Page 2 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 466 reviews

Honey.

must have to try bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

i am all for natural products. moisturizing yet cleansing. great for acne and will leave skin blemish free for the long term. your friends will NOT be afraid to touch you face. it will make your skin so freak-en smooth.

short term redness relief - does nothing for pimples
Reviewed on February 3, 2014

Organic Raw Honey Mask. I have been using this on my face every night right after my shower (while my pores are open) for the past week and a half. Fantastic relief from redness, however I don't find it helps my dry skin all that much- I still find myself applying a tiny bit of moisturizer after I wash the honey off. That being said, it leaves you with baby soft skin every time because the raw honey has bits of honeycomb in it which provides fantastic exfoliation when you rinse. I try to do a couple hours at night with it on and occasionally will rinse my face in the morning with a bit of honey. I am trying not to over wash my face though so I have tried to just use hot washcloth to pat face in the morning. Impossible to get a good sleep with honey on your face so thats why i do a long time in the evening instead. Redness decreases insanely after honey mask, but I find it has done nothing for my pimples, as many other reviews noticed as well. If anything, I noticed I broke out with a couple small whiteheads the first few days of use. purging perhaps? Anyways its all natural so in my opinion its a great treatment to use!

Chimp butt!!! 😰
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

My face got all red, splotchy and itchy. I don't know if it's me or... I don't recommend it. AND tomorrow I start my 1st day back at school 2014!

by Hjourney32 on 02/02/2014 05:00
And I even tested it before
THIS particular product is my miracle product!!!
Reviewed on January 22, 2014

YS Organic Bee Farms: Fresh Royal Jelly + Bee Pollen, Propolis, Ginseng, Honey Mix. NOT just regular honey. Sooooo many years, sooooo many products...Finally!!! This is meant to be taken internally, which I did, but I also used this as a mask, thanks to the wisdom of my boyfriend. I used 1 tsp daily as a face mask, initially for one hour for a week (because of the severity), then 30 min., now 15 min. My face completely cleared up in about 10 days (it was pretty severe). It gets messy and drips, btw, so I kept a paper towel under my chin til I washed it off.

by joy4dancing on 02/23/2014 20:49
I only use this as needed now. So far, found it both on Amazon and The Vitamin Shoppe. Here is the Amazon link for the larger size: [link removed]
this regimen cured my hormonal acne
Reviewed on January 21, 2014

So, I never had acne growing up, but after my first child I tried the oil cleansing method, I can't say for sure if it was breastfeeding or the ocm but I got huge angry cystic acne that lasted for over 6 months (only stopped because of the following) it was awful, painful and I have huge issues with picking anyway so you know that makes it ten-fold worse. I tried a lot of natural things, even the cave man method which worked until some extremely stressful things came up and brought on a new wave. Then I started using acv as a toner, it seemed to control it, but my picking was worse than ever from the stress. I remembered how I stopped myself from picking my lips with beeswax, so I thought, honey! I started using it, was too sticky, didnt give up though and I am pimple free for three days now and my skin is radiant, scars are healing it looks like I'm wearing shimmer.powder and blush but I makeup free its crazy. Here is what worked for me. A: wet face with warm water, spray any (braggs is best) acv into your palms and massage into face (walk around a lot if the smell makes your eyes water) B: before the acv/water dries, get out your honey, I keep mine in a small pot heres why, wet your fingers under the tap then gently graze the honeys surface, spot treat or swipe over a big area. C: leave let dry and keep on overnight. The reason I apply in such a strange way is taking globs of honey and applying to your face = runny honey sticky uncomfortable unable to sleep nightmare. By cutting the honey with water and acv it dries (only a tiny bit sticky comparatively) and then can be kept on overnight for maximum healing. People wash it off after a bit, that didn't work for me, it wasn't moisturizing enough. This method is like putting a scab over an open wound, you won't want to pick because its sticky enough to deter you, your skin is being cleansed (do NOT use anything but the acv and honey this is a healing process anything else will interfere) your skin is being moisturized. I have done this morning and night every day for 25 days now. I went from having I kid you not, a face full of every type of acne there is (white heads black heads cystic the stage inbetween black head and white where your bodies trying to kick the black head out) concentrated on my jawline and temples to a face that has not one pimple. I am soooo happy and I would be even happier if this helps just one person. Don't give up, give it at least three weeks to see improvement, remember the biggest mistake people make with their skin is trying too many things at once, if you've switched products in a matter of weeks expect your skin to riot.

