Get Gorgeous Herb Tea for Clear Skin

Average price: $10.64

Brand: Get Gorgeous

Most helpful review

By Paloma, Salish Sea on 11/12/2011

You can buy this for $0.30 a tea bag in a tin (36 tea bags / 1.65 oz), or bulk from their website at $0.16 a tea bag (in quantities of 250) - if you use this regularly and want to continue buying the product, go for the bulk! There's also a much cheaper option; buy or order dried herbs from a source you trust and make your own tea. Most of the ingredients in this you can get for less than $1.25 an oz. The ingredients, as listed on the website: Organic Rooibos (leaf), Orange (peel), Hibiscus (flower), Chamomile (flower), Red Clover (flower), Chaste Berry (fruit), Burdock (root). Other Ingredients: Natural Pomegranate Flavor Cost: Rooibos - $3.00 / oz Orange peel - $1.15 / oz Hibiscus - $1.00 / oz Chamomile - $1.25 / oz Red clover (flower) - $3.00 / oz Chaste berry - $1.00 / oz Burdock - $1.00 / oz Please note that while rooibos does have properties that help your skin, it is primarily in the tea for taste. If you don't care about taste you can skip it and save $. You could also leave out or substitute something else for the red clover flower; one of its primary purposes in the tea is stimulating the immune system, and there are many other cheaper herbs that can do this. Buy or check out a herb book, or use the lovely resource that is Google. The total price of 1 oz of all of these herbs is $11.40 (and could be up to $4 cheaper if you do some substitutions). This will get you 7oz of tea, or approximately 155 tea bags; that's around $.07 a cup. If you don't have an apothecary in your area, there are many online. I live in Seattle, and I recommend Tenzing Momo (and no, I don't work for them, I promise, I'm just a fan) - google em, click online ordering, and then herbs. They are listed alphabetically. Good luck, and remember that you don't need to pay exorbitant prices for products you can concoct yourself. :).

Pros:
  • All of the herbs contained are wonderful for skin.
Cons:
  • Expensive!

108 out of 204 people found this review helpful

Other Ingredients:
Natural Pomegranate Flavors.

Member reviews

“Truly amazing.”
By on

This stuff is amazing. I've been drinking a cup every night for about 2 weeks now and wow, I've had some very noticeable results. I suffered from severe acne literally the day I turned 18 and searched for 2 years for miracle products before I finally saw a dermatologist. I was on amoxicillin for almost a year and have been clear since I got off it - but I always have blemishes here and there and have horrible pigmentation around my chin. I swear my marks are fading and my face is glowing!!! I've gotten quite a few compliments on how nice my skin looks, and I barely have to wear any foundation!!! I found mine at a local grocery store for $10. I cannot even complain about the price considering how much I've spent in the past on medication. All I can say is give it a try!

Pros

• Works
  • Works
  • Works!

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Results Seen in 2 Days”
By on

I never write reviews, but I had to for this product. I drink 1 cup a day with 2 tea bags in it. It's worked better than any oral medication I've used before. In addition to drinking this tea, I use Retin-A and wash my face daily. It also tastes delicious.

Pros

• Taste
  • No More Acne
  • Results

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have cystic acne and it had been pretty bad lately. i tried this tea at a friends house and it didnt taste terrible so i bought some of my own to try. I have been drinking one cup a day and have already noticed improvement! less redness and the pain from my acne is down too. The tea is not the soul of my regimen by any means, i wash my face twice a day and am on an oral medication but I think it is a great additive! I love that it is caffine free and doesn't have any chemicals :) enjoy!

Pros

• taste, flavor, preparation time, RESULTS

Cons

• can be pricey
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using this tea for about a month, and so far my acne has really improved. I drink 2 cups a day ( two bags in each cup ), and also sometimes drink with ice in it.

Also, i stick to a face cleansing routine.

My Regiment that works:

Wash face twice daily with Biore Ice Cleanser, moisturize once at night with Clean and Clear dual action. Avoid Aveeno, it really dried out my skin, which causes breakouts.

Careful with Foundation !! I use Cover Girl Clean. Avoid Almay or any that cakes on your skin. I had to wash my face 3 times to get that stuff off !!!

Change pillow case every night.

multi vitamin

I was my hair everyday to avoid greasy hair on my face.

I really hope this helps others with skin problems. I know how terrible it feels to have problem skin.

Pros

• tastes good, helping with my acne

Cons

• Expensive, and only available online where i live.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 40
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

no help for acne

Pros

• tastes ok, probably good for you

Cons

• expensive, no improvement to skin, can make your own loose leaf tea blend w/ rooibos, hisbiscus, etc. much cheaper (check out the bulk section of your health food store and invest in a little loose leaf strainer)
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Ok let me start by saying this, it is my time of the month and I have NOT had any breakouts thus far using this tea. Which is a miracle... I TRULY believe this works. Morning and night I have one 12oz cup of Get Gorgeous AND Get Clean. In between I'll have either 1 or 2 cups of Get Gorgeous. Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. Have been on minocycline which didn't work at all. I am now clear with the occasional zit which lasts about a day or 2. Forget all the chemicals that can do harm and try this (my regimen):

One a day women's multivitamin Healthy Skin Support (best multivitamin for skin)

Get Gorgeous tea. (Mix Get Clean also for extra punch)

Baking soda as mask and exfoliant to treat existing acne and help prevent (truly works)

Thats all you need.

Try getting your body healthy from the inside , it totally worked for me 100%. Not only clears your skin but gives you energy and promotes allover health. Screw junk chemicals.

Pros

• It works. Anti inflammatory. Antioxidants. With consistent regimen, you can absolutely get clear skin.

Cons

• Absolutely nothing.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The ingredients, as listed on the website:

Cost:

Rooibos - $3.00 / oz

Orange peel - $1.15 / oz

Hibiscus - $1.00 / oz

Chamomile - $1.25 / oz

Red clover (flower) - $3.00 / oz

Chaste berry - $1.00 / oz

Burdock - $1.00 / oz

Pros

• All of the herbs contained are wonderful for skin.

Cons

• Expensive!
  • moderate
  • inconsistently
  • $ 10.5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had cyctic acne, big underneath the skin, pimples. I am a 30 something mother of 2. I tried all kinds of acne skin treatments with no luck and then I saw this tea and thought why not try it. It worked! I drink a cup or two of this and one cup of the Yogi Skin Detox tea (for variety) plus I'll mix in either a cup of a Red or Green Tea, for a total of at least 3 cups of tea throughout the day. My acne is 100% better. If I break out the pimples are much smaller and go away much faster. This is a treatment I don't mind continuing. I haven't stopped it, so I don't know what will happen if I stop drinking the tea. Highly Reccommend.

Pros

• Tastes Great, Easy to Find, Easy to Maintain, Good for you

Cons

• Cost
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Decent taste, Comes with a lot , WORKS!!!!,

Cons

• have to use consistently , and drink attest 2 glasses a day , three recommended
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

works pretty well for my bumpy face. my acne isnt horrible, mainly just bumps on the side of my face, not visible unless im in direct sunlight and youre looking at my face from a certain angle. But occasionally I'll get some nasty red bumps on my forehead or cheek, or chin. this stuff did a good job of keeping that away. When I stopped drinking it for 2 days, i got oe of those red bumps on my forehead. So the key to using this stuff is consistency.

Pros

• works within the week (if drank 3-4 times a day)
  • tastes perfect with a spoonful of sugar

Cons

• expensive as hell ($14.95 for 36 bags)
  • makes my farts smell mad potent
  • must be consistent
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 14.95