Page 9 of Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 336 reviews

Green Tea

Reviewed on August 4, 2011

i am 20 and i have PCOS.

i felt so bad after using this LIPTON TEA.

i started drinking it last Sunday after reading GOOD reviews about green tea. they said that it has fast result and it will help you with your acne.

at first it was okay and very refreshing. but an hour after, i noticed that my face is starting to become more oily. but at the back of my mind, i just thought that maybe its normal, so i continue using it. i drank 4 cups the same day, and i even made it as a facial mask and the tea bag as toner.

the 2nd day, everything is fine, aside from the feeling that there is like stinging on your face..

the 3rd day, i was so shocked and felt like crying after seeing my face with new breakouts, my acne are so angry, and its painful... my face got even WORST LIKE HELL! so i stopped drinkin it. so now im suffering! :( help :(

Reviewed on August 3, 2011

for those of you saying it's bitter

you don't need to brew it for a long time!

what I do is...

Boil some water, about 3.5 mugs full

LEAVE THE WATER to cool down a bit.. just a bit though like 30 secs. if the temperature is too hot, it makes the tea bitter

Put about 4 heaped tsp of green tea leaves in a pitcher

Pour in the still very hot but not boiling water

Leave it for ~2 MINUTES. yes, all the goodness will be in the tea, it's not necessary to brew for longer than that. It'll just make it bitter.

Strain the leaves out

Put a few tbsp of tea into a seperate container for a toner

Pour out the tea from the pitcher into a mug, and drink!

(if I'm craving sugar for some reason I add about half a tsp of Agave Nectar. It is very low GI! But I normally don't add the agave)

I normally have a mug before breakfast, and a mug after breakfast. Then I have another couple mugs throughout the day (I make more batches, and give it to my parents too). So I have like 4 mugs a day.

See "Pros" for results!

Reviewed on August 1, 2011

I've been drinking Green Tea for about a month now and this may be the best natural way that helps clearing up my acne. I have light acne but very bad dark spots from the acne. First day drinking Green Tea, it instantly makes my face looks fresh! Ever since then it's improved, from looking so dull (plus the blemishes), my skin glows naturally. I don't use make up at all so I badly needed a cure to perk my face up real nice. Now I still have a few dark spots to deal with and fewer acne problems. A week ago I started using the teabags as toner, and my old dark spots is slowly brightening up. It feels nice and fresh on the face, I dab it on every morning before class. I also like to put on HONEY MASK after toning, I think it goes well. I think it would take some time for the old spots to vanish, but I'm definitely stinking to Green Tea for good. Will be back for further review in another month or two, the important thing is you have to be persistent!

Reviewed on July 30, 2011

What else can I say other than: WOW. WOWOWOW. I drank my first cup of green tea about a day ago, and JEEEEE WHIZ. I'm already seeing results! I will continue drinking it since school is coming right around the corner, and I dont wanna be seen as the "zit faced loser."!!! :)

Reviewed on July 27, 2011

I Love it...Need to buy more bacuse I am going on a vacation.

Reviewed on July 25, 2011

completely love it <3 i drink it and even put it on my skin ,.,i always drink it with natural honey which is way better than sugar ,.,who knew the natural way is better ,.,i began researching for better and natural ways to get rid of acne and green tea is one of them ,,.also putting tomato directly on the skin helps so much ,.,.but my most favorite is Potato! i know weird huh ,.,.i peel the skin off the potato then cut it in pieces put it on the blender and it will look like paste ,.,and put it directly on my skin like a facial mask,.,.using this also helped me so much.,. no more annoying acne .,.,p.s. green tea and potatoes are so good to get rid of acne scars =)

Reviewed on July 21, 2011

7/8 cup water per tea bag, microwave for one minute, then add 1 tsp of honey, 1-2 times a day.

I have light acne naturally, but with green tea, its non-existent, except for my persistent blackheads (which are disappearing if I scrub them open then run the used tea bag over them) I use the wet tea bags as a toner and wipe them over my face.

It took me forever to find something that actually works, for I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide and have sensitive skin.

Clear skin, and loving it.

Reviewed on July 16, 2011

I use green tea as a toner. In the morning and at night I make some green tea with my coffee pot and let it cool while I'm taking a shower. Then I rub the tea bags all over my face and neck, and then I use my Alba Botanica toner then I moisturize my face with Clinique dramatically different GEL. I also drink the green tea that I made after I'm done. I use Kirkland 100% Japanese green tea from Costco. It's 1$2.00 because it's a pack of 100. I hope this works for you!! :)

Reviewed on July 12, 2011

This works. I left a review of this when I started drinking green tea 3 months ago now, under the name cocobean! Well, I said I would update you all after a couple of months to see if the green tea results would last or not...I can safely say that month 3 now, I just had my visit from mother nature and I could count on one hand the number of visible new spots I had. Amazinnnnggg! No new breakout! I have actually beaten my monthly breakout which leaves me in tears and hiding from the world. For some reason, this works. I have been drinking Lipton Green Tea, the 100% Natural one, from Smart and Final, a box of 100 costs around $4.99 and each tea bag makes 2-3 cups and I use about 2 tea bags per day so thats 4-6 cups per day, hot and sometimes cold. I mix in a herbal tea bag too, it makes the flavor more fun sometimes. You must drink this often and I just replace it with coffee, soda and juice, this is all I drink now and its made my life a happy one, I dont use foundation any more, just a touch of concealer. I am no way 100% but at least I am 70-80 % clear and I can live with this :) I hope everyone does this and gets the results they deserve. Best of luck to all of you and never give up! Always smile and know that this is just a small piece of our lives we have to deal with. Now go get your green tea :)

Reviewed on July 10, 2011

Green tea seems to improve acne but it's not conclusive.