Page 5 of Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 343 reviews

Green Tea

Reviewed on September 3, 2012

Ive been struggling with acne for a year now. Im 24/f have had crystal clear skin all throughout my teens. I got struck with a horomonal problem and was placed on a cocktail of birth controls and other horomonal meds. In summary, my skin became a mess as of the summer of last year. I mean huge cysts that were filled with sebum ( the kind that no matter how much you squeezed more oil came out) gross i know, but the problem was horomonal. Tried saw palmetto, mint tea all if which were supposed to decrease the androgen causing horomone that was causing this gross skin condition, of course with no result. Summer time seems to aggrevate the condition due to the hot and humid air which caused my skin to be more oily, was on the verge of going on yaz but decided to go for one last natural approach.... Green tea! Ive been drinking the stuff 4 cups daily with no sugar or other additives, with lots of water and honey miced with sugar masks 2xs a day and i can officially say my skin has gone back to its natural texture. Normal/dry as opposed to super oily. Not only does green tea work on detoxifying the body and getting rid of the inflammation and acne causing bacteria but it also regulates the overly active androgen horomone which leads to acne. Check out some of the info i have found. Green tea is an absolute miracle Scientists at the Tang Center for Herbal Medicine Research at the University of Chicago identified a specific green tea catechin called (-) epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) as the main hormone-regulating catechin. Multiple animal studies show that injections of EGCG modulate androgens and other hormones which contribute to acne development.1

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

Green tea has significantly reduced my acne. I don't think it's the green tea alone though--when I drink it, it makes me feel healthier, and that has inspired me to clean up my diet and simplify my skincare system. I do two things: I drink two pots of strong (two teabags each) green tea (organic, caffeinated, flavored or not depending on whether I want to use teabags topically) and then I rub the unflavored teabags on my skin in the morning to wash my face. I then put on a serum and moisturizer. I don't drink or use the decaffeinated kind, because green tea is pretty low in caffeine already, and I try to avoid any extra processing I can. My skin has gone from moderate to light acne because of the green tea (and subsequent diet and lifestyle changes). I find the best kind is the Japanese organic green tea. I've noticed it seems to be the best kind to rub on my skin. Best thing is, I didn't have an initial breakout!

Reviewed on August 17, 2012

So i tried this in summer 2011 for my acne and i was sure to drink multiple cups a day for a few weeks. Outcome - did nada for my acne. Green tea is supposed to be good for your body none the less but don't bank on it to 'cure' or 'control' your acne.

Also tried this as a topical and it irritated my skin beyond belief.

Reviewed on July 11, 2012

i started drinking maybe around 3 to 4 cups of green tea a day hoping it would help with my the acne i do get once in a while. On top of that, i would swish around the tea bag all around my face, and let the bag sit there for 10 minutes. This was 3 weeks ago.

Since than i've been very happy with the results, my skin is brighter and smoother and havent had any new breakouts! The tea bag applied topically has gotten rid of most of my acne, and the best part i feel really healthy!

Im not saying you're acne will go away in like 10 seconds, cause it wont. But you'll see results with in a week or so. Definitely recommend it, worth a shot (: ! <3

Reviewed on July 5, 2012

been through the whole going to the doctors and going on the pill but that seemed to worsen things.

i came off the pill back in december, skin was the worse it has ever been, especially on my forhead& chin

i was living in australia at the time, the humidity was unbearable& making things worse.

moved back to the UK in january , due to air con, climate change, stress and messed up hormones, as well as a dramatic weightloss, my skin looked horrendous!

i started on a natural routine, that has been on and off for about 5-6 months.

1. i started drinking more water - and natural teas (dandilion and burdock mostly and chamomile)

2. i used Dr organics tea tree facial wipes( going back to simple products)

3. used non comodegenic concealer ( physicians formula twin concelealer)

4.i would only use aloe vera as moisturiser.

5. cut out diary

6. ate more healty in general (cut out junk food - not entirely- ate more veggies)

and my skin looked a lot better, sometimes, but nothing drastic.

so i changed it recently and wow im noticing a big difference

the aloe vera made me get a lot of blackhead, so i now only using it for dryness around the nose and soothing of tired eyes.

the burdock tea actually made my skin worse as it was detoxifying my body too much i wasnt getting vitimins from good food i was eating - so i stopped that

the tea tree wipes are great. i remove my makeup with them every night and it works great.

the concelaer is so moisterising and not suffocating. it is not seeping in your skin and pores

i use a clindomycin antibiotical lotion - cleared my forhead acne, cheek acne.

