Page 4 of Garlic reviews

3.6/5 - 125 reviews

Garlic

Reviewed on March 17, 2010

Garlic won't cure the problem; it won't get rid of acne on its own, however it helps to control and reduce the severity of the break-outs, and reduce break-outs all together.

Garlic has powerful antibiotic properties and is a general blood cleanser, so it cleans out your body from the inside.

Remedy:

Costume 2 cloves of garlic a day by crushing them (garlic press/crusher) and mixing them into a thick drink like tomato juice. This will hide the strong taste. I usually drink it at night, just before brushing my teeth. The two following brushes (that night, and the following morning) usually remove the garlic smell entirely.

note: Garlic's most powerful medicinal compounds are released when it's eaten raw and crushed, therefore do not skip this step!

Add this to your routine. Doing this regularly (I recommend daily), will help tremendously with your skin, and general health. I have done this for 3 months it has help incredibly!

Reviewed on March 14, 2010

use to have acnee for the last 2 years back coz of a food poisining i saw my dermato. and she gave me DUAC and Erilyc to be used on daily basis, nothing happen for the last 2 years till my friend advise me to eat 2 gloves of row garlic beforw going to bed, and now after 10 days i have a very good result an improvment of 50 %

Reviewed on January 3, 2010

Please don't crush a clove and use it topically on your face! You may burn/blister your skin as some have already done. It is a very effective remedy for acne and cystic acne when taken internally (speaking from personal experience on both accounts). Two cloves a day is all you need and you will see results nearly immediately within the first couple of days. It is important that the clove is raw. It is important that it is crushed or you chew on it well (it is spicy and will burn but the beneficial chemical is only made when the clove is crushed. That chemical is also what burns and can 'litterally' burn sensitive skin. Again - don't put it on your face!). I've heard some people grate it in their V8 and drink it because it's more palatable that way, I personally haven't tried that but it sounds good. Once your acne clears up, continue with regimine for another week or so before stopping and your skin should remain clear long afterwards. Now I only use garlic 'as needed' which is rarely.

Reviewed on December 27, 2009

I crushed up a whole garlic clove, and diluted it in about 2 T of water. Got a cotton swab, and swabbed it all over my face. Burned like CRAZY. But I thought it would be worth it, if I ended up with less acne. Almost unbearable. If you're willing to take the risk. Try it.

Reviewed on December 12, 2009

I never had acne until after spending four months in the hospital following a freak allergy to tylenol and full renal/hepaptic failure (kidney/liver). Now at 28 I have had to deal with cystic acne on my chin. After mincing the garlic and mixing it with tea tree oil 1 part garlic to 3 parts tea tree oil, I put it on acne. On opposite days I just rub garlic over it after chopping the garlic. Do not leave it on longer than three minutes, that is just exposing your skin to too much sulpher (there is a strong sulfinate that is in it). Don't put anything drying on your skin longer than five minutes, it just causes skin damage. If you use common sense then it will work, but as usual if you have sensitive skin test it on an area that can not be seen.

Reviewed on December 8, 2009

i've had acne ever since i was 12 and i've gone to docters on many occasions. i've used medication orally and topically from amoxicilin to benzol proxide. nothing really worked one day i did a research on the net about natural ways of getting rid of acne untill i found out about garlic. first i started using the raw garlic itself on my face. it burned my skin it didn't really work. i actually got burn marks too. soo i decided to change my method. i chopped one clove of garlic in a fruit chopper and added it with a little bit of water usually 3/4 water with 1/4 garlic. so i mixed the garlic and water with a spoon to let the juice come out and then i applied the water itself on my face. of cource you get a burning senation for 10 minnuets but it goes away.

guys believe me after doing this for almost a month all the acne on my face is gone . my skin is cleared up and last time that i went to the doctor for ichy scalp my doctor was totally imazed.

reduce usage after ur acne is gone

Reviewed on December 7, 2009

I tried garlic after doing a bit of research on internet. I applied its juice 3-4 times during the day and also left it overnight on my face. Also I consume 3 cloves of garlic every day. To my surprise it works amazingly. Probably my skin is not so sensitive, so I can leave it on face overnight. So far no other remedy has worked on me this effectively. Let's see if it continues to work like this in future also. Redness has disappeared, skin is smoother, cysts have reduced. I'm planning to use it on a consistent basis as it is so cheap and easy to use. Also I'm fond of garlic since childhood. Wondering why did I not come across this remedy before :)

I'll keep posting my comments as I use it in future also.

Reviewed on December 1, 2009

I saw this remedy on the internet, and it made sense so I tried it. I squashed garlic cloves and put them on my face for 5 mintues. As soon I put the garlic on my face it started to BURN ( of course i thought this was normal). I took it off in 5 mintues EXACTLY and my face was burnt RED. It went away after a while but it kept burning all the way till I fell asleep so I thought iwas ok. NO! I woke up in the morning with red burns all over my face. now i have no idea what to do:(

Reviewed on November 27, 2009

i used yesterday first time for, it burnt my face after 10 minutes washed my face then my whole face turned red after 30 minutes its became ok not normal but next morning their were dark spots on my face...

so plz never use garlic who have sensitive skin..

Reviewed on November 20, 2009

I've been using garlic for a while now, as you can see from my previous posts. It works pretty well in the beginning but as time went by it seemed to stop working altogether. Basically, my mother told me my face looked worse than it ever had and that now I smelt funny. I stopped using it and went on a three day apple detox. That cleared up my skin for about a week or two and now everything seems to be coming back. So yeah.... not much luck there.