Page 2 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 516 reviews

Honey Mask

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on July 23, 2015

After desperately searching for products that are safe, natural and will not cause me to break out, I finally found something that had been in my kitchen of all places. I love honey in general. It's delicious and guess what...great for your skin. Honey is antibacterial, anti fungal and antiviral so it's awesome for your skin and after using it I haven't gotten a pimple in a while. Also, I have light brown skin so hyperpigmentation is kind of a problem for me, but honey also exfoliates skin so now all of my pimple marks have faded away. Well, there is the occasional one that might pop up maybe once every 2-3 months but will go away easily without a scar cause the honey heals the skin. Every time after I use honey, my face always feels soft and fresh and looks great and it doesn't break me out. I use honey as a mask and leave it on the face for maybe 20-30 minutes to make sure all the good stuff sinks in. Give it a try cause it won't hurt your skin!

by h111 on 07/28/2015 19:59
by h111 on 07/28/2015 19:59 After using honey on my face . It's very ichy and small bumps on my face . What should I do . Should I stop using it ?????
Reviewed on July 6, 2015

After struggling for years, I was amazed at how well this works. At first I was putting it on my whole face and now I only put it on my problem areas. It will stop a pimple in its tracks. Ex: I slept at my friends house one night and had a white head coming on. I put a dab of her proactive spot treatment on and it immediately started to burn and cause more inflammation. When I woke up the pimple was 3x the size and extremely painful. I got home, dabbed some honey on it, and took a 3 hour nap. By the time I woke up, the white head and the pain were GONE.

I cannot recommend honey enough! (I use raw, organic for reference). Good luck!

Works wonders for inflamed pimples!!!
Reviewed on June 25, 2015

This truly works wonders for skin- It has been used for centuries for wounds as well as other skin conditions. I apply some RAW/UNFILTERED honey to my face at night, and try to let it sit for an hour or so. After the first time I did it, this one huge cyst with NO head had decreased in size by a LOT. Even other people had noticed it was smaller. Honey has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, dramatically decreasing the size of those large, inflamed pimples. Must try. Awesome results the next day. Make sure its raw honey, and cleanse your face before!

by Diannealfaro on 07/02/2015 00:33
Is it okay if i wash my face with acne soap before putting honey on my face? Thank you
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

I use honey as a face mask once a week. I have mild acne/combination of oily and dry skin.

First I wash my face then I apply 100% raw organic honey on my face for 10-20 minuetes and after that, I wash my face with lukewarm water. It can get a bit messy, especially if you want to itch your face and will start to drip off your face. Use raw organic honey than processed honey. Most of the beneficial properties are removed onced the honey is processed and the added ingredients may be irritable to your skin. Honey is not comedogenic which means it will not clog your pores. Honey is moisturizing, anti-bacterial, anti-flammatory and filled with antioxidants and enzymes. The ph of honey is 3-6 so it's alright for your skin. My results: soft radiant skin, minimized some acne but didnt really get rid of all my acne.

Love this!!
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

I have struggled with acne forever. Plus the combination of dry, oily, and sensitive skin, I could never win. After doing some research and advice from a friend I started doing honey and cinnamon masks every night and threw away my old face wash and I couldn't be happier with my results. Now in the mornings I just rinse my face with warm water and use a dab of coconut oil as my moisturizer (I also use the coconut oil after the masks). I have not had one breakout since I started this, "non-chemical" regime, which has been about 3 weeks. I would recommend this to everyone, to at least try for a week.

by GreatTicket on 08/08/2015 02:28
How do you make the honey & cinnamon mask ?
Didn't work for me
Reviewed on June 7, 2015

i always had to battle with pimples around my chin. No matter what i did nothing helped. I used raw honey for about 3 weeks everyday in the morning and evening. It made me breakout really bad. Compared to this my previous pimples were nothing. At first i thought my skin is just purging but it didn't stopped and just got worse and worse. Now i am a week off honey and my face calmed down a little bit but it still really bad. i don't know what the problem was, maybe that my skin was purging but due to hormonal reasons my pores clogged again and again and so the purging never stopped.

Loving the honey cleansing, but getting red cheeks...Any suggestions?
Reviewed on June 5, 2015

I have been honey cleansing for a month or the results, but yesterday had to try a new face lotion...due to a diet with no my face got all red in the cheeks...assumed it was the lotion...but after honey cleansing face is red again...Could the crystals in the honey be too harsh? My face is on fire!

by arsc77 on 06/05/2015 19:17
I used some cerave baby and the redness and burning are diminishing, but still doesn't solve my dilema with the honey...Appreciate all feedback!
by CoralFlat on 08/16/2015 17:44
I had to stop putting it on my cheeks lol I spot treat now & use a snail lotion & it helped a lot!
skin routine
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

hello, my name is Lorena and i am 26 years old.

