Page 4 of Garlic reviews

3.6/5 - 120 reviews

Reviewed on December 8, 2009

i've had acne ever since i was 12 and i've gone to docters on many occasions. i've used medication orally and topically from amoxicilin to benzol proxide. nothing really worked one day i did a research on the net about natural ways of getting rid of acne untill i found out about garlic. first i started using the raw garlic itself on my face. it burned my skin it didn't really work. i actually got burn marks too. soo i decided to change my method. i chopped one clove of garlic in a fruit chopper and added it with a little bit of water usually 3/4 water with 1/4 garlic. so i mixed the garlic and water with a spoon to let the juice come out and then i applied the water itself on my face. of cource you get a burning senation for 10 minnuets but it goes away.

guys believe me after doing this for almost a month all the acne on my face is gone . my skin is cleared up and last time that i went to the doctor for ichy scalp my doctor was totally imazed.

reduce usage after ur acne is gone

Reviewed on December 7, 2009

I tried garlic after doing a bit of research on internet. I applied its juice 3-4 times during the day and also left it overnight on my face. Also I consume 3 cloves of garlic every day. To my surprise it works amazingly. Probably my skin is not so sensitive, so I can leave it on face overnight. So far no other remedy has worked on me this effectively. Let's see if it continues to work like this in future also. Redness has disappeared, skin is smoother, cysts have reduced. I'm planning to use it on a consistent basis as it is so cheap and easy to use. Also I'm fond of garlic since childhood. Wondering why did I not come across this remedy before :)

I'll keep posting my comments as I use it in future also.

Reviewed on December 1, 2009

I saw this remedy on the internet, and it made sense so I tried it. I squashed garlic cloves and put them on my face for 5 mintues. As soon I put the garlic on my face it started to BURN ( of course i thought this was normal). I took it off in 5 mintues EXACTLY and my face was burnt RED. It went away after a while but it kept burning all the way till I fell asleep so I thought iwas ok. NO! I woke up in the morning with red burns all over my face. now i have no idea what to do:(

Reviewed on November 27, 2009

i used yesterday first time for, it burnt my face after 10 minutes washed my face then my whole face turned red after 30 minutes its became ok not normal but next morning their were dark spots on my face...

so plz never use garlic who have sensitive skin..

Reviewed on November 20, 2009

I've been using garlic for a while now, as you can see from my previous posts. It works pretty well in the beginning but as time went by it seemed to stop working altogether. Basically, my mother told me my face looked worse than it ever had and that now I smelt funny. I stopped using it and went on a three day apple detox. That cleared up my skin for about a week or two and now everything seems to be coming back. So yeah.... not much luck there.

Reviewed on November 11, 2009

it works.i previously read about using garlic on the internet for acne, but i was scared to try it cos i read also it burns, and the bad odour, so i searched for another option, then , it will be raw apple cider vinegar. ok, so i went to the grocery store, and saw only distilled apple cider, which i could not put on my face.

to cut the long story short, i crushed the half clove of garlic, put in somewarm water to bring out the juice, and then added some natural honey to be sure i will never get burnt. and honey is also good on the skin.i will keep using it.

Reviewed on November 11, 2009

Do NOT use it overnight for sensitive skins. Unless your skin is less sensitive, feel free to use it overnight or u will end up with a garlic burn scar and its not a pretty sight to see. Use it for 5-20minutes for sensitive skins everyday for a week. It should work. Make sure u rinse and wash it thoroughly. Best to be continued with skin toner and moisturizer such as olive oil or maybe your own skin products.

Reviewed on November 10, 2009

It actaully works. But you have to make sure you do it right!

Reviewed on October 31, 2009

keep it on for 45 seconds, wash it off, be happy..it works :)

Reviewed on October 26, 2009

I've been using garlic for, what? going on three weeks now. I apply it topically to all of my face. I cut each clove into pieces and then run it over my skin. I leave the juice on over night, wash my face in the morning, apply the juice again, wait 20 minutes and then rinse it off. Also, every morning I cut up a large clove and swollow the pieces. I repeat this at night. It works wonderfully but if I don't stay consistent all of my progress is lost. I'm going to buy garlic suppliments to see if that helps. I want to stop doing this topically because of the smell and how long I spend applying it each day. Also, no one has any information on the possible long term effects of this. Wish me luck. I'll keep ya updated.