Grandpa's Thylox Acne Treatment Soap reviews

4.4/5 - 27 reviews

Brand: Grandpa's

Sulfur (3%).

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate (*may also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate), Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentatate, Cosmetic Orange Oxide.

Grandpa's Thylox Acne Treatment Soap with Sulfur, 3.25 oz
updated: 10/25/2014 02:25 UTC
Grandpa's Thylox Acne Treatment Soap with Sulfur -- 3.25 oz (Quantity of 5)
updated: 10/25/2014 02:25 UTC

Reviewed on February 3, 2012

HG :)

Some background:

I have had acne since I was 10, I am 19 now and at first it was isolated at my forhead. I tried proactive at 12 and it cleared my acne until I was 15 when it came back with a vengence. I then turned to the Clean and Clear acne system which helped for a few months but then failed me again. I went to a dermotologist and tried everything from benzaclin, epiduo, differin, antibiotics, a plethora of different cleansers and masks and odd home remedies., clarisonic, etc. By Oct, 2011 my acne was so bad that it made me cry in the mornings and dread leaving the house. I had cysts all over my cheeks and jawline and postules all over my forehead...big red inflammed pimples on my fair skin it looked awful. Even with makeup on people would still comment on my acne, ask me things like

"What happened to your face?!"

"Why dont you wash your face?"

(and all the other dumb comments people make)

Salycilic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide failed me...so I started looking into sulfur products. I was searching it on google when I came across this product in January. I went ahead and ordered it and a week later I am 90% clear besides those pesky scars the cysts left behind. This thing is a miracle in a box and a steal for barely 4 dollars!!

Everyone suffering from acne needs to try this soap!

Reviewed on April 24, 2011

Great value when compared to other products. I got used to the smell. I also rinsed off quickly to prevent drying. Grandpa's also worked on my body acne. I almost dismissed this product because it is so cheap compared to others. $3.00 a bar. Good thing I did not, I wouldn't be writing this...

Reviewed on June 13, 2010

Have used this on an off for a year, and all though it doesn´t clear up acne totally it takes u a long way. I have been happy with the product, and now that i use it together with sudocreme i feel great!

Reviewed on February 3, 2010

It helps,...but i would advise to use it just on the areas, or if u have acne everywhere like myself it probably would be good to use it everyother day or so. Good luck and God Bless

Reviewed on September 11, 2009

Try it! If it works, great. You will only be out a few bucks if it doesnt.

Reviewed on April 8, 2009

This is great stuff! Sulphur may not work for everyone, but it definitely works for me. Salycilic acid formulas and benzoyle peroxide really irritate my skin but this soap is very mild. I've tried dozens of other natural things and nothing ever helped. It's very effective and the smell is not bothersome at all. It softens and smooths the skin nicely, although it can be a little drying, for the most part my skin is clearer and more balanced now than it ever has been. I use it in the morning and at night.

Reviewed on March 2, 2009

i have been using it for three days and my scne is already clearing up. Now this product may not work for everybody, but for me i have oily skin and this in a was dries my oil out so that it why i dont get dry skin.

Reviewed on February 21, 2009

this soap does work well to prevent break outs. when break outs do occur this soaps helps them to go away quicker and not become so big and inflamed. however this soap causes me to get milia. nothing helps the milia to go away except for going to the derm for extractions. so for this reason my grandpas soap went in the garbage and i have switched to joesoefs sulfur soap. this soap blows grandpas out of the water. it doesnt cause break outs of any kind for me. works really well at keeping me clear. there are some harsh reviews on here about joesoefs shipping and customer service. the company was just having some issues for a few months. ive ordered from them numerous times and only had a problem once and that was back in november and the co. did issue a refund and an apology.other than that i have always received my products rather quickly and the customer service has always been amazing.i have seen much better results with the joesoefs soap and i highly recommend it over grandpas.

Reviewed on October 8, 2008

I can definitely see this stuff helping a lot of people. I personally have dry skin naturally but I do also have oil in certain areas. What I found is that in the oily areas of my face, this soap was great and did it's job. However in my dry areas it only dried it out more and caused bad irritation and redness which led to breakouts. So basically, people with oily skin, blackheads, cysts and inflamed acne may find this soap helpful in those areas but it wasn't for me. I'm now using Grandpa's Oatmeal Soap which is much more mild and is doing an amazing job.

Reviewed on September 20, 2008

I wish you could walk into a drugstore and buy this because everyone with acne problems should use it. I get it from [link removed]; I buy tons of things from them and they always ship quickly.