Great cleanser, doesn't prevent acne though.
Reviewed on January 15, 2014

I've been using the honey mask for years, twice a day in the mornings and before going to bed. It's easy and delicious - you put it on, go about your routine, and then wash it off with warm water. Use organic honey, especially if it's from wildflowers. It keeps your skin incredibly soft, it leaves a lingering honey scent, and it definitely speeds up healing of acne and scarring. Your face will also glow if you use it regularly. However, the honey mask alone doesn't prevent acne, and I don't suggest using it to get rid of zits. Another downside is that long term, using honey clogs your drains. If you can, try to wash off your face outside or find a way to avoid letting that honeyed water go down the drain to avoid expensive fixes.

Use honey as an everyday cleanser, then couple it with lemon juice (add water for sensitive skin) to treat your acne. It'll take some experimentation to find the routine that works for you, but lemon juice from real lemons works very well. If you have an emergency zit, put some baking soda on it overnight, and make sure to moisturize with whatever face moisturizer you use after your routine. Voila! A home skin care kit that's cheap and that works.

The best thing I have yet to discover
Reviewed on January 9, 2014

I have tried absolutely everything. I have gone completely vegan, used this treatment and that treatment. I have gone through countless bottles, not to mention money, on all these products that don't work. I have seen my doctor who told me to suck it up. I have used harsh chemicals that burned away layers of my skin and gentle cleansers that didn't even rinse the oil off my skin. I thought I reached my absolute end and I was going to have disgusting skin forever. I have spent even more countless nights hysterical wishing I could just be beautiful. I got sick of everyone only looking at my acne and not me. As a last resort I turned to this honey mask. I have never seen my face clear up, even out, and rejuvenate so fast. This was an absolute miracle for me. My face has never been so clear, so soft, so hydrated, or so healthy in my entire life. I would get flare ups constantly, especially around lady time. But ever since starting this (and I started during lady time), I haven't had anything new. I am just focused on clearing what is (barely) left on my face. A true miracle..

Helps with inflammation and skin texture
Reviewed on January 8, 2014

Using pure honey is the best mask for my face, and much cheaper too. I use organic honey and the honey that comes with the plain Fage yogurt (random, but it works so good). I can leave the mask on for hours and then wash it off. Helps with scarring, inflammation, and skin texture. It can also help reduce the size of inflammed pimples when used consistently. Do a spot treatment for a few days to see how your skin reacts and to make sure it doesn't clog your pores.

I agree with most of what m1m1m1 said below, except for using raw honey...I would go with organic & pure, and avoid raw and clover. Manuka works too, but for me the fage honey is the best I tried so far.

Misunderstood treatment
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

regular store bought honey is usually nothing but sugar or corn syrup and is NOT good for your skin or your body. What you need is either raw, organic, local honey, or better yet, imported organic Manuka Honey, which has proven antibacterial properties. Take my advice, I have worked on farms, i have been going to holistic doctors and using herbs to heal for years. when you do use the right kind of honey, it can definitely help with scarring. its not a miracle cure, but more of a supplimental thing, along with whatever else you're doing. It is a good option for light cleansing or a mask, as it doesn't strip natural oils and isnt full of chemicals. I used Manuka Honey as a mask and it wasn't a cure but it was a nice gentle helpful treatment and made my skin incredibly smooth.

My go-to product to prevent scarring - but use RAW honey (preferably Manuka)
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

I first stumbled across honey to treat acne/acne scars when I had a MONSTER zit (quarter sized) it was so painful so I tried to pop it...big mistake. I ended up with a massive scab. I was miserable for two weeks because it didn't seem to be healing, and then i read about raw manuka honey. This is KEY: manuka honey works SOOO much better than regular honey (which does nothing) or raw honey (which doesn't work as well). You can buy it at whole foods. I know it seems really expensive, but I spent $30 in April and I still have more than half of the jar left. If I've popped a pimple (I know you aren't supposed to, but come on...) I put this on overnight and it helps SOOO much (It's messy and a pain to apply, but if you put it on your popped pimples and then put a bandaid on it's less messy). Thanks to this product my monster pimple/scab only left a small, faint white scar. I was expecting it to leave something huge and awful....