Page 4 of Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 336 reviews

Green Tea

Reviewed on November 28, 2012

I used to drink green tea every day and I experienced no benefit whatsoever to my skin--in fact, i'm pretty sure it made my acne worse due to the caffeine (my doctor was the one who actually pointed this out).

I don't know what the reviewer down there is talking about when she claims that green tea regulates her hormones...it's far more likely that she stopped breaking out due to the fact that her body finally adjusted to the birth control and hormones her doctor put her on...

I like to use it topically, sometimes as a toner, sometimes as a spot treatment. It totally kills the inflammation on your face, which works wonders for any cystic acne you have. Seriously. Have you ever had a big red inflamed pustle/cyst on your face and then had to resort to taking advil to make it less inflamed and noticeable? I have. It totally works, but usually when the advil wears off the cyst blows right back up worse than ever. Green tea is way better, and sometimes it can help them go away or come to a head a lot faster. I'm not sure how it does it, as it causes no irritation whatsoever, but I could swear that it even seems to help dry them out sometimes.

Green tea oxidates over the span of hours, so don't bother leaving it around too long. I leave it brewing in a sealed travel mug for a couple of hours and then use it as a toner after washing my face. Then I use it again in the morning (my travel cup is metal and so tightly sealed that it's actually still warm by the AM otherwise I wouldn't use it).

Brewing it in boiling water and using longer steeping times increases the polyphenols---though this makes it taste like bitter crap, so keep that in mind if you're going to drink it.

Reviewed on October 23, 2012

I read online that if you let green tea brew and cool down and let it get strong (I leave the green tea brew 15-30 mins) and apply to your skin it will take out redness.

Also drinking it is good.

Reviewed on October 20, 2012

This is a follow up review on drinking green tea.

I now drink plain green tea with pure honey, still from Twinings.

This drink is so insanely good for you. My hormones have regulated a fair bit so that womanly problems aren't horrendous anymore, my muscle mass is growing fast with this and training and I've not caught every single bug that's going around like I normally do.

Used as a topical that's just left on over night this forms like a film over my skin so that it can't breathe and I get more spots.

This didn't get rid of my acne like it looked like it would at the start. I don't particularly care and I'll drink this forever for the other health benefits.

It does seem to have reduced it somewhat though. This stuff really inspires you to get healthier in other ways too, and if nothing else, your self esteem will thank you for it. A healthy life style makes you glow, and somehow your acne seems less important and smaller.

Reviewed on September 3, 2012

Ive been struggling with acne for a year now. Im 24/f have had crystal clear skin all throughout my teens. I got struck with a horomonal problem and was placed on a cocktail of birth controls and other horomonal meds. In summary, my skin became a mess as of the summer of last year. I mean huge cysts that were filled with sebum ( the kind that no matter how much you squeezed more oil came out) gross i know, but the problem was horomonal. Tried saw palmetto, mint tea all if which were supposed to decrease the androgen causing horomone that was causing this gross skin condition, of course with no result. Summer time seems to aggrevate the condition due to the hot and humid air which caused my skin to be more oily, was on the verge of going on yaz but decided to go for one last natural approach.... Green tea! Ive been drinking the stuff 4 cups daily with no sugar or other additives, with lots of water and honey miced with sugar masks 2xs a day and i can officially say my skin has gone back to its natural texture. Normal/dry as opposed to super oily. Not only does green tea work on detoxifying the body and getting rid of the inflammation and acne causing bacteria but it also regulates the overly active androgen horomone which leads to acne. Check out some of the info i have found. Green tea is an absolute miracle Scientists at the Tang Center for Herbal Medicine Research at the University of Chicago identified a specific green tea catechin called (-) epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) as the main hormone-regulating catechin. Multiple animal studies show that injections of EGCG modulate androgens and other hormones which contribute to acne development.1

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

Green tea has significantly reduced my acne. I don't think it's the green tea alone though--when I drink it, it makes me feel healthier, and that has inspired me to clean up my diet and simplify my skincare system. I do two things: I drink two pots of strong (two teabags each) green tea (organic, caffeinated, flavored or not depending on whether I want to use teabags topically) and then I rub the unflavored teabags on my skin in the morning to wash my face. I then put on a serum and moisturizer. I don't drink or use the decaffeinated kind, because green tea is pretty low in caffeine already, and I try to avoid any extra processing I can. My skin has gone from moderate to light acne because of the green tea (and subsequent diet and lifestyle changes). I find the best kind is the Japanese organic green tea. I've noticed it seems to be the best kind to rub on my skin. Best thing is, I didn't have an initial breakout!

Reviewed on August 17, 2012

So i tried this in summer 2011 for my acne and i was sure to drink multiple cups a day for a few weeks. Outcome - did nada for my acne. Green tea is supposed to be good for your body none the less but don't bank on it to 'cure' or 'control' your acne.

Also tried this as a topical and it irritated my skin beyond belief.

Reviewed on July 11, 2012

i started drinking maybe around 3 to 4 cups of green tea a day hoping it would help with my the acne i do get once in a while. On top of that, i would swish around the tea bag all around my face, and let the bag sit there for 10 minutes. This was 3 weeks ago.

Since than i've been very happy with the results, my skin is brighter and smoother and havent had any new breakouts! The tea bag applied topically has gotten rid of most of my acne, and the best part i feel really healthy!

Im not saying you're acne will go away in like 10 seconds, cause it wont. But you'll see results with in a week or so. Definitely recommend it, worth a shot (: ! <3

Reviewed on July 5, 2012

been through the whole going to the doctors and going on the pill but that seemed to worsen things.

i came off the pill back in december, skin was the worse it has ever been, especially on my forhead& chin

i was living in australia at the time, the humidity was unbearable& making things worse.

moved back to the UK in january , due to air con, climate change, stress and messed up hormones, as well as a dramatic weightloss, my skin looked horrendous!

i started on a natural routine, that has been on and off for about 5-6 months.

1. i started drinking more water - and natural teas (dandilion and burdock mostly and chamomile)

2. i used Dr organics tea tree facial wipes( going back to simple products)

3. used non comodegenic concealer ( physicians formula twin concelealer)

4.i would only use aloe vera as moisturiser.

5. cut out diary

6. ate more healty in general (cut out junk food - not entirely- ate more veggies)

and my skin looked a lot better, sometimes, but nothing drastic.

so i changed it recently and wow im noticing a big difference

the aloe vera made me get a lot of blackhead, so i now only using it for dryness around the nose and soothing of tired eyes.

the burdock tea actually made my skin worse as it was detoxifying my body too much i wasnt getting vitimins from good food i was eating - so i stopped that

the tea tree wipes are great. i remove my makeup with them every night and it works great.

the concelaer is so moisterising and not suffocating. it is not seeping in your skin and pores

i use a clindomycin antibiotical lotion - cleared my forhead acne, cheek acne.

BUT only started drinking green tea a week ago, on my period, WOW - clear skin&complexion, less redness, more awake, its not a miracle, but i do believe along with my other natural ways, green tea will eventually keep my complexion and post acne marks down, aswell as working as an anti i

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

i have suffered acne for almost a decade!!!!

it ruined my life, i became so depressed with my face that i constantly been thinking of commiting suicide.

and thank god i came across this site and read about green tea. . .

i drink 1 pitcher of containing 3 bags of green tea and i apply it topically in the morning and at night. during the first week i didnt notice anything and it looked like my acne worsen but i did not stop i wanted to try it for 2 weeks so i just waited and in 2 weeks time, the size of my pimples reduced significantly and my over all skin condition improved!!!

now im on my 4th week of drinking it, i only got few breakouts but they are small, i constantly get compliments it really feels good!!!!

Reviewed on June 15, 2012

I drink approximately 3-4 cups of green tea daily and apply it to my face once or twice per day.

When applying it topically, I start by soaking a green tea bag in cold water for 10-15 min. Then I apply the tea bag on my face on the affected areas and wait for my face to dry a little. After that I use a non-comedogenic moisturizer to prevent dryness. The water that I soaked the tea bag in I sometimes use the next morning. I apply it with a cotton pad and moisturize again.

Both drinking green tea and applying it topically has really reduced my acne significantly. It has also been very beneficial for my sensitive skin, since it does not cause irritation.

I urge everyone who wants to improve their complexion to try it!