Page 2 of Glycolic Acid Peel reviews

3.9/5 - 76 reviews

Reviewed on February 1, 2012

I'm an African American woman in my 30's and I bought 70% glycolic acid on eBay last week for $8. I used it on my face but diluted the acid first. 1 tsp acid and 1-1/2 tsps water. I wanted to take it easy on my face the first time around. First I washed my face with my regular cleanser (Ambi bar soap), then I soaked a cotton ball with alcohol and cleansed my face again. Then, I used a make-up/paint brush to apply the acid over my entire face. I let it sit for 3 minutes then rinsed with ice cold water and baking soda mixed. After I rinsed, I mixed all natural Vitamin E oil ($3 at Whole Foods Grocery Store) and Aloe Vera gel (also bought from Whole Foods) and applied it to my face and went to bed. The next morning I rinsed my face with water and WITCH HAZEL, then reapplied the vit E and aloe mix to my face.

I did not peel but my skin was definitely brighter the next day, almost like a bleaching effect. I looked in the mirror the next morning and was WOWed by the results!!! I'm definitely satisfied with my appearance but I wouldn't repeat the process as often as the bottle says because like I said it definitely brightened/lightened my face... A LOT... I'm not trying to turn white or light skinned, I LOVE my cocoa complexion, I just want to lighten my hyperpigmentation spots. Next time I’ll spot treat.

I ALSO USED 70% GLYCOLIC ACID ON MY LEGS AND KNEES to no avail.

I DID NOT dilute the acid, it tingled a little when applying but no immediate results. I'll try it again but so far--- the face absolute immediate results'---- for the legs and knees not so much....

Hope this helps someone out there... 70% glycolic on the body and legs ...NO RESULTS YET...

If anyone out there has remedies for hyperpigmentation on the inner thighs and knees please speak up!!! You never know whom you may be helping!!!

Peace and Blessings,

Bay Area LadyBug

Reviewed on October 8, 2011

Apply your glycolic acid properly, and err on the side of caution - less is more people ! Listen to your skin and instinct ! Start slowly and carefully !

I had dramatic effects even with 30% and ONLY 1 min of application. Over repeated uses I expect to have close-to perfect skin.

I will be upping the time applied to 3 mins, then to 5, and eventually to 7-10, depending on how my skin feels. After my bottle of 30 ml runs out (should take over half a year) I will be upping concentration to 50%.

Here's how I apply and neutralise my peel.

1) Cleanse

2) Wipe rubbing alcohol over face to ensure an oil-free skin surface (very cheap if you don't have already, don't need a lot, take care not to get addicted to the smell either - it means you're anemic :)

3) Soak gauze pad with 1-2 mL of your acid solution (1 mL = 20 drops, 2 mL = 40 ... I used 2 mL this time, but I will be using 30 drops next time, 40 is overkill)

4)Wipe over skin, taking care to not get within 2 mm of the eyes as the skin there is *thin thin thin* and most likely perfect already. Also take care not to RUB IT IN, just as long as the acid is ON your skin, it'll do its job. You don't want your skin to absorb the acid T_T So aim for a thin and even layer, by buffing when needed (eg around the nose) and lightly wiping.

5)Wait 3-10 minutes, depending on your peel experience. It is recommended for 1st time users NOT to go over 1 minute, and no one should EVER go over 10. You will feel stinging. This is normal. If it gets too much or starts really burning, listen to your skin and start rinsing the acid off (every1 has a diff skin sensitivity)

6)I rinse off with a 3/4 sinkfull of water combined with 1/4 cup of baking soda, dissolved in - it neutralises the acid on your face. I rinse for around 1 minute, until there is no stinging left. Then I rinse with just cold water for a bit longer, making sure there is no more acid left.

I'm doing this weekly for 2 month

Reviewed on September 23, 2011

I used this product yesterday 50%.

I left it on for about 4 minutes which was too much for me maybe one minute less would have been a bit less harsh!

My face is current very red in the t zone area and the skin is trying to recover again.

I would advise anyone with sensitive skin like mine to only leave the peel on for about 3 mins max to start with.

All in all on the not so red bits of my face i can see the skin looks alot more luminous

Reviewed on July 6, 2011

i had a really bad breakout a few winters ago that i couldnt seem to get under control.

I went to sk:n (uk dermatologists) and got 6 sessions of gycolic peels over the course of a few months.

it did not help for my acne at all and i am left with permanent pitted scars on my cheeks to this day. the acid has a kind of melting effect and dissolves ur skin away leaving a big hole where ur pores used to be.

this kind of treatment is probably best for ppl who do not have any active pimples and just want to get rid of superficial scarring - it's not the best thing to use if u have pustules. if anything it just aggravates ur acne even more.

Reviewed on May 3, 2011

I have just finished a 7-treatment glycolic peel cycle using first 40% glycolic acid and then 50% (my back skin is not very sensitive).

First a little background: I have moderate to somewhat severe bacne. I have tried retin-a, antibiotics and bp, the first two where rather useless and though bp worked rather well it bleaches everything so I had to stop. Also I've tried some "home remedies" like Head and shoulders and a non dairy diet, which again, didn't work. The only time I've been acne free is during my pregnancies. I get better during the summer months and worse in the winter.

