Page 2 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 553 reviews

Just no
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

Why have we all resulted in putting honey on our faces? Seriously, its sticky, itchy and irritating. After hiding in ours bedrooms for 20 minuites, trying to disguise the fact that you are putting honey on your face from your reletives, you will finally wash it off and find yourself with more depressing red bumps that you began with. You wouldn't put golden syrup on your face so why smother it with honey?

Made my skin feel nice, but broke out :(
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I tried using honey as a face wash in the mornings and also as a mask. . . I even used the best manuka honey there was but I got pretty terrible cystic acne afterwards. Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad it works for others.

best Mask
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

Honey seems to work the best on me in drying up a pimple, and by pimple, I mean fairly large. I have very oily skin, but this does not make me feel oily after I take it off. I of course only use raw honey from a health food store. Honey is so wonderful for many different things. Don't hesitate to smear this stuff all over your face, no matter what type of skin you have. I have tried the vinegar w/ the mother, but it doesn't do as much for me as the honey. Put the honey on all over your face or a spot treatment, say for about 30 minutes. Like other on the spot acne treatments, this is not going to cause the skin to peel or dry it out at all. I am allergic to almost everything I use, but this stuff is the best.

Seeing results and feeling smoother skin
Reviewed on July 13, 2016

I am a woman in her mid 40s and have had breakouts all my life, usually hormonal, but lately it is getting to the stage where I get clear skin one day a month, I'm sick of it. So I have been trying the honey mask all week and I have definitely seen a change in my skin, today my friend noticed and said my skin was looking really good! I am taking a liver cleanser too Milk Thistle that I think is helping, but the honey mask is making my skin softer and more moisturized. I use Rosehip oil as a moisturizer afterwards. Feels amazing, make sure you use raw honey though. I live in NZ where we have really good raw honey products.

loveeee
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

I love honey masks.So far I've not had breakouts caused by honey but be sure to use raw honey and only apply a thin layer! Try not to be in a heaty place as it melts easily and can cause a mess.

Natural
Reviewed on July 8, 2016

After many trips to the doctor and failed tries with chemical solutions, honey has worked the best for me as far as reducing redness and limiting the amount of breakouts on my face. The only drawback is that I have to put it on everyday or else my acne will return, it only acts as a suppressor it doesn't really make it go away totally but I think this has been the healthiest for my face, and that staying away from the more severe acids and other chemical formulas and using just raw honey has definitely made my skin much more soft.

no improvement
Reviewed on July 4, 2016

I used honey as a mask and as a face wash but I didn't see any improvement. I am quite dissapointed it didn't work for my skin. It didn't give me blackheads or pimples but it left my skin a bit dry. So I won't be using it soon,

Cleans, Heals and Soothes.
Reviewed on June 29, 2016

I love honey masks. I use raw Manuka honey once a week and leave it on for as long as I want (usually around 30 minutes). Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties so it is great for sensitive, acne-prone skin. It helps reduce redness, calm any inflamed/angry spots and moisturize your skin while cleaning it. It's great if you are having a flare up or your skin is particularly irritated that day. However, it's not really a "deep-clean" kind of mask so I also use another mask once a week from Lush.

very natural and gentle on skin
Reviewed on June 26, 2016

Honey helps calm the skin rash and the "burnt" or dry feeling caused my chemical products or etc.. for short term.But since honey is an antibiotic it helps kill the bacterias. (honeys expiration date is forever!)

Apply 1 table spoon of honey and 2-3 teaspoon of baking soda.(best combination) baking soda is also anti fungal but compared to honey more harsh so its better to use it together. apply it twice a day after washing the skin. Don't forget acne is natural and it takes patience and time,stay beautiful.

Works better than a miracle cream
Reviewed on June 17, 2016

I've been struggling with acne for about 2 years now. i have tried creams from dermatologists, cream from the store, and many other cheap and expensive creams. However, idk why but last month my skin was getting worse and i got 5 big acnes, and i did not know how much the smaller ones.

Then, i was so desperate because i did not know what else should i do to my skin, i did even cried after i talked to my mom when my acne got worse, because i have done everything to get rid of acne. I have a perfect diet by eating clean, no junk food, i eat fruits and vegetables everyday and i cook them by myself. I go to the gym and working out, i don't eat dairy products anymore, i don't even eat legumes.

Then, i just googled DIY for acne, and i was interested in honey. I end up reading some reviews in this website, and i thought that i should give it a shot, because it's very easy to find honey, and i got nothing to lose.

Even from the first time i used honey, this works like a miracle cream! Honey even works more effectively than any other expensive cream i had tried. My redness is faded, and my skin is softer than ever!

However, to get rid of my big red acnes, i leave some lemon pulps exactly on my acne and leave it overnight. I don't think honey works for big acne. I put lemon on my acne for 2 nights, and they're gone!

So, every night i put honey and combine it with a few drops of lemon, then i put it on my face for 1-2 hours,

in the morning, i put only honey on my face before i took my morning bath, for about 30 minutes.

You should try this for yourself and find if this also works like wonders for you!! Thank you guys

Tips: make sure you use real raw honey