Garnier Pure Active Intense Charcoal Scrub reviews

3.3/5 - 3 reviews

Brand: Garnier

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Salicylic Acid, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Coco-Betaine, Charcoal Powder, CI 77499/ Iron Oxides, Citric Acid, Glycerin, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG - 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyglycerin - 10, Polyglyceryl - 10, Polyglyceryl -10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl - 10 Stearate, PPG - 5 - Ceteth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Parfum/ Fragrance.

Best product I've had
Reviewed on March 24, 2014

So good, only recently got it a few days ago and have been using day and night and already my few scars are fading away! although after a while from putting it on my skin goes a little bit oily but that's probably just my skin but loves it!

My "Wonder" Product
Reviewed on March 20, 2014

This is, without a doubt, my favorite acne product next to the Effaclar Duo by LRP. After moving to Germany and having to wait for my Rx acne meds, I found this product, and it worked wonders for me! I have eczema and extremely sensitive skin, but the scrub isn't too harsh. It will literally suck up blackheads and oil. I use it nearly every day and haven't had any problems. Using it twice a day, I'm sure, would lead to dry skin, but it is now a necessity in my current regime!

Awful!
Reviewed on August 3, 2013

I was using the Garnier "Pure Active" range for quite a while, and I really liked the "Blackhead Clearing Scrub". When the "Charcoal" version of this came out, I decided to give it a go, as my skin was getting worse around this time as I was wondering if a better cleanser would do the trick. Bad idea! This scrub is NOT designed for sensitive skin. It was far too abrasive, and left my skin feeling incredibly dry after washing, which encouraged more oil production in the long run. This inevitably lead to more spots. I don't think this scrub should be used daily, despite it recommending so on the back of the product. Twice a week at the most. However, I don't think an abrasive scrub like this is the answer to acne anyway. I went back to a very gentle cleanser and my skin has thanked me since.