For the first three weeks I did just peels, plus a routine of salicylic acid toner and a mild lactic acid cream. My back got better, but I could kinda tell from experience that is wasn't going to work completely. So I added an aha-cream as per Dan's bacne regime. Now I'm on my 4th week of that combo and my back is considerably better. Just a few small pimples. Of course the back still looks like a mess due to all the scars and crusts, but when I touch my skin it feels much smoother. For me this is a very big deal since I've struggled with bacne for almost 20 years, and it has gotten worse and worse.

After starting aha-treatments my skin looks the best it has in years. And I feel confident that if I can keep up with this regime I will have pretty decent looking back for the most parts. But it will take some dedication

Reviewed on February 21, 2011

ME: I am 32. I had **absolutely perfect/flawless skin** with only mild cleanser and lotion until age 31. I never needed make-up EVER. I now have grotesque, hormonal, cystic acne that scars whether I pick or not and causes pits and horrible discoloration. I have dark tan skin. I am so sad, I no longer want to show my face.

PRODUCT: 40% glyolic acid peel off of ebay

USE: I used the glycolic acid peel religiously every five days for the last month. The PIH has begun to lighten and the scars are softer! Really. Note: The newer scars that are just forming get horribly worse if you put glycolic acid on them before they are well healed. If you do put glycolic on new scars, then don't heal at all. DO NOT PUT IT ON PLACES THAT DON'T NEED IT, you will just singe your first layer of skin off.

RESULTS: Don't expect overnight miracles. My acne was not lightening on its own after several months. I noticed a difference with the peel within a month. You should not, not put it on places that do not need it. Use, Dan's AHA for those places. This is for those of us with severe scarring and PIH.

Reviewed on December 20, 2010

I have been dealing with gross, dark acne scars in unpleasant places my whole life. i have tried everything. id soak my skin in vinegar DAILY, untill i learned about acid peels. I decided not to take any chances with it being too week, so on ebay i purchased a pack, two 1oz bottles, 50% and 70%, for only about 15-16 dollars free shipping(check out the seller, sharefair)

anyway, i went straight for the strongest stuff. i HAVE been over using it(full peels once every few days, and spot treating my scars with the 70) and yeah it gets pretty irritated when you do it so often.i actually burnt a hole in my belly(its oing away though) but if you follow directions(once a week, leave on for 2-6 minutes depending on tolerance) you shouldn't have any problems. so far im noticing my scars are definately a lot lighter, im not getting my usual pimply razor burn(im italian. i have to shave), im not getting new pimples, and my skin feels AMAZING. i am addicted!

do not let doctors fool you, they are after your $$. you can do acid peels by yourself no problem, for cheap! none of that silly $50+ per peel. you can get a whole 1 oz bottle for around 8 bucks on ebay, which is about 15 peels worth. just follow the instructions, if you need help elect a trusted friend. please don't waste your money needlessly! this works just as good! also, don't be fooled into buying a neutralizer. just mix some baking soda and water and pat it on if you really need it. wish you all luck in your quests for good skin!

and a side note, if you get one thats too strong, just dilute it with water! no need to go back and buy a weeker one. you'l get more for your money if you buy the 70 and dilute it. and do NOT use undiluted 70 on your face!

Reviewed on December 10, 2010

I had lot of large pores, my skin is oily and I get pimples. I tried the Glycolic acid peel 30 from ANAIS SKIN CARE about 3 weeks ago now and I am very pleased with the results. I also use their TCA cleanser first. Which help the glycolic to go deeper! I am very happy with this Glycolic peel. I paid about 30 buck for the bottle.

Reviewed on November 2, 2010

I have before and after photos and the results are amazing. I had huge pores and terrible acne before and now nothing, my skin is FINALLY beautiful. It tightened my skin, ridded me of lines (even under my eyes) During my first application I did have alot of flare up and peeling but it was normal due to all of the clogged pores that had been that way for awhile. I do reccommend getting some Emu oil or vit e and using nothing but that afterwards. It helped the healing time tremendously! I bought my peel from ebay through a very reputable seller. I cant tell you enough though you must be patient with this because your face WILL turn red and peel if you do it correctly. Follow ALL directions or it might not work properly!

Reviewed on October 26, 2010

I am 45 and have had acne since I was 25. It is hormonal 100% for women. Birth Control pills helped. Taking Accutane for a yr kept me free of acne for 5 yrs. Then it returned. Antibotics were useless. Those who use these glycolic peels without there hormonal problems under control will be unhappy because the acne will keep surfacing over and over again because the hormones keeps making the acne every month. This is how I felt about the peels in my 20's and 30's. The peels turned my face into a giant zit farm. I couldnt leave the house. (The exception was when Accutane got rid of the acne entirely) Now at 45, when I do the peels, small clusters of acne surface as my face clears out. But this is nothing like my 20's or 30's. This is manageable and the acid is doing its work. It will take time for the skin to rid itself of the clogged pores as I still have weak hormones still wreaking a bit of havoc. For those of you who are leaving it on for 10-15 minutes and not noticing anything at all, you have very sun damaged skin. You will need to keep doing the peels for a very very long time. You have a lot of dead skin to work through. You may wish to see a professional and ask there advice. These acids work wonders when applyed properly to the right canidates. Never apply to broken skin or onto wounds. Good luck and to beautiful skin!