Garnier Long Lasting Shine Control Moisturizer reviews

3.3/5 - 7 reviews

Brand: Garnier

Aqua, Cyclohexasiloxan, glycerin, montmorillonite, glyceryl stearate se, polyglyceryl-3 methylglucose distearate, stearyl alcohol, camphor, carbomer, ci 42090, disodium edta, niacinmide, octyl methodxycinnamate, panthenol, salicylic acid, sodium hydroxide, spiraea ulmaria, triclosan, xanthan gum, zinc pca, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, butylparaben, parfum.

Not bad, not bad at all
Reviewed on March 24, 2014

I will say that, I used this along side the Salicylic Acid blackhead scrub, and my face was really dry and flakey so this offered me 0 moisturization, if anything dried it out more. BUT I think this product would be absolutely AMAZING if you were not using any drying chemicals/products and just wanted a moisturiser with Salicylic Acid in it to control shine and pimples from popping up. This did break me out in a few little pimples (but they healed and went away by the next day) but I really think that was because my face was being slammed with too much Salicylic Acid and my skin was super dry and flakey from the scrub I was already using.

I have kept this in my drawer for days when I can not find time to use my scrubs or gel cleanser from the Pure Active Intense line. (Garnier)

I recommend this to people who have oily skin and are not using other drying chemicals on their faces - this moisturiser is quite drying but that would work well if your face is already quite oily :)

I love how it sinks straight into your skin and makes it feel baby bum smooth. It leaves a pleasant cooling sensation (but don't worry if this scares you, it doesn't last too long)

Best shine control moisturiser I've found
Reviewed on July 6, 2013

I have tried many different moisturisers that claim to control shine and this is the first one I have ever been vaguely satisfied with. You have to give it a good chance to see results as its effectiveness seems to build over the first few weeks with regular use but after about a month it's doing a brilliant job for me and provides a good base for make-up as well. I really wouldn't live without it now I've finally found it as it's an affordable price and does the job much better than the more expensive ones I've tried. If you're like me and have struggled for years with shiny oily skin I really recommend that you give this product a good test run as it really has made a significant improvement for me and is something I will be buying it again and again!

Reviewed on April 16, 2012

Ive used this product for about 2-3Months.

Bought it because another garnier moisturiser similar to this worked pretty well.

However this product struggled in moisturising my skin which would naturally reduce the "greasy" look. I even started to break out, maybe due to lack of moisture or the moisturiser itself.

Either way this product isn't good, i wouldn't use it. I think there are better brands out there.

Reviewed on April 28, 2011

I had given up on any kind of moisturizers, and only bought this one because I thought it was the 24H spot treatment by Garnier. I'm in France and got a bit confused by what was written on the package, haha!

Anyway, I used it for about a couple of weeks. It smells good, is easy to apply and all of that blah blah blah. It DOES remove shine and make your skin look matte, leaving you just enough time to put on your make up, until your skin is 2X oilier than it was to start with. The thing with moisturizers specifically designed for oily skin is that when they stop your skin from producing oil, the skin reacts by even producing more as there seems to be a lack of it. Or something like that anyway.

In any case, I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed on September 2, 2010

When I first apply this after I've washed my face in the morning, it sinks into my skins and instantly gives a completely matte look, which is a brilliant base for my make-up. However, I have very oily skin, and after an hour (whether I am wearing make-up or not) my skin is shiny again. That's not surprising though, as the product initially absorbs all the oil (and moisturisers at the same time), but then my skin starts producing more oil. If I'm not wearing make-up, I can reapply the product and it works again- but with my skin that would require applying it every hour!!

Still the best anti-shine moisturiser I have tried, though.

Reviewed on July 22, 2010

This moisturizer works well. I just wish that it would last a bit longer.

Reviewed on March 28, 2010

If you have oily skin like me and you want to keep it under control while fighting acne this is a great moisturizer for you.it feels like a gel that melts into your skin

reading of the box;

shine will decrease by 77%

oil production decreases by 15%

you will have cleaner skin by 33%

this controls oil for at lease 8 hours

you can find this at a drugstores for about $10

you will see clear skin in less than a week because of the natural ingredients.Use moring and night!