Page 2 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 509 reviews

Honey.

skin routine
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

hello, my name is Lorena and i am 26 years old.

I ve battled acne since my teenage years and as time went by i became really paranoid about my face, like many people here mentioned i couldn t look myself in the mirror and my confidence was really low. Must be hormones or my lifestyle i don t know. Last year it went completely wrong and i started using all kinds of products even very expensive ones that would , in the end, only make me break even worse, give me rashes, etc.

So i ve created this skin routine that works wonders for me, tightens my pores, less acne and beautiful clean face.

First make sure you have time for yourself, to relax and follow everything step by step.

Wash you hands to remove all bacteria, i even wash my hands in the morning before washing my face or doing my make up.

step 2 : boil some water , pour it in a bowl with some rosamary leafs and steam your face really well, after 10-15 minutes clean it with gentle cotton pads. (i use the body shop organic cotton pads)

step 3: use a mirror and make sure you have enough light, and with a cotton cloth gently squeeze all blackheads and pimples. oke, some people might find it wrong but this is cleaning and i believe no product will clear everything just like that, it doesn t work. Anyway b gentle. It may leave some redness thats why is better to do it in the evening.Also don t force it, if it doesn t wanna come out is fine.

step 4: make a honey and lemon mask and massage it on your face with the tip of your fingers, massage stimulates blood flow and your skin will thank you for that.After you ve applied it wait like 25-30 mins then rinse it off.

I find this mask a bit messy and you ll get very sticky but oh the things we all do for beauty.

Repeat this every week, and during the week after taking your make up off and washing the face, apply honey and lemon at least 1-2 evenings for a natural boost.

This routine worked wonders for me but in time, nothing happens over night and the products that claim they do so make me feel like i should be double careful.

And don t forget that no matter what you put on your face you need to drink lots of water, eat veggies and avoid oily foods and refined sugars. Eat foods high in antioxidants like kiwi and berries, dance or go for a run, take time to read a book or get creative in your stressful times and most of all love yourself.

I hope this will help other like it helped me, my skin is now bright, clean and pimple free!

by Ajin C Saji on 05/23/2015 08:12
thank you lorena for your comment it think it could work
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:23
I get pimple after using honey-lemon mask. I am using this mask from two days
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:27
I get pimple after using honey-lemon mask. I am using this mask from two days
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:28
what should I do? keeping applying honey on my face or dont? Is pimples appering at the starting days of using honey? Reply asap
by Lol98 on 05/26/2015 01:09
I think sheliza you should stop using lemon because it contains acid in it which could aggravate your skin. Just use the honey by itself because it is a great exfoliator and it's gentle on the skin too!
i love it! makes my skin so soft
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I was aprehensive about trying it but my friend did it and it worked wonders for her so i didn't see any harm in trying. Right after the first time my skin was so smooth i loved it and i also found that it helps a bit with scarring although i dont have many scars or pimples. I just use raw honey and it does its job, sometimes i spice it up and add other ingredients such as lemon juice or cinnamon. Very natural, no odor, only con is that it can be very sticky haha

by Lol98 on 05/26/2015 01:11
I heard that honey is a good exfoliator so I started using it and I have noticed that a part of my face looks a little red and raw and kind of tingles. Does that mean that the honey is shedding off the dead skin cells?
I love this
Reviewed on May 9, 2015

my favourite mask to do includes honey, cinnamon and lemon juice (I just sort of eyeball the amount of each ingredient to make a paste). I don't have horrible acne but I always had quite a few pimples somewhere on my face, mostly around my cheeks and some on my forehead. I also had a lot of scarring on my cheeks. I did this mask every 2 to 3 days, focussing on the areas I broke out and avoiding my eye area. I found it easier to wash off in the shower because the honey is sticky and the cinnamon sometimes gets stuck in my eyebrows hahaha....anyways after doing this for about a month I noticed a huge difference and my face is now almost completely clear. it's a huge confidence booster and I'm slowly starting to feel better about myself :)

by Julie2 on 05/20/2015 15:08
hi....im wondering what is better to use for my mixture...cinnamon or lemon juice?? ive been using cinnamon till not and dont see much improvement..... im also scared that lemon juice will irritate my skin.....help...thanks!
by Julie2 on 05/20/2015 18:03
hi....im wondering what is better to use...cinnamon or lemon juice for my mask....ive tried cinnamon and dont see much improvement......im also scared that lemon juice is too strong for my skin and will irritate it....help! thanks!
Saviour!
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

Like many people I have used so many things to get rid of my acne. I don't have severe acne, but I definitely have noticeable break outs around the time of my period and it has been very frustrating! I've tried so many chemicals and products that dry out my skin and finally I tried to find an all natural remedy and I found this Honey Cinnamon Nutmeg Mask. All of the things I already had in my kitchen. At first I was a bit skeptical since it's just been drilled into my head that "If it stings it works" because this mask is really gentle on your skin, I tend to forget it's even on my face. Until you know, it drips or I accidentally touch/taste it (tastes good btw). I've been using this for over a year now, and I really don't know what I would do without it. I use baking soda to exfoliate my skin when I can feel my face starting to break out and put on this mask right after I rinse. I often walk around my house with this stuff on my face, I feel like the longer I have it on, the more it works. It really calms the acne swelling down and works miracles. It can get sticky and messy but just be careful!

