Gunilla Lerosett for Acne Treatment reviews

3.5/5 - 19 reviews

Brand: Gunilla

Gunilla Lerosett for Acne Treatment

Proprietary heat-treated, mineral rich, 100% organic clay and distilled water.

best stuff on earth!!
Reviewed on December 2, 2014

Wow I'm seriously shocked at the negative reviews!! I guess products can't work for everyone, but all regular dermatologist products made my skin 100x worse! I honestly will never use another product again. Lerosett speeds the healing time of any pimple by seriously DAYS, maybe even weeks. It will draw out the infections/pimples and help them heal quicker instead of allowing them to stay underneath the skin. Yes sometimes that sucks but afterwards your skin is so clear and smooth. Their customer service is great and they have sales 4x a year..it can be expensive but it's well worth it! I'll never switch prodcuts again and recommend lerosett to anyone with troubled skin.

by sl63amg on 01/05/2015 19:06
I agree its just purging. People with really bad acne go to Lerosett. Usually after they find out Proactiv doest work for cystic acne and thats what Lerosett is, for people with BAD acne. If you have bad acne you got a lot of stuff under your skin and your skin will look worse for a few weeks, but thats the reason no other products worked, you never purged out.
Amazing
Reviewed on November 3, 2014

Less than 30 days ago my face was completely covered with cystic acne. Since using lerosett my face has lost all inflammation and is completely controlled. I plan to use this product for the rest of my life. I recommend it to all suffering from cystic acne!! Now I am just left with the scarring. Which they also have a cure for. I will be ordering the scar cream in next couple days. I am surprisingly pleased with this product. Has cleared my face along with boosting my confidence!

by sl63amg on 01/05/2015 19:48
Thats great to hear. You obviously used it every day and used spot treatments as well. You also waited long enough for the zinc to have an effect on your sebum glands and you waited for the next pimple cycle. That next cycle was minimal because the previous masks had removed the clogs that would have backed up the oil in the pores. Unfortunately for some take 2 weeks some take 10 weeks, depending on pimple depth, glad you stayed with it to the end. CEO
Didn't help
Reviewed on March 14, 2014

I have adult cystic acne on my chin that I have never been able to find success clearing up, other than getting pregnant. Pretty obvious that it's hormonal. I've tried pretty much everything and thought I'd give this a chance. I tried the clay mask for over 2 months and saw no improvement at all.

by SarahESTYHill on 05/02/2014 17:52
If you are not planning on getting pregnant, talk to your Obgyn about getting on birth control and Spironolactone. I have been taking it for 6years and it has saved my life!! I didn't have it for 2 weeks once and got a huge cystic blemish on my chin that didn't go away forever. I will never be w/o this medicine again! It's not an antibiotic, it is a potassium sparing diuretic, so all I have to do is watch my potassium intake. Have had no problems.
by messagebrdregistrationblah on 05/29/2015 17:53
@SarahESTYHill and princessof7- DO NOTTTT go on medication such as spiro or birth control. yes, it will give you beautiful skin. BUT it is NOT NOT NOT, and I obviously am unable to stress this enough- a permanent solution. Birth control is a synthetic hormone that ends up setting back your skins ability to control its own oil and sebum production, and once you are off of it it will go hay wire. Spiro has its own adverse affects while ON it, and off of it, aye yaye yaye. On it, I have lost the amount, length and thickness of my eyelashes (I can no longer wear makeup because when I do my eyelashes fall out fast and in clumps because they are so thin and frail), my eyebrows are thin and shed like crazy- and my HAIR- it is so thin I see my scalp. These are only surface effects. Internally, your libido disappears, nearly. If you have no hair, virtually anywhere, you already feel less sexy, but it takes away your sexual drive. It also causes an increase in potassium, so forget eating potassium rich foods because that can kill you. It can rob you of your natural water, as it is a diuretic, and it may ruin your kidneys. Stay away. These drugs are hormonal and mess with your bodies natural way of functioning.
Reviewed on February 6, 2013

