Gillette Sensor Excel Razor reviews

4.1/5 - 20 reviews

Brand: Gillette

Nice
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

This razor is good because it feels great on my skin and it doesn't leaves my skin red and dry. The only bad thing is that it doesn't cut all my beard in one shave and im still looking for a razor that works well cutting the hair. It works better if you massage your beard with the jojoba oil before shaving

One of the only shavers that does not break me out
Reviewed on May 5, 2014

Good razor. Does not results in ingrown hair. Shaving every morning with it now.

Reviewed on August 30, 2012

Firstly, this only applies to my skin...everybody's is different and it's important to bare that in mind when reading this.

I have very sensitive skin, most of my acne has been reduced to marks, I have very bristly facial hair that grows very quick. I used the fusion proglide previously with not much of an issue, but was concerned when I read about the "danger of 5 blades" so after reading the rave reviews of this I thought i'd try it. I used the Sensor Excel for a week and it was possibly the worst razor I have used! Could only describe it as a pair of claws being dragged down my face! I developed major razor burn and a number of bumps...something the proglide never did!

All and all for someone with hair and skin type like mine I wouldn't go out of my way to buy this razor.

Reviewed on April 2, 2012

Dan, you seem cool and all, but I believe you dropped the ball by putting the Trac II over the Sensor. No way, no how is the Trac II the better shaving system. I experimented with both the Trac II (with bump fighter handle) and the Gillette Sensor. The difference was like night and day. Way more nicks with the Trac II blades. The Sensor was lighter in weight, and the duel blades hugged my face way better, and gave me a VERY comfortable shave. So comforable in fact having extremely sensitive skin, the irritation I would normally get on my face and neck was almost non existant. The Trac II blades seemed like they set up higher off my face, thus not making me feel confidant enough that I was getting a close shave. This in turn I believe caused me to make more passes on my face and neck, leaving me with more irritation than the Sensor system. With the Sensor, It was like a religious experience. The handle and blades just felt right. The Sensor blades are are few more buck than the Trac II blade. Oh well, even as the cheap skate I am, I'm willing to pay for quality when it comes to my razor blades. I'll be using this system until I die or until I simply don't have access to the blades or handles anymore. I use Neutrogena for men sensitive shaving cream with their sensitive post shave cream for the best comfort.

Reviewed on July 23, 2011

Once again the bottom line is the shave was not close enough. This razor might do the job for people like Dan but for guys who are more hairy like me a 4 or 5 blade razor would be better.

I tended to get many cuts b/c I was tempted to shave at the same spot a second time (because for the third time the shave was not close enough).

I respect Dan and I'm very grateful for this site his regimen really helps. But I have to disagree with this recommendation of 2 blade razors b/c it might not work for everyone. People like Dan take much longer to grow facial hair and perhaps get irritation from 3-5 blade razors because it's too much for them. Everyone has different skin so it's best to try possibly all 2-5 blades to see which one is best for you. If it doesn't work you can always return it right?

As for me I been using the Gillette Fusion ProGlide and it's the best razor for me so far. Not irritating, I get a very close shave, & I don't get any cuts anymore.

Reviewed on December 22, 2009

The bottom line is that this is the best razor you can buy. It will give you a close shave and prevent acne (because it prevents skin irritation).

Reviewed on December 21, 2009

Even though the Fusion (similar to Mach3 I think), has 5 blades, the SensorExcel's 2 blades do a much better job of shaving and less irritation. I can even get that facial hair off my chin very well, nice and smooth, not like other razors.

Reviewed on January 22, 2009

I tried the SensorExcel during a period of frequent breakouts, and did not like it at all. My facial hair is pretty coarse and tends to grow in different directions, and this just could not give me an adequate shave. Led to some ingrown hairs due to shaving the same areas more than once. I would caution men with coarse facial hair to stick with a three-blade razor. I've had good success with the Mach 3, along with Aveeno Therapeutic Shave gel to fight those acne-like ingrown hairs.

Reviewed on January 2, 2009

Use it, Ive used 1-5 blades, electric and normal. By far the best razor I have used and will only use this from now on. Thanks Dan for recommending this product!!!

Reviewed on May 4, 2008

My tip is shave in the bath not at the sink.Wash face with ultra mild soap wash off,put a little olive oil ie thin layer over face and neck and then use gillette fusion ultra protection shaving gel on top gives good glide shave with the grain in light short strokes,never,never shave against the grain you will get razor burn and rash.After you shave if you move your hand across the grain you will feel it still little rough,thats correct.remember a mans face after shaving should not be as smooth as babys bum its not natural.If like me you have really sensitive skin try the above recommendation and also if you dont have to shave every day DONT, let skin recover before next round.Ypu might also want to try shaving at night rather first thing in morning.I do and it works for me.You most likely will always have a bit of burn after shaving thats the type of skin we have and there is nothing else out there thats going to stop it.Just take it slow and try the above method it can only help.