Page 5 of Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 339 reviews

Green Tea

Reviewed on July 5, 2012

been through the whole going to the doctors and going on the pill but that seemed to worsen things.

i came off the pill back in december, skin was the worse it has ever been, especially on my forhead& chin

i was living in australia at the time, the humidity was unbearable& making things worse.

moved back to the UK in january , due to air con, climate change, stress and messed up hormones, as well as a dramatic weightloss, my skin looked horrendous!

i started on a natural routine, that has been on and off for about 5-6 months.

1. i started drinking more water - and natural teas (dandilion and burdock mostly and chamomile)

2. i used Dr organics tea tree facial wipes( going back to simple products)

3. used non comodegenic concealer ( physicians formula twin concelealer)

4.i would only use aloe vera as moisturiser.

5. cut out diary

6. ate more healty in general (cut out junk food - not entirely- ate more veggies)

and my skin looked a lot better, sometimes, but nothing drastic.

so i changed it recently and wow im noticing a big difference

the aloe vera made me get a lot of blackhead, so i now only using it for dryness around the nose and soothing of tired eyes.

the burdock tea actually made my skin worse as it was detoxifying my body too much i wasnt getting vitimins from good food i was eating - so i stopped that

the tea tree wipes are great. i remove my makeup with them every night and it works great.

the concelaer is so moisterising and not suffocating. it is not seeping in your skin and pores

i use a clindomycin antibiotical lotion - cleared my forhead acne, cheek acne.

BUT only started drinking green tea a week ago, on my period, WOW - clear skin&complexion, less redness, more awake, its not a miracle, but i do believe along with my other natural ways, green tea will eventually keep my complexion and post acne marks down, aswell as working as an anti i

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

i have suffered acne for almost a decade!!!!

it ruined my life, i became so depressed with my face that i constantly been thinking of commiting suicide.

and thank god i came across this site and read about green tea. . .

i drink 1 pitcher of containing 3 bags of green tea and i apply it topically in the morning and at night. during the first week i didnt notice anything and it looked like my acne worsen but i did not stop i wanted to try it for 2 weeks so i just waited and in 2 weeks time, the size of my pimples reduced significantly and my over all skin condition improved!!!

now im on my 4th week of drinking it, i only got few breakouts but they are small, i constantly get compliments it really feels good!!!!

Reviewed on June 15, 2012

I drink approximately 3-4 cups of green tea daily and apply it to my face once or twice per day.

When applying it topically, I start by soaking a green tea bag in cold water for 10-15 min. Then I apply the tea bag on my face on the affected areas and wait for my face to dry a little. After that I use a non-comedogenic moisturizer to prevent dryness. The water that I soaked the tea bag in I sometimes use the next morning. I apply it with a cotton pad and moisturize again.

Both drinking green tea and applying it topically has really reduced my acne significantly. It has also been very beneficial for my sensitive skin, since it does not cause irritation.

I urge everyone who wants to improve their complexion to try it!

Reviewed on June 15, 2012

I am a 40-something woman with hormonal acne. I stumbled onto these remarks about green tea. I have been unhappy about being prescribed hormonal medication with definite side effects and stopped taking it.

All these reviews are NOT wrong! The tea does work! I was really quite surprised.

I drank a lot of coffee. After reading about all the benefits of green tea (including the weight loss and the comment on Oprah that you could lose ten pounds in six weeks if you replace morning coffees with green tea), I decided to cut the coffee, too.

As far as taste, green tea comes in many different varieties that are good! I bought a lot of the regular and will get some more flavors.

In ONE DAY, I noticed a difference. I don't mean peaches and cream in ten seconds, but redness is definitely noticeably reduced. I have had a couple breakouts since I started this regime, but nothing compared to what I used to deal with. I'd probably have had about 8 explosions by now; instead I have had 2 small ones.

I am drinking about 3 cups a day right now, more if I can. I use the tea bags a little bit on my face but have not really tried that much. I use caffeinated at work and decaf at home. I don't think you need the organic but some people prefer. I have bought the bottled tea that contains honey, too. Honestly, I'd start with the cheaper stuff before going for the expensive organics.

