Page 2 of Get Gorgeous Herb Tea for Clear Skin reviews

Brand: Get Gorgeous

Other Ingredients:
Natural Pomegranate Flavors.

Reviewed on November 12, 2011

You can buy this for $0.30 a tea bag in a tin (36 tea bags / 1.65 oz), or bulk from their website at $0.16 a tea bag (in quantities of 250) - if you use this regularly and want to continue buying the product, go for the bulk!

There's also a much cheaper option; buy or order dried herbs from a source you trust and make your own tea. Most of the ingredients in this you can get for less than $1.25 an oz.

The ingredients, as listed on the website:

Organic Rooibos (leaf), Orange (peel), Hibiscus (flower), Chamomile (flower), Red Clover (flower), Chaste Berry (fruit), Burdock (root). Other Ingredients: Natural Pomegranate Flavor

Cost:

Rooibos - $3.00 / oz

Orange peel - $1.15 / oz

Hibiscus - $1.00 / oz

Chamomile - $1.25 / oz

Red clover (flower) - $3.00 / oz

Chaste berry - $1.00 / oz

Burdock - $1.00 / oz

Please note that while rooibos does have properties that help your skin, it is primarily in the tea for taste. If you don't care about taste you can skip it and save $. You could also leave out or substitute something else for the red clover flower; one of its primary purposes in the tea is stimulating the immune system, and there are many other cheaper herbs that can do this. Buy or check out a herb book, or use the lovely resource that is Google.

The total price of 1 oz of all of these herbs is $11.40 (and could be up to $4 cheaper if you do some substitutions). This will get you 7oz of tea, or approximately 155 tea bags; that's around $.07 a cup.

If you don't have an apothecary in your area, there are many online. I live in Seattle, and I recommend Tenzing Momo (and no, I don't work for them, I promise, I'm just a fan) - google em, click online ordering, and then herbs. They are listed alphabetically.

Good luck, and remember that you don't need to pay exorbitant prices for products you can concoct yourself. :)

Reviewed on October 5, 2011

I had cyctic acne, big underneath the skin, pimples. I am a 30 something mother of 2. I tried all kinds of acne skin treatments with no luck and then I saw this tea and thought why not try it. It worked! I drink a cup or two of this and one cup of the Yogi Skin Detox tea (for variety) plus I'll mix in either a cup of a Red or Green Tea, for a total of at least 3 cups of tea throughout the day. My acne is 100% better. If I break out the pimples are much smaller and go away much faster. This is a treatment I don't mind continuing. I haven't stopped it, so I don't know what will happen if I stop drinking the tea. Highly Reccommend.

Reviewed on August 30, 2011

works pretty well for my bumpy face. my acne isnt horrible, mainly just bumps on the side of my face, not visible unless im in direct sunlight and youre looking at my face from a certain angle. But occasionally I'll get some nasty red bumps on my forehead or cheek, or chin. this stuff did a good job of keeping that away. When I stopped drinking it for 2 days, i got oe of those red bumps on my forehead. So the key to using this stuff is consistency.

Reviewed on May 16, 2011

So, I'm going to start off by saying I don't have acne. I get pimples here and there especially when I'm stressed. Well. I recently came off birth control and my skin has been getting more finicky. I was at a point where I would ALWAYS have a blemish or 2 and huge dry patches everywhere else. Seriously after my first day drinking the tea my skin was so hydrated and supple. I didn't even need my night cream to get rid of the dry patches. I'm on my second week of drinking this tea and my skin is radiating. It is so smooth, and I don't need concealer any more. My blemishes and dry patches are both gone. This tea is really doing wonders for me :)

Reviewed on March 17, 2011

It's "ok" to use "in conjunction "with a clean healthy diet ie: lots of veegies , whole grains , fish, tons of water, ect. BUT, it did NOT clear my skin on it's own ! Avoiding sugar, dairy,soy ,wheat processed foods AND taking fish oil supps, zinc, b complex,vita c,tons of water, honey masks at night, and drinking 3-4 cups of green tea is what FINALLY completely cleared my face. I'm just here to help so those with more severe acne. don't waste their time. Im sure the Get Clear Tea might work for those with a few pimples, but those of us with hormonal/underlying issues need to go further !

Reviewed on February 22, 2010

I buy this at GNC. I make 1 cup of this tea then mix it with one cup of arizona green tea, this really helps with the taste. i drink a few cups daily This tea combined with the yogurt mask, probiotic pills, fish oil, and vitamins has finally cleared up my skin. I no longer use any acne medications because they were not working and were making my skin dry/peely causing increases in oil production and i believe were causing wrinkles.

Reviewed on December 4, 2009

good stuff, but i recommend using this in addition to a regular skin regimen that you are using daily. this is great only as an "additional helper."

don't just rely on this to get rid of acne.

Reviewed on September 22, 2009

I have dealt with acne for about 25 years and now as an adult it had gotten worse when I got hyperthyroidsim, it was awful I didn't want to leave the house, I tried everything, I was short of going back on accutane but decided to try this tea. My face is clear except for the marks but I can deal with them, my face looks so much better. My self esteem is back :) I use get georgous along with get clean. I make a big pot of it and put it in the fridge, I fill a water bottle and bring it to work to drink throughout the day and also drink a hot cup at night before bed. I use about four bags of gorgeous and maybe 1 or 2 of clean. I also use it on my face as a toner, I put it on morning and night, I stopped washing my face too, I just use this. I do apply oil of olay sensitive skin in the morning, with a light coat of neutrogena mineral foudation! WONDERFUL!!!

Reviewed on August 5, 2009

I think I'm going to try and make my own batch of this tea. Anyone else in for the challenge? The Rooibos tea is the main ingredient and all can be found at the health food stores in the bulk section. The trick will be to figure out the right amount... equal parts of each or ?

Ingredients: Rooibos (leaf), Orange (peel), Hibiscus (flower), Chamomile (flower), Red Clover (flower) Chaste Berry (fruit), Burdock (root), Natural Pomegranate Flavor.

(Have to wonder what natural pomegranate flavor means... i assume using pomegranate extract would do the trick)