Page 4 of Glycolic Acid Peel reviews

3.9/5 - 82 reviews

Reviewed on December 13, 2009

Anyone would benefit from this, I think. The most important thing is not to pick at your face afterwards.

Reviewed on December 11, 2009

I got very good results using a 35% product at home over the course of 8 weeks. Paying for salon treatments would be prohibitively expensive. I am 29, have hyperpigmented spots and a few ice pick scars from prior acne-- it's MOSTLY gone now, but it used to be BAD before I had my baby (hormones changed things, I think), and I tried several prescription products to control it. I peeled 3x a week for 8 minutes ea.-- my skin is not sensitive at all-- my coloring is far more even and the ice picks are even a bit shallower. Added bonus of softening of fine lines. However, while there is no discernable "peeling" I would not use this in summer or when you are outdoors a lot, as it does seem to lighten the skin. No amount of sunscreen will make up the diff between a really pale face and bronzed bod. I plan to continue use through at least Feb/March.

Reviewed on December 7, 2009

I used 35% glycolic acid peel as directed for 8 weeks, 1 treatment per week. I did tend to break out a few days right after each weekly session. I used lotion following the use of this product. I didn't see any results when I was done as i was expecting to. I was disappointed.

Reviewed on November 25, 2009

2 years post-accutane, I had a major breakout of tiny whiteheads and blackheads alll over my face. They weren't too noticeable from a few feet away, but the texture was horrible. It was especially noticeable in direct sunlight.

After a few months the small bumps began turning into pustules and papules, one by one. They're not too difficult to pop at this stage, but they always leave a pink mark afterwards.

I was put on differin XP and cindasol, and have recently had my first glycolic peel (70%). The first few days were horrible. Lots of scabs and redness, but as the days went by, the results got slightly better. My face is a bit smoother now (2 weeks after the peel), and some red marks seem to be fading, but the overall results aren't too noticeable. In fact, i think the red marks got darker in a few places...

I'm going to try at home 60% peels every 2-3 weeks and see if that works for me. Apparently the results begin to show after a few treatments. Wish me luck.

Reviewed on November 3, 2009

I did my first treatment Monday night and so far I guess its working. I got that intial breakout after my first use. I cant wait untill my 6th treatment so I can see results.

Reviewed on October 15, 2009

depends on where you buy it and how much you use. id often use 30%-50% on myself and then apply vitamin e healing cream off the net. I get acne pretty easilly and this didnt make any worse. a few blackheads actually came out as I peeled, its a good feeling.

think the results are permaenent, would do it more than once though, just to keep the improvements coming, the look after your skin :)

Reviewed on October 7, 2009

well, i have tried for about 2 months now with 15% gel and 30%peel.

beginning was amazing, i got really confident. i am 37 with bad childhood/teenage breakouts which left bad pigmentation and clogged pores on chin, nose and forehead. i guess my problem lies deep deep under the skin so it would take me long time to see long lasting results. I was told its gonna take 6mths to fully see the results.

I got bad breakouts now, well, they are in-between whiteheads and pimples. I tried to remove them but skin is very sensitive and they are all very close together, and they dont seem to come out totally cos they seem to come back. There are like countless of them. almost every pore has the sebum or pus.

Anyway, i can see the skin is tightening and i could see the shine(not from oil but due to the tight skin). I would try to continue cos it is quite a torture cos face is feeling dry and full of breakouts.

Until 6 mths, i would not know if it really really works.

Reviewed on October 3, 2009

i tried the new peel it works well compared to glycolic peel alone

[link removed]

Reviewed on September 25, 2009

Okay here is my honest breakdown. #1 I am a man of color,Im sure there are others like me who wonder would this actually work for our skin types.The answer is Yes! and a big YES! I can honestly say I have seriously tried every over the counter product,including having tried proactive, murad etc etc,although, not saying those products (proactive) doesnt work,but if your skin is anythign like mine,those products work for a few weeks, then all of a sudden decide to take a vacation, then POOF! they lose there effectiveness.So i decided to try the glycolic peel,Read pages and pages of reviews and decided to go along and try it,My first impression applying the product, as i read in many reviews was that this would sting a bit. But after application it wasnt as bad as I thought. (40% strength) .. I had many breakouts on my forehead prior, but after neutralizing the Glyc. then once dried and applied the PH.. most of the pimples were dried up right after, i recommend this to anyone!