Page 2 of Garlic reviews

3.6/5 - 120 reviews

Garlic

Reviewed on August 19, 2011

Be carful when using garlic! It can burn your face; it can leave your face with scabs, red marks, and burn scars!

When I first started using garlic, I would wash my face then take a clove of garlic and slice it into pieces. I would then place the pieces over my acne. Wait 10-15 minuets then wash off with water. Use moisturizer.

This worked great until I wanted to take desperate measures and get rid of my acne all together. So I shredded some garlic and made it into paste. I placed it on my acne and less than 5 minuets later I couldn't take it. It burned so bad! It left my face RED! Oh and it gets better... The next morning I woke up, face still RED, later that evening, my face had blisters and was swollen. It looked awful! It has been 3 days since then, thanks to Vitamin E, my skin is healing fast and nicely. I will post my results and opinion in a few days.

Bottom line, I would try eating garlic.That seems to be less harmful and helpful!

If you want to use it on face only put a little on your pimples! And leave on for a little bit! Don't do what I did...

Reviewed on August 10, 2011

I think it's great and has worked better than over the counter and specialty products and wish I'd known about it as a teenager. As a sufferer for over a decade this is not a miracle cure but has greatly reduced acne, gotten rid of any painful acne and helped in the healing process. I have found the best way to eat it is crushed on bread with liberal amounts of butter. Tastes something like extra strong garlic bread. I usually follow this up with breakfast and a good scrub with toothpaste. This has minimised smell to a point where hubby does not notice it but really the benefits outweigh any odour produced. The boost to your immunity is noticeable too, while bacteria begins to resist antibiotics it doesn't with garlic and it's great to stop sickness. I'll continue to take it.

Reviewed on August 6, 2011

I used this in a homemade coffee conditioner i had made up.

The coffee makes the hair stronger and thicker and the garlic gives it a shine and keeps it healthy.

My hair is sooo soft and shiny, it does smell slightly but its not overpowering and actually is quite pleasant. I shall keep on using garlic in my hair :D and the coffee!!

Reviewed on August 5, 2011

I have pretty problematic skin. I used to have a new pimple or pimples at least every three days. I took garlic to fend off a yeast infection and it also has cleared my face up. I take a clove daily and my skin is pretty much pimple free. I get one occasionally but not nearly as bad as they used to be.

Reviewed on July 20, 2011

I love garlic. I use this instead of antibiotics, as I do not believe in them. I started using garlic back in 2007 when I got an ear infection. I decided to take garlic and see how it would help. Did wonders. Since taking it, I've never been sick or had another infection. I would like to point out that garlic is not soley responsible for this, so don't think it's a miracle cure. For acne, take 1-2 cloves a day. Crush it up to release the juices. Mask it with something if the taste is too strong for you. I don't need to do this. While I apply it topically, I don't suggest it for everyone. It can burn your skin.

Reviewed on July 14, 2011

I tried this on a painful pimple, the one thats a bump that hurts if you try to touch it. I put garlic juice on it and as I don't really have sensitive skin, it didn't burn too bad, just some tingles. The next morning, the pimple went down DRAMATICALLY. Like, from this point you don't have to spot treat it anymore and it'll pretty much go away on its own. It perfect for treating spots, better than the Clinique Acne Solutions one I had.

I also ate garlic. Basically, I crushed it and swallowed it with water so it wasn't bad. For one or two days, I had absolutely clear skin, although I'm not sure if this had anything to do with garlic. Then pimples started to sprout.

So I guess you could get garlic and rub it all over your face if you want clear skin. I didn't try this as I didn't want to smell like garlic (my sister told me I smelled like garlic after spot treating) but I'm think it could work if you don't mind the smell. Just be careful if you have sensitive skin, I don't and it did sting to some degree.

Reviewed on May 19, 2011

I have it on and it hurts.....it is burning... but the burn means its working right>>

Reviewed on April 8, 2011

definitely recommanded!!! in the fist minutes it's very itchy!! but after apply you forgot this aspect! your skin gets very smooth ;)

GREAT!!!

Reviewed on April 2, 2011

I can’t control my acne without garlic, I used to use acne treatment BP but alone it will not control my acne to the degree I want, but since I tried garlic and my acne is 90% under control, I love garlic.

If you eat up to 2 gloves a day, I don’t think you'll face any problem with like your body may smells garlic, and even if you do, you can just reduce the amount your taking until you find the perfect amount that you could eat without any smell, and for my case its 2 gloves every day and everything is just fine.

Reviewed on January 30, 2011

I love garlic when it's cooked. I have never tried raw garlic before, but since my acne hasn't gone by just using an antibacterial soap, I tried garlic.

Garlic works! You need to basically take it raw and fresh. Cut the garlic into tiny tiny pieces and put it in a glass of water. Then, just use the knife and mix the water well.

Drink it down! It's that fast. You don't need to actually chew it!

Raw garlic is the best remedy for any kind of bacterial infections.

Garlic is a natural antibiotic and this is all you need to fight acne inside out!

I've been using it for a week. Been eating it. The smell in your mouth does not last. But you gotta brush your teeth.

Plus, it's very very cheap!

Warning: Do not put this stuff topically, It will burn your skin! Drink it's juices with water.

Allicin, the antibiotic, will only work if the garlic is crushed fresh and raw!