Page 2 of Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 559 reviews

great exfoliater
Reviewed on August 24, 2016

ok, so I went through a phase of trying to switch to natural remedies for my skin. I am a loooooooong time benzoyl peroxide user....proactive, clean and clear, the regimen, etc. i thibk my skin is damaged and simply needs it at this point. anyway, I used organic raw unfiltered local honey as a cleanser for a bit. I noticed my skin was hydrated and bright. it is very soothing, though you need to be gentle if it's unfiltered or you'll scrub yourself raw (done it.). it didn't really keep my breakouts at bay but honestly nothing has long term. I would recommend this as a healing mask occasionally or to use weekly as an exfoliater.

Doesn't work
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

Yeah don't even bother trying this honestly. I hopefully slathered raw honey all over my face on two separate occasions, and it only made things worse. I'm sticking with things that are actually medicated.

by Gary142 on 08/27/2016 12:32
If u had of had a bowl of pubic hair you could of had a nice beard
Mask Monday!
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I use a teaspoon of natural (raw) honey as a mask every monday before i take a shower with a teaspoon of lemon juice, and half a teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg, works really well!! It softens up the skin, helps fight breakouts and lightens up scars and pigmentation. Love it!!!

by Gary142 on 08/27/2016 12:33
You only shower on a Monday ???
Part of my nightly routine
Reviewed on August 19, 2016

This helped keep some of my acne at bay (though nowhere near to fixing it) and is now part of my nightly routine.

Highly recommended for softer skin.

night time
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

As part if my "nighttime regime", I use the Made from Earth Sea Kelp Clay Mask - I actually let it sit on the skin, after it dries, for about ten minutes then I rinse it off with warm water! And It comes off easily and the results are immediately noticed. This mask has worked wonders for my skin!

WHAT KIND of Honey then?
Reviewed on August 6, 2016

Hi guys!

So I am using this "raw, unfiltered" honey which is crystallized. It is thick, sticky and not liquid. I've used it for 2 days already and Ihavent seen any remarkable results like how u guys experienced.

Does it matter what kind of honey then? Raw honey is better but its thick and crystallized, which makes me wonder if it could absorb into my face effectively? :/

Thanks!

by miacorcha on 08/08/2016 23:03
Pure, unfiltered, raw honey will not typically crystallize as long as you keep it sealed between uses. I've had raw honey for months at a time that doesn't crystallize. Best bet is a local honey at a farmer's market or local organic/health food store.
Just no
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

Why have we all resulted in putting honey on our faces? Seriously, its sticky, itchy and irritating. After hiding in ours bedrooms for 20 minuites, trying to disguise the fact that you are putting honey on your face from your reletives, you will finally wash it off and find yourself with more depressing red bumps that you began with. You wouldn't put golden syrup on your face so why smother it with honey?

Made my skin feel nice, but broke out :(
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I tried using honey as a face wash in the mornings and also as a mask. . . I even used the best manuka honey there was but I got pretty terrible cystic acne afterwards. Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad it works for others.

best Mask
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

Honey seems to work the best on me in drying up a pimple, and by pimple, I mean fairly large. I have very oily skin, but this does not make me feel oily after I take it off. I of course only use raw honey from a health food store. Honey is so wonderful for many different things. Don't hesitate to smear this stuff all over your face, no matter what type of skin you have. I have tried the vinegar w/ the mother, but it doesn't do as much for me as the honey. Put the honey on all over your face or a spot treatment, say for about 30 minutes. Like other on the spot acne treatments, this is not going to cause the skin to peel or dry it out at all. I am allergic to almost everything I use, but this stuff is the best.

Seeing results and feeling smoother skin
Reviewed on July 13, 2016

I am a woman in her mid 40s and have had breakouts all my life, usually hormonal, but lately it is getting to the stage where I get clear skin one day a month, I'm sick of it. So I have been trying the honey mask all week and I have definitely seen a change in my skin, today my friend noticed and said my skin was looking really good! I am taking a liver cleanser too Milk Thistle that I think is helping, but the honey mask is making my skin softer and more moisturized. I use Rosehip oil as a moisturizer afterwards. Feels amazing, make sure you use raw honey though. I live in NZ where we have really good raw honey products.