It's been a week now. I had a few breakouts but nothing compared to what I used to deal with. The redness is majorly reduced. I'll have to see if I make it through a cycle and that dreaded PMS time looking this good.

Remains to be seen if I will lose weight ,but I do notice a change in appetite. My diet isn't that bad so I am not changing it that much.

This tea is my new medication. I am hoping to permanently ditch the medicine from the derm. And it's given me pause to think more about the wisdoms of herbal medicines.

Reviewed on June 1, 2012

I have been using loose leaf green tea as a face wash/toner for about a year and I couldn't be happier! I have extremely sensitive skin, it reacts to everything, even sensitive skin products I've purchased from my dermatologist. That being said, I've done my fair share of research and knowing the benefits of drinking green tea I figured its natural and safe to use on my skin. Gave it a chance and I've never looked back. I would definitely suggest giving it a try my face has never felt/looked better. Like anything, you have to give it a chance to work. If after a month you don't notice a change, you can still use the product so its not a waste of money. I use QUO's facial sponge to wash and if I feel like I need to give my face a good scrub (especially after a workout) I use QUO's scrub pad with the green tea and it works like a facial scrub would minus the harsh chemicals!

Reviewed on May 2, 2012

I drink one BIG cup of Bigelows green tea without anything in it every day. It cleanses the body from inside and out and my face feels more "clean" from impurities than before.

Reviewed on April 30, 2012

I tried this as a toner a few times, but it just didn't do anything for me. I found it's awesome for hair, though! Makes it soft and shiny :)

Reviewed on April 22, 2012

I used this for several months to help my acne. It hasn't done much to prevent new pimples. I got tired of all the blackheads that would appear randomly in different areas of my face, and after stopping green tea, they went away and haven't had any new ones- so I attribute it to the green tea. Never had blackheads before, except on the nose.

I brewed some green tea and kept it in a bottle in the fridge, and would apply it cold morning and night with a cotton ball. If I wanted to reduce pimple redness, I would apply green tea to a cotton ball, leave over the pimple until it dried, and then wet it again and reapply. It reduced redness a lot! So it's good for that. I left it on my skin overnight a lot too.

I was reading about folliculitis and I think I have that in my temple area and side of face, noticed it last fall, about same time I started using this. Perhaps the antibacterial effect of green tea upset the balance of my skin and caused it to worsen.

Anyway, bottom line is, it makes your skin look nice (if it doesn't cause blackheads), can be used as a spot treatment for redness, but didn't do much to prevent acne. I'm continuing my search for natural acne reatments.

Reviewed on April 22, 2012

Just started drinking this last night. I drank an entire pot - yes, a pot. Like a cooking pot. I filled it up with water, boiled it, and then added four tea bags which I let steep for at least one hour. As a result, the tea is extremely strong. I drank an entire pot last night before bed. I have three cystic acne pimples that were very red, huge, scaly and painful. Inflammation is extremely reduced and redness is gone. No more pain, just a pleasant buzzing sensation. My face is much less red and now my unaffected skin resembles porcelain. I'm unsure how I benefited from this tea so quickly, but I certainly did. I drank the pot directly before bed. Maybe that's why.

Reviewed on April 19, 2012

I have always loved drinking tea, but not green tea! I actually tried it originally as a de-stressor when I was seeing a naturopathic doctor. I was instructed to drink one glass before or after each meal. I never had serious acne problems, but my skin was always oily and had blackheads. Now my complexion is even and the blackheads are virtually eliminated! :)

I found this company (www.shantitea.ca) who offer a huge selection of green teas, I guess the types I was trying were wrong for me. FOR ANYONE WHO THINKS GREEN TEA IS BITTER - they say that you should not pour boiling water over green tea, it burns the leaves and makes them bitter. Instead let the water cool for 5 minutes first and leave the tea in the water for 2-3 minutes. Leaving it longer will make the taste stronger but also make the benefits greater. :D