BUT only started drinking green tea a week ago, on my period, WOW - clear skin&complexion, less redness, more awake, its not a miracle, but i do believe along with my other natural ways, green tea will eventually keep my complexion and post acne marks down, aswell as working as an anti i

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

i have suffered acne for almost a decade!!!!

it ruined my life, i became so depressed with my face that i constantly been thinking of commiting suicide.

and thank god i came across this site and read about green tea. . .

i drink 1 pitcher of containing 3 bags of green tea and i apply it topically in the morning and at night. during the first week i didnt notice anything and it looked like my acne worsen but i did not stop i wanted to try it for 2 weeks so i just waited and in 2 weeks time, the size of my pimples reduced significantly and my over all skin condition improved!!!

now im on my 4th week of drinking it, i only got few breakouts but they are small, i constantly get compliments it really feels good!!!!

Reviewed on June 15, 2012

I drink approximately 3-4 cups of green tea daily and apply it to my face once or twice per day.

When applying it topically, I start by soaking a green tea bag in cold water for 10-15 min. Then I apply the tea bag on my face on the affected areas and wait for my face to dry a little. After that I use a non-comedogenic moisturizer to prevent dryness. The water that I soaked the tea bag in I sometimes use the next morning. I apply it with a cotton pad and moisturize again.

Both drinking green tea and applying it topically has really reduced my acne significantly. It has also been very beneficial for my sensitive skin, since it does not cause irritation.

I urge everyone who wants to improve their complexion to try it!

Reviewed on June 15, 2012

I am a 40-something woman with hormonal acne. I stumbled onto these remarks about green tea. I have been unhappy about being prescribed hormonal medication with definite side effects and stopped taking it.

All these reviews are NOT wrong! The tea does work! I was really quite surprised.

I drank a lot of coffee. After reading about all the benefits of green tea (including the weight loss and the comment on Oprah that you could lose ten pounds in six weeks if you replace morning coffees with green tea), I decided to cut the coffee, too.

As far as taste, green tea comes in many different varieties that are good! I bought a lot of the regular and will get some more flavors.

In ONE DAY, I noticed a difference. I don't mean peaches and cream in ten seconds, but redness is definitely noticeably reduced. I have had a couple breakouts since I started this regime, but nothing compared to what I used to deal with. I'd probably have had about 8 explosions by now; instead I have had 2 small ones.

I am drinking about 3 cups a day right now, more if I can. I use the tea bags a little bit on my face but have not really tried that much. I use caffeinated at work and decaf at home. I don't think you need the organic but some people prefer. I have bought the bottled tea that contains honey, too. Honestly, I'd start with the cheaper stuff before going for the expensive organics.

It's been a week now. I had a few breakouts but nothing compared to what I used to deal with. The redness is majorly reduced. I'll have to see if I make it through a cycle and that dreaded PMS time looking this good.

Remains to be seen if I will lose weight ,but I do notice a change in appetite. My diet isn't that bad so I am not changing it that much.

This tea is my new medication. I am hoping to permanently ditch the medicine from the derm. And it's given me pause to think more about the wisdoms of herbal medicines.

Reviewed on June 1, 2012

I have been using loose leaf green tea as a face wash/toner for about a year and I couldn't be happier! I have extremely sensitive skin, it reacts to everything, even sensitive skin products I've purchased from my dermatologist. That being said, I've done my fair share of research and knowing the benefits of drinking green tea I figured its natural and safe to use on my skin. Gave it a chance and I've never looked back. I would definitely suggest giving it a try my face has never felt/looked better. Like anything, you have to give it a chance to work. If after a month you don't notice a change, you can still use the product so its not a waste of money. I use QUO's facial sponge to wash and if I feel like I need to give my face a good scrub (especially after a workout) I use QUO's scrub pad with the green tea and it works like a facial scrub would minus the harsh chemicals!

Reviewed on May 2, 2012

I drink one BIG cup of Bigelows green tea without anything in it every day. It cleanses the body from inside and out and my face feels more "clean" from impurities than before.