Page 2 of Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 358 reviews

Green Tea

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Green Tea

Only thing that's ever worked for me
Reviewed on February 17, 2015

I've had horrible hormonal cystic breakouts all over my chin and jawline for the past 6 years (I'm 24) and Ive been on the pill even longer, and nothing I've ever tried (including cutting our dairy) has worked to clear it. I started drinking warm/hot green tea every single day - anywhere from 3-6 cups - and I haven't had any cystic breakouts since. I can eat whatever I want - although I don't eat meat - and never have to worry about my skin. As for brands, the one I use is uncle lee (it's organic and very cheap), I love the taste and I don't add any sweetener. Also, I use aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser and aveeno clear complexion daily moisturizer.

Nothing to lose
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

Having suffered a sudden breakout and wanting to clear up my skin I did some extensive research that led me to discover the benefits of green tea. Green tea had been mentioned in a number of studies known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties so I decided to give it a shot. Green tea helps reduce insulin levels and contains catechins that have potent antioxidant properties. The antioxidant levels are greater in green tea powders and tea leaves than tea bags, and make sure the tea you buy is fresh! Most recommended drinking 4-6 cups a day. I started drinking a few cups throughout the day, once in the morning, in the afternoon and the evening and boy did it really change my skin. I have no new acne and my skin is a lot brighter/less oily. Of course you shouldn't rely on it to get rid of acne forever, it is a supplement that should go along with having a well-balanced diet, adequate sleep and exercise. On a side note, I also limited my intake of gluten and dairy which also helped clear up my skin. I definitely recommend green tea to everyone! It's amazing!!

Very effective! Works best if you drink 3-6 cups a day!
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

Worked wonderfully for clearing up my acne. I drink about 3-6 large cups a day. It takes time to clear up, but if you drink a good amount a day plus have a healthy diet and take vitamins you will see an improvement. Don't expect a miracle and to have clear skin within a week. Green tea won't clear it up on it's own but it makes a huge difference. I highly recommend green tea to anyone suffering from mild, moderate, to even severe acne.

by Naveenamujuri on 04/26/2015 12:43
how much time it take approximately for getting clear skin after taking the green tea?
Drink 2X a Day!
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

I have incorporated drinking green tea two times a day in addition to distilled water and my morning starbucks coffee.

For the past YEAR or so, I have been suffering with hormonal acne. I noticed that I break out more during the winter because in the summer I tan regularly and my skin clears. Because of the embarrassing outbreaks which have made me extremely self conscious, I decided to take drastic measures without going to the dermatologist.

I googled and googled holistic acne remedies and I have used a combination of things to bring my inflammation down. My skin is not perfect and not where I want it to be but it has only been two weeks and it is looking WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than it did last month. I will admit I was eating bad, and had a semi crisis within my family which caused HIGH level of stress and made my inflammation WORSE.

Green Tea is not the ALL END to acne, IT IS ONE STEP. Green Tea is an overall HEALTH benefit, but definitely helps with skin. This is what I drink:

1 Grande REGULAR COFFEE w/soy milk From Starbucks. (NO SUGAR, NO NOTHING) Occasionally I add cinnamon. Coffee helps you poop. Do not add sugar. I sometimes brew my own ORGANIC COFFEE.

Juice either beets or spinach- Mix with green apple.

Drink DISTILLED WATER through the DAY

Drink 1-2 Cups of DECAF Green Tea at night.

I do not take the vitamin A everyday. (codliver oil) I alter with flax seed oil at night sometimes.

All my vitamins come from Whole Foods and are "food based".

When I am not being lazy, I will juice celery and mix it with orange juice.

I try to eat an avocado a day. I also mix a avocado /banana and make mask and let it sit on my face .

As you can see, I use a wide range of methods. The key is to be consistent.

Within the last two weeks, my acne has cleared up and confident it will be completely clear by the end of this month.

The key are the vitamins and organic FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES.

The bottom line is, YES GREEN TEA WORKS. Incorporate this INEXPENSIVE herb into your diet NOW!

One more thing, My was regime--I wash my face with olive oil and/or coconut oil at night. Sleep with coconut oil and/add retina A and your skin will love you!

GOOD! (That's what I thought)
Reviewed on November 21, 2014

Hi! I started to take this thing because I read the whole 500 reviews or at least the positive ones, Im takin 3-4 cups a day , Its only been 3 days, I know is a short time but I haven't break out since I started, I read this thing could regulate the dopamine and control stress, I have dermatillomania because my axiety, I've notice after taking the cup of tea I feel with more energy but without axiety, I'm not touching my face anymore, or at leat I'm more conscious about it, so this ting is really good for me, tonight I'm gonna try mix tea with oats to make a facial mask to fade marks, I will update how everything is going. Sorry about my english Im not an english native speaker, please correct me if I've made mistakes :)

UPDATE:Haha it's funny I said wonders about this Jajaja after a week or two taking green tea it caused the worst break out I,ve had in years, this thing resulted really bad for me, as soon as I stoped taking this my skin went back to normal

Pure Green Tea is Marvelous
Reviewed on December 27, 2014

I was at a point in life where my acne was at its peak; it was everywhere, whiteheads and blackheads, that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't control. It was embarrassing. Then my friends introduced me to Green Tea. It has been an epic experience; it hasn't been the key to getting rid of all my acne, but my acne is now very painless, it goes away faster, and helps me relax and focus during the day. It is exceptional in stress management. Overall, didn't cure me of my acne, but made life easier. I drink 2-4 cups of Pure Green Tea, Ceylon or Sencha if possible. Booyah :)

No results in terms of acne great otherwise
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

I have been drinking 3-5 cups of green tea a day for the past month and using it as a toner and have seen no improvements in my acne. I am 29 and have mild-moderate acne. While taking Yasmine my acne totally subsided but since I have been off birth control it is back with a vengeance. I was hoping to cure it with natural remedies and diet changes but nothing seems to be working so far, although I am not sure how long you need to wait to see results.

My new coffee
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

I recently quit coffee about a month and a half ago and this has been my replacement. Using other skincare treatments aswell so I'm not sure how much it does for the acne itself, but for my body in general… fantastic. I drink 1-3 cups a day and feel great!

Reviewed on November 3, 2014

GREEN TEA IS AMAZING! OF CAUSE THE DECAFFEINATED tea is so nice to drink it gives you energy its so powerful, you could be hungry 1 minute and after drinking that cup of green tea you're full!! its like it tells your body what it needs and green tea is what it needs, also helps with water intake for the day it calms you down and make you more relaxed which means clear skin right!!

Decaffeinated Green Tea Is Available Also
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

I appreciate all of the previous reviews about green tea for acne! I wanted to let everyone know that there are different brands of decaffeinated green tea available also. "Bigelow" is just one of the companies that makes decaffeinated green tea. You can find this tea at any grocery store. You just have to look for the Bigelow Green Tea box, that has the orange labeled that says decaffeinated on it. I have seen other brands of decaffeinated green tea also. You will need to search each box, for the label that states decaffeinated, otherwise it is assumed to have caffeine in it. When preparing green tea, I honestly just open the tea bag up and dump the contents of green tea in the water to be boiled, so that I drink the herb in it's purest form. 2 large glasses of this per day, boosts my immune system and seems to make my pimples less inflamed, as green tea is an anti-inflammatory herb. As a woman in my thirties, I get worse acne depending on the change of my cycle, so I use a combination of eating a large serving of fresh, steamed broccoli and 2 large glasses of green tea per day to help regulate my hormones for clearer skin also. Hope this helps everyone!