Grisi Sulfur Soap With Lanolin For Acne reviews

4.3/5 - 26 reviews

Brand: Grisi

Sulfur (10%).

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Corn (Zea Mays) Starch, Fragrance, Lanolin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polysorbate 80.

Grisi Sulfur Soap with Lanolin for Acne - 2 Pack
updated: 11/30/2015 18:10 UTC
$5.95 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Grisi Sulfur Soap With Lanolin For Acne

Was rad then stopped working
Reviewed on November 22, 2015

I bought this of despair one day as I have literally tried everything besides accutane. seriously ask me and i've tried it ;)

Two days later I had no active acne on my face for the first time in 5 years, this lasted about a month and i was able to go on my Japanese student exchange completely worry free about my skin, I was 99% clear. A month later slowly, the acne came back. So sulfur works but for some reason I grew resistant to it fast!

three cheers for sulfur!
Reviewed on September 4, 2015

The only cleanser bar I'll use! Sulfur is magnificent. I was with this twice a day and then use my dry face brush afterwards. Healing but not drying.

Reviewed on August 6, 2015

i have read that lanolin makes clogged pores that's true?

by JWaltersRN on 08/26/2015 23:16
I haven't had that problem with this soap. It cleared out my pores. The Lanolin is great for moisturizing and its made my skin much softer.
Good for new breakouts, makes older break outs worst.
Reviewed on June 7, 2015

I noticed this is good for oily skin, maybe prevention. Also reduces new breakout size. However for existing acne I feel it makes it worst, scars last longer.

Broke me out badly
Reviewed on February 11, 2014

Well I tried this since I heard sulfur can help both acne and yeast overgrowth. I don't know what I have but my skin has never been clear so I was willing to try anything. Basically it broke me out the next day worse and worse. I had deep cystic pimples all over my chin and jaw that I never get normally!! My skin wasn't even bad before but this made me break out like the worst I've ever seen it. I heard it could be a purging phase so I'm going to stick with it for 3-4 weeks. But I seriously have a bad feeling that it's just going to get worse... My face became more oily. Will update later.

Not working for me anymore
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

For the first week I was washing my face with it in the afternoon and before bed and felt my face was clearing up. I moved down to washing with it once a day. I was taken off of an oral antibiotic a few weeks ago and broke out with numerous red, painful bumps. I figured the soap would help soothe it, but nope, it hasn't done anything for me. I guess I'll move back to washing with it twice a day...

Not for me
Reviewed on July 9, 2013

I've been struggling with acne for years now, and in the past I used a sulfur regimen that helped but made my skin dry and flaky. Now that I have a good moisturizer I decided to give sulfur another go, but unfortunately this made my acne worse. My skin became very dry even with moisturizer and my face broke out horribly. My mom even told me to quit using whatever I had been using because my skin looked so bad. I gave it two months and then quit. It was very cheap though and the bar lasts a long time.

Reviewed on April 18, 2013

I've been using this for about a week or two and hopefully it'll clear up my acne I've seen results and it has gotten rid of my major hurtful breakouts very quickly. What I don't like is that it always gets in my eyes and stings badly. Some people don't like the smell but I like it, it smells clean.

Reviewed on March 26, 2013

From the box. Active Ingredients: Sulfur 10%

Inactive ingredients: sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate, corn (zea mays) starch, fragrance, lanolin, tetrasodium edta, polysorbate 80

Reviewed on March 26, 2013

I have only used this sulfur bar soap on my body chest and back and have noticed no more brakeouts in those areas. But i don't use it daily because on the box it says: Do not use on large areas of the skin. I don't know the reasoning behind that so thats why I dont use it daily. Im going to start using it on my face since its worked on my body but I am worried cus I know soaps leave a residue and suggests not to use bar soaps cus of that, But we'll see.