Amazing result
Reviewed on April 26, 2015

Hi,

I have been suffering from acne since November 2014, I did not want to use any chemicals on my skin which put me on the hunt for natural remedies. Here's my experience with different home remedies over a period of 5 months.

I used Shea butter for 2 months, it left my skin too oily and had no effect on acne. This was followed by a month and a half of milk cleansing and application of olive oil which again did not have the desired effect. Desperately, I was looking for solutions online and stumbled across acne.org and all the wonderful reviews on the benefits of honey. As I already had raw and unfiltered honey in my kitchen, I thought let me give it a shot before I fall back on chemical based solutions. From the reviews I understood that this could take time and therefore required a lot of patience which I was already in short supply of. But it was worth it!

When i started applying honey , I didn't see any changes for the first couple of days but i could see the glow on my skin. When I washed it off i could see redness and tiny new bumps form on the both cheeks. I was worried but after reading some more reviews that mentioned it could get worse (because honey pulls out toxins from the skin) before it gets better i thought of hanging in there. This redness persisted for 3 more days. Now I was at the one week mark. I could slowly see my acne vanishing into thin air. Now its been more than a month and my skin has improved by leaps and bounds. I rarely get 1 or 2 pimples these days and If I do, I promptly apply honey which zaps them within a day or two. My acne scars have all but gone. I recommend this for everyone as there are absolutely no side effects apart from the stickiness of honey :). Hope it works for you all!

Method: I wash my face with an organic face wash, wipe with facial tissue as cloth towels could contain dust particles which could seep into the skin, apply honey all over the face (for an even glow), keep it on for at least 7-8 hours and wash it off with cold water. Since my skin is a little dry, I apply Aloe Vera afterwards which soothes my skin.

by suruchi916 on 05/19/2015 03:51
hey... i have been having acne over six months. its getting worse day by day. Its been three days that i opted for raw honey as my daily face wash in the morning and evening. I even eat it as one table spoon a day. And i have noticed two acne or pimple on my right cheek. Is this because of the toxin? Plus my forehead pimple seems to get better on the other hand. Please respond. This acne is depressing.
by suruchi916 on 05/19/2015 03:51
by Sheera on 05/31/2015 22:56
Hi Suruchi, Sorry I couldn't respond to your query earlier, as I have been travelling a lot off late. Honey is good to remove the toxins inside out, have patience it will take at least a month to see the results, have faith in it. Don't worry about one or 2 pimples.
Need to try this
Reviewed on April 22, 2015

Okay so lately I have been getting Horrible breakouts! I mean u can see them from a mile a way! my mom recommend to try something natural And we'll I just happend to find this awesome website! I'm definitely going to try it!! I have ACNE all over the place and tomorrow I have a play and I hope this could reduce it!

Worth the try !
Reviewed on April 1, 2015

i find honey masks great , you can just use pure honey out of a jar , or go out and buy a mask for £1 . I find it takes the redness down and it also takes away any germs.Its worth the try it helped improve mine , this also makes your skin soft i just leave the honey on my face whilst i am watching TV or revising (30mins-1hour). However this don't completely cure you acne.

Try it!!!
Reviewed on March 30, 2015

I barley started using this honey mask for a week already. My skin is very sensitive, I don't severe acne but I do have scars and after using honey cinnamon mask for about 30-45 min I see a huge difference. I haven't broke out as much which is awesome!!!! I guarantee it's effective. I would recommend this remedie to those who struggle with acne, marks and can't find a effective face wash. It's great on sensitive skin and leaves skin soft and glowing!!!(:

Fingers crossed
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

I am so excited to start using this ! I've heard so many positive things about this honey mask i can't wait to try it on :'))

Love Love Love!
Reviewed on March 26, 2015

I started using a honey mask in the mornings about a week ago. I squeeze some lemon in it too to help with scarring. I LOVE IT. I have noticed a huge improvement in my skin. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. It also keeps my skin from getting dry and I don't even need lotion or anything. I put it on in the morning and leave it on while I eat breakfast and pick out clothes then wash it off. I will never go back to harsh chemicals again! I highly recommend using natural, organic honey. Good luck!! :)