Page 2 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 470 reviews

Honey.

Improves texture
Reviewed on June 4, 2014

I have moderate acne and very dry skin. I started using honey and although it doesn't necessarily reduce my acne, I think it helps control it and reduce any sort of redness I may have. It also evens my skin tone a bit and has made the texture of my skin smoother and less orange-peel like. My face isn't a gross red mess anymore after I get out the shower/wash my makeup off.

How I apply is that I take about a teaspoon and rub it in my hands for a few seconds and pat it all over my face and leave it on for at least 20 minutes and gently wash it off. (I then follow with witch hazel which is magical)

Overall, it's really helped control my acne. It doesn't moisturize my skin that well but I've realized that almost nothing will. Over time, I feel like my blackheads have reduced and I don't have a billion giant pores on my face (just in a few areas). It doesn't break me out either, which is a plus. It's better to use honey than to not, I say. It can't harm you! (Unless you are allergic!)

Wow
Reviewed on April 21, 2014

So I have been breaking out really badly around my chin/jaw for the past couple of weeks.. I usually have one or two pimples at any time but it had been out of control and I don't know why. I have been trying many new remedies testing to see what will work for me(including witch hazel, Epsom salt, milk of magnesia, just started acv). None of these things have made any significant difference. Tonight, I decided to try a honey and cinnamon mask. I used honey as a mask once before but didn't see any noticeable change. I left this honey/cinnamon on for about 15-20 minutes and when I wiped it off.. I was shocked! The redness that had been all over was almost totally gone, my dry patches were healed with my entire face feeling so soft and smooth, and the acne bumps were significantly smaller!! It's amazing. I have been trying things with no real results and waiting a week or more for anything to change. I guess the cinnamon makes a huge difference! I'm so happy I am at my wits end with acne. I actually broke down and cried at work this morning. I really hope this continues to work and maybe someone else will benefit from reading my experience. I'm so happy tonight :)

Side note: do not use the cinnamon if you have open acne... The honey and cinnamon get absorbed and the cinnamon leaves the spot looking dark brown and it's very hard to get rid of.

miracle for me
Reviewed on March 6, 2014

i have suffered from acne for several years

after trying out almost 'everything' available for acne & havng no effect on my facial conditions of acne

i have stopped using everything

n now m just using honey in the morning n night

i just wash my face with warm water, apply honey to face massage it nicely leave on for max. 20 min n then again wash it off with warm water follwed by my

moistiuriser...

i drink lots of water take sufficient sleep

walk for 30 minutes a day. having great results

honey has surely helped me

just done over do with products and u will have a skin which u could flaunt without any makeup

thnx guys :-)

by Priscilla523 on 05/13/2014 01:26
If you do a overnight honey face mask, I put a bandaid over the honey so it doesn't go on my pillow/all over my hair.. Is that good?
Be Careful!!!
Reviewed on February 16, 2014

I found out (shortly after completely lathering my face with honey) that I am allergic. My face immediately began to itch, so i washed it off with soap and water. What I found when I looked in the mirror was a scary red, hot, puffy face. So PLEASE make sure to test your skin before you try this. The only reason I didn't give it a one is because it seems to have worked for other people, so I think that you should give it a go.

by blahhhhhhhhhh on 08/20/2014 03:01
Are you like genuinely retarded?
must have to try bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

i am all for natural products. moisturizing yet cleansing. great for acne and will leave skin blemish free for the long term. your friends will NOT be afraid to touch you face. it will make your skin so freak-en smooth.

short term redness relief - does nothing for pimples
Reviewed on February 3, 2014

Organic Raw Honey Mask. I have been using this on my face every night right after my shower (while my pores are open) for the past week and a half. Fantastic relief from redness, however I don't find it helps my dry skin all that much- I still find myself applying a tiny bit of moisturizer after I wash the honey off. That being said, it leaves you with baby soft skin every time because the raw honey has bits of honeycomb in it which provides fantastic exfoliation when you rinse. I try to do a couple hours at night with it on and occasionally will rinse my face in the morning with a bit of honey. I am trying not to over wash my face though so I have tried to just use hot washcloth to pat face in the morning. Impossible to get a good sleep with honey on your face so thats why i do a long time in the evening instead. Redness decreases insanely after honey mask, but I find it has done nothing for my pimples, as many other reviews noticed as well. If anything, I noticed I broke out with a couple small whiteheads the first few days of use. purging perhaps? Anyways its all natural so in my opinion its a great treatment to use!

