Page 4 of Glycolic Acid Peel reviews

3.9/5 - 79 reviews

Reviewed on November 25, 2009

2 years post-accutane, I had a major breakout of tiny whiteheads and blackheads alll over my face. They weren't too noticeable from a few feet away, but the texture was horrible. It was especially noticeable in direct sunlight.

After a few months the small bumps began turning into pustules and papules, one by one. They're not too difficult to pop at this stage, but they always leave a pink mark afterwards.

I was put on differin XP and cindasol, and have recently had my first glycolic peel (70%). The first few days were horrible. Lots of scabs and redness, but as the days went by, the results got slightly better. My face is a bit smoother now (2 weeks after the peel), and some red marks seem to be fading, but the overall results aren't too noticeable. In fact, i think the red marks got darker in a few places...

I'm going to try at home 60% peels every 2-3 weeks and see if that works for me. Apparently the results begin to show after a few treatments. Wish me luck.

Reviewed on November 3, 2009

I did my first treatment Monday night and so far I guess its working. I got that intial breakout after my first use. I cant wait untill my 6th treatment so I can see results.

Reviewed on October 15, 2009

depends on where you buy it and how much you use. id often use 30%-50% on myself and then apply vitamin e healing cream off the net. I get acne pretty easilly and this didnt make any worse. a few blackheads actually came out as I peeled, its a good feeling.

think the results are permaenent, would do it more than once though, just to keep the improvements coming, the look after your skin :)

Reviewed on October 7, 2009

well, i have tried for about 2 months now with 15% gel and 30%peel.

beginning was amazing, i got really confident. i am 37 with bad childhood/teenage breakouts which left bad pigmentation and clogged pores on chin, nose and forehead. i guess my problem lies deep deep under the skin so it would take me long time to see long lasting results. I was told its gonna take 6mths to fully see the results.

I got bad breakouts now, well, they are in-between whiteheads and pimples. I tried to remove them but skin is very sensitive and they are all very close together, and they dont seem to come out totally cos they seem to come back. There are like countless of them. almost every pore has the sebum or pus.

Anyway, i can see the skin is tightening and i could see the shine(not from oil but due to the tight skin). I would try to continue cos it is quite a torture cos face is feeling dry and full of breakouts.

Until 6 mths, i would not know if it really really works.

Reviewed on October 3, 2009

i tried the new peel it works well compared to glycolic peel alone

[link removed]

Reviewed on September 25, 2009

Okay here is my honest breakdown. #1 I am a man of color,Im sure there are others like me who wonder would this actually work for our skin types.The answer is Yes! and a big YES! I can honestly say I have seriously tried every over the counter product,including having tried proactive, murad etc etc,although, not saying those products (proactive) doesnt work,but if your skin is anythign like mine,those products work for a few weeks, then all of a sudden decide to take a vacation, then POOF! they lose there effectiveness.So i decided to try the glycolic peel,Read pages and pages of reviews and decided to go along and try it,My first impression applying the product, as i read in many reviews was that this would sting a bit. But after application it wasnt as bad as I thought. (40% strength) .. I had many breakouts on my forehead prior, but after neutralizing the Glyc. then once dried and applied the PH.. most of the pimples were dried up right after, i recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed on September 22, 2009

I'll continue use for a few more weeks to see if the pimples go away and no more breakouts occur, if they do I will stop and find another solution for fine lines.

Reviewed on September 20, 2009

I had acne on my cheeks from work-place stress and after the pimples subsided I now have small bright red scars on my face, even after professional extractions.

I use glycolic peel once a week, as my skin is not too oily with dry patches. I rinse off after about 5 minutes. I follow with Botani's olive oil squaline serum to protect and heal skin - works wonders!

Dermo told me to gently exfoliate 1 or 2 days after glycolic peel to ensure peel process is complete.

Reviewed on June 22, 2009

Its awesome. Every week I will apply a thin layer of Glycolic Acid Peel to elimate pigmentation results. It does work except, it takes a LONG TIME to see actual evident results. It does make skin much softer. You just don't see the miracle results as you would hope for but for the price this is definitely worth your try.