use is VERY consistently and you will achieve results

Reviewed on December 19, 2012

it was hard to believe that this worked for 98% of people as there website claimed. i was silly to waste the money on this. it did not work. it doesn't even work as a spot treatment. if it really worked for 98% of people as their site claimed everyone would use it and there would be no more acne. plus they claim it works because it has rassoul clay. rassul clay should not be $34. i now beleive this company is a scam. i found out about it from a guys facebook post. he was a professor at the university of kansas i beleive. i did not think this was fishy. well it just so happens that lerosett is made in kansas and never even touches sweden so i have no idea why it is called gunilla of sweden. this company is a scam and a peice of crap. it will not work. don't waste your time or your money. 34 dollars is a lot for a small tube that doesn't do anything beneficial at all for your skin.

by sl63amg on 01/05/2015 19:41
Its not just plain Rasul Clay, if it was why would over 400 of the best acne clinics in America pay for it, after 25 years they can’t figure it out? They would save the money and just use Rasul clay wouldn't they? Its heat treated, this changes the molecules just like limestone changes into cement after its been heated to an exact degree. This increases the effectiveness of the Zink by over 250% by increasing the skin absorption rate of the minerals, that’s the healing part. The absorption of impurities goes up about 300%, that’s the clog part that backs up the oil that causes the pimple. The reason so many LOVE it and So many HATE it is some use it correctly with patience and others don’t, or they didn’t use it long enough. It takes time for the Zink to be work on the oil glands and the clog absorption wont be noticed until your next pimple cycle, 3-4 weeks. Lerosett can be tricky to use that’s why you should call the help desk if your having problems and they will be glad to help you. Then it works, it really does. I wish I would have designed LEROSETT® Clay better about 25 years ago, it took me years to get the temperature treatment right without damaging the mineral content, but my goal was to make a drug free acne treatment. The problem is in the USA that’s against the law since acne is classified as a disease you can only market drugs to a disease. Not so in Sweden and most of Europe you see less acne there too. In Europe they use a lot less acne drugs because the doctors don’t get paid the same way. Also most people with occasional pimples don’t really have acne, its problem skin. Unless you’re chronic with lots of deep cystic pimples that cause scars it’s really not acne. Every teenager gets pimples; does every teenager in America have an incurable skin disease? That’s what acne is; remember that fact when your acne treatment isn’t working, you’re trying to cure an incurable skin disease, like rosacea, psoriasis and eczema. It takes every day effort, never missing a day to stay clear, and you don’t stop for years. Its like loosing lots of weight on a diet and staying that way, it takes effort, the product alone wont do it. If you have a problem with LEROSETT® please call in, when used correctly, for clog related pimples it simply works. It’s a fact; call some of the acne specialists on the web site they will confirm all I said. CEO
Reviewed on November 5, 2012

I was so hoping this would be the one to help my 14 year old son with his mild to moderate acne, with all it's great reviews, but my son one was of the 2% that it didn't work for. He started out with somewhere between mild to moderate acne. His acne got worse, which they said that it would. When it came close to his 21 day free trial, I called customer service and told them that it was getting worse each week. They said that he needed more time, so they extended his free trial to 42 days and sent another tube with a free healing serum. Once again a couple of days before the 42 days were up, I called to send back the rest of the product , so I won't get charged. His face continued to get worse each week, to where it's close to severe, and I don't know where to go or begin. I do have to say that each time I called and emailed, that customer service was right there and took time to talk and help me, which was a pleasant surprise, because most customer service departments for online products just stink. I'm glad for the ones that this has helped, but just wanted my story to get out, that there are some that it does the opposite and makes it worse, even when followed as instructed.

by sl63amg on 01/05/2015 19:40
They have the best customer service and they care. The family that owes the company is in it to help people, not just to make money, they already have that. Sometimes on rare occasions even when used correctly Lerosett cant do it, but those are rare occasions. Im sorry it did't work. CEO
Reviewed on October 6, 2012