Chimp butt!!! 😰
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

My face got all red, splotchy and itchy. I don't know if it's me or... I don't recommend it. AND tomorrow I start my 1st day back at school 2014!

by Hjourney32 on 02/02/2014 05:00
And I even tested it before
THIS particular product is my miracle product!!!
Reviewed on January 22, 2014

YS Organic Bee Farms: Fresh Royal Jelly + Bee Pollen, Propolis, Ginseng, Honey Mix. NOT just regular honey. Sooooo many years, sooooo many products...Finally!!! This is meant to be taken internally, which I did, but I also used this as a mask, thanks to the wisdom of my boyfriend. I used 1 tsp daily as a face mask, initially for one hour for a week (because of the severity), then 30 min., now 15 min. My face completely cleared up in about 10 days (it was pretty severe). It gets messy and drips, btw, so I kept a paper towel under my chin til I washed it off.

by joy4dancing on 02/23/2014 20:49
I only use this as needed now. So far, found it both on Amazon and The Vitamin Shoppe. Here is the Amazon link for the larger size: [link removed]
this regimen cured my hormonal acne
Reviewed on January 21, 2014

So, I never had acne growing up, but after my first child I tried the oil cleansing method, I can't say for sure if it was breastfeeding or the ocm but I got huge angry cystic acne that lasted for over 6 months (only stopped because of the following) it was awful, painful and I have huge issues with picking anyway so you know that makes it ten-fold worse. I tried a lot of natural things, even the cave man method which worked until some extremely stressful things came up and brought on a new wave. Then I started using acv as a toner, it seemed to control it, but my picking was worse than ever from the stress. I remembered how I stopped myself from picking my lips with beeswax, so I thought, honey! I started using it, was too sticky, didnt give up though and I am pimple free for three days now and my skin is radiant, scars are healing it looks like I'm wearing shimmer.powder and blush but I makeup free its crazy. Here is what worked for me. A: wet face with warm water, spray any (braggs is best) acv into your palms and massage into face (walk around a lot if the smell makes your eyes water) B: before the acv/water dries, get out your honey, I keep mine in a small pot heres why, wet your fingers under the tap then gently graze the honeys surface, spot treat or swipe over a big area. C: leave let dry and keep on overnight. The reason I apply in such a strange way is taking globs of honey and applying to your face = runny honey sticky uncomfortable unable to sleep nightmare. By cutting the honey with water and acv it dries (only a tiny bit sticky comparatively) and then can be kept on overnight for maximum healing. People wash it off after a bit, that didn't work for me, it wasn't moisturizing enough. This method is like putting a scab over an open wound, you won't want to pick because its sticky enough to deter you, your skin is being cleansed (do NOT use anything but the acv and honey this is a healing process anything else will interfere) your skin is being moisturized. I have done this morning and night every day for 25 days now. I went from having I kid you not, a face full of every type of acne there is (white heads black heads cystic the stage inbetween black head and white where your bodies trying to kick the black head out) concentrated on my jawline and temples to a face that has not one pimple. I am soooo happy and I would be even happier if this helps just one person. Don't give up, give it at least three weeks to see improvement, remember the biggest mistake people make with their skin is trying too many things at once, if you've switched products in a matter of weeks expect your skin to riot.

Great cleanser, doesn't prevent acne though.
Reviewed on January 15, 2014

I've been using the honey mask for years, twice a day in the mornings and before going to bed. It's easy and delicious - you put it on, go about your routine, and then wash it off with warm water. Use organic honey, especially if it's from wildflowers. It keeps your skin incredibly soft, it leaves a lingering honey scent, and it definitely speeds up healing of acne and scarring. Your face will also glow if you use it regularly. However, the honey mask alone doesn't prevent acne, and I don't suggest using it to get rid of zits. Another downside is that long term, using honey clogs your drains. If you can, try to wash off your face outside or find a way to avoid letting that honeyed water go down the drain to avoid expensive fixes.

Use honey as an everyday cleanser, then couple it with lemon juice (add water for sensitive skin) to treat your acne. It'll take some experimentation to find the routine that works for you, but lemon juice from real lemons works very well. If you have an emergency zit, put some baking soda on it overnight, and make sure to moisturize with whatever face moisturizer you use after your routine. Voila! A home skin care kit that's cheap and that works.