Get Gorgeous Herb Tea for Clear Skin

Average price: $10.64

Brand: Get Gorgeous

Most helpful review

By Paloma, Salish Sea on 11/12/2011

You can buy this for $0.30 a tea bag in a tin (36 tea bags / 1.65 oz), or bulk from their website at $0.16 a tea bag (in quantities of 250) - if you use this regularly and want to continue buying the product, go for the bulk! There's also a much cheaper option; buy or order dried herbs from a source you trust and make your own tea. Most of the ingredients in this you can get for less than $1.25 an oz. The ingredients, as listed on the website: Organic Rooibos (leaf), Orange (peel), Hibiscus (flower), Chamomile (flower), Red Clover (flower), Chaste Berry (fruit), Burdock (root). Other Ingredients: Natural Pomegranate Flavor Cost: Rooibos - $3.00 / oz Orange peel - $1.15 / oz Hibiscus - $1.00 / oz Chamomile - $1.25 / oz Red clover (flower) - $3.00 / oz Chaste berry - $1.00 / oz Burdock - $1.00 / oz Please note that while rooibos does have properties that help your skin, it is primarily in the tea for taste. If you don't care about taste you can skip it and save $. You could also leave out or substitute something else for the red clover flower; one of its primary purposes in the tea is stimulating the immune system, and there are many other cheaper herbs that can do this. Buy or check out a herb book, or use the lovely resource that is Google. The total price of 1 oz of all of these herbs is $11.40 (and could be up to $4 cheaper if you do some substitutions). This will get you 7oz of tea, or approximately 155 tea bags; that's around $.07 a cup. If you don't have an apothecary in your area, there are many online. I live in Seattle, and I recommend Tenzing Momo (and no, I don't work for them, I promise, I'm just a fan) - google em, click online ordering, and then herbs. They are listed alphabetically. Good luck, and remember that you don't need to pay exorbitant prices for products you can concoct yourself. :).

Pros:
  • All of the herbs contained are wonderful for skin.
Cons:
  • Expensive!

108 out of 204 people found this review helpful

Other Ingredients:
Natural Pomegranate Flavors.

Member reviews

By on

i think they should sale in more store .thats how you make money on a product that works. think about it many thing you take for acne your body get Amund to my hair dresser has been take it for years. that tells you something.

Pros

• i love tea so ,it nice to have when i go to work. i work at starbucks so i know soso, about tea. the tazo tea i sale is not as good but it helps african red bush. my skin look great i've been on many thing's for my skin. and so far i like this one.

Cons

• i have to go 160 miles to get this tea. it should be every where i thing.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 600
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i bought this at cost plus market. it's caffeience free. great. healthier than green tea from what i heard

Pros

• tastes great, and acne slowly clears up after 1 week

Cons

• you have to drink 3-4 a day everyday. consistent.
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 9.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I don't have problem getting the tea as I can get it at Whole Foods. I love drinking tea, so it's not a problem to me. I love the taste too. Sometimes I mix "Get Gorgeous" and "Get Clean" together and drink throughout the day.

Pros

• Love this tea. In fact, I found out "Get Clean" tea works better than this one because of the detoxifying effects.

Cons

• I can't think of one. Maybe it's a bit too pricey?
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 9.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is a nice thing to add onto your daily routine.

Pros

• This reminds me to drink more liquids, as I often don't drink enough throughout the day. It tastes good.

Cons

• There isn't a significant difference.
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Add it to your routine if you like tea, a good alternative to green tea since it doesn't have caffiene. You can only buy it at certain stores - Whole Foods, World Market. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Pros

• Healthy tea, may help keep skin clear.

Cons

• Didn't like the taste so much and you need to probably drink a few cups a day to see any sort of result

By on

I've been drinking this tea for over a month now. I personally feel it does help a lot with my acne. Its not a cure or a miracle product, but it is a healthy tea that includes many anti-inflammatory agents. Instead of popping advil or ibuprofen all day to reduce inflammation, I would suggest buying a decent tea like this and drinking it. Its got a subtle fruity scent and taste to it. I find it very relaxing. Although they recommend drinking 2-3 cups a day, I normally only drink one. I guess its all in personal preference.

The cons to this are that you have to order it online. I dont believe they sell it in stores. it costs $10.00 and then $3.99 s+h. The can contains 36 tea bags, which isnt great, but isnt horrible either.

I would without a doubt recommend this product. I will also be purchasing again when I run out, along with a few of their other teas, including the Acai Berry tea.

Pros

• Tastes great, Has many anti-inflammatory ingredients in it, Healthy drink over-all

Cons

• Must be ordered through mail, Could get a little pricey
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Its nice to ADD it to your daily routine but I wouldn't relay on just the tea to make your skin great... use it with a clear skin regimen.

Pros

• It tastes great!

Cons

• You have to drink like 3 cups a day and its a lil expensive
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I tried this stuff when I was looking at green tea and its benefits. I came across this tea which isn't green but red tea. It's actually supposed to have more antioxidants than green. Have been drinking for about 3 weeks. My face is getting better but I cant tell what it is because I'm also on presciptions meds for my face. If it isn't doing anything at least it taste good!

Pros

• Taste good and my face is getting better

Cons

• have to drink 3-4 cups a day
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.