Page 2 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 474 reviews

Honey.

Don't do it
Reviewed on June 30, 2014

Read all the reviews on here with high hopes, only to be disappointed. I mixed 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of honey and used it as a mask. First minute I noticed more redness than before and felt a burning. I had tested it on my hand beforehand and had no reaction, but my face was a different story. It got red and irritated and I almost had a nervous breakdown but realized it was just an allergic reaction and it soon faded with time. I have sensitive oily skin, and I warn those who try it with extreme caution.

by Kristep on 07/07/2014 16:51
From what I understand, the mixture contains honey and cinnamon, but no lemon juice. Lemon juice is extremely acidic and would do more harm and exacerbate the problem, which explains why your face got so irritated. Maybe try it with just honey and cinnamon? You can even throw in a bit of nutmeg, too. :) Good luck!
by blahhhhhhhhhh on 08/20/2014 03:04
ITT: absolute moron subs in their own ingredients that are known face irritants and then gives poor review based upon their own sh*tty results
Hmm.
Reviewed on June 27, 2014

No. I have applied highly active (30+) Manuka to my face before... It was a nice facemask and I felt like it may have smoothed the skin a little... but does it help with acne? No.

A MUST READ FOR YOU GUYS WHO WANTED CLEAR SKIN
Reviewed on June 10, 2014

Hello! I've been suffering from acne since I was 11 years old and that affected my confidence, I rarely go out of our house because I was so embarrassed of what my face looks like. I have tried many products but none of it really cleared up my skin. So my major breakout was when I was 14-15 years old (I'm 16 now, btw) and I was so desperate to clear and cure my acne because it really sucks having those bumps and puss on your face. :'( And then finally!!! MY FACE CLEARED UP. What I did was to use Sulfur soap (Dr. Wongs Sulfur soap) which works slowly but it really is effective if you are patient then after patting my face dry, I'll put Eskinol and I'll mix Dalacin-c, I'll use that before I go to bed. DON'T use this treatment when going out under the sun because it might burn your face. and don't use this treatment for too long because the dalacin-c will no longer be effective because it is an antibiotic. BUT IT IS REALLY EFFECTIVE, YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE TWO WEEKS AFTER USING IT. I am also using baking soda twice a week and/or Egg yolk mask. this routine cleared up my skin. But just this March I started breaking out again, not that bad tho but it won't stop so I have acne marks again on my skin which really frustrates me a lot. So what I did this time was different, I am putting honey in my face and rub it in circular motion and after a minute or two I'll wash it and then I bought Cetaphil facial cleanser and wash my face with the cleanser, after that, I'll use Apple cider vinegar as a toner (Diluted 50% water, 50% acv) and when my face absorbed the toner I then put Palmer's cocoa butter Skin Therapy Oil for my acne marks or hyperpigmentation and after that I'll put Petroleum Jelly for the dry patches on my skin because my skin is Combination. I noticed the change on my face after 2 or 3 days. I do this twice a day, morning and night. It never broke me out. Ever. Now I'm just waiting for my pimple marks to fade. I'm so happy with the condition of my skin right now and I gained my confidence back. Stick to natural methods. It will do miracle. =)) I am planning to buy another box of baking soda because it's doing its job well on fading my marks and preventing pimples from coming out. I am also doing Oatmeal + Honey + Tea face mask or Turmeric + Honey face mask once a week. I also exfoliate using Oatmeal only once or twice a week. I tried exfoliating with sugar but I broke out after using it, I thought that's not the cause so the following week I used that again but sadly, I broke out again after that so I changed to oatmeal. It leaves my skin soft. I also drink tea (green or black). I also tried drinking ACV, a cup of water + 1 tsp of ACV, in empty stomach before. It really did its job. I noticed dramatic changes 2 or 3 days after :) and drink lots of water. It really helps. Occasionally, I rub banana peels on my face before I wash my face whenever there is banana available on our kitchen. Hahaha. I also tried using Defensil, it's so good!!! But I decided to use the Cetaphil instead. But you can use Defensil also because it really dried up my pimples. :) So yea, guys, you might wanna try those routines that I did because I can vouch for its effectiveness. :) God bless and don't give up! You guys can fight those suckers. :)

I'm not totally convinced...
Reviewed on June 5, 2014

I have been using manuka honey as a face mask on and off for years now. I can't say I have ever really seen a difference in my acne by using this, but I still do it in hope that it will contribute to clearer skin.

