Grisi Sulfur Soap with Lanolin reviews

4.3/5 - 22 reviews

Brand: Grisi

Sulfur 10%.

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Corn (Zea Mays) Starch, Fragrance, Lanolin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polysorbate 80.

Grisi Sulfur Soap with Lanolin for Acne - 2 Pack
updated: 10/22/2014 21:24 UTC

Broke me out badly
Reviewed on February 11, 2014

Well I tried this since I heard sulfur can help both acne and yeast overgrowth. I don't know what I have but my skin has never been clear so I was willing to try anything. Basically it broke me out the next day worse and worse. I had deep cystic pimples all over my chin and jaw that I never get normally!! My skin wasn't even bad before but this made me break out like the worst I've ever seen it. I heard it could be a purging phase so I'm going to stick with it for 3-4 weeks. But I seriously have a bad feeling that it's just going to get worse... My face became more oily. Will update later.

Not working for me anymore
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

For the first week I was washing my face with it in the afternoon and before bed and felt my face was clearing up. I moved down to washing with it once a day. I was taken off of an oral antibiotic a few weeks ago and broke out with numerous red, painful bumps. I figured the soap would help soothe it, but nope, it hasn't done anything for me. I guess I'll move back to washing with it twice a day...

Not for me
Reviewed on July 9, 2013

I've been struggling with acne for years now, and in the past I used a sulfur regimen that helped but made my skin dry and flaky. Now that I have a good moisturizer I decided to give sulfur another go, but unfortunately this made my acne worse. My skin became very dry even with moisturizer and my face broke out horribly. My mom even told me to quit using whatever I had been using because my skin looked so bad. I gave it two months and then quit. It was very cheap though and the bar lasts a long time.

Reviewed on April 18, 2013

I've been using this for about a week or two and hopefully it'll clear up my acne I've seen results and it has gotten rid of my major hurtful breakouts very quickly. What I don't like is that it always gets in my eyes and stings badly. Some people don't like the smell but I like it, it smells clean.

Reviewed on March 26, 2013

From the box. Active Ingredients: Sulfur 10%

Inactive ingredients: sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate, corn (zea mays) starch, fragrance, lanolin, tetrasodium edta, polysorbate 80

Reviewed on March 26, 2013

I have only used this sulfur bar soap on my body chest and back and have noticed no more brakeouts in those areas. But i don't use it daily because on the box it says: Do not use on large areas of the skin. I don't know the reasoning behind that so thats why I dont use it daily. Im going to start using it on my face since its worked on my body but I am worried cus I know soaps leave a residue and Acne.org suggests not to use bar soaps cus of that, But we'll see.

Reviewed on March 16, 2013

This is my god sent product. I have had body acne since I was about 13, and I have tried everything under the sun and nothing ever worked. It's been 10 days using this soap, as directed, and I'm 95% clear of acne, and about 60% clear of scars, which is amazing because my back looked like a warzone a week ago! I am so thankful to have found this stinky little miracle soap! :)

by arl505 on 09/24/2014 23:20
Do you still use this soap and did you leave it on 10 minutes as suggested?
Reviewed on February 1, 2013

WOW! i never write reviews but here it goes.. ive had back acne for as long as i remember and when i used it 2 days my pimples have shrunken and my skin is so much smoother! my breakout are going away, and im in love!! HIGHLY recommend this!!

Reviewed on August 28, 2012

I purchased this for my 16 year old son because of the good reviews. He used it for 4 weeks and his skin is getting increasingly worse (red rashy bumps). I do think it helped a little with blackheads. We wanted to give it a full 8 weeks, but then I researched lanolin. "Lanolin and its derivatives ranked a four out of five when rated on a five point scale, with ingredients rated five as having the most probability of clogging pores". So, once again, we're on to something new.

Reviewed on June 13, 2012

This is the BEST purchase I have made for my facial acne. I struggled with acne for years, and never got the results like this. Benzyl peroxide did nothing but damage, salacylic acid was ok, but soon as it got rid of something a new one would form XD. I needed something to get rid of and prevent my acne, and this is the only thing that did that for me (along with tea tree oil, the only other great product I use). Not only that but the other washes seemed to dull out my skin, and soon as I stopped using them and went to this my family has started complementing how gorgeous my skin is, it just glows, isn't oil or dry, and looks so perfect and healthy as its ever been; uhh I'm in love with this. I can just go on and on about how great my skin is because of this. My acne is gone, I don't get new ones, and my face is so pretty with a healthy glow (no more dullness). PLEASE TRY THIS

Its cheap and lasts a long time.