Page 7 of Garlic reviews

3.5/5 - 123 reviews

Garlic

Reviewed on June 7, 2009

I read somewhere that it was good so i ate loads and put some on my skin, Well what a fine mess that got me into, it may be good for some people but very bad for me.

I am 36 year old female and always suffered, ive searched andsearched for an answer and for me I have to cut out lots of food

e.g. Cheese, garlic, milk , butter margarine ( i use sunflower but pure soya one is better) tinned tomatoe's tinned soups, peanut butter

I have recently read that alkalining your diet helps as its too much acid in your food that courses acne, This is what i am doing now, its hard but i can see results already, and the most delicous find is PURE ALMOND BUTTER (ORGANIC ) wow no other ingredients apart from 0.05% salt mmmmm yummy a little price at £2.45 but the taste is amazing and its all good for your skin vitamin E

Reviewed on May 6, 2009

i usually wet my face and rub a clove i cut in half on it a couple of times a day. I read about the burning and brown marks, and so i didnt want to risk mincing it and leaving it on for too long. So far it's been working, even thought it's just a little. My acne is pretty bad and builds an immunity to anything i've tried so far. i think tomorrow i'll try a quarter of a clove of minced garlic along with a tbsp of lime juice and some honey, and see how that goes. >_<

Reviewed on April 26, 2009

The best to take garlic is to absorb it thru the skin. When you eat it the digestive acids in your stomach neutralizes the anti-bacterial agents in the garlic rendering it useless. When you rub it on your skin it goes right thru the skin to your blood to clean it with out passing thru the digestive system. Makes since? This is how I'm going to try it for my acne:

Mash 3 cloves and let them sit at room temperature for 15 min.

Add 1 cup(varies) water to dilute because it is strong.

Leave it at room temperature for up to a couple of days then refrigerate.

After adding the water wash your face and use a cotton ball to apply garlic water to your face like and astringent.

I'm gonna do it before bed and whenever i'm not going out.

I hope those of you who didn't have a good experience the first time, try it again the correct way. Good luck P.S. If you wanna learn more here's a good link: [link removed]

Reviewed on April 21, 2009

I had really bad acne scars,

as in i would have 2 pimples one day and they would clear up in a day or 2 and then i would have 3 MORE!

there was not a single day where i didnt have at least pimples

and worse i had really bad scars all over my face

it drove me nuts

my sef esteem was horrible

but then i heard about this garlic remedy it sounded like a bunch of bull but i was desperate! so i tried it

and it works! my faceis clear and people ask me what i did to clear up my skin

when i tell them abt the garlic cure they kinda look at me like im crazy but i dont care!

Reviewed on April 20, 2009

Stopped taking them again, within two days back to normal no zits

But hey might just be my body

Reviewed on April 9, 2009

read about it and thought i must try this as nothing seems to work for me.. i minced some garlic and applied it over my zits.. attributed the burning sensation to the garlic working on the zits and left it on.. went to wash my face after 15mins.. imagine my shock and dismay when i saw a huge brown burn mark on my forehead and cheek! the first layer peeled off in a few days but the mark is till there.. its been 2 months.. im thinking of trying mederma to make it go away.

Reviewed on April 8, 2009

Worth a shot IN CONJUNCTION with other products. Give it some time to work. Do not apply on your skin or you may get a horrible reaction, eat it!

Reviewed on February 22, 2009

My mom used to make us eat a spoon full of honey covered garlic each time we got a cold. It got to the point where I was even afraid to get sick. But anywho fast forward a few years and I started breaking out. I used garlic for about 2 weeks and it did nothing but make my breath smell like ass. And through out the day each time I burped it smelled like the garlic...it made me want to throw up and not talk. So I decided while it's natural, I rather not punish myself with eating it.

Reviewed on January 31, 2009

I use it only once today so i dont know about the pros and cons I read some of the comments. I only left it on for less nice 10 seconds and wash it off. I have this product by Kate Somerville called Exfolikate -Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, and it tell you to leave it on for 20-30 seconds. In about the first 10-15 seconds you can feel the burning a little. That why with the garlic I wash it off so fast. Garlic is really strong. I also dilute it with alots of water and use a very small piece of garlic. With anything that your using with ance only use a litle and dilute it with purified water. I will continue try the garlic. But remember dilute it and only use leave it on for 10 to 20 seconds.

Reviewed on January 24, 2009

I had a hard bump on my face more like a cyst. I was deperate to get rid of it. I applied a clove of fresh crushed garlic to the affected area and put a bandaid over it to secure it in place. The stinging was so much that after like 4 minutes I removed the bandaid and the piece of garlic off my face and the sting was significantly reduced, I did not wash my face because I felt that the garlic was really penetrating and I could almost feel it breaking down and shrinking the cyst on my face, so I left it on overnight to give it plenty of time to work. The next day when I saw my face in the mirror I had this huge brown spot on my face as if I had burnt it with oil or something. It has been one month now. the burnt has completely healed but I now have this horrible brown blemish on my face that still remains and I don't know how to get ridd of it? Does anyone know how to get rid of the brown marks left by this garlic burnt?