It does however, leave your face feeling quite soft and supple, which is great for anybody!

Improves texture
Reviewed on June 4, 2014

I have moderate acne and very dry skin. I started using honey and although it doesn't necessarily reduce my acne, I think it helps control it and reduce any sort of redness I may have. It also evens my skin tone a bit and has made the texture of my skin smoother and less orange-peel like. My face isn't a gross red mess anymore after I get out the shower/wash my makeup off.

How I apply is that I take about a teaspoon and rub it in my hands for a few seconds and pat it all over my face and leave it on for at least 20 minutes and gently wash it off. (I then follow with witch hazel which is magical)

Overall, it's really helped control my acne. It doesn't moisturize my skin that well but I've realized that almost nothing will. Over time, I feel like my blackheads have reduced and I don't have a billion giant pores on my face (just in a few areas). It doesn't break me out either, which is a plus. It's better to use honey than to not, I say. It can't harm you! (Unless you are allergic!)

Wow
Reviewed on April 21, 2014

So I have been breaking out really badly around my chin/jaw for the past couple of weeks.. I usually have one or two pimples at any time but it had been out of control and I don't know why. I have been trying many new remedies testing to see what will work for me(including witch hazel, Epsom salt, milk of magnesia, just started acv). None of these things have made any significant difference. Tonight, I decided to try a honey and cinnamon mask. I used honey as a mask once before but didn't see any noticeable change. I left this honey/cinnamon on for about 15-20 minutes and when I wiped it off.. I was shocked! The redness that had been all over was almost totally gone, my dry patches were healed with my entire face feeling so soft and smooth, and the acne bumps were significantly smaller!! It's amazing. I have been trying things with no real results and waiting a week or more for anything to change. I guess the cinnamon makes a huge difference! I'm so happy I am at my wits end with acne. I actually broke down and cried at work this morning. I really hope this continues to work and maybe someone else will benefit from reading my experience. I'm so happy tonight :)

Side note: do not use the cinnamon if you have open acne... The honey and cinnamon get absorbed and the cinnamon leaves the spot looking dark brown and it's very hard to get rid of.

miracle for me
Reviewed on March 6, 2014

i have suffered from acne for several years

after trying out almost 'everything' available for acne & havng no effect on my facial conditions of acne

i have stopped using everything

n now m just using honey in the morning n night

i just wash my face with warm water, apply honey to face massage it nicely leave on for max. 20 min n then again wash it off with warm water follwed by my

moistiuriser...

i drink lots of water take sufficient sleep

walk for 30 minutes a day. having great results

honey has surely helped me

just done over do with products and u will have a skin which u could flaunt without any makeup

thnx guys :-)

by Priscilla523 on 05/13/2014 01:26
If you do a overnight honey face mask, I put a bandaid over the honey so it doesn't go on my pillow/all over my hair.. Is that good?
Be Careful!!!
Reviewed on February 16, 2014

I found out (shortly after completely lathering my face with honey) that I am allergic. My face immediately began to itch, so i washed it off with soap and water. What I found when I looked in the mirror was a scary red, hot, puffy face. So PLEASE make sure to test your skin before you try this. The only reason I didn't give it a one is because it seems to have worked for other people, so I think that you should give it a go.

by blahhhhhhhhhh on 08/20/2014 03:01
Are you like genuinely retarded?
must have to try bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

i am all for natural products. moisturizing yet cleansing. great for acne and will leave skin blemish free for the long term. your friends will NOT be afraid to touch you face. it will make your skin so freak-en smooth.

short term redness relief - does nothing for pimples
Reviewed on February 3, 2014

Organic Raw Honey Mask. I have been using this on my face every night right after my shower (while my pores are open) for the past week and a half. Fantastic relief from redness, however I don't find it helps my dry skin all that much- I still find myself applying a tiny bit of moisturizer after I wash the honey off. That being said, it leaves you with baby soft skin every time because the raw honey has bits of honeycomb in it which provides fantastic exfoliation when you rinse. I try to do a couple hours at night with it on and occasionally will rinse my face in the morning with a bit of honey. I am trying not to over wash my face though so I have tried to just use hot washcloth to pat face in the morning. Impossible to get a good sleep with honey on your face so thats why i do a long time in the evening instead. Redness decreases insanely after honey mask, but I find it has done nothing for my pimples, as many other reviews noticed as well. If anything, I noticed I broke out with a couple small whiteheads the first few days of use. purging perhaps? Anyways its all natural so in my opinion its a great treatment to use!