I've had severe cystic acne for over 13 years and it took over 2 weeks to purge my skin, but I stuck with it and I've had clear skin ever since. The first time I used it I seen less oil, smaller pores, less redness and swelling. I did break out pretty bad but where as it would take weeks for the acne to dissapear, only took days with lerosett. You also need to apply it in very thin layers, several times a day for it to work. They are very kind and offer tons of tips to help clear your skin. They have a free trial for about $3 plus you get a free moisturizer!

Reviewed on August 9, 2012

I don't understand how this didn't work for some people. This was my miracle cure, goes to show you need to try things despite reviews. It took me about two weeks with this mask twice a day to have beautiful skin. It can get pretty expensive, but I don't mind as long as my skin is clear( coupon code for 15% off: 1151). I had my acne for 2+ years and it was horrible. My skin was deformed and I was fearing that I might have to just live like that forever. I had cysts and pustules mixed in my chin and forehead and the the pain was unbearable. I use it twice a day. I saw the change in my skin on day two, the thing I did different with this product was that I believed, I truly believed that it would work for me and I trusted God, and just my luck, it did.

Good luck to all :)

by sl63amg on 01/05/2015 19:53
Im so glad it worked for you. The reason it doesn't work for some people is because some have very deep pimples and they take up to 3-8 weeks to get out with 2 masks a day. Many of these people will give up or not handle the purging. The problem is without the purging many of these people won't get clear. Your pimples were not very deep since you cleared at 2 weeks, happy for you and your faith.
Reviewed on May 25, 2012

I have been battling adult acne for a few years now and was recommended this product by a spa that did my facials. I researched the website, that made it seem great and effective. WRONG. As soon as I used it I started breaking out in places I've never broken out before and my acne scares were prominent and red. I stupidly believed the site that my skin needed to "purge" before it got better. I followed the instructions and contacted customer service to make sure, which they claimed I was. By the third week of "purging" I decided enough was enough. Now a few months later switching to another care regime, my breakouts from this product are finally getting better though I'm still having to deal with the scares. Please don't get fooled by this product, it doesn't work.

by sl63amg on 01/06/2015 22:57
Why would the spa you went to intentionally recommend a product for acne that did not work. They would loose money giving you a refund. Makes no sense. The fact is, you are most likely a 6 week purge, you stopped at 3, typical and thats to long for you. In your case you should have added the ClearPoint supplements it cuts the purging by 50%. Also you are saying that there are over 500 acne clinics and spas that use and sell and acne product that doesn't work on anyone and all those thousands of acne experts have been fooled, after a few refunds they would stop selling it. What makes more sense, about 4,000 acne experts for over two decades have been intentionally sabotaging their acne clients, or you just gave up because the purging took to long for you? comments can be directed to Fred at [link removed]. CEO
Reviewed on May 5, 2012

Bought this because I am pregnant and broke out with terrible acne on my chin, around my mouth area and wanted something safe to use. Used the whole tube and was left with big, angry spots everywhere. Claims to clear cystic acne and they used case studies of people with skin much worse than mine so its clearly a nasty wee scam. Waste of time, money and energy.

by sl63amg on 01/06/2015 23:05
Why is it when a product doesn't work for one person that the company selling the product for over 27 years is a fraud? What are the possibilities that you were misdiagnosed, used the product incorrectly or are one of the 3% it just won't work for. How do we know your not with a competitor? I am here because my company has the best customer service in skin care and I am the CEO personally and politely answering a few complaints. You can direct your email to Fred Nilsson at Gunilla of Sweden. I am more than happy to answer any questions. Remember, the hydroponically grown aloe in the moisturizer, face wash and healing serums are just as important as the clay itself. The web site has the phone numbers to the top acne experts who will only use Lerosett, you can call them too.