose8 on 02/14/2016 13:38
Also cinnamon can cause irritation and don't use lavender. Any esthetician would tell you essential oils in skincare is not good
try it
Reviewed on January 30, 2016

I have a bunch of little white bumps on my face that you can see when I turn my head towards the light and they're horrible. I think they're whiteheads. Anyway so I put some honey on my face andleave it on for half an hour, then massage it off with water and you can feel the particles in yourfingers! My whiteheads are basically gone and its been 3 days. I also use nutmeg and honey on acne scars.

it works but be careful
Reviewed on December 24, 2015

I was using raw honey a lot all over my face for long periods of time and sometimes even overnight. While it does dramatically decrease the size and redness of any type of acne, it may clog your pores or cause small bumps. My face was covered in tiny bumps only noticeable in certain angles and lighting. They went away with BHA but im positive it was because of the honey. I still use tiny dabs of it on big pimples though. It's also really sticky and messy. I would advise to only use this sparingly (spot treat only and all over face mask for 20 mins) As a mask it is very beneficial, it shrank my pores dramatically, reduced oiliness and helped clear red marks. But it wasn't worth the closed comedones.

by Sulfandrist on 03/04/2016 20:08
Honey is never meant to be used as an overnight mask. I've tried it. :( But it works just as effective as a temporary mask like you said with no breakouts.
I really wanted this to work
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

I really wanted this to work for me, but using it after a week i got hives and itchiness. I realized that when i use this alone on my face i get a reaction, hence i now use it in small portions as part of my oatmeal scrub. PLEASE patch test for a week. Not even one day, but a WEEK. it took me a week to get hives and find out i had a reaction. I beg you guys to do a patch test, and keep doing a patch test for a while.

by Samuraitiger on 12/03/2015 02:00
Do you think you might be allergic to Honey?
by Chloe123 on 12/03/2015 03:38
@Samuraitiger No, i am not allergic to honey. It just didnt work well for my skin.
by Sulfandrist on 03/04/2016 20:06
You must have used the wrong type of honey. If you are allergic, most likely the honey you used is cheap quality. Anything less then 7 bucks is not legit raw honey, nor is anything with the grade A label on it. Try Really Raw Honey dude, I used to get redness from honey from Trader Joe's and other brands, but this RRH does not make my face red at all.
great anti-acnes , mosturising mask for face and lip
Reviewed on September 22, 2015

sorry for my english , i'm not the english native :)). I use organic honey taking from the forest. it's actually rare in grocery stores or supermarket but super super worth for me . it's not as sweet as the regular, industrial honey and thicker than a little bit .I usually apply it on my acnes which is squeezed to prevent swollen , pigmented spot , and it's really helpful . And I also use it as a mask , face cleaser , natural purifing drink for heathiness . tolly obsessed with it

Whyyy ???
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I can understand why after over using honey you get worse results and im going to explain you why but first excuse my english because it's not my first language :)

I used honey when i had a soooooo bad breakouts and irritated skin and honey worked perfectly because of its antioxidents - anti irritations - moistrazing and anti bacterial agents BUUUT its anti bacterial option dont give it the right to be OVER used !! why ?? Don t forget that skin has what is known by GOOD bacterias protecting your skin from veruses and others bacterias and "killing " those by honey will lead tovery serious problems . I hope i helped you ^__^

by oyes on 03/22/2016 10:26
i read a post where they say ''honey kills only the p.acnes bacteria which causes pimple/acne but doesnt kill the good bacteria''
allergic reactions and the role of the immune system
Reviewed on September 13, 2015

My suggestion based on immunology: honey contains microscopic particles of pollen, which induces allergies in many people. Applying honey to skin causes an initial spike in immune function at the site of application, killing off bacteria while cells also attack pollen particles. Further use of honey sensitizes skin and small red bumps, redness, and itchy skin results from eosinophilia (over active immune reaction) .

by Bowanda92 on 02/27/2016 18:16
If your allergic, I've been using it for months free from allergic reactions. Kind of like the allergy of nuts, I am sorry it doesn't work out for some people :(