I ve battled acne since my teenage years and as time went by i became really paranoid about my face, like many people here mentioned i couldn t look myself in the mirror and my confidence was really low. Must be hormones or my lifestyle i don t know. Last year it went completely wrong and i started using all kinds of products even very expensive ones that would , in the end, only make me break even worse, give me rashes, etc.

So i ve created this skin routine that works wonders for me, tightens my pores, less acne and beautiful clean face.

First make sure you have time for yourself, to relax and follow everything step by step.

Wash you hands to remove all bacteria, i even wash my hands in the morning before washing my face or doing my make up.

step 2 : boil some water , pour it in a bowl with some rosamary leafs and steam your face really well, after 10-15 minutes clean it with gentle cotton pads. (i use the body shop organic cotton pads)

step 3: use a mirror and make sure you have enough light, and with a cotton cloth gently squeeze all blackheads and pimples. oke, some people might find it wrong but this is cleaning and i believe no product will clear everything just like that, it doesn t work. Anyway b gentle. It may leave some redness thats why is better to do it in the evening.Also don t force it, if it doesn t wanna come out is fine.

step 4: make a honey and lemon mask and massage it on your face with the tip of your fingers, massage stimulates blood flow and your skin will thank you for that.After you ve applied it wait like 25-30 mins then rinse it off.

I find this mask a bit messy and you ll get very sticky but oh the things we all do for beauty.

Repeat this every week, and during the week after taking your make up off and washing the face, apply honey and lemon at least 1-2 evenings for a natural boost.

This routine worked wonders for me but in time, nothing happens over night and the products that claim they do so make me feel like i should be double careful.

And don t forget that no matter what you put on your face you need to drink lots of water, eat veggies and avoid oily foods and refined sugars. Eat foods high in antioxidants like kiwi and berries, dance or go for a run, take time to read a book or get creative in your stressful times and most of all love yourself.

I hope this will help other like it helped me, my skin is now bright, clean and pimple free!

by Ajin C Saji on 05/23/2015 08:12
thank you lorena for your comment it think it could work
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:23
I get pimple after using honey-lemon mask. I am using this mask from two days
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:27
I get pimple after using honey-lemon mask. I am using this mask from two days
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:28
what should I do? keeping applying honey on my face or dont? Is pimples appering at the starting days of using honey? Reply asap
by Lol98 on 05/26/2015 01:09
I think sheliza you should stop using lemon because it contains acid in it which could aggravate your skin. Just use the honey by itself because it is a great exfoliator and it's gentle on the skin too!
i love it! makes my skin so soft
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I was aprehensive about trying it but my friend did it and it worked wonders for her so i didn't see any harm in trying. Right after the first time my skin was so smooth i loved it and i also found that it helps a bit with scarring although i dont have many scars or pimples. I just use raw honey and it does its job, sometimes i spice it up and add other ingredients such as lemon juice or cinnamon. Very natural, no odor, only con is that it can be very sticky haha

by Lol98 on 05/26/2015 01:11
I heard that honey is a good exfoliator so I started using it and I have noticed that a part of my face looks a little red and raw and kind of tingles. Does that mean that the honey is shedding off the dead skin cells?
I love this
Reviewed on May 9, 2015

my favourite mask to do includes honey, cinnamon and lemon juice (I just sort of eyeball the amount of each ingredient to make a paste). I don't have horrible acne but I always had quite a few pimples somewhere on my face, mostly around my cheeks and some on my forehead. I also had a lot of scarring on my cheeks. I did this mask every 2 to 3 days, focussing on the areas I broke out and avoiding my eye area. I found it easier to wash off in the shower because the honey is sticky and the cinnamon sometimes gets stuck in my eyebrows hahaha....anyways after doing this for about a month I noticed a huge difference and my face is now almost completely clear. it's a huge confidence booster and I'm slowly starting to feel better about myself :)

by Julie2 on 05/20/2015 15:08 wondering what is better to use for my mixture...cinnamon or lemon juice?? ive been using cinnamon till not and dont see much improvement..... im also scared that lemon juice will irritate my!
by Julie2 on 05/20/2015 18:03 wondering what is better to use...cinnamon or lemon juice for my mask....ive tried cinnamon and dont see much also scared that lemon juice is too strong for my skin and will irritate! thanks!