Page 9 of Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 342 reviews

Green Tea

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

I love green tea and drink it daily, and when I have a bad cyst or nodular acne spot, I let the tea bag cool and let it set on the spots. It helps reduce the swelling and the cysts go away a lot quicker than if I left them be.

I get some small pustules on my cheeks and they're always really red. It seems to really help the redness in my skin.

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

Try it! I am 15 and I had body and face acne. After about a week drinkin this and using sea breeze astringent my face and body are in the clear. It is a good feeling to walk around in a tank top without being self conscious:))))

Reviewed on August 20, 2011

I would recommend using regular green tea because when it becomes non-caffeinated you lose alot of the antioxidants (which is what helps your skin).

Also be sure to drink it hot. Green tea contains catechins (location of the antioxidants) and theanine (provides sweetness and freshness) that reduce caffeine activity. Brewing green tea allows these molecules to combine with caffeine in hot water, rendering the caffeine less effective. If you let it cool off too much after brewing, the catechins break down and more caffeine is released.

Reviewed on August 19, 2011

Green tea is the all time super drink. Not only has it been keeping my skin clear with the occasional pimple and breakout, but it is also has many other health benefits. I try to drink it at least once a day and I also take the tea bag and apply it to my face while also pressing it under my eyes to wake them up. I think green tea is amazing, it makes my skin glow, it's gentle and non-irritating and I do not get big pimples that often when drinking this.

I highly recommend this, please try it out.

Reviewed on August 11, 2011

I have already fought my battle against acne by using cetaphil antibacterial soap for my facial wash and for some time I also drank glutathione just for about a month. I also use tea tree oil as a toner but it was drying yet with it I seldom have breakouts.

I started drinking green tea because it had a high rating here @ acne.org and truly I didn't have a single breakout when I started drinking it. I drink it only twice a day mixed with honey. I love it so much!!!! Although I still get lots of oil on my face whenever the weather is so hot, still the important thing is, no more breakouts, tiny pimples that will lessen your confidence.

Reviewed on August 9, 2011

Let me just tell you all that I'm a fairy light Asian with sensitive skin so my skin is very difficult to take care of, especially in my environment - NYC and a stressed college student. I have tried a lot of different products over my 7 years of skin trouble but Green Tea has worked the best.

I started drinking Green Tea for about a week and I saw great results. Before I started I would get at least 2-3 new pimples a day, etc, but now I would get one to none. Plus, my scars are fading!

In the end, I wish I discovered Green Tea earlier.

Reviewed on August 4, 2011

i am 20 and i have PCOS.

i felt so bad after using this LIPTON TEA.

i started drinking it last Sunday after reading GOOD reviews about green tea. they said that it has fast result and it will help you with your acne.

at first it was okay and very refreshing. but an hour after, i noticed that my face is starting to become more oily. but at the back of my mind, i just thought that maybe its normal, so i continue using it. i drank 4 cups the same day, and i even made it as a facial mask and the tea bag as toner.

the 2nd day, everything is fine, aside from the feeling that there is like stinging on your face..

the 3rd day, i was so shocked and felt like crying after seeing my face with new breakouts, my acne are so angry, and its painful... my face got even WORST LIKE HELL! so i stopped drinkin it. so now im suffering! :( help :(

Reviewed on August 3, 2011

for those of you saying it's bitter

you don't need to brew it for a long time!

what I do is...

Boil some water, about 3.5 mugs full

LEAVE THE WATER to cool down a bit.. just a bit though like 30 secs. if the temperature is too hot, it makes the tea bitter

Put about 4 heaped tsp of green tea leaves in a pitcher

Pour in the still very hot but not boiling water

Leave it for ~2 MINUTES. yes, all the goodness will be in the tea, it's not necessary to brew for longer than that. It'll just make it bitter.

Strain the leaves out

Put a few tbsp of tea into a seperate container for a toner

Pour out the tea from the pitcher into a mug, and drink!

(if I'm craving sugar for some reason I add about half a tsp of Agave Nectar. It is very low GI! But I normally don't add the agave)

I normally have a mug before breakfast, and a mug after breakfast. Then I have another couple mugs throughout the day (I make more batches, and give it to my parents too). So I have like 4 mugs a day.

See "Pros" for results!

Reviewed on August 1, 2011

I've been drinking Green Tea for about a month now and this may be the best natural way that helps clearing up my acne. I have light acne but very bad dark spots from the acne. First day drinking Green Tea, it instantly makes my face looks fresh! Ever since then it's improved, from looking so dull (plus the blemishes), my skin glows naturally. I don't use make up at all so I badly needed a cure to perk my face up real nice. Now I still have a few dark spots to deal with and fewer acne problems. A week ago I started using the teabags as toner, and my old dark spots is slowly brightening up. It feels nice and fresh on the face, I dab it on every morning before class. I also like to put on HONEY MASK after toning, I think it goes well. I think it would take some time for the old spots to vanish, but I'm definitely stinking to Green Tea for good. Will be back for further review in another month or two, the important thing is you have to be persistent!

Reviewed on July 30, 2011

What else can I say other than: WOW. WOWOWOW. I drank my first cup of green tea about a day ago, and JEEEEE WHIZ. I'm already seeing results! I will continue drinking it since school is coming right around the corner, and I dont wanna be seen as the "zit faced loser."!!! :)