Glycolic Acid Peel

Recommended by 70% of visitors

Average price: $39.35

Most helpful review

By Mary on 12/17/2012

I bought a glycolic acid peel 30%, from Perfect Image on Amazon. This peel worked from the get go. I noticed my skin was smoother after the first application. After a few weeks I also noticed I was breaking out way less. Currently, I only have 1 active pimple, which is really not normal for me. I usually have at least 4-5 at a time. While the peel worked on breakouts and lightened some of my hyperpigmentation (I have very light skin, but dark marks), my skin adapted within a month and now my marks are not lightening like they did initially. My skin is still staying much clearer though. (even during that time of the month---weird!) I also must say that I was using this product 2-3 times a week. I felt my skin could handle it, but this is most likely the reason why my skin adapted so quickly..

Pros:
  • 1. smoother skin
  • 2. Dark marks lightened
  • 3. face is much clearer
Cons:
  • 1. some peeling
  • 2. redness for 20 mins after application
  • 3. my skin adapted and now I need a stronger peel

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

recommended for light acne sufferers who have stubborn red marks, i bought a 30% 30ml glycolic acid peel with neutraliser and toner from Ebay for 9.60 and it will last for ages cos you only need to use 1-2 ml per peel

Pros

• Clears up mild/moderate red marks within a few peels
  • Smooths out skin etc
  • May see a improvement in very shallow scarring and helps with mild ancne (dries it out)

Cons

• Somewhat unpleasant tingling
  • Takes several peels to notice the change
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 9.6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE TRAINED IN THIS FIELD YOU WILL ABSOLUTLEY GET RESULTS!! STAY AWAY FROM STORE BOUGHT GLYCOLICS AND SALON BECAUSE THEY ARE BUFFERED. GO DIRECTLY TO A DERMATOLOGIST,PLASTIC SURGEON OR MEDICAL ESTHTICIAN, THEN YOU WILL SEE THE RESULTS PROMISED!!

Pros

• DECREASES FINE LINES,ACNE SCARRING AND AGE SPOTS.HELPS WITH ACNE PRONE SKIN. GREAT EXFOLIATER OF DRY DEAD SKIN CELLS.ALSO HELPS INCREASE COLLAGEN.

Cons

• MIGHT BURN A BIT AND SLIGHT REDNESS
  • very light
  • $ 50
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

find a place that does not charge too much and see how you like it. If you like it keep doing it and maybe then go to a more expensive place.

Pros

• brings up exsisting bumps and then dries them

Cons

• Makes skin feel tight and stings
  • moderately severe
  • inconsistently
  • $ 35
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

does not help with scarring and does not do much except overall just be a general exfoliation but this stuff is great though sorry it wont take off scars!

Pros

• softer and more youthful looking skin
  • helps with acne

Cons

• Slight burning (depending on strength, frequency, and duration)
  • Redness, dryness, and flaky skin

By on

I spent 180.00 at the spa on 4 treatments at 20%. I just completed all 4 and my skin was worse after then when I started. I was so mad. I then resorted to buying a glycolic peel for at home use thinking a stronger dose should do it. Well I just used my 50% glycolic peel last night and my fiance said to me today "Wow your skin looks worse now than it ever has! What did you do? Pick the crap out of it". Ya, not what I was looking to hear. I have little tiny pimples, red marks, and looks like scabs too all over every square inch of my face!. So, bumbed-

I don't know what to do with my skin?????I'm 24 now and have been dealing with oily, acne prone skin for as long as I can remember..Their has to be someting that works. Bottom line-it's not glycolic peels. What a waist of money

Pros

• easy to apply

Cons

• burns, not cheap, left my skin worse then when I started
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 230
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

works well i love it and will continue to use!

Pros

• works fast, just after two days of use bumps under my skin were vanishing

Cons

• stinging
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This works great. Do it once or twice a week for 2-5 min and it works great.

Pros

• Helps to clear acne and acne scars. Evens your skin tone.

Cons

• none
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i would recommend it to anyone with acne

Pros

• works okay but nothing special

Cons

• a bit pricey
  • severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

The cons are worth it

Ive used it twice and I love the results

Pros

• lighter complexion, smoother skin, younger looking

Cons

• the burning sensation was horrible! and I couldnt go out that same day because of how red I was
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 48
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

it hurts, but its worth it. i was on retin-a micro for about two months, and it was working, but this cleared out the stubborn bumps that were still there. go to an esthetician! i think that has a lot to do with how well it works.

Pros

• clears acne fast. skin looked better in less than a week.

Cons

• it stung really bad, and the extraction part hurt too.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 65
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.