Page 4 of Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 342 reviews

Green Tea

Reviewed on February 1, 2013

I'm a 20 years old guy with acne. I drank 3 cups of green tea per day, before every meal, mixed with a bit of sugar, for 1 week. I also applied once or twice a day the tea bag on my face.

It did quite literally nothing for my acne. My advice is to not waste your time on home remedies since as the site says, they're largely ineffective. I tried it for like 10 days, but it's probably enough to see if it works or not.

Reviewed on January 28, 2013

I've been drinking this stuff for 2 days and I already see a noticeably improvement in my skin. My cystic acne spots have dried up and my face looks less red after just 2 days. I definately recommend this product as I think cystic acne has more to do with diet than hormones, I no longer get whiteheads that used to plague me. I recently did a complete diet overhall and have cut out dairy and caffeine completely. After 2 days I see improvements already.

Reviewed on January 22, 2013

I've been drinking tea daily since I was in my early teens, and in the past 5 or 6 years green tea has slowly taken over black tea as my tea of choice. I drink it plain, or with a little lemon juice depending on my mood, and I don't notice any discernible difference in my skin. Maybe it's because I've been a tea drinker for so long? I give it three stars because I will always recommend drinking green tea for its myriad health benefits, but as an acne treatment it doesn't cut it for me.

Reviewed on December 30, 2012

Green tea is really good and my acne is not 100% gone but I feel if I keep on drinking green tea it will help!

Reviewed on December 14, 2012

This is my experience and that must be taken into consideration when reading this as all skin is different and different things work for different peoples skin.

Around two years ago I started to get quite a few black heads and a few puss filled spots. fast forward a year later and I started to break out really bad with a few cysts here and there. It was at that stage that I really started to research how to controll my acne and one of the first things I found was green tea.

For the past year I have been drinking the stuff religiously trying multiple differnt brands (But mianloy drinking TickTok decafinated green tea). During this time I have tried different topical lotions (benzyol peroxide which helped clear my black heads up and clindamycin which worked well with a strict vega diet of absoultly no grains, sweets, cakes deep fried foods and all thta crap)

Bottom line is it didn't work for me but I'm still drinking it because I love the stuff and it tastes great. It's inexpensive so i will recomend anyone to try it as you have nothing to loose.

Reviewed on December 1, 2012

I drank about two cups everyday for a while and to be honest, I'm not really sure if it helped. Overall it is very good for health and I highly recommend it. I suggest a high quality tea such as Matcha Republic of Tea. Do not get generic brands. Green tea may also have antiandrogen effects. And it has tons of antioxidants. This is something that everyone should drink everyday, without sugar of course. I bet if you replace all your soda intake with unsweetened brewed high quality green or white tea, your acne will improve a lot.

Reviewed on November 28, 2012

I used to drink green tea every day and I experienced no benefit whatsoever to my skin--in fact, i'm pretty sure it made my acne worse due to the caffeine (my doctor was the one who actually pointed this out).

I don't know what the reviewer down there is talking about when she claims that green tea regulates her hormones...it's far more likely that she stopped breaking out due to the fact that her body finally adjusted to the birth control and hormones her doctor put her on...

I like to use it topically, sometimes as a toner, sometimes as a spot treatment. It totally kills the inflammation on your face, which works wonders for any cystic acne you have. Seriously. Have you ever had a big red inflamed pustle/cyst on your face and then had to resort to taking advil to make it less inflamed and noticeable? I have. It totally works, but usually when the advil wears off the cyst blows right back up worse than ever. Green tea is way better, and sometimes it can help them go away or come to a head a lot faster. I'm not sure how it does it, as it causes no irritation whatsoever, but I could swear that it even seems to help dry them out sometimes.

Green tea oxidates over the span of hours, so don't bother leaving it around too long. I leave it brewing in a sealed travel mug for a couple of hours and then use it as a toner after washing my face. Then I use it again in the morning (my travel cup is metal and so tightly sealed that it's actually still warm by the AM otherwise I wouldn't use it).

Brewing it in boiling water and using longer steeping times increases the polyphenols---though this makes it taste like bitter crap, so keep that in mind if you're going to drink it.

Reviewed on October 23, 2012

I read online that if you let green tea brew and cool down and let it get strong (I leave the green tea brew 15-30 mins) and apply to your skin it will take out redness.

Also drinking it is good.

Reviewed on October 20, 2012

This is a follow up review on drinking green tea.

I now drink plain green tea with pure honey, still from Twinings.

This drink is so insanely good for you. My hormones have regulated a fair bit so that womanly problems aren't horrendous anymore, my muscle mass is growing fast with this and training and I've not caught every single bug that's going around like I normally do.

Used as a topical that's just left on over night this forms like a film over my skin so that it can't breathe and I get more spots.

This didn't get rid of my acne like it looked like it would at the start. I don't particularly care and I'll drink this forever for the other health benefits.

It does seem to have reduced it somewhat though. This stuff really inspires you to get healthier in other ways too, and if nothing else, your self esteem will thank you for it. A healthy life style makes you glow, and somehow your acne seems less important and smaller.

Reviewed on September 3, 2012

Ive been struggling with acne for a year now. Im 24/f have had crystal clear skin all throughout my teens. I got struck with a horomonal problem and was placed on a cocktail of birth controls and other horomonal meds. In summary, my skin became a mess as of the summer of last year. I mean huge cysts that were filled with sebum ( the kind that no matter how much you squeezed more oil came out) gross i know, but the problem was horomonal. Tried saw palmetto, mint tea all if which were supposed to decrease the androgen causing horomone that was causing this gross skin condition, of course with no result. Summer time seems to aggrevate the condition due to the hot and humid air which caused my skin to be more oily, was on the verge of going on yaz but decided to go for one last natural approach.... Green tea! Ive been drinking the stuff 4 cups daily with no sugar or other additives, with lots of water and honey miced with sugar masks 2xs a day and i can officially say my skin has gone back to its natural texture. Normal/dry as opposed to super oily. Not only does green tea work on detoxifying the body and getting rid of the inflammation and acne causing bacteria but it also regulates the overly active androgen horomone which leads to acne. Check out some of the info i have found. Green tea is an absolute miracle Scientists at the Tang Center for Herbal Medicine Research at the University of Chicago identified a specific green tea catechin called (-) epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) as the main hormone-regulating catechin. Multiple animal studies show that injections of EGCG modulate androgens and other hormones which